Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Boo looks like Underneath The Tree might not reach a new peak this year after all.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...e-year__34738/

19 December 2021
    Christmas Number 1 2021: LadBaby’s Sausage Rolls For Everyone featuring Ed Sheeran and Elton John takes early lead in the biggest chart race of the year

With five days to go, it’s still all to play for as Wham!, Mariah Carey and expletive-fuelled anti-Boris Johnson track make strong Top 5 start.
    By George Griffiths
    After the first 48 hours in the 2021 Christmas Number 1 race (#XmasNo1), LadBaby take an early lead and could be on course to make Official Charts history this Friday.

Currently ahead of the competition in the battle for the most coveted Number 1 of the year, LadBaby could gain their fourth consecutive Christmas Number 1 with Sausage Rolls For Everyone, featuring Ed Sheeran and Elton John – a sausage roll-themed rework of Ed & Elton’s own new festive track Merry Christmas, in aid of The Trussell Trust food banks.

Sausage Rolls For Everyone is currently the most downloaded track of the week, but in the biggest chart race of the year, there can be no complacency! If YouTuber family Mark and Roxanne Hoyle do manage the historic feat, they would be the first act ever to achieve four consecutive Christmas Number 1s. They currently tie with The Beatles and Spice Girls with three apiece. However, victory is by no means assured for LadBaby and with five days left in the race, it’s still all to play for.

Ed Sheeran and Elton John are LadBaby’s closest competitors after the first 48 hours with the original version of Merry Christmas currently at Number 2. In the hopes for a modern Christmas standard of their own, could Ed and Elton overtake LadBaby and retain their place at the top? If they did, it would be the third consecutive week at Number 1 for Merry Christmas, as well as Ed’s second and Elton’s first ever Christmas Number 1 single.

It would be unfair to discount some proper festive classics for battling for the Christmas Number 1 crown this Friday too. Currently, Wham! have the most-streamed track of the week so far with Last Christmas. Could George and Andrew reach Number 1 for the second time this year perhaps?

MORE: Every UK Christmas Number 1

Not far behind them is Mariah Carey with All I Want For Christmas Is You, her yuletide classic reached Number 1 for the first time ever last year. With streaming figures now more important than ever to chart placements, don’t count them out.

At Number 5 midweek, the second-most downloaded track of the week so far is punk band The K**ts with the controversial Boris Johnson Is Still A F**king C**t – a follow on from their 2020 campaign which finished in the Top 5 last year. It’s a strong start, but the band will need to keep up the momentum to hold on to their current placing against the streaming might of other tracks.

George Ezra’s Come On Home For Christmas is also looking to burst into the Top 10 for the first time this week, rising nine to Number 6, while other Amazon Music exclusives are also on the rise. Olivia Dean’s The Christmas Song could ascend 21 places to a new peak of Number 17. Camila Cabello could gain this week’s highest climber, with I’ll Be Home For Christmas is tracking to vault an impressive 24 spots to Number 19.

MORE: The UK's favourite Christmas Number 1 of all time revealed

Outside the Top 10, Christmas songs are on the rise in anticipation of the big day next week. Andy Williams could reach a re-peak with his classic It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year currently at Number 17.

Elsewhere, Kelly Clarkson and Ariana Grande are eyeing the Top 40 for the first time - a new peak for Santa Can’t You Hear Me could be on the cards (27).

Puerto Rican singer-songwriter Jose Feliciano is also tracking to reach a new personal best on the Official Singles Chart with his 41-year old bilingual festive single Feliz Navidad. It’s currently at Number 35.

And finally, it’s a British Christmas tradition to have charity singles enter the race for the Christmas Number 1, and this year is no exception. Debuting inside the Top 40 and hoping to go higher, the Have A Word Podcast are tracking to enter the Official Singles Chart at Number 39 with their charity single Laura’s Gone, featuring Finlay K.

The cut-off for sales and streams to count in the Christmas Number 1 race 2021 is 23.59pm Thursday 23 December, so get behind your favourite before then.

The 2021 Official Christmas Number 1 winner will be announced on Friday, December 24 on BBC Radio 1's Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm. The full Top 100 Official Christmas Singles Chart and Albums Chart will be published on OfficialCharts.com from 5.45pm.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official First Look Chart Update
    Source: OCC

1 LadBaby feat. Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Sausage Rolls For Everyone *
    2 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas
    3 Wham! - Last Christmas
    4 Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You
    5 The Kunts - Boris Johnson Is Still A F*cking C**t *
    6 George Ezra - Come On Home for Christmas
    7 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York
    8 Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone
    9 Gayle - ABCDEFU
    10 Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

11 Michael Bublé - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
    12 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
    13 Elton John - Step Into Christmas
    14 Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas
    15 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
    16 Andy Williams - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
    17 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song
    18 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
    19 Camila Cabello - I'll Be Home for Christmas *
    20 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    ^ So it's #5 and they used the excuse of it being rude so they can't mention it - at all.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    They skipped ABCDEFU! Even though they're playlisting the "(nicer)" edit. This might be a sign that they're doing the same with The Kunts despite it having an All Sausage No Boris edit which can't be said to be political OR offensive.
    Last edited by Blondini; Sun December 19, 2021, 18:39.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    #3 for The Kunts is still a possibility, especially if real life events take a turn like last year.
    Next year, there might be a Keir Starmer song!

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Despite Ladbaby charity song being just at #123 on Spotify from yesterday numbers there is little doubts it will be #01 on UK Official Charts this week.

It's #01 on iTunes by large having almost 10 times bigger sales than the #02 song that is "Merry Christmas".
    The #03 song on iTunes is "Boris Johnson is a F*cking C*nt" by The Kunts 33 times less than the #01 song! All other songs on iTunes are selling even less.

On Spotify the #01 and #02 songs are "Last Christmas" (9 times more streams than Ladbaby) and "All I Want For Christmas" (8 times more streams than Ladbaby) but on iTunes sales these songs are having 100 times less sales and 60 times less sales respectivaly.

UK Spotify TOP 10 songs are all old Christmas songs. The first christmas song from this year on Spotify chart from the past 24 hours is "Merry Christmas" at #14. It's also the only 2021 song on Spotify TOP 20 besides Adele "Easy On Me" at #20.

Thank god I live in Portugal where there are only 2 Christmas songs inside the Spotify TOP 20 ("All I Want For Christmas Is You" at #07 and "Last Christmas" at #17 ("Merry Christmas" here is #159 while "Cold Heart" is #22 and "Bad Habits" is #23 - Adele "Easy On Me" is at #09 while Farruko "Pepas" and Lil Nas X "Industry Baby" hold TOP 2 placements).

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Adele's sales are slightly down from this time last week while Ed and Abba are slightly up.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wednesday Top 40 Update
    Source: Music Week
    Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas (42,099)
    2 Wham! - Last Christmas (30,393)
    3 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You (29,667)
    4 Adele - Easy On Me (29,188)
    5 Gayle - ABCDEFU (24,231)

6-10
    8 Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
    10 George Ezra - Come On Home For Christmas

11-20
    11 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
    12 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
    14 Elton John - Step Into Christmas
    15 Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
    16 Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree
    17 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
    18 Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas

21-30
    21 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
    24 Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
    25 Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
    26 Leona Lewis - One More Sleep
    27 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
    29 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
    30 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song

31-40
    32 The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
    33 John & Yoko & The Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
    34 D-Block Europe feat. AJ Tracey - Make You Smile *
    35 Camila Cabello - I'll Be Home For Christmas *
    38 Michael Bublé - Holly Jolly Christmas ^
    40 Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Adele - 30 (47,421) [40,975 physicals]
    2 Ed Sheeran - = (24,703)
    3 ABBA - Voyage (19,151)
    4 Paul Weller with Jules Buckley & The BBC Symphony Orchestra - An Orchestrated Songbook (13,559) *
    5 Michael Bublé - Christmas (9,698)

6-10
    7 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions
    9 Rod Stewart - The Tears Of Hercules
    10 Juice Wrld - Fighting Demons *

11-20
    12 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres
    13 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Barn *
    15 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour
    18 Oasis - Knebworth 1996 (live)

21-30
    22 Doja Cat - Planet Her
    24 Rag'n'Bone Man - Life By Misadventure ^
    25 James Blunt - The Stars Beneath My Feet (2004-2021)
    28 Arctic Monkeys - AM
    29 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

31-40
    31 Green Day - BBC Sessions *
    34 Gregory Porter - Still Rising - The Collection ^
    38 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together At Christmas ^

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post
    So looks like Ed and Elton are really no.3 again (without ACR) - unless the no.6 (and 7) is v. close to Gayle's total (adjusted)
    It looks like Ed and Ellton with be #01 again not only in Official Single Charts but also in both Single Sales and Digital Single Sales as they are outselling the #02 iTunes song by 4 times (that would be Ed Sheeran "Overpass Grafitti").

The only other Christmas song on iTunes TOP 10 is Mariah Carey at #07 selling almost 6 times less than Ed and Elton Song.

https://kworb.net/popuk/

On Spotify Streams "Merry Christmas" was #19 yesterday and had just 225k streams while #01 was Wham! "Last Christmas" with 452k streams in UK. It looks like that all Christmas songs classics that are part of the most played Spotify playlists are ahead and that Ed and Elton song is the most streamed new Christmas song (and one that is not part of many of those playlists as well). Probably Ed and Elton song is the most played willing Christmas song (as most of the other songs plays are much probably coming from playlists and not user choosen).
    Last edited by MadNuno; Tue December 14, 2021, 20:49.

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    So looks like Ed and Elton are really no.3 again (without ACR) - unless the no.6 (and 7) is v. close to Gayle's total (adjusted)

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by aaron19 View Post
    No Alicia Keys???? Not in the top 100?
    it's digital only and she's not big on streams.

Leave a comment:

• aaron19
    replied
    No Alicia Keys???? Not in the top 100?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied

Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
    Source: OCC
    Missing Data: unknown

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas (26,107)
    2 Wham! - Last Christmas (18,852)
    3 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You (18,411)
    4 Adele - Easy On Me (16,722)
    5 Gayle - ABCDEFU (13,329)

6-10
    8 Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
    10 George Ezra - Come On Home For Christmas

11-20
    11 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
    12 Elton John - Step Into Christmas
    13 Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree
    14 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
    15 Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
    17 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
    18 Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas
    19 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

21-30
    22 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song
    25 Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
    26 Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
    27 Leona Lewis - One More Sleep
    29 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
    30 Camila Cabello - I'll Be Home For Christmas *

31-40
    32 John & Yoko & The Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
    33 The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
    35 Michael Bublé - Holly Jolly Christmas ^
    37 Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! ^
    38 Jose Feliciano - Feliz Navidad ^
    40 Justin Bieber - Mistletoe ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Adele - 30 (21,465)
    2 Ed Sheeran - = (11,553)
    3 Paul Weller with Jules Buckley & The BBC Symphony Orchestra - An Orchestrated Songbook (9,295) *
    4 ABBA - Voyage (7,756)
    5 Michael Bublé - Christmas (5,674)

6-10
    7 Juice Wrld - Fighting Demons (3,847) *
    8 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions
    9 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Barn (3,044) *

11-20
    14 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour
    15 Doja Cat - Planet Her
    18 Oasis - Knebworth 1996 (live)
    19 Green Day - BBC Sessions *

21-30
    25 Rag'n'Bone Man - Life By Misadventure ^
    28 Arctic Monkeys - AM
    29 King Krule - You Heat Me Up, You Cool Me Down *

31-40
    35 Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years: Don't Stop
    39 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together At Christmas ^

Click on the above relevant links.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34660/

13 December 2021
    Adele’s 30 surging towards fourth week at Number 1 on Official Albums Chart

Paul Weller also heading for highest new entry of the week with An Orchestrated Songbook
    By George Griffiths
    Adele is surging towards her fourth consecutive week at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with 30.

With nearly double the chart sales of its closest competitor - Ed Sheeran’s Equals - in our midweek update, 30’s month-long stint at Number 1 will be the longest any album has spent consecutively atop the Official Albums Chart in the UK in 2021. The album with the most total weeks at Number 1 so far this year is Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour, which has logged a total of five non-consecutive weeks at the top.

This week’s highest new entry on the chart could come courtesy of Paul Weller, with An Orchestrated Songbook. Currently tracking to debut at Number 3, it would be the veteran rock star’s 22nd UK Top 10 album. Earlier this year, Weller gained his sixth UK Number 1 album with Fat Pop.

Late rapper Juice Wrld could debut at Number 7 with posthumous album Fighting Demons, for his second UK Top 10 collection. Another Top 10 entry this week could come from Neil Young & Crazy Horse, whose album Barn is currently on course for a Number 9 debut.
    MORE: Every UK Number 1 album

Outside the Top 10, Doja Cat’s former Top 3 collection Planet Her could jump 13 places up to Number 15 following its (deluxe) physical release, while punk-rock icons Green Day are eyeing a new entry at Number 19 with their live BBC Sessions LP.

This week’s biggest climber could belong to Rag’N’Bone Man, whose second album Life By Misadventure could rise up 42 spots to Number 25, thanks to a limited-edition vinyl run following his appearance on Graham Norton last week.

Finally, English singer-songwriter and rapper King Krule could gain his third UK Top 40 album with You Heat Me Up, You Cool Me Down heading for a Number 29 debut.

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
    View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update

--------------------------------------------------

correctional edit by moi

Leave a comment:

• Charter2000
    replied
    Originally posted by huhu78 View Post

I did not try Adele's album but I still can shuffle every playlist, every album etc I tried yet.
    You can shuffle everything, what was changed is that the standard function of the green playbutton it not shuffle anymore for albums.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    God I hate the charts at Christmas

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    16/20 are Christmas themed tracks. Wham! seems to be replacing Mariah Carey as the top Christmas oldie these days.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official First Look Chart Update
    Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas
    2 Wham! - Last Christmas
    3 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
    4 Adele - Easy On Me
    5 Gayle - ABCDEFU
    6 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York
    7 Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone
    8 George Ezra - Come On Home For Christmas
    9 Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
    10 Michael Bublé - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

11 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
    12 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
    13 Elton John - Step Into Christmas
    14 Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree
    15 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)
    16 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
    17 Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
    18 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song
    19 Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas
    20 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

Leave a comment:

• huhu78
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Nope, Spotify removed that option. Thank Adele.
    I did not try Adele's album but I still can shuffle every playlist, every album etc I tried yet.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Artoo, It's working for me. Sometimes the shuffle option appears on the green play button. Sometimes it does not. If the latter, choose any track to play then click on the track (at the bottom of the screen). The shuffle button should then appear on the next screen.

Spotify Mobile / Android has some highly annoying quirks, one of them is the appearance or non-appearance of the shuffle button. Sometimes it's there on the main playlist page, sometimes it's not.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied

that was only for Adele's 30

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    The shuffle feature was turned off for artist albums. However it is still there for playlists.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    The shuffle feature was turned off for artist albums. However it is still there for playlists.
    I still have it on my tablet (and it works)... at least on the artists albums I listen to.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X