This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hylt View Post
    Does anyone have updated UK midweek data for Lisa’s ‘MONEY’?
    It was at number 65 on Tuesday, up from 74 on Monday. I expect the track to be top 60 when the new chart is revealed today.

Comment

• Official First Look Chart Update
      Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Adele - Easy On Me *
      2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
      3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
      4 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
      5 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
      6 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
      7 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
      8 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
      9 Central Cee - Obsessed With You
      10 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want
      12 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
      13 Doja Cat - Woman
      14 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
      15 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
      16 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls
      17 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go *
      18 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
      19 Jesy Nelson feat. Nicki Minaj - Boyz
      20 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours

Comment

• My thoughts after listening First Look Chart since long long time, that music in the charts nowadays is shit as hell.... just look at the titles: (Uh Oh), (La Di Da), (Ah Ah Ah)....really listening full top 20 is a torture (and still they've skipped Visiting Hours thankfully). Thank god for Cold Heart and Easy On Me that at the end I didn't commint a suicide
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
            Source: OCC
            Missing Data: Apple Music and Spotify (for Sunday) and YouTube (for Saturday and Sunday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (99,793) *
            2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (26.0k)
            3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (24.3k)
            4 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (14.0k)
            5 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (11.4k)

6-10
            7 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
            8 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out

11-20
            13 Doja Cat - Woman
            15 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
            16 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
            19 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go *

21-30
            22 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
            23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
            24 Adele - When We Were Young ^
            25 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
            27 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
            28 Adele - Someone Like You ^
            29 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive

31-40
            31 Jonasu - Black Magic
            32 Mimi Webb - 24/5

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres (81.2k) *
            2 The Beatles - Let It Be (12.8k) ^
            3 Daniel O'Donnell - 60 (5.4k) *
            4 The Charlatans - A Head Full Of Ideas (4.8k) *
            5 Joy Crookes - Skin (4.6k) *

6-10
            6 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Sticky *
            7 Adele - 25
            9 Kylie Minogue - Fever ^
            10 Adele - 21

11-20
            11 Ferocious Dog - The Hope *
            14 Adele - 19 ^
            19 Amy Winehouse - Back To Black ^

21-30
            21 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality (The Singles) *
            22 PinkPantheress - To Hell With It [mixtape] *
            23 Young Thug - Punk *
            24 Garbage - Garbage ^
            28 Afterlight (Thea Gilmore) - Afterlight *
            30 Primal Scream - Demodelica *

31-40
            33 Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine - A Beginner's Mind *
            36 Thea Gilmore - The Emancipation Of Eva Grey *

Click on the above relevant links.
            Last edited by Blondini; Mon October 18, 2021, 15:57.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-sales__34247/

18 October 2021
              Coldplay's Music of the Spheres set to become the band's ninth Number 1 album with big midweek sales

Plus there could be Top 10 entries from The Beatles, The Charlatans and Kylie Minogue.
              By George Griffiths
              Coldplay are kicking off a bumper quarter four schedule in impressive fashion this week, with Music of the Spheres on course to enter the Official Albums Chart at Number 1.

Over the coming weeks, brand new albums by Adele, Ed Sheeran and ABBA will turn 2021 into the hottest Christmas release line-up for many years - and Coldplay's ninth album has well and truly kicked the season off, after shifting more than 81,000 chart sales over the weekend to lead an all-new Top 6 in today's Official Chart Update.

As a result, Music of the Spheres has already surpassed the current fastest-selling album of the year, Dave’s We’re All Alone In This Together, which amassed 74,000 chart sales in its opening week in July.

It is also on course to become the first album to surpass 100,000 chart sales in a week since Ed Sheeran’s No. 6 Collaborations project sold 125,000 in July 2019. The last time an album topped 80,000 chart sales in a week was Coldplay’s previous studio album Everyday Life, totalling just under 81,000 chart sales in November 2019.

Music… is set to be Coldplay’s ninth Number 1 album, extending their unbroken run of chart-topping studio albums, in order - Parachutes (2000), A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002), X&Y (2005), Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008), Mylo Xyloto (2011), Ghost Stories (2014), A Head Full of Dreams (2015) and Everyday Life (2019).
              View Coldplay’s Official Chart history in full here

Meanwhile, the brand new Super Deluxe Edition reworking of The Beatles’ classic last album Let It Be sends it to Number 2 midweek, putting the project on course for its first Top 10 placing in 50 years – aside from the “alternative mix” Let It Be… Naked which reached Number 7 in November 2003.

In turn, Daniel O’Donnell’s celebratory 60 is currently at Number 3 and will become the singer’s 19th Top 10 collection if it stays on track. The Charlatans’ brand-new greatest hits collection A Head Full of Ideas is currently at Number 4, while South London singer and songwriter Joy Crookes rounds off the Top 5 with Skin.
              MORE: The Official best-selling female albums of all time in the UK revealed

Elsewhere in the midweek Top 10, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes could earn their third Top 10 album with Sticky at Number 6, and Kylie Minogue’s Fever is at Number 9 thanks to a 20th anniversary re-issue for National Album Day.

Adele also continues to climb in today’s Update as the release of her fourth album 30 nears; while 25 remains at 7, 21 jumps up four places to 10 and 19 is up 40 spots to Number 14.

Outside the Top 10, Warsop folk-punk band Ferocious Dog could secure a place at Number 11 with The Hope, and Amy Winehouse’s Back To Black flies to Number 19 following a National Album Day picture disc release.
              MORE: Official Top 40 biggest albums of 2021 so far

Other new and re-entries set to land in this week’s Top 40 include OMD’s The Architecture and Morality Singles (21), viral sensation PinkPantheress’ debut album To Hell With It (22), US rapper Young Thug’s second album Punk (23), and Garbage’s self-titled 1995 debut album (24) which also enjoys an uplift thanks to National Album Day.

English singer-songwriter Thea Gilmore could have two new entries this Friday, with side-project Afterlight (28) [not a side-project, it's just her under a new name] and The Emancipation of Eva Grey (36).

Finally, Primal Scream’s Demodelica is on course to land at Number 30, and Sufjan Stevens and De Augustine’s collaborative album A Beginner’s Mind is heading for Number 33.
              See the full Official Albums Chart Update from 5.45pm

See the Official Singles Chart Update from 5.45pm

edits by moi

Comment

• Is there a special reason why Coldplay‘s new album seems to pull way better numbers than their previous album did?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                  Is there a special reason why Coldplay‘s new album seems to pull way better numbers than their previous album did?
                  BTS
                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Is there a special reason why Coldplay‘s new album seems to pull way better numbers than their previous album did?
                    It's a pop album - BTS, Selena, Max Martin. They've been promoting it at every big event. People that wouldn't normally listen to them are listening.

Comment

• Looks like Adele could surpass 200,000 this week as its done nearly 100,000 in 3 days of sales and 2 days of streams.

Comment

• Kylie has again released a cassette album. Queen of cassettes
                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post

It's a pop album - BTS, Selena, Max Martin. They've been promoting it at every big event. People that wouldn't normally listen to them are listening.
                          Oh ok. Guess that makes sense somehow. The new album is not more Pop than their previous one though and I didn't expect this to have such an impact - Coldplay are Coldplay after all.

Comment

and they have 3 top 20 singles from it, previous album had 1 top 40 song. And yes it's far more pop than previous one. Shame there's no gem like Midnight there
                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Oh ok. Guess that makes sense somehow. The new album is not more Pop than their previous one though and I didn't expect this to have such an impact - Coldplay are Coldplay after all.
                              There's nothing as blatantly pop as My Universe or Higher Power on the last album and certainly no pop ballad like Let Somebody Go. You would never think these were Coldplay songs if you didn't know. There's only one track on it that could rightly be called rock.

And there wasn't a big single on the last one like My Universe so Kuba is probably half-right about the BTS reach.

Comment

There's nothing as blatantly pop as My Universe or Higher Power on the last album and certainly no pop ballad like Let Somebody Go. You would never think these were Coldplay songs if you didn't know. There's only one track on it that could rightly be called rock.

And there wasn't a big single on the last one like My Universe so Kuba is probably half-right about the BTS reach.
                                Exactly! Because they aren't really "coldplay" songs. That's why they got Max Martin and other hit makers songwritters (to make sure they would have a hit album) and commercially speaking it worked. On critics not so much as they are having mixed reviews.

Comment

• Listen to track 8 on this Coldplay album and then come back and say "it's just Coldplay".

Comment

• Indeed it worked! They will clear 100K which in today's sales is massive success. I wonder if Abba or Elton could make as huge sales as them
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                      Indeed it worked! They will clear 100K which in today's sales is massive success. I wonder if Abba or Elton could make as huge sales as them
                                      Well if ABBA already had over 80k pre-sales in UK alone after just 3 days (40k after 24 hours) I would say ABBA may even get over 300k and certainly over 200k on first week of release as they have always been high on Amazon chart and have had too many pre-sales weeks. I'm almost sure ABBA will be over 200k on UK mid-week chart too.

Elton John I'm not so sure as even Abba albums remain ahead on Amazon charts and pre-sales charts. But since Elton John album are just collaborations it will certainly have many fans from other artists buying and streaming it as well. We will find out soon.

Comment

• Will Easy On Me be the biggest weekly sum for a single since Hello? How much did those LadBaby Christmas songs sell in a week?
                                        "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• Out of interest how much is Jesy likely to drop this week?
                                          1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                            Out of interest how much is Jesy likely to drop this week?
                                            still top 20
                                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• 'Hello's first-week tally was reported as 332,599 (259,355 sales +73,244 streaming equivalents) in October 2015. No single-survey week total for any song has come close to that since, with six-figure tallies becoming rarer from 2016 onwards. The only other single-week chart sale that made even over 200k was Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' on its maiden week in the chart (226,808: 137,343 sales +89,465 SES) in January 2017. Of the three consecutive LadBaby Christmas novelty releases so far, only the most recent ('Dont Stop Me Eatin'') managed six figures (157,733: 148,749 sales +8,984 SES) in its first week out in December 2020, although by my reckoning that is the largest seven-day return of actual paid-for sales since 'Hello', surpassing those for 'Shape Of You' by some 11.5k.

We're all waiting with baited to breath to see the first-week showing for Adele's newie, which likely won't make anything like the true sales 'Hello' posted initially, but may be sufficient to be greater than LadBaby's. She may also have increased SES compared to six years ago, given that streaming is now the dominant means of music consumption (and video streams are now included which wasn't the case in 2015). All that being said, she's arguably been less of a streamed than sold artist in the past, so how much difference the changes in the nature of the market in the years she's been away makes will be fascinating to observe.

Comment

• Today's reported that Easy On Me sold 150K during this week.
                                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34266/

20 October 2021
                                                  Adele's Easy On Me claims the biggest opening week of 2021 so far on the Official Singles Chart

Adele's new single is set to open with huge sales and streams on the Official UK Singles Chart.
                                                  By Rob Copsey
                                                  Adele's comeback continues apace as her new single Easy On Me already claims the biggest opening week for a track on the Official Singles Chart in 2021.

As previously reported by OfficialCharts.com, Easy On Me is soaring towards the top spot this week, set to become her third Number 1 single. View Adele's Official UK Chart history in full here.

In today's Official Chart sales flash (October 20), Easy On Me posts 149,865 chart sales, leapfrogging Olivia Rodrigo, whose track Good 4 U held the biggest week 1 total when it debuted at Number 1 in May with 117,355 chart sales.

With two more days until this week's Official Chart is announced, expect Adele's week 1 figure to grow even further when the Top 40 is revealed on Friday, October 22.
                                                  MORE: Official Top 40 biggest songs of 2021 so far

The last track to score more that 150,000 chart sales in its opening week was the 2020 Official Christmas Number 1, LadBaby's Don't Stop Me Eatin', which racked up 158,000 chart sales.

Easy On Me will follow Adele's previous chart-toppers Someone Like You (2011) and Hello (2015). The track was co-written by Adele with longtime collaborator Greg Kurstin, whose hits with Adele include Hello and Top 40 hit Water Under The Bridge. Adele's fourth album, 30, is set for release November 19.
                                                  MORE: Adele's Official Top 20 biggest songs

Article image: Simon Emmett

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                                    Source: Music Week
                                                    Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (149,865) *
                                                    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (43,255)
                                                    3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
                                                    4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
                                                    5 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe

6-10

11-20
                                                    13 Doja Cat - Woman
                                                    14 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                                                    18 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot

21-30
                                                    21 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
                                                    22 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go (8,753) *
                                                    23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                                                    25 Adele - When We Were Young ^
                                                    26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                                                    27 Adele - Someone Like You ^
                                                    28 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                                                    29 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive

31-40
                                                    33 Mimi Webb - 24/5

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres (87,156) *
                                                    2 The Beatles - Let It Be ^
                                                    3 Adele - 25
                                                    4 Daniel O'Donnell - 60 *
                                                    5 Joy Crookes - Skin *

6-10
                                                    6 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Sticky *
                                                    8 The Charlatans - A Head Full Of Ideas *
                                                    9 Adele - 21

11-20
                                                    12 Lovejoy - Pebble Brain (MA) *
                                                    13 Kylie - Fever ^
                                                    16 Adele - 19 ^
                                                    19 Ferocious Dog - The Hope *
                                                    20 PinkPantheress - To Hell With It [mixtape] *

21-30
                                                    23 Young Thug - Punk *
                                                    27 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality: The Singles *
                                                    28 Amy Winehouse - Back To Black ^

31-40
                                                    40 Garbage - Garbage ^

Comment

Working...
                                                    X