Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just went for a quick look at UK iTunes chart and TOP 3 it's the same but now both Ed Sheeran songs are discounted. Does that affect the chart units? (he is still #02 with "Shivers" and #03 with "Bad Habits").

Elton John and Dua Lipa remain #01 but "Shiver" is getting closer every 6 hours. If "Shivers" continues getting ground will be #01 in UK iTunes in about 24h/36h (they probably discounted the song to get it to #01 on the Song Sales Charts too).

ABBA "Don't Shut Me Down" is #06.

Drake songs remain all outside UK iTunes TOP 40 ("Way 2 Sexy" is #46, "Girls Want Girls" is #77 and "Fair Trade" is #86.

https://kworb.net/popuk/

On UK Spotify lastest update Drake domination is also surprisingly loosing steam fast! He still have #02, #05 and #10 (also it seems Drake almost always need to have featurings in order to have hits - all songs have featurings).

By looking at this I would say Ed Sheeran have good chances to keep TOP 2 spots on Official Chart by Friday if numbers do not change much (even with the reduction of streams as it has a huge sales advantage too).

Latest UK Spotify update top 10 (it's a 24 hours chart for 13/09/2021)

#01 "Stay" - Kid Laroy ft. Justin Bieber (444k streams)
    #02 "Girls Want Girls" - Drake ft.Lil Baby (375k streams)
    #03 "Shivers" - Ed Sheeran (370k streams)
    #04 "Bad Habits" - Ed Sheeran (363k streams)
    #05 "Fair Trade" - Drake ft. Travis Scott (324k streams)
    #06 "Obsess With You" - Central Cee (307k streams)
    #07 "Good 4 U" - Olivia Rodrigo (278k streams)
    #08 "Heat Waves" - Glass Animal (273k streams)
    #09 "Industry Baby" - Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow (266k streams)
    #10 "Way 2 Sexy" - Drake ft.Future & Young Thug (256k streams)

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Sorry Trebor! Back to UK Charts

ABBA were still TOP 40 with both songs in UK Midweeks but they seem to be free-falling.
      I heard rumours about dance remixes of the songs being released soon. Is it true?
      Do you think that with remixes they have a chance to return to TOP 10? (supposing there will also be a vinyl and CD release of the single with remixes).
      Their chart positions last week were down to a combination of very good paid for sales and decent streams. If there are remixes being released soon they will probably only sell to the fans who bought the tracks last week but unless streams can stabilise the tracks themselves will continue to fall down the chart.

Comment

• If it wasn't for the track being on ACR, 'Bad Habits' would probably be at #1 on today's update.

Comment

• New update posted (on previous page). Steps now have signed vinyl available to try and close the gap further.
          Last edited by Blondini; Wed September 15, 2021, 00:07.

Comment

• Abba are at numbers 24 (DSMD) and 40 (ISHFIY) today.

Comment

• Come on Steps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                New update posted (on previous page). Steps now have signed vinyl available to try and close the gap further.
                If they have 1500 signed vinyl records they may get the #01... else it will be hard.

Comment

If they have 1500 signed vinyl records they may get the #01... else it will be hard.
                  Steps will need more than 1,500 signed vinyls - they are well ahead on CDs and downloads, slightly ahead on streams but way behind on vinyl sales which is what is keeping the MSPs ahead at number 1.

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                    Source: Music Week
                    Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Tuesday)

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (39.3k) *
                    2 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (22.9k)
                    3 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls (22.7k)
                    4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (20.0k)
                    5 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out (17.8k)

6-10
                    6 Central Cee - Obsessed With You *
                    9 Glass Animals - Heat Waves

11-20
                    11 Drake feat. Young Thug & Future - Way 2 Sexy *
                    12 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
                    13 Dave feat. Stormzy - Clash
                    14 Rain Radio & DJ Craig Gorman - Talk About
                    15 Doja Cat - Woman
                    16 Digga D feat. ArrDee - Wasted
                    17 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours

21-30
                    21 Jonasu - Black Magic
                    23 Mimi Webb - 24/5 *
                    24 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
                    25 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                    28 Digga D - 2k17 *
                    29 Dave - Verdansk ^

31-40
                    31 Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love
                    32 Marshmello & Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me
                    33 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                    35 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                    37 Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix - Heartbreak Anthem
                    38 The Anxiety, Willow & Tyler Cole - Meet Me at Our Spot *
                    40 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Manic Street Preachers - The Ultra Vivid Lament (21.6k) *
                    2 Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 (20.1k) *
                    3 The Stranglers - Dark Matters (11.0k) *
                    4 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (10.4k)
                    5 The Vaccines - Back In Love City (8.1k) *

6-10
                    6 Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album) ^
                    8 Kacey Musgraves - Star-Crossed *

11-20
                    12 Saint Etienne - I've Been Trying To Tell You *
                    15 Amyl and the Sniffers - Comfort To Me *
                    16 Marillion - Fugazi ^
                    17 Low - Hey What *
                    19 Death Of Guitar Pop - Pukka Sounds *
                    20 Steve Hackett - Surrender Of Silence *

21-30
                    28 Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams ^
                    30 Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space ^

31-40
                    31 Hawkwind - Somnia *
                    35 Jean-Michel Jarre - Welcome To The Other Side: Live In Notre-Dame VR *
                    Last edited by Blondini; Wed September 15, 2021, 18:56.

Comment

• ^ i presume the Death Of Guitar Pop album has late inclusion of physicals. It was top 20 on iTunes last Friday. They are a ska band.

Comment

• Elton John and Dua Lipa are holding on strong at #04 ! WOW!

Drake gained a bit of advange yesterday. Is going to be a close call for #02 / #03 placement (both lost streams yesterday on Spotify)
                        Ed Sheeran probably also lost sales as he was down on sales on iTunes until 2.3 hours ago (when it got green again, meaning sales increased once again)

https://kworb.net/popuk/full.html

On Albums the Charts it will also be a close call but it seems Steps will end up at #02:
                        On iTunes Steps are still #01 but Manic Street Preacher climbed from #06 to #04.

https://kworb.net/charts/aitunes/uk.html
                        Last edited by MadNuno; Wed September 15, 2021, 20:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                          ^ i presume the Death Of Guitar Pop album has late inclusion of physicals. It was top 20 on iTunes last Friday. They are a ska band.
                          It has to be that as the album was at number 184 in yesterday's midweeks! The album did have some CD and vinyl sales included yesterday but presumably more (many more in fact) must have been added in.

Comment

• it is so shame that Elton/Dua collabo is best selling single in UK and still only #4 officially
                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                              it is so shame that Elton/Dua collabo is best selling single in UK and still only #4 officially
                              Which is exactly why streaming figures shouldn’t be included.

Comment

• Apparently the gap between the Manic Street Preachers and Steps albums is down to 300 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                  Apparently the gap between the Manic Street Preachers and Steps albums is down to 300 today.
                                  WOW! So this week it's a real chart battle!

Comment

WOW! So this week it's a real chart battle!
                                    MSP did a last minute ‘bundle offer’ on their website yesterday. CD/T Shirt, download and signed Polaroid pic for 20. These had sold out by the 4pm cut off time. Let’s hope that gets them the Number 1 they deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by 97mde View Post

MSP did a last minute ‘bundle offer’ on their website yesterday. CD/T Shirt, download and signed Polaroid pic for 20. These had sold out by the 4pm cut off time. Let’s hope that gets them the Number 1 they deserve.
                                      Apparently MSP ended at #01 being 2.000 chart sales ahead. I'm sure that the bundle did the trick.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34059/

Ed Sheeran was #01 with Shivers selling 9.000 CD-singles! That's very much!
                                      Drake finished claiming the #02 spot with "Girls Want Girls" pushing Ed Sheeran "Bad Habits" to #03.

Elton John and Dua Lipa were able to be #04 so another TOP 5 Hit for both fo them.

Drake "Way 2 Sexy" is a new entry at #11 (hopefully won't become another fake TOP 10 hit for Drake).

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...hivers__34060/

On Single Sales Chart Ed Sheeran "Shivers" ended up being also #01 and Elton John and Dua Lipa were #02.
                                      Drake didn't even peaked TOP 40 with his #02 official single hit "Girls Want Girls" that this week falls from #42 (its peak on Single Sales Chart) to #72.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...s-sales-chart/

Comment

• Official First Look Chart Update
                                        Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
                                        2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
                                        3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
                                        4 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby
                                        5 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
                                        6 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls
                                        7 Central Cee - Obsessed With You
                                        8 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
                                        9 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
                                        10 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want *

11 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
                                        12 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
                                        13 Drake feat. Travis Scott - Fair Trade
                                        14 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
                                        15 Doja Cat - Woman
                                        16 CKay - Love Mwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
                                        17 Dave feat. Stormzy - Clash
                                        18 Drake feat. Future & Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy
                                        19 Digga D & ArrDee - Wasted
                                        20 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
                                        Last edited by Blondini; Sun September 19, 2021, 20:01.

Comment

• There seems to be a lot of love for the Elton John and Dua Lipa track but I just find it dull.

It looks likely that Ed Sheeran will have three top 10 hits in the next week or two, even before the album is released. 'Visiting hours' so far hasn't really done all that much on the chart with only one week inside the top 10 followed by a quick fall. For now it's climbing again.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ontero__34068/

20 September 2021
                                            Lil Nas X on course for Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with debut album Montero

Bob Dylan, Genesis and Tion Wayne are other big new entries this week.
                                            By Jack White
                                            Lil Nas X is in pole position for Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart as his debut album Montero leads the midweek Official Chart Update.

The US rapper’s first full-length album was the most downloaded and streamed album of the past weekend. The collection, which follows his 2019 EP 7 features the Number 1 single Montero (Call Me By Your Name) and Top 5 hit Industry Baby.

But with less than 2,500 chart sales separating the Top 5, the Number 1 result is far from a foregone conclusion.
                                            MORE: The UK's Official Top 40 biggest albums of 2021 so far

Less than 400 sales behind at Number 2 is Bob Dylan with Springtime in New York – Bootleg 16 [The Bootleg Series Vol. 16 (1980-1985)]. The collection is leading on physical sales, and is on track to be the legendary performer’s 41st Top 10 album.

Drake holds firm at Number 3 with former chart topper Certified Lover Boy, while iconic rock group Genesis start out at Number 4 with hits collection The Last Domino, on the cusp of becoming their first Top 10 album in seven years. Rounding out the Top 5 is rising British rapper Tion Wayne with his debut album Green With Envy.

Canadian metal band Spiritbox could also score a Top 10 entry with their debut album Eternal Blue (8), former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham is pacing towards the Top 10 with his new self-titled album (10), and Birmingham drill rapper M1llionz is just outside the top flight with his debut mixtape Provisional License (11).
                                            MORE: The Official Top 40 best-selling vinyl releases of 2021 so far

Further down, K-pop boyband NCT 127 are in line for their first UK Top 40 album with their third Korean-language album Sticker at 19; a 30th anniversary reissue of Scottish rock band Primal Scream’s Mercury Prize-winning album Screamadelica lands at 22 midweek; Liverpudlian metal band Carcass could secure their first UK Top 40 album with Torn Arteries at 24; a 25th anniversary edition of Cuban group Buena Vista Social Club’s self-titled album is currently at 27.

Australian musician Jordan Rakei’s fourth album What We Call Life could well become his commercial breakthrough at Number 28, Irish alt-folk singer James Vincent McMorrow is on course for his second Top 40 album with Grapefruit Season at 31, and finally, Anne-Marie’s second album Therapy may return to the Top 40 at 34 following her performance on Saturday’s Strictly Come Dancing.
                                            See the full Official Albums Chart Update Top 100 (from 5:45pm)

View this week's Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update (from 5:45pm)

---------------------------------------

[EDIT by your host]
                                            Last edited by Blondini; Mon September 20, 2021, 18:01.

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                                              Source: OCC
                                              Missing Data: Apple Music and Spotify (for Sunday) and YouTube (for Saturday and Sunday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (19.3k)
                                              2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (14.0k)
                                              3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (12.3k)
                                              4 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (11.7k)
                                              5 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out (10.5k)

6-10
                                              9 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
                                              10 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want *

11-20
                                              12 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
                                              14 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
                                              18 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
                                              20 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

21-30
                                              22 Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version) *
                                              23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                                              25 Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U
                                              26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                                              27 Sleepy Hallow - 2055
                                              28 Tion Wayne & ArrDee - Wid It
                                              30 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive

31-40
                                              31 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                                              33 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot
                                              34 Marshmello & Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me
                                              35 Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) ^
                                              36 Bring Me The Horizon - Die4u *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Lil Nas X - Montero (4.8k) *
                                              2 Bob Dylan - Springtime In New York: The Bootleg Series Vol. 16 (1980-1985) (4.4k) *
                                              3 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (4.0k)
                                              4 Genesis - The Last Domino? (The Hits) (3.6k) *
                                              5 Tion Wayne - Green With Envy (2.4k) *

6-10
                                              8 Spiritbox - Eternal Blue *
                                              9 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
                                              10 Lindsey Buckingham - Lindsey Buckingham *

11-20
                                              11 M1llionz - Provisional Licence *
                                              19 NCT 127 - Sticker *

21-30
                                              22 Primal Scream - Screamadelica ^
                                              24 Carcass - Torn Arteries *
                                              27 Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club *
                                              28 Jordan Rakei - What We Call Life *
                                              29 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

31-40
                                              31 James Vincent McMorrow - Grapefruit Season *
                                              32 Tom Grennan - Evering Road
                                              34 Anne-Marie - Therapy ^
                                              35 Rag'n'Bone Man - Life By Misadventure ^
                                              37 Bob Marley and The Wailers - Legend ^

Click on the above relevant links.
                                              Last edited by Blondini; Mon September 20, 2021, 18:56.

Comment

• That Buena Vista Social Club album credit is slightly confusing. OCC database lists it as by Ry Cooder. But the album is generally credited to Buena Vista Social Club - the collective Cooder brought together. https://www.officialcharts.com/searc...buena%20vista/

So it will now chart as a new album. The "Cooder album" charted in July 97 yet the Wikipedia entry states the BVSC album didn't come out til September. Discogs lists the UK release as 23rd June, though. https://www.discogs.com/Buena-Vista-...release/401858

Comment

• So looks like Bad Habits may really be no.1 again (without ACR)....

Comment

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post
                                                    So looks like Bad Habits may really be no.1 again (without ACR)....
                                                    I believe it's unlikely - not sure what new releases are coming Friday.

It's still at #03 on iTunes and #04 on Spotify for the past 24 hours.

"Shivers" was #02 on both Itunes and Spotiify.

"Industry Baby" is just #36 on sales and #03 on Spotify ("What I Want It" was #24 on iTunes and #09 on Spotify).

Elton John and Dua Lipa remain strong at #01 on iTunes and are strong at #16 on Spotify (they may climb until Friday).

Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber are still strong at #01 on Spotify but not even TOP 100 on UK iTunes

Taylor Swift "Wildest Dreams (Taylor Version)" is falling fast on UK iTunes as is #16 now (it was TOP 5 during the weekend until about 30 hours ago and have been falling about a place every 3 hours since) and is now #28 on Spotify (up from #35 yesterday but with less 15k streams today). The song original version peaked at #40 back in 2015 and I'm not sure if she will be able to do better as it looks like it may fall a lot until Friday as there are still 4 full days of streams and sales to track.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X