This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< UPDATE ON PREVIOUS PAGE

Looks like Coldplay were very front loaded.

Comment

• Adele scores fastest-selling single of the year with Easy On Me

According to the latest Midweek sales flash, Adele’s comeback single is on course to debut at No.1 with first week sales already at 150,000.

According to the Official Charts Company, Easy On Me (Columbia) has racked up 12.8 million audio streams so far and 21,288 downloads. Its calculated chart sale up to the end of Tuesday (October 19) was 149,865.

Adele’s Easy On Me is now officially the fastest-selling single of the year so far.

from musicweek.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
        Adele scores fastest-selling single of the year with Easy On Me

According to the latest Midweek sales flash, Adele’s comeback single is on course to debut at No.1 with first week sales already at 150,000.

According to the Official Charts Company, Easy On Me (Columbia) has racked up 12.8 million audio streams so far and 21,288 downloads. Its calculated chart sale up to the end of Tuesday (October 19) was 149,865.

Adele’s Easy On Me is now officially the fastest-selling single of the year so far.

from musicweek.com
        Actual sales are lower than I would've expected, just goes to show how depressed actual sales are now (only 14% of the total).
        Last edited by braindeadpj; Wed October 20, 2021, 22:11.

Comment

• Two days to go, Adele will probably get to around 180,000 as she is slowing down.....

Comment

• It's mad how everytime Adele releases new stuff her old albums do so well. Everyone already has them.
            Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
              It's mad how everytime Adele releases new stuff her old albums do so well. Everyone already has them.
              that's why streaming is stupid to add for those albums, I think sales for 25, 21, 19 would put them "only" at the bottom of top 40.

Coldplay won't sell 100K as they were so front loaded, kinda shame.
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Is there a website we could check that shows the midweek? I miss seeing the updates everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

that's why streaming is stupid to add for those albums, I think sales for 25, 21, 19 would put them "only" at the bottom of top 40.

Coldplay won't sell 100K as they were so front loaded, kinda shame.
                  Why would you not add streaming to Adele's albums but add it to everyone elses ? Makes no sense to think that .
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why would you not add streaming to Adele's albums but add it to everyone elses ? Makes no sense to think that .
                    I was thinking about all albums not only hers. But this is a perfect example for my opinion
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by emmerich View Post
                      Is there a website we could check that shows the midweek? I miss seeing the updates everyday.
                      Music Week's subscription
                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by emmerich View Post
                        Is there a website we could check that shows the midweek? I miss seeing the updates everyday.
                        Unfortunately the sources which provided midweeks every day seem to have disappeared. The same information has usually been posted on a number of websites so there's none out there I'm aware of that post them on days when other websites don't.

Comment

• Thursday Top 40 Update
                          Missing Data: Amazon Physical, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Wednesday)

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (171.8k) *
                          2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (51.4k)
                          3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (49.1k)
                          4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (26.5k)
                          5 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (25.3k)

6-10
                          10 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

11-20
                          11 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
                          13 Doja Cat - Woman
                          15 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                          18 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot

21-30
                          21 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
                          22 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go (8,753) *
                          23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                          25 Adele - When We Were Young ^
                          26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
                          27 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                          28 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                          29 Adele - Someone Like You ^

31-40
                          33 Mimi Webb - 24/5

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres (92.4k) *
                          2 The Beatles - Let It Be (15.5k) ^
                          3 Adele - 25 (8.4k)
                          4 Daniel O'Donnell - 60 (7.2k) *
                          5 Joy Crookes - Skin (6.7k) *

6-10
                          7 Adele - 21
                          8 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Sticky *
                          9 The Charlatans - A Head Full Of Ideas *

11-20
                          12 Lovejoy - Pebble Brain (MA) *
                          15 Kylie - Fever ^
                          17 Adele - 19 ^
                          20 PinkPantheress - To Hell With It [mixtape] *

21-30
                          23 Ferocious Dog - The Hope *
                          24 Young Thug - Punk *
                          30 Amy Winehouse - Back To Black ^

31-40
                          32 The Lathums - How Beautiful Life Can Be
                          33 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality: The Singles *
                          Last edited by Blondini; Thu October 21, 2021, 18:36.

Comment

• Adele should pass 200k tomorrow. Coldplay might just fall short of 100k?

Comment

• Looks like Adele would have 3 in the top 20 if it wasn't for ACR (perhaps more, but won't due to the 3 tracks rule).

Comment

Unfortunately the sources which provided midweeks every day seem to have disappeared. The same information has usually been posted on a number of websites so there's none out there I'm aware of that post them on days when other websites don't.
                                we've had reports every day but Tuesday this week. But hasn't this always been the case that Tuesday updates didn't always arrive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post

we've had reports every day but Tuesday this week. But hasn't this always been the case that Tuesday updates didn't always arrive?
                                  Some weeks we've had the full set, some weeks there's been a day missing but there there has been the odd occasion - admittedly not very often in the recent past - where we got just the Monday and Wednesday updates that are provided by Music Week.

Comment

Adele should pass 200k tomorrow. Coldplay might just fall short of 100k?
                                    It looks like Adele will be a little shy of 200k. She gained less than 22k units on the past 24 hours and both her sales and streams decreased a little today.
                                    Her streams on Spotiffy are huge but still decreasing every day around 100k less per day for the past 3 days.
                                    She will be around 190-195k.

Coldplay won't make it to 100k (almost for sure).

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

It looks like Adele will be a little shy of 200k. She gained less than 22k units on the past 24 hours and both her sales and streams decreased a little today.
                                      Her streams on Spotiffy are huge but still decreasing every day around 100k less per day for the past 3 days.
                                      She will be around 190-195k.

Coldplay won't make it to 100k (almost for sure).
                                      There's still two days streams from Spotify and Apple to be added for Adele, those from yesterday and estimated ones for today (streaming data from those two plus YouTube are always 2 days behind) so even if her streaming sales drop to 20k equivalent per day that is 40k.

Comment

There's still two days streams from Spotify and Apple to be added for Adele, those from yesterday and estimated ones for today (streaming data from those two plus YouTube are always 2 days behind) so even if her streaming sales drop to 20k equivalent per day that is 40k.
                                        The formula is more complicated than that isn't it...? Paid streams are 100 per unit but aren't free stream 600 per unit? (or is that just for albums).
                                        Her YouTube daily streams are also dropping fast... maybe you are right but I still think it may miss the 200k. We will see in less than 24 hours

Comment

• I predict 210K for Adele and 98K for Coldplay
                                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Really sad times for music.

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                              I predict 210K for Adele and 98K for Coldplay
                                              Wow... she really did 217,300 !!!! Never thought she would do so many. I confess I really don't like this song very much... maybe it will grow on me.

Coldplay ended up selling 101k!!!

Now let's see how both will do next week.

Comment

• I predict like 15K for Coldplay and around 120K for Adele
                                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Official First Look Chart Update
                                                  Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Adele - Easy On Me
                                                  2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
                                                  3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
                                                  4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
                                                  5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
                                                  6 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
                                                  7 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
                                                  8 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
                                                  9 Central Cee - Obsessed With You
                                                  10 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want
                                                  12 Swedish House Mafia & The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame *
                                                  13 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
                                                  14 ABBA - Just A Notion *
                                                  15 Doja Cat - Woman
                                                  16 Digga D - Red Light, Green Light *
                                                  17 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                                                  18 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
                                                  19 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot
                                                  20 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34294/

25 October 2021
                                                    Elton John, Duran Duran, Lana Del Rey and Biffy Clyro locked in four-way battle for Number 1 on Official Albums Chart

Four chart titans are battling it out for this week's top spot.
                                                    By Rob Copsey
                                                    Four chart titans are battling it out for Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart.

Leading the race on today’s Official Chart Update is Elton John, whose new record The Lockdown Sessions is at Number 1 – though it’s still all to play for as just 4,500 chart sales currently separate the Top 4.

Elton’s 32nd studio album - a collection of collaborations with the likes of Stevie Wonder, Lil Nas X and Dua Lipa, the latter on the Number 1 single Cold Heat (Pnau Remix) – could become his eighth chart-topping album. If it holds on, it will be his first leader in nine years, since 2012’s Good Morning To The Night. View Elton’s Official UK Chart history in full here.

Chasing Elton are Duran Duran, whose first album in six years Future Past is at Number 2 – potentially on its way to become their highest-charting record in 38 years, since 1983’s chart-topping Seven And The Ragged Tiger.
                                                    MORE: Official Top 40 biggest albums of 2021 so far

Opening at Number 3 is Lana Del Rey with Blue Banisters, her eighth record and second LP in 2021, while Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro sit at Number 4 with The Myth Of The Happily Ever After. Last week’s Number 1, Coldplay’s Music Of The Spheres, drops to Number 5 but continues to lead the way on streaming.

Four more new releases could land in this week’s Top 10; including a 40th anniversary reissue of The Rolling Stones’ Tattoo You (7), Prioritise Pleasure by Self Esteem (8), and A View From The Top Of The World by US prog-metal band Dream Theater (9).

Meanwhile, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ B-Sides & Rarities – Pt II starts at 11, and New York rock band Parquet Courts open at 13 with Sympathy For Life.

Further down, more new releases aiming for a Top 40 debut are Existence Is Futile by British metal band Cradle Of Filth (25), Every Time I Die’s ninth album Radical (26), and John Coltrane live album A Love Supreme (27).

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
                                                    View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update

Comment

Working...
                                                    X