Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Elton does it, it still baffles me as to who buys Lana’s insomnia-curing compilations.

Comment

• ^ the above update is wrong! They missed out Mimi Webb who is at 8. Stones are at 6, Self Esteem 7.

Lady A album bombs at 94. (even though it has a CD release).

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
        Source: OCC
        Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 Adele - Easy on Me [37,155]
        2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart [22,663]
        3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers [20,194]
        4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) [11,196]
        5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves [10,602]

6-10
        7 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
        10 Becky Hill feat. Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11-20
        12 Swedish House Mafia &. The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame *
        15 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
        16 Digga D - Red Light, Green Light *
        20 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good

21-30
        25 Mimi Webb - 24/5
        26 Abba - Just a Notion *
        27 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)

31-40
        33 Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U
        37 Craig David & MNEK - Who You Are *
        38 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions * [14,974]
        2 Duran Duran - Future Past * [13,524]
        3 Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters * [11,267]
        4 Biffy Clyro - The Myth Of The Happily Ever After * [10,431]
        5 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres [7,642]

6-10
        6 The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You ^
        7 Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure *
        8 Mimi Webb - Seven Shades Of Heartbreak (MA) *
        9 Dream Theater - A View From The Top Of The World *

11-20
        11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - B-Sides & Rarities Pt II *
        13 Parquet Courts - Sympathy For Life *

21-30
        25 Cradle Of Filth - Existence Is Futile *
        26 Every Time I Die - Radical *
        27 John Coltrane - A Love Supreme: Live In Seattle *

31-40
        35 Michael Jackson - Number Ones

Click on the above relevant links.
        Last edited by Blondini; Mon October 25, 2021, 17:17.

Comment

• Music Week:

With 14,974 sales for The Lockdown Sessions so far, the legendary singer is at No.1 in the albums chart, where he’s the front runner in a closely packed and all-new Top 4. Duran Duran’s Future Past (13,524 sales) is at No.2, Lana Del Rey’s Blue Banisters (11,267 sales) is at No.3 and Biffy Clyro’s The Myth Of Happily Ever After (10,431 sales) is at No.4. Coldplay’s Music Of The Spheres (7,642 sales) is in fifth spot. With streaming data for Sunday yet to be counted and Lana Del Rey the clear leader at DSPs with 1,107 units so far, the Top 5 could yet shift this week.

Elton John remains at No.2 in the singles chart with Dua Lipa collaboration Cold Heart (22,663 sales). The rest of the Top 4 is also unchanged, with Adele’s record-breaking comeback Easy On Me at No.1 with 37,155 sales. Ed Sheeran’s Shivers (20,194 sales) is at No.3 and Ckay’s Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) is in fourth place on 11,196 sales. Glass Animals are at No.5 with Heat Waves (10,602 sales).
          Last edited by Blondini; Mon October 25, 2021, 17:10.

Comment

• That’s promising for Self Esteem!

Comment

• Adele should clear 100k though perhaps only just.

It's hard to tell what could end up at #1 on the albums chart on Friday as the top 4 will be front loaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                Adele should clear 100k though perhaps only just.

It's hard to tell what could end up at #1 on the albums chart on Friday as the top 4 will be front loaded.
                Elton will get the top spot because he has the streams. Duran only have Radio 2 backing. LDR is basically a cult but might surpass Duran through streams, Biffy will probably drop the most and be overtaken by stream darling Mimi Webb.

Comment

• Well Elton, Duran and Self Esteem have all been doing/releasing signed physicals this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music Week:

The Official Charts Company Midweek Sales Flash is in, and as the race for No.1 intensifies, Elton John is still leading the way in the albums race.

Thanks to 18,959 physical units sold so far, 2,592 sales from downloads and 1,370 from streams, The Lockdown Sessions has built up a healthy lead. Even with Tuesday’s streaming figures still to be counted, strong physical sales from John and fellow heritage act Duran Duran are winning the day so far. The 80s legends have 15,215 sales so far for their 15th studio album Future Past ,compared to John’s 22,921, with 13,886 from physical, 1,067 from downloads and 262 from streams.

Below them at No.3, Lana Del Rey’s Blue Banisters has the second highest total from streams so far, with its return of 1,904 second only to Coldplay’s Music Of The Spheres, which is at No.5 on 10,557 total sales. Biffy Clyro’s The Myth Of Happily Ever After is at No.4 on 13,340 sales. Its physical haul of 11,483 is marginally lower than Del Rey’s 11,694 and, as the week continues, things could still change in the Top 5.

In the singles chart, Adele is heading towards the 70,000 mark for Easy On Me, which has 64,886 sales so far this week. Elton John and Dua Lipa’s Cold Heart (38,570 sales) is at No.2, Ed Sheeran’s Shivers (35,337 sales) is at No.3, Ckay’s Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) is at No.4 on 21,139 and Glass Animals complete the Top 5 with Heat Waves (19,229 sales).
                  Last edited by Blondini; Wed October 27, 2021, 17:04.

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 ONLY Update
                    Source: Music Week
                    Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (64,886)
                    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (38,570)
                    3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (35,337)
                    4 CKay - love nwantiti (ah ah ah) (21,139)
                    5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (19,229)

6-10
                    7 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - OUT OUT

11-20
                    14 THE ANXIETY, WILLOW & Tyler Cole - Meet Me At Our Spot
                    15 Swedish House Mafia & The Weeknd - Moth to a Flame *
                    17 Digga D - Red Light Green Light *

21-30
                    21 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                    25 Mimi Webb - 24/5
                    27 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                    28 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know)
                    29 ARZ - Alone With You
                    30 Sleepy Hallow - 2055

31-40
                    31 Olivia Rodrigo - good 4 u
                    34 Jonasu - Black Magic
                    36 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On
                    37 Craig David & MNEK - Who You Are *
                    40 ABBA - Just a Notion *

Albums

1 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions (22,921) *
                    2 Duran Duran - Future Past (15,215) *
                    3 Lana Del Rey - Blue Bannisters *
                    4 Biffy Clyro - The Myth of the Happily Ever After (13,340) *
                    5 Coldplay - Music of the Spheres (10,557)

6-10
                    6 The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You ^
                    8 Mimi Webb - Seven Shades of Heartbreak *
                    9 Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure *

11-20
                    12 Dream Theater - A View from the Top of the World *
                    16 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - B-Sides & Rarities: Pt II *

21-30
                    23 Queen - Greatest Hits
                    26 Parquet Courts - Sympathy for Life *

31-40
                    32 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
                    37 Sonny Fodera - Wide Awake *
                    38 Harry Styles - Fine Line

NO OTHER SALES INFO

Comment

• ^ Was it late being uploaded? I looked for hours earlier and there was only the Music Week.

the poster is still spelling Lana's album title wrongly! It's the US spelling of "banister" (and MW doesn't give the actual full sale! I think Buzzjack might have been waiting for it but it never came).
                      Last edited by Blondini; Thu October 28, 2021, 00:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                        ^ Was it late being uploaded? I looked for hours earlier and there was only the Music Week.

the poster is still spelling Lana's album title wrongly! It's the US spelling of "banister" (and MW doesn't give the actual full sale! I think Buzzjack might have been waiting for it but it never came).
                        The update didn't get posted at BJ until late in the evening.

Comment

• BuzzJack guy is busy watching Doctor Who so here's your OCC update post

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34346/

31 October 2021
                          Ed Sheeran’s Overpass Graffiti sets course for Number 1 on Official UK Singles Chart

Plus two Halloween favourite land in this week's Official Chart First Look.
                          By Rob Copsey
                          Ed Sheeran is set for Official Chart domination this week following the release of his new album = (Equals), with three songs on course to land in the Official Singles Chart Top 10.

The album’s latest single Overpass Graffiti is on track to debut at Number 1 this Friday (November 5), while former chart-toppers Shivers (2) and Bad Habits (5) are in the Top 5. Should it hold on, Ed could be celebrating his 12th UK Number 1 single, and third in 2021 alone. View Ed Sheeran’s Official Chart history here.

Elsewhere in the Top 10, Adele’s Easy On Me drops to Number 3 after two weeks at the summit, and Becky Hill & Topic’s My Heart Goes (La Di Da) could climb into the Top 10, so far up one place to 10.
                          MORE: Official Top 40 biggest songs of 2021 so far

Scottish DJ/producer Ewan McVicar looks set to break into the Top 20 this week with Tell Me Something Good, lifting seven spots to 14, and Joel Corry’s new single I Wish Mabel starts at Number 20.

Finally, Halloween is having an impact on the Official Singles Chart today, with two spooky classics currently in the Top 20: Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr, originally a Number 2 hit in 1984, and Bobby Boris Pickett’s Monster Mash, a Number 3 smash in 1973.

The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm. Follow the Top 40 countdown live on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart show with Scott Mills.
                          Official Chart First Look Top 20 - October 31, 2021
                          LW CURRENT TITLE ARTIST
                          NEW 1 OVERPASS GRAFFITI ED SHEERAN
                          3 2 SHIVERS ED SHEERAN
                          1 3 EASY ON ME ADELE
                          2 4 COLD HEART ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA
                          9 5 BAD HABITS ED SHEERAN
                          4 6 LOVE NWANTITI (AH AH AH) CKAY
                          5 7 HEAT WAVES GLASS ANIMALS
                          8 8 OUT OUT JOEL CORRY/JAX JONES/XCX
                          7 9 MY UNIVERSE COLDPLAY & BTS
                          11 10 MY HEART GOES (LA DI DA) BECKY HILL & TOPIC
                          6 11 OBSESSED WITH YOU CENTRAL CEE
                          10 12 THATS WHAT I WANT LIL NAS X
                          12 13 MEET ME AT OUR SPOT ANXIETY/WILLOW/TYLER COLE
                          21 14 TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD EWAN MCVICAR
                          14 15 WOMAN DOJA CAT
                          16 16 STAY KID LAROI & JUSTIN BIEBER
                          NEW 17 GHOSTBUSTERS RAY PARKER JR
                          NEW 18 MONSTER MASH BOBBY BORIS PICKETT
                          19 19 BETTER DAYS DERMOT KENNEDY
                          NEW 20 I WISH JOEL CORRY FT MABEL
                          ©2021 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

Comment

• Plus - apparently, Richard Ashcroft is #2 on albums, Spice Girls 25th AE of Spice #3.

Comment

• Didn't expect Graffiti to top the chart, it will fall down during the week I think.
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                Didn't expect Graffiti to top the chart, it will fall down during the week I think.
                                Maybe... it was released on CD-single? The song streams are falling...
                                Shivers may end up at #01 on Friday as it have quite similar streams to Adele song (Adele is slightly ahead) and it's far ahead on iTunes (more than twice the sales... Elton is #02 on iTunes).
                                Last edited by MadNuno; Sun October 31, 2021, 22:38.

Comment

• OCC are early this week!

-------------------------------------------------------

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34347/

01 November 2021
                                  Ed Sheeran’s = racing ahead to Number 1 on Official Albums Chart

= is currently outperforming the rest of the Top 40 combined and could outpace Coldplay for biggest opening week of 2021. Plus new entries from Richard Ashcroft, Spice Girls, The War on Drugs and more.
                                  By Admin
                                  Ed Sheeran’s = (Equals) is racing ahead to Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart, posting impressive numbers at the halfway stage of the chart week.

Already shifting 84,000 chart sales across the weekend, Ed is currently outperforming the rest of the Top 40 combined. Comfortably leading the charge on all fronts – physical sales, downloads and streams - at its current pace, = could overtake Coldplay’s Music of the Spheres to claim the biggest opening week of 2021 so far (101,000 chart sales).

Ed has previously hit Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with all three of his studio albums; + (2011), x (2014), ÷ (2017), as well as his No 6 Collaborations Project (2019). View Ed Sheeran’s Official Charts history in full here.

Elsewhere this week, a further eight new releases could land inside the Top 10. Behind Ed is former Verve frontman Richard Ashcroft with Acoustic Hymns - Vol. 1 at Number 2, while the 25th anniversary re-release of Spice Girls’ iconic debut album Spice could be on track to return to the UK Top 10 at Number 3. It previously topped the Official Albums Chart for 15 weeks.

At Number 5 are The War on Drugs with I Don’t Live Here Anymore, while US blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa could gain his sixth UK Top 10 with Time Clocks at Number 6. Heavy metal band Mastodon are looking for a new entry at Number 8 with Hushed and Grim, while a remixed and updated version of Pink Floyd’s A Momentary Relapse [ he means Lapse] of Reason is at Number 9. Motorhead’s greatest hits collection, Everything Louder Forever, could earn the band their fifth UK Top 10 album at Number 10.

Outside the Top 10, post-punk band The The’s live album The Comeback Special is pacing to debut at Number 11, while American singer-songwriter Tori Amos is heading for Number 12 with Ocean to Ocean. Meanwhile, Billy Bragg’s first studio album in eight years The Million Things That Never Happened could bag him his 12th Top 40 collection, currently at Number 16. Billy Bragg will discuss the making of the record on The Record Club in association with Bowers & WIlkins, our livestream series with Record Store Day and National Album Day, this Wednesday 3 November.

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Symphonic Suites is another new entry at Number 24 while REM’s fifth album New Adventures in Hi-Fi could re-enter the chart, currently at Number 30, thanks to a 25th anniversary release.

Whitney Houston also appears at Number 31, up 21 places thanks to a new vinyl reissue.

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
                                  View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update
                                  Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 1, 2021, 17:34.

Comment

• Surprised Adele hasn't had more staying power tbh.
                                    I say hi you say hi we say hi you look so pretty yeh

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                                      Source: OCC
                                      Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Sunday) and HMV (for Friday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (28,458) *
                                      2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (28,004)
                                      3 Adele - Easy On Me (27,168)
                                      4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (20,896)
                                      5 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (12,507)

6-10
                                      10 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11-20
                                      15 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                                      16 Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash ^
                                      17 Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters ^
                                      19 Michael Jackson - Thriller ^

21-30
                                      22 D-Block Europe - No Competition *
                                      25 Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me ^

31-40
                                      31 Little Nell, Patricia Quinn & Richard O'Brien - Time Warp *
                                      40 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You *

Top 100 Albums

1 Ed Sheeran - = (84,178) *
                                      2 Richard Ashcroft - Acoustic Hymns Vol. 1 (8,706) *
                                      3 Spice Girls - Spice (6,087) ^
                                      4 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions (4,695)
                                      5 The War On Drugs - I Don’t Live Here Anymore (4,170) *

6-10
                                      6 Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks *
                                      8 Mastodon - Hushed and Grim *
                                      9 Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason ^
                                      10 Motörhead - Everything Louder Forever (The Very Best Of) *

11-20
                                      11 The The - The Comeback Special (Live at the Royal Albert Hall) *
                                      12 Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean *
                                      16 Billy Bragg - The Million Things That Never Happened *

21-30
                                      24 Andrew Lloyd Webber - Symphonic Suites *
                                      30 R.E.M. - New Adventures In Hi-Fi ^

31-40
                                      31 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston ^

Click on the above relevant links.

Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 1, 2021, 18:01.

Comment

• ^ Top 5 sales now added. Ed is likely to overtake himself on singles! Missing HMV sales may partly explain the lower than expected figure for his album.

Comment

• Looks like Bad Habits is currently still on ACR....I guess they won't know for sure whether it has increased by 25% over the market until they know the size of the market at the end of the chart week...

Comment

• Has 'Overpass Graffiti' actually been formally released as Ed's next single, or is it just being massively-streamed as an album cut, as it appears to be in wide rotation on radio? I looked on Spotify and couldn't see it as a stand-alone release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gambo View Post
                                              Has 'Overpass Graffiti' actually been formally released as Ed's next single, or is it just being massively-streamed as an album cut, as it appears to be in wide rotation on radio? I looked on Spotify and couldn't see it as a stand-alone release.
                                              It's the official third single following Bad Habits & Shivers, it also got its own music video.

Comment

• Adele's CD single has been released early - some people already have it.

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                                  Source: Music Week
                                                  Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (47,479)
                                                  2 Adele - Easy On Me (47,464)
                                                  3 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (46,195) *
                                                  4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (34,131)
                                                  5 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (20,661)

6-10
                                                  10 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11-20
                                                  15 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                                                  19 D-Block Europe - No Competition *
                                                  20 Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash ^

21-30
                                                  22 Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters ^
                                                  25 Michael Jackson - Thriller ^
                                                  26 Joel Corry feat, Mabel - I Wish *
                                                  30 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You *

31-40
                                                  33 Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me ^
                                                  38 Neiked, Mae Muller & Polo G - Better Days *

Albums

1 Ed Sheeran - = (116,539) *
                                                  2 Richard Ashcroft - Acoustic Hymns Vol. 1 (10,264) *
                                                  3 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions (7,389)
                                                  4 Spice Girls - Spice (7,243) ^
                                                  5 The War On Drugs - I Don’t Live Here Anymore (5,404) *

6-10
                                                  7 Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks *
                                                  8 Mastodon - Hushed and Grim *
                                                  10 Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason ^

11-20
                                                  12 Motörhead - Everything Louder Forever (The Very Best Of) *

21-30
                                                  21 Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean *
                                                  23 The The - The Comeback Special (Live at the Royal Albert Hall) *
                                                  26 Billy Bragg - The Million Things That Never Happened *
                                                  28 Michael Jackson - Number Ones

31-40
                                                  32 Andrew Lloyd Webber - Symphonic Suites *
                                                  38 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston ^
                                                  Last edited by Blondini; Wed November 3, 2021, 18:25.

Comment

• Music Week:

The previous record holder was Coldplay’s Music Of The Spheres, which sold101,045 in its first seven days. The title will officially be Sheeran’s when Friday rolls around: his fourth full-length has 116,539 sales for the week so far, with 82,763 from physical. Curiously, downloads (17,898) account for more sales than streams (15,878), but Tuesday’s streaming data is yet to be counted. It remains to be seen just how far streaming can push the total sales figure for = by the end of the week.

Behind Sheeran, Richard Ashcroft’s Acoustic Hymns - Vol 1 has 10,264 sales in the No.2 position, ahead of Elton John’s The Lockdown Sessions (7,389 sales) and the Spice Girls’ Spice (7,243 sales). The War On Drugs complete the Top 5 with I Don’t Live Here Anymore (5,404 sales).

In the singles chart, Ed Sheeran’s customary dominance upon the release of an album is under threat. Adele’s current No.1 Easy On Me has 47,464 sales so far, while Sheeran’s Shivers has 47,479. It’s a slender lead, and another Sheeran track, Overpass Graffiti, could yet have a say in the final standings. It is currently at No.3 on 46,195 sales. Elton John and Dua Lipa’s Cold Heart (34,131 sales) and Sheeran’s Bad Habits (20,661 sales) complete the Top 5.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X