UK OCC Charts Midweeks Thread: 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    Other than Coldplay & BTS it's a very static chart.
    It is static but we may have a surprise by the end of the week...

Looking at iTunes and Spotify looks like "My Universe" may end up being outside the TOP 3 at the end of the week.

They may have many different versions/entries for the song on iTunes chart in UK but they all are falling fast (they are at #03 / #06 / #20 now) and they are still only at #23 in UK Spotify. They were #01 on Friday in UK iTunes daily Chart (and also #06 and #10 with other versions).

Ed Sheeran "Shivers" is loosing steam on both sales and streams but it's still #01 on iTunes UK and #02 in UK Spotify. Ed Sheeran "Bad Habits" remains #03 on Spotify and #04 on iTunes (and have been increasing sales the last 2 days).

Elton John and Dua Lipa increased sales on iTunes and remain #02. They are also rising on Spotify UK being #07. Will they end the week at #01 at the end of the week? They will need more stream to get there but isn't off the table.

On Spotify UK Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber remain at #01 (#17 in UK iTunes) while Lil Nas X "Industry Baby" is also #04 for quite a few consecutive days (but the song is only #65 in UK iTunes now).

Whitney Houston & Clean Bandit - "How Will I Know" were #02 on Friday UK iTunes Daily Chart but quickly felt to #11 now (the song is not in Spotify UK Daily TOP 200).

Unexplicably Drake still have 12 songs among TOP 200 on Spotify UK. Who listens to that? His new album is pretty much average at best but it seems he does have many fans willing to stream him (but not to buy him - I live in Portugal where he only have 4 songs on Spotify TOP 200 now and none of them is even TOP 20 so this really surprises me to see him getting so much stream in UK).

"Girls Want The Girls" is the only that is on TOP 10 (at #07 now).
    Both "Fair Trade" (#12) and "Way 2 Sexy"(#18) are still TOP 20 on Spotify UK. His only track on iTunes UK is "Way 2 Sexy" at #76 now.

EDIT:
    I mistakenly put some Australia Spotify chart placements at first (corrected now)
    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun September 26, 2021, 19:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post

Lil Nas X sold 1,063 (and places at 20 on the sales chart) compared with 134 for Drake. No.1 actual seller was Bob Dylan with around 5,965 (depending on how many streams he had; not in top 100 streaming chart)
      Thanks!

Wow! That's quite low sales for this week chart! Iron Maiden would have easily been #01 this week for sure. Drake being #01 on Official and only #134 on TOP Album Sales is embarassing and showing how fake his sales really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Thanks!

Wow! That's quite low sales for this week chart! Iron Maiden would have easily been #01 this week for sure. Drake being #01 on Official and only #134 on TOP Album Sales is embarassing and showing how fake his sales really are.
        To clarify I meant 134 sales for Drake not position on sales chart. According to the sales chart Iron Maiden actually climbed back up to 3 this week. If Iron Maiden had released last week or this week they would've been no.1 overall, but unfortunately they released the same week as a streaming juggernaut.

Also with regards to Bob Dylan at no.1 in the sales chart it was 5,287 sales. There was a typo in James' report where we repeated the sales for the 5th album (and of course most if not all of Bob Dylan's sales will be actual rather than streams)
        Last edited by braindeadpj; Sun September 26, 2021, 21:47. Reason: update for Bob Dylan's sales

Comment

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post

To clarify I meant 134 sales for Drake not position on sales chart.
          What? Just 134 pure sales untits? That's much probably even worst that #134 on pure sales chart

Comment

• It’s imperative for the future of British music that The Lathums album is Number 1 this week.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34113/

27 September 2021
              The Lathums' debut album How Beautiful Life Can Be set for Number 1 on Official Albums Chart

The Wigan indie band eye up a Number 1 debut for their first full-length album.
              By Rob Copsey
              The Lathums are set for Number 1 glory on this week’s Official Albums Chart with their new album How Beautiful Life Can Be.

The Wigan indie band’s debut full-length release leads a flurry of new entries on today’s Official Chart Update with a healthy lead of 3,700 chart sales over their nearest rival.

The Lathums’ potential Number 1 is the latest step in the quartet’s rise to fame. Over the past year the band have garnered praise from the likes of Paul Weller, Elton John and Tim Burgess, a Top 20 EP with The Memories We Make, and last November they helped pull their hometown football team Wigan Athletic FC out of administration by raffling off a one-off vinyl.

Meanwhile, London group Public Service Broadcasting could land their highest-charting record yet as their latest collection Bright Magic opens at Number 2.

Australian artist Natalie Imbruglia is eyeing up her first Top 10 album in 14 years with Firebird, currently at Number 4, while alt-rockers Angels & Airwaves could land their first Top 10 in 15 years with Lifeforms at Number 7.

Just outside the Top 10 are Sleep Token’s This Place Will Become Your Tomb (11), and The Clash’s 1977 self-titled debut (12), while the third album from London artist Nao, And Then Life Was Beautiful, is on track for a Top 20 debut (16).
              MORE: Exciting albums still to come in 2021

Rock band Tremonti start at Number 17 with their fifth album Marching In Time, Tom Speight’s Everything’s Waiting For You is at Number 20, and a 40th anniversary reissue of Madness’ Absolutely starts at Number 22.

More new releases that could land in this week’s Top 40 include Joanne Shaw Taylor’s The Blues Album (26), The Pixies’ Trompe Le Monde (28), and Mostack’s High Street Kid 2 (31).

Finally, reissues of Robbie Williams’ first two solo albums, Life Thru A Lens and I’ve Been Expecting You, sit at 35 and 39 respectively.
              This week's Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update in full

Check out the Official Singles Chart Update Top 100

Article image: Ewan Ogden

Comment

• The Clash are another HMV 100 vinyl release https://www.discogs.com/The-Clash-Th...lease/20361199

As is Madness(?) though you can now find it on Amazon!

Robbie seems to be general release vinyls.

Pixies is not new but a 30th AE vinyl.
                Last edited by Blondini; Mon September 27, 2021, 16:12.

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                  Source: OCC
                  Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (23,130)
                  2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (17,390)
                  3 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (16,597) *
                  4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (12,274)
                  5 Central Cee - Obsessed With You (10,688)

6-10
                  8 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)

11-20
                  16 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

21-30
                  26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                  27 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                  28 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot

31-40
                  39 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 The Lathums - How Beautiful Life Can Be (11,128) *
                  2 Public Service Broadcasting - Bright Magic (7,434) *
                  3 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (3,057)
                  4 Natalie Imbruglia - Firebird (3,028) *
                  5 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (2,209)

6-10
                  7 Angels & Airwaves - Lifeforms *
                  9 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)

11-20
                  11 Sleep Token - This Place Will Become Your Tomb *
                  12 The Clash - The Clash ^
                  13 Elton John - Diamonds
                  15 Queen - Greatest Hits
                  16 Nao - And Then Life Was Beautiful *
                  17 Tremonti - Marching In Time *
                  20 Tom Speight - Everything's Waiting For You *

21-30
                  22 Madness - Absolutely ^
                  23 Dolly Parton - The Very Best Of Dolly Parton ^
                  25 Nirvana - Nevermind ^
                  26 Joanne Shaw Taylor - The Blues Album *
                  28 Pixies - Trompe Le Monde ^

31-40
                  31 MoStack - High Street Kid 2 *
                  35 Robbie Williams - Life Thru A Lens ^
                  38 Ed Sheeran - x
                  39 Robbie Williams - I've Been Expecting You ^

Click on the above relevant links.

Last edited by Blondini; Mon September 27, 2021, 17:52.

Comment

• Top 3 are looking ahead to a long hard winter! (Shivers, Cold Heart, Coldplay)

Comment

• An extended version of The Lathums' album was released digitally today - both versions top 2 on iTunes.

Comment

• Looks like Bad Habits may not really be no.1 this week (without ACR), so Shivers may get its first true week at no.1...Too early to know for sure, but I would say that that's the way it is currently looking.

Comment

• I believe a further batch of CDs for 'Shivers' have been made available which, if correct, will account for its increased sales so far this week compared to last Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                            An extended version of The Lathums' album was released digitally today - both versions top 2 on iTunes.
                            And rightly so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                              I believe a further batch of CDs for 'Shivers' have been made available which, if correct, will account for its increased sales so far this week compared to last Monday.
                              ugh, no chances for Elton then.
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• I am happy to see Natalie in the Top5, I wonder if she can score a Top5 by week-end.

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

ugh, no chances for Elton then.
                                  and more versions of My Universe were released - there's an army of them in true BTS fashion.

Comment

and more versions of My Universe were released - there's an army of them in true BTS fashion.

I see them all... #03, #06, #09, #11, #26 on UK iTunes... but all dropping fast also... (unlike in US that despite loosing sales they are at #01, #04, #6, #16, #17 on US iTunes)
                                    But they have little streaming - up to #31 and that's the only version on Spotify TOP 200 UK Daily Chart (Elton and Dua are #08 in UK Spotify and Ed Sheeran "Shivers" finally hits #01 on UK Spotify Daily Chart - so Ed Sheeran is #01 in both iTunes and Spotify now with "Shivers" - no doubts the song will be #01 by far on Friday).

Elton and Dua Lipa will probably end up at #02 as despite Coldplay X BTS multiple versions selling OK their streams are quite lower comparing (250k/300k daily spotify streams for Elton vs 115k/130k daily spotify streams for Coldplay).

On Apple Music UK Ed Sheeran "Shivers" is also #01, Elton and Dua are #04 and Coldplay X BTS are #18.
                                    Last edited by MadNuno; Tue September 28, 2021, 22:42.

Comment

• Coldplay are definitely benefitting from the BTS thing. For some reason, BTS are bigger in the US than the UK.

Comment

Coldplay are definitely benefitting from the BTS thing. For some reason, BTS are bigger in the US than the UK.
                                        BTS are WAY bigger in US than in Europe. UK and Hungary (don't ask me why) are BTS best markets in Europe - UK probably because of US (both countries speak english and share more media influence than the rest of Europe).

In UK BTS were able to have 7 TOP 40 and 3 TOP 10 hits (and 2 of them were even TOP 3 Hits). In France "Butter" is their only TOP 10 Hit (and was not even TOP 5). In Germany "Dynamite" was also a low end TOP 10 (no TOP 5 hits either). In Italy their only TOP 20 Hit was "Dynamite" that peaked at #20 and in Spain they still don't have a TOP 20 Hit (let alone a TOP 10) and only 2 songs were TOP 40 there ("Dynamite" at #38 and "Butter" at #23).

These are European 5 biggest music markets. They are selling well on iTunes on first week and so they already have a few TOP3 songs on Billboard Euro Digital Song Sales (including a #01 with "Dynamite") but like in UK their streamings around Europe are mostly quite low and so they can't chart in most european countries. Also their digital sales show an hard core fan base that buys the songs multiple versions on first week and lack of interest for general public (as the songs fall fast). "Dynamite" and "Butter" were literally playing every hour on those Samsung commercials and it certainly helped the songs. The other songs (like "Life Goes On") that were on commercials that weren't played that much didn't chart so high. So basically in Europe Samsung promoted BTS and not the other way around. Not sure if this also happened in US as Samsung is bigger in US than in Europe too.
                                        Last edited by MadNuno; Wed September 29, 2021, 15:13.

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                          Source: Music Week
                                          Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Tuesday)

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (40.5k)
                                          2 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (30.2k) *
                                          3 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (28.8k)
                                          4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (20.5k)
                                          5 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (19.3k)

6-10

11-20
                                          11 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
                                          15 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
                                          17 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
                                          20 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours

21-30
                                          23 Shouse - Love Tonight * [now reset]
                                          26 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot
                                          28 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                                          29 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days

31-40
                                          32 Mimi Webb - 24/5
                                          35 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                                          39 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 The Lathums - How Beautiful Life Can Be (13.5k) *
                                          2 Public Service Broadcasting - Bright Magic (8.8k) *
                                          3 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (5.7k)
                                          4 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (4.1k)
                                          5 Lil Nas X - Montero (3.9k)

6-10
                                          6 Natalie Imbruglia - Firebird *
                                          7 Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) ^
                                          8 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)

11-20
                                          12 Angels & Airwaves - Lifeforms *
                                          13 Elton John - Diamonds
                                          15 Queen - Greatest Hits
                                          16 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
                                          20 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

21-30
                                          22 Sleep Token - This Place Will Become Your Tomb *
                                          23 Nirvana - Nevermind ^
                                          24 Tom Grennan - Evering Road
                                          25 Tom Speight - Everything's Waiting For You *
                                          26 Tremonti - Marching In Time *
                                          30 Joanne Shaw Taylor - The Blues Album *

31-40
                                          32 Ed Sheeran - x ^
                                          33 The Clash - The Clash ^
                                          37 Nao - And Then Life Was Beautiful *
                                          39 Dolly Parton - The Very Best Of Dolly Parton ^

Comment

• So the new versions released to iTunes did paid off so far.
                                            The streaming gap is increasing as Elton and Dua increased streams while Coldplay X BTS lost some streams.

On iTunes Dua and Elton are stil at #02 but lost a few steam. "My Universe" is still at #03 (but also at #07, #12, #14 and #27) so despite also losing steam are still strong with just 2 days to go so anything can happen but I believe Elton and Dua are probably end up at #02 (unless coldplay and BTS release even more versions).
                                            Last edited by MadNuno; Thu September 30, 2021, 15:24.

Comment

• So BTSxColdplay have now all versions of "My Universe" discounted in UK itunes. Guess they don't have any more versions ready to realease and did that to keep sales up.
                                              Still they keep dropping on sales they are now dropping not so fast.

Ed Sheeran remains #01 on iTunes with "Shivers" and Dua Lipa and Elton John have now 84% of "Shivers" sales with their track at #02.

BTS x Coldplay all versions summed up only give them 77% of what "Shivers" is selling (meaning that all 5 versions sales summed up are still selling less than Dua Lipa and Elton John "Cold Heart" only version on the charts.

On Spotify Streaming "Shivers" is also number #01 having 408k streams from yesterday alone. "Cold Heart" is still at #07 and had 278k streams yesterday while "My Universe" falls to #35 having just 115k streams yesterday.

It's safter to say now that "Cold Heart" will most probably end up at #02 and BTSxColdplay will be #03 (but the difference will be quite small). Just on Spotify yesterday "Cold Heart" was 1.8k chart unit sales ahead (and they also sold more on iTunes and were also having more streaming on Apple Music as well staying at #04 while "My Universe" dropped 2 places to #20).

If the stream numbers for Thursday are estimatives and not real then BTSxColdplay will certainly end up at #03 (which is already amazing for them).

Can anyone confirm if there is a physical release for BTSxColdplay single in UK? That could be a game changer.
                                              Last edited by MadNuno; Thu September 30, 2021, 15:33.

Comment

• ^you didnt combine 2 versions of Cold Heart which would make 93% of what Shivers is selling. My Universe is at 115%... still streams is the thing that will make the bigger difference in totals
                                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• MadNuno there is a UK CD single

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                                    ^you didnt combine 2 versions of Cold Heart which would make 93% of what Shivers is selling. My Universe is at 115%... still streams is the thing that will make the bigger difference in totals
                                                    I combined all the 5 versions. The numbers I put were the ones before this new update. They just went up meanwhile as the chart updated. This means that the discount price is working and tracks are selling more now but I doubt that these few hours selling more again will be enough to stay at #02.

If you look at second colum that was the chart 4 hours ago and sum them up still have my numbers I posted:
                                                    https://kworb.net/popuk/

So a few hours selling less and a few hours selling more that means that sales are probably similar and it all comes down to streaming where "Cold Heart" is doubling the numbers. I just don't know how CD-single sales are but most of them were probably already counting on that last update we had. Was the cd-single released on Friday?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X