Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Okay, provided it i) isn't just another tired mash-up of two Elton oldies with one chorus sung by Ed, and ii) it keeps whatever pastry-based bollocks LadBaby may have up his sleeve off the official Xmas No 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Exactly! As long as 1 artist is featured on over 50% of the tracks it can chart on the main albums chart as it's considered that artist album and not a compilation.
      The Compilation charts is for albums credited to "various artists".
      Then how is it that A Star Is Born only charts on Compilations when Bradley Cooper only has 4 solo songs and Lady Gaga sings in the rest of the songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fame Romance View Post
        Then how is it that A Star Is Born only charts on Compilations when Bradley Cooper only has 4 solo songs and Lady Gaga sings in the rest of the songs?
        What are you talking about? "The Cast" is the one credited in more songs (that means "Various Artists") on none is credited in at least half the songs on the full version:

The Cast - 15
        Lady Gaga - 14 (6 with Bradley Cooper)
        Bradley Cooper - 11 (6 with Lady Gaga)

Plus on the 34 tracks version Lady Gaga is only credited on 14 songs. She needed to have credit on at least 18 songs to be considered her album.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Born-Sou.../dp/B07GWJMW22

On the 19 tracks version:

Lady Gaga - 14 tracks (7 with Bradley Cooper) / 7 as solo artist
        Bradley Cooper - 11 Tracks ( 7 with Lady Gaga) / 4 as solo artist

As both artists are in over 50% of the tracks and this is an OST it's considered "various artists" or "Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - as a group" as more than 1 artist are in over 50% of the tracks. She would need to be on at least 10 songs as a SOLO ARTIST to be considered her album and she is only on 7 tracks (or Bradley Cooper to be in only 9 or less tracks).

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Born-Sou...c%2C267&sr=1-3

Just to compare so you can understand better how this works.

The "EVITA" OST is considered by Madonna as on the full version (US version) she is on 20 songs (from a total 31 songs) and on the single disc version (the UK version) she is in 15 songs (out of 19 tracks) and the following artis to be featured most is Antonio Banderes in 9 songs (Madonna have 6 songs alone as she also have songs with Jonathan Pryce and Jimmy Nail). As Madonna is the only artist on over 50% of the songs it's considered her album. If Antonio Banderas was in 10 tracks instead of just 9 the album would not be considered a Madonna album as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evita_(soundtrack)

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post

It's a Hans Zimmer album. It only has 1 other track by Billie Eilish. As long as the vast majority of an album is by 1 artist it can qualify.
          The rules are actually more convoluted than that. The same artist has to be appear on 100% of the tracks which has led to some albums being placed on the Compilation Albums chart when at one time the album would have been classed as an artis talbum.

From the chart rules (part in bold is the emphasis by the OCC)

3. Compilation Album Chart Includes original soundtracks unless all tracks feature the same artist, cast recordings, multi orchestral recordings, and “1 artist per side” albums (if not new).
          4. A Cast Recording is defined as a recording featuring the voice(s) of an artist or artists performing a role for which they were first cast for the
          purposes of a stage, film or TV production
          5. Artist Album Chart includes single artist compilations, single orchestra recordings and albums that feature the same performing artist on 100%
          of tracks
          6. Where a cast recording is produced and marketed as an artist studio album, a label may request that the cast recording appear in the Official
          Artist Albums Chart. The decision shall strictly subject to Official Charts and/or CSC approval.

My interpretation is the same artist must appear on 100% of all tracks. But it seems like the OCC don't always apply this rule. For 'A Star Is Born' I would have placed that on the main albums chart as regardless of who the singer is on each track it is a film project where each track was recorded solely for the film / soundtrack. Or at least I think this is the case.

Under the above rules to 007 album should be treated as a compilation as one track (the title track) appears to have no involvement by Hans Zimmer.

The Evita OST album charted on the main chart under the previous album rules first drawn up in 1988. It should have been treated as a Various Artists compilation album under those rules and so (again in my opinion) was placed on the wrong chart. It was no different to The Bodyguard album which is largely seen as a Whitney Houston album yet that was relegated to the Compilation Albums chart. I suppose the one difference is that all the songs on the Evita album are sung by the artists in the movie unlike The Bodyguard. Maybe that was the deciding factor back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post

The Evita OST album charted on the main chart under the previous album rules first drawn up in 1988. It should have been treated as a Various Artists compilation album under those rules and so (again in my opinion) was placed on the wrong chart. It was no different to The Bodyguard album which is largely seen as a Whitney Houston album yet that was relegated to the Compilation Albums chart. I suppose the one difference is that all the songs on the Evita album are sung by the artists in the movie unlike The Bodyguard. Maybe that was the deciding factor back then.

If rules did change that must be the reason as the only 4 tracks that do not name Madonna on "Evita" do name "the cast" and Madonna is part of "the cast" meaning Madonna that by those rules Madonna was on all the 19 single disc version of the album (the one released and that charted in UK) meaning she was in 100% of the tracks.

Comment

• There was that soundtrack / companion album for U2's Rattle and Hum film which featured a handful of older classic tracks by other artists but was still classed as a U2 album.

And recently the soundtrack to the Amy documentary was credited to Amy Winehouse even though the film's composer Antonio Pinto had several (short) pieces on it.

In terms of Bond soundtracks they usually have the theme included but the composer is usually involved, just not in this case.

I do recall the (Bram Stoker's) Dracula soundtrack being classed as a compilation because of one Annie Lennox song. Which always seemed unfair to me.
              Last edited by Blondini; Sat October 9, 2021, 13:05.

Comment

• Official First Look Chart Update
                Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
                2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
                3 Jesy Nelson feat. Nicki Minaj - Boyz *
                4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
                5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
                6 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
                7 Central Cee - Obsessed With You
                8 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
                9 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby
                10 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

11 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
                12 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls
                13 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want
                14 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
                15 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
                16 Doja Cat - Woman
                17 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
                18 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
                19 Digga D & ArrDee - Wasted
                20 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-under__34207/

11 October 2021
                  Sam Fender heading for second Number 1 on Official Albums Chart with Seventeen Going Under

The Geordie singer-songwriter is outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined, with other new entries from Trivium and James Blake.
                  By George Griffiths
                  Sam Fender is heading for his second Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with his second record Seventeen Going Under.

The Geordie singer-songwriter currently has a healthy lead of 20,000 chart sales over his nearest rival Drake on today’s Official Chart Update, and is currently outperforming the rest of the Top 10 combined.

Sam’s first album, 2019’s Hypersonic Missiles – which has boosted up to Number 38 midweek - debuted at the top spot following his win of the BRITs Critics Choice Award that same year. View Sam Fender’s Official UK Chart history here.
                  MORE: Official Top 40 biggest albums of 2021 so far

Meanwhile, US heavy metal band Trivium are eyeing up their highest-ever peak on the Official Albums Chart as their tenth album In The Court of the Dragon starts at Number 3 – on track to be their second UK Top 10 album. Electronic artist James Blake could also net a career-best chart peak with Friends That Break Your Heart at Number 5.

Outside the Top 10, Johnny Flynn’s fifth album Lost In Cedar Wood is tracking to debut at Number 11, while in the run-up to her comeback this Friday, Adele’s 25 is so far up 15 places to Number 12, while 21 leaps 23 spots to Number 25.

New York rock band We Are Scientists’ seventh album Huffy looks set for a new entry at Number 15, while The Charlatan’s self-titled album opens at Number 17 thanks to its first vinyl pressing in 20 years. At Number 20, mysterious music collective Sault’s fifth record Rise could re-enter the chart and out-peak its Number 99 debut [following the CD and vinyl release] . Only available for 99 days, the album disappeared from [digital] sale October 2.

Alt-pop duo Oh Wonder could secure a third Top 40 release with 22 Break at Number 22, Wayward Sons’ Even Up The Score eyes a new entry at Number 23, and Justin Bieber’s Justice flies up to Number 24 midweek thanks to a new ‘complete’ version featuring three extra tracks.

Simon & Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits could be heading back to the Top 40 at Number 29, and finally, English rock group T’Pau’s greatest hits collection The Essential [Essential T'Pau] tracks for a Number 32 debut.

This week's Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update in full
                  Check out the Official Singles Chart Update Top 100

Picture credit: Jack Whitefield

host edits
                  Last edited by Blondini; Mon October 11, 2021, 16:07.

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                    Source: OCC
                    Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Sunday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (25.3k)
                    2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (22.2k)
                    3 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (11.8k)
                    4 Jesy Nelson feat. Nicki Minaj - Boyz (11.6k) *
                    5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (11.0k)

6-10

11-20
                    11 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
                    18 Shouse - Love Tonight
                    20 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours

21-30
                    21 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                    23 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                    25 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                    27 Jonasu - Black Magic
                    29 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good *

31-40
                    34 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                    38 Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under (24.5k) *
                    2 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (2.2k)
                    3 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (2.0k - 10 ahead)
                    4 Trivium - In The Court Of The Dragon (2.0k) *
                    5 James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart (1.9k) *

6-10
                    7 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
                    8 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)
                    9 Doja Cat - Planet Her
                    10 Elton John - Diamonds

11-20
                    11 Johnny Flynn & Robert Macfarlane - Lost In The Cedar Wood *
                    12 Adele - 25
                    13 Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years: Don't Stop
                    15 We Are Scientists - Huffy *
                    16 Queen - Greatest Hits
                    17 The Charlatans - The Charlatans ^
                    18 Tom Grennan - Evering Road
                    20 Sault - Nine *

21-30
                    22 Oh Wonder - 22 Break *
                    23 Wayward Sons - Even Up The Score *
                    24 Justin Bieber - Justice ^
                    25 Adele - 21 ^
                    29 Simon & Garfunkel - Greatest Hits ^

31-40
                    31 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
                    32 T'Pau - Essential T'Pau *
                    38 Sam Fender - Hypersonic Missiles ^
                    39 Iron Maiden - Senjutsu

Click on the above relevant links.

Comment

• The Hurting is a new vinyl release - from their old label. I don't know if TFF purposely revealed the new single the day before on purpose or if it's just coincidence.
                      Can't find any info on the Simon & Garfunkel albums - the last vinyl releases for both were at the start of the year.
                      Last edited by Blondini; Mon October 11, 2021, 17:07.

Comment

• I wonder if Adele can score something like this:

#1. 30
                        #2. 25
                        #3. 21
                        #4. 19

when she drops new album. it's pretty likely
                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

The Hurting is a new vinyl release - from their old label. I don't know if TFF purposely revealed the new single the day before on purpose or if it's just coincidence.
                          Can't find any info on the Simon & Garfunkel albums - the last vinyl releases for both were at the start of the year.
                          Oh, i should have realised! The Concert in Central Park was broadcast on BBC 2 on Saturday and both albums are top 3 on ITunes.

Comment

The Hurting is a new vinyl release - from their old label. I don't know if TFF purposely revealed the new single the day before on purpose or if it's just coincidence.
                            Oh, i should have realised! The Concert in Central Park was broadcast on BBC 2 on Saturday and both albums are top 3 on ITunes.

Comment

• Tuesday Top 40 Update
                              Missing Data: Amazon Physical, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Monday)

Singles

1 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (32.5k)
                              2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (29.5k)
                              3 Jesy Nelson feat. Nicki Minaj - Boyz (16.7k) *
                              4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (16.5k)
                              5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (15.1k)

6-10

11-20
                              18 Shouse - Love Tonight

21-30
                              22 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot
                              23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                              24 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                              26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                              28 Sleepy Hallow - 2055
                              29 Jonasu - Black Magic
                              30 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good *

31-40
                              35 ARZ - Alone With You
                              36 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive

Albums

1 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under (31.4k) *
                              2 James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart (3.4k) *
                              3 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (3.0k)
                              4 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (2.8k)
                              5 Doja Cat - Planet Her (2.3k)

6-10
                              7 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)
                              8 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
                              9 Trivium - In the Court Of The Dragon *
                              10 Adele - 25

11-20
                              11 Elton John - Diamonds
                              14 Queen - Greatest Hits
                              15 The Weeknd - The Highlights
                              16 Adele - 21 ^
                              17 Justin Bieber - Justice ^
                              19 Tom Grennan - Evering Road
                              20 Johnny Flynn & Robert Macfarlane - Lost In The Cedar Wood *

21-30
                              21 We Are Scientists - Huffy *
                              22 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
                              24 Simon and Garfunkel - Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits ^
                              25 Don Toliver - Life Of A Don *
                              27 Oasis - Time Flies... 1994-2009
                              28 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
                              29 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent

31-40
                              31 Michael Jackson - Number Ones
                              32 Oh Wonder - 22 Break *
                              33 The Charlatans - The Charlatans ^
                              34 Wayward Sons - Even Up The Score *
                              36 Sault - Nine *
                              38 T'Pau - Essential T'Pau *
                              Last edited by Blondini; Tue October 12, 2021, 17:17.

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                Source: Music Week
                                Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (40,005)
                                2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (37,537)
                                3 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (21,926)
                                4 Jesy Nelson feat. Nicki Minaj - Boyz (20,001) *
                                5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (19,364)

6-10

11-20
                                13 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
                                18 Shouse - Love Tonight

21-30
                                21 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot
                                24 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                                26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                                27 Sleepy Hallow - 2055
                                30 Jonasu - Black Magic

31-40
                                31 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good *
                                35 Arz - Alone With You

Albums

1 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under (34,860) *
                                2 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (3,968)
                                3 James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart (3,711) *
                                4 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (3,643)
                                5 Doja Cat - Planet Her (2,973)

6-10
                                6 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)
                                8 Adele - 25 (2,775)
                                9 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
                                10 Trivium - In The Court Of The Dragon *

11-20
                                11 Elton John - Diamonds
                                14 Queen - Greatest Hits
                                15 The Weeknd - The Highlights
                                16 Adele - 21 (2,112) ^
                                18 Justin Bieber - Justice ^

21-30
                                21 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
                                22 Don Toliver - Life Of A Don *
                                24 We Are Scientists - Huffy *
                                25 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                                26 Simon and Garfunkel - Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits ^
                                27 Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
                                28 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
                                29 Oasis - Time Flies... 1994-2009
                                30 Johnny Flynn & Robert Macfarlane - Lost In The Cedar Wood *

31-40
                                31 Michael Jackson - Number Ones
                                32 Harry Styles - Fine Line
                                35 Oasis - (What's Tthe Story) Morning Glory?
                                37 Oh Wonder - 22 Break *
                                38 Sam Fender - Hypersonic Missiles ^
                                39 The Beatles - 1 ^
                                40 Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water ^

Comment

• OCC telling lies again to try and boost Elton

Saying he broke a record Cliff Richard still holds

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...l+chart+record

Comment

OCC telling lies again to try and boost Elton

Saying he broke a record Cliff Richard still holds

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...l+chart+record

How can they forget about Cliff? Commom!
                                    Last edited by MadNuno; Wed October 13, 2021, 17:41.

Comment

• Jesy could be out top 5 by Friday at this rate!
                                      Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• I have a bad feeling "Shivers" will somehow end up being #1 on Friday.

Comment

• Does anyone knows if today Madonna new live album is on TOP 100 Albums?

I know it's not very likely since it was released only on digital sales and streams and she is an artist that started in the 80's (and in UK the live album isn't doing as well on iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify as in other countries European countries) but looking at so low sales numbers on the album charts inside the TOP 10 my hopes got higher that her album would chart even without a physical release.

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                                            I have a bad feeling "Shivers" will somehow end up being #1 on Friday.
                                            Shivers is having more streaming... but is quite behind on sales.
                                            Let's not forget that even having less streaming "Cold Heart" have various version on both sales and streams (with insignificant streams but enough).

I streamed "Cold Heart" today 40 times (all different versions in total) with UK VPN on so that it would count for UK Charts... I'm tired of Ed Sheeran dominating the charts - he will return to #01 almost for certain the week his album is out.

Next week Adele is #01 almost for sure and I doubt "Cold Heart" can be #01 on the week Elton John album is out (not impossible but unlikely).
                                            Last edited by MadNuno; Wed October 13, 2021, 21:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

How can they forget about Cliff? Commom!
                                              Maybe they count CR & The Drifters/Shadows as a different artist - who knows?
                                              The Singles-Chart-History with lots of artists and information:

www.chart-history.net

Comment

• Thursday Top 40 Update
                                                Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Wednesday)

Singles

1 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (49.1k)
                                                2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (45.5k)
                                                3 Jesy Nelson feat. Nicki Minaj - Boyz (27.7k) *
                                                4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (27.1k)
                                                5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (23.6k)

6-10

11-20
                                                13 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
                                                18 Shouse - Love Tonight
                                                20 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot

21-30
                                                26 Sleepy Hallow - 2055
                                                27 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)

31-40
                                                32 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good *
                                                35 Arz - Alone With You

Albums

1 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under (38.9k) *
                                                2 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (4.9k)
                                                3 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (4.5k)
                                                4 James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart (4.4k) *
                                                5 Doja Cat - Planet Her (3.7k)

6-10
                                                7 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)
                                                8 Adele - 25
                                                9 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
                                                10 Elton John - Diamonds

11-20
                                                12 Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years: Don't Stop
                                                13 Trivium - In The Court Of The Dragon *
                                                14 Adele - 21 ^
                                                15 Queen - Greatest Hits
                                                16 The Weeknd - The Highlights
                                                18 Justin Bieber - Justice ^

21-30
                                                21 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
                                                22 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                                                23 Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
                                                25 Oasis - Time Flies... 1994-2009
                                                26 Don Toliver - Life Of A Don *
                                                27 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
                                                28 We Are Scientists - Huffy *
                                                29 Michael Jackson - Number Ones
                                                30 Simon and Garfunkel - Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits ^

31-40
                                                32 Harry Styles - Fine Line
                                                33 Pop Smoke - Shoot For The Stars, Aim For The Moon
                                                34 Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?
                                                35 Johnny Flynn & Robert Macfarlane - Lost In The Cedar Wood *
                                                36 The Beatles - 1 ^
                                                37 Sam Fender - Hypersonic Missiles ^
                                                38 Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour ^
                                                40 Arctic Monkeys - AM ^

Comment

• Can't believe Drake still have streaming enough to be #02 in UK.
                                                  In US I get it but in UK...? Who listen to his songs? Some are kind of cool but his new album is garbage... not Garbage (I love Garbage)... is trash...

Comment

• Does anyone have updated UK midweek data for Lisa’s ‘MONEY’?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X