No announcement yet.

UK OCC Charts Midweeks Thread: 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh Adele will stop Ed from having a double this week!
    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Ummm I know they’re due to be the biggest weekly figures of the year (with little competition tbf) but to me those figures look far lower than I expected.
      1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
        oh Adele will stop Ed from having a double this week!
        She's also going to stop him from having the top 3 singles! Although 'Bad Habits' is currently on ACR it will most likely move back to SCR on Friday, assuming its streaming sales increase by at least 25%. That will more or less double the sales it currently has on the midweeks chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
          oh Adele will stop Ed from having a double this week!
          Everything is possible right now. We will really need to wait for Friday.
          Adele single was only 2 weeks at #01 so she is likely to stop him.

I do prefer any of these 3 Ed Sheran songs to Adele. Her new song sounds quite boring and a recycle of her old songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

I do prefer any of these 3 Ed Sheran songs to Adele. Her new song sounds quite boring and a recycle of her old songs.
            Like anything from Ed is groundbreaking anyway, it's still a matter of taste.

I am kinda shocked that Ed's low streaming numbers
            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• At least this apparent closeness in the singles tallies is creating some genuine tension as to who'll win out by 11:59pm tonight, with the potential for an outcome which few would've predicted. Albums-wise it was never in question of course, just a matter of the actual numbers involved in '=' getting to No 1. Almost 83,000 sales for a physical LP nowadays is amazing.

Comment

• I don't know what their source is but a BuzzJack poster says Adele is #1 on singles with 793 sales ahead of Sheeran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                  I don't know what their source is but a BuzzJack poster says Adele is #1 on singles with 793 sales ahead of Sheeran.
                  It's very likely. She is staying ahead on streaming while Ed is way ahead on iTunes but sales on the last week days are slower.
                  I guess Adele will most probably stay at #01 another week.

Comment

• Thursday Top 40 Update

Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Wednesday) and Tesco (Tuesday & Wednesday)

Singles

1 Adele - Easy on Me (58,060)
                    2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (57,267)
                    3 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (51,320) *
                    4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (40,981)
                    5 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (24,718)

6-10
                    Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11-20
                    15 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                    17 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                    19 D-Block Europe - No Competition *

21-30
                    22 Joel Corry feat, Mabel - I Wish *
                    23 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You *
                    26 Clean Bandit/Topic/Wes Nelson - Drive
                    28 Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters ^
                    29 Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash ^

31-40
                    32 Michael Jackson - Thriller ^
                    36 NEIKED, Mae Muller & Polo G - Better Days *
                    40 Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Ed Sheeran - = (124,096) *
                    2 Richard Ashcroft - Acoustic Hymns, Vol. 1 (10,897) *
                    3 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions (8,614)
                    4 Spice Girls - Spice (7,523) ^
                    5 Coldplay - Music of the Spheres (6,516)

6-10
                    6 The War on Drugs - I Don’t Live Here Anymore *
                    7 Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks *
                    9 Mastodon - Hushed and Grim *

11-20
                    11 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
                    12 Ed Sheeran - ÷
                    15 Motörhead - Everything Louder Forever: The Very Best Of *
                    17 Pink Floyd - A Momentary Relapse of Reason ^

21-30
                    21 Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean *
                    26 Andrew Lloyd Webber & The Andrew Lloyd Webber Orchestra - Symphonic Suites *
                    27 Michael Jackson - Number Ones
                    28 The The - The Comeback Special (Live at the Royal Albert Hall) *
                    29 Billy Bragg - The Million Things That Never Happened *

31-40
                    40 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best of Whitney Houston ^

Comment

• Looks like Ed Sheeran album won't make it to 150k but will most likely be over 130k and that's already pretty impressive!!!

Looks like Tori Amos won't make it to TOP 20 but at least it's inside the TOP 40.

Comment

• BuzzJack replicated the OCC Pink Floyd title mistake every day there. Which i corrected.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...mber-1__34391/

07 November 2021
                          Ed Sheeran's Shivers takes on Adele’s Easy On Me for Number 1

ArrDee is heading for this week's highest new entry with Flowers (Say My Name).
                          By Helen Ainsley
                          Ed Sheeran is up against Adele once again for this week’s Number 1 single on the Official Chart: First Look, one week after releasing his now chart-topping album = (Equals).

Ed’s smash hit Shivers is at the top of today’s first look, but with just 500 chart sales between Shivers and reigning Number 1 Easy On Me by Adele, it’s all to play for.

Currently tracking to be the highest new entry on this week’s chart, Brighton rapper ArrDee is at Number 6 with Flowers (Say My Name). Interpolating Sweet Female Attitude’s Flowers and Destiny’s Child’s Say My Name, the song is set to become ArrDee’s third Top 10 single in the UK.

Further down, Travis Scott is at 17 with Escape plan, while Clean Bandit, Topic and Wes Nelson climb eight spots to Number 18 on the First Look with Drive – a new peak for the song if it can hold on until Friday’s Official Singles Chart.
                          MORE: Diana Ross' Official Top 40 most-streamed songs

Finally, Summer Walker & SZA team up for No Love (20) from Summer’s new album Still Over It. If it stays on track it will mark Summer Walker’s highest charting single to date, and SZA’s fifth Top 20 single.

The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm. Follow the Top 40 countdown live on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart show with Scott Mills.
                          Official Chart First Look Top 20 - November 7, 2021
                          LW CURRENT TITLE ARTIST
                          2 1 SHIVERS ED SHEERAN
                          1 2 EASY ON ME ADELE
                          3 3 BAD HABITS ED SHEERAN
                          5 4 COLD HEART ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA
                          4 5 OVERPASS GRAFFITI ED SHEERAN
                          NE 6 FLOWERS (SAY MY NAME) ARRDEE
                          6 7 LOVE NWANTITI (AH AH AH) CKAY
                          7 8 HEAT WAVES GLASS ANIMALS
                          8 9 OBSESSED WITH YOU CENTRAL CEE
                          13 10 MY UNIVERSE COLDPLAY & BTS
                          11 11 MY HEART GOES (LA DI DA) BECKY HILL & TOPIC
                          10 12 MEET ME AT OUR SPOT ANXIETY/WILLOW/TYLER COLE
                          12 13 THATS WHAT I WANT LIL NAS X
                          15 14 TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD EWAN MCVICAR
                          19 15 BETTER DAYS DERMOT KENNEDY
                          14 16 WOMAN DOJA CAT
                          NE 17 ESCAPE PLAN TRAVIS SCOTT
                          26 18 DRIVE CLEAN BANDIT/TOPIC/WES NELSON
                          20 19 COMING FOR YOU SWITCHOTR FT A1 & J1
                          NE 20 NO LOVE SUMMER WALKER & SZA
                          ©2021 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34394/

08 November 2021
                            ABBA heading for 10th UK Number 1 album as Voyage sets sail for dominance on Official Album Chart

Voyage could be on track for the biggest first-week sales of the year. Plus new entries from Radiohead, James Arthur and Diana Ross.
                            By George Griffiths
                            ABBA are setting course for dominance this week as Voyage sails straight towards Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart.

Currently outselling the rest of the Top 40 combined with 118,000 chart sales over the weekend, Voyage will be ABBA’s 10th UK Number 1 album, and their first studio album to top the UK charts in 40 years.

Voyage is on its way to being the fastest-selling album of the year so far, already scooping the fastest-selling physical release and biggest first-week pure sales (physical and digital) of 2021 so far. If the collection manages to eclipse the first-week sales of Ed Sheeran’s latest offering Equals (139,000), ABBA’s Voyage will become the biggest opening week for an album in over four years.

ABBA’s last stint at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart came in 2008 when Gold returned to the top for two weeks – but it has been 40 years since their last studio album The Visitors made a Number 1 debut in December 1981.
                            MORE: ABBA’s Official Charts history in full.

Elsewhere in a jam-packed Top 10, Ed Sheeran’s reigning chart-topper Equals is at Number 2, while Radiohead eye a Number 3 debut with Kid A Mnesia, a composite anniversary re-issue of previous chart-toppers Kid A (2000) and Amnesiac (2001).

James Arthur could score his fourth Top 10 record, with It’ll All Make Sense In The End currently at Number 4. James will be this week’s guest on The Record Club where he will discuss the album and answer fans’ questions.

US R&B singer Summer Walker’s second album Still Over It could become her highest-peaking project in the UK so far, at Number 5 midweek, and at Number 6, pop legend Diana Ross’ new album Thank You could be her first Top 10 album since 1995’s Take Me Higher.

Jazz singer Gregory Porter’s greatest hits Still Rising - The Collection is at Number 7 midweek, while Bullet For My Valentine’s self-titled seventh record is tracking to debut at Number 8. Lana Del Rey’s Blue Banisters could climb 11 places to Number 10 following a new vinyl release, previously peaking at Number 2.

Outside of the Top 10, Dave’s second studio album We’re All Alone In This Together (13) is up 15 places midweek, and there are further new entries from Blackpool rockers Jethro Tull with Benefit (18), Rina Sawayama’s 2020 debut album Sawayama (24) which could enter the chart for the first time thanks to a vinyl re-issue, and Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats’ third album The Future (26).

Erasure’s 30th anniversary re-issue of I Say I Say I Say is tracking to land at Number 27, while Garbage’s greatest hits Sweet Garbage is heading for Number 29. US alt-rocker Snail Mail’s Valentine is currently at Number 31, potentially her first-ever UK chart entry.

Scottish rockers Wet Wet Wet are eyeing up the Top 40 with The Journey at 32, and finally, Gary Numan’s The Singles Collection 1978-1983 is on course to enter at Number 37.

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
                            View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update

Article Image: Baillie Walsh

Comment

• ^ the Garbage release is Beautiful Garbage and is a 20th AE. It's not their greatest hits Absolute Garbage.

Jethro Tull is a 50th AE (a year late).

I can't find a corresponding UK release date for the Lana vinyl. Was it just shipped late? She already made #1 on the vinyl albums chart on the week of release.
                              Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 8, 2021, 17:11.

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                                Source: OCC
                                Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (24,522)
                                2 Adele - Easy On Me (23,885)
                                3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (19,572)
                                4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (19,238)
                                5 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) (12,422) *

6-10
                                10 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe

11-20
                                14 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                                16 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming For You
                                18 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                                19 Travis Scott - Escape Plan *

21-30
                                21 Summer Walker & SZA - No Love *
                                22 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish
                                23 Post Malone & The Weeknd - One Right Now *
                                26 ARZ - Alone With You
                                27 Travis Scott - Mafia *
                                28 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                                29 Summer Walker & Cardi B - Bitter *

31-40
                                32 ABBA - Don't Shut Me Down ^
                                33 Summer Walker, JT & City Girls - Ex For A Reason *
                                36 Little Mix - Between Us *
                                38 ABBA - I Still Have Faith In You ^

Top 100 Albums

1 ABBA - Voyage (117,974) *
                                2 Ed Sheeran - = (19,841)
                                3 Radiohead - Kid A Mnesia (Kid A / Amnesiac (double deluxe)) (8,281) *
                                4 James Arthur - It'll All Make Sense In The End (8,233) *
                                5 Summer Walker - Still Over It (4,190) *

6-10
                                6 Diana Ross - Thank You *
                                7 Gregory Porter - Still Rising - The Collection *
                                8 Bullet For My Valentine - Bullet For My Valentine *
                                10 Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

11-20
                                13 Dave - We're All Alone In This Together
                                18 Jethro Tull - Benefit ^

21-30
                                24 Rina Sawayama - Sawayama *
                                26 Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - The Future *
                                27 Erasure - I Say I Say I Say ^
                                29 Garbage - Beautiful Garbage ^

31-40
                                31 Snail Mail - Valentine *
                                32 Wet Wet Wet - The Journey *
                                37 Gary Numan - The Singles Collection 1978- 983 [vinyl box set] *

Click on the above relevant links.
                                Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 8, 2021, 18:30.

Comment

• I found a Sawayama vinyl - but it's not meant to be out til the 26th!!

https://store.dirtyhit.co.uk/*/Rina-...yl/6YIA1657000

All the others i found came out last year.
                                  Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 8, 2021, 18:04.

Comment

• Top 5 sales now added above

Comment

• FLOP: Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers - Gold

Comment

• I guess, it's going to be hard for Snail Mail to hold on to top 40
                                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• By Midnight on Monday ABBA's 'Voyage' had sold 168,591 UK copies.

That's a rise of 50,617 from the Monday Mid Week Sale of 117,974,
                                          which was for UK Sales from Friday to Sunday..

So, it sold over 50,000 UK copies in 24 Hours. On Monday alone.

168 591 UK Sales Breakdown :

118,116 CDs
                                          28,206 LPs
                                          15,327 Downloads
                                          4,049 Cassettes
                                          2,893 Streaming

Zeus555

Comment

• I think there was just some missing data this weekend. 50K on Monday would be a huge jump from 118K spread over the 3 days prior.

That is the highest amount of Vinyls sold in a week this century, correct?

Official Charts stated Artic Monkey's had the record with 24.5k in March 2021.

Comment

• Someone must be working the nightshift at BuzzJack as this was posted after 2am this morning...

Tuesday Top 40 Update
                                              Missing Data: Amazon HDEL, Apple Music, Sainsburys, Spotify, YouTube (Monday)

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (32,834)
                                              2 Adele - Easy On Me (32,529)
                                              3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (26,357)
                                              4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (25,491)
                                              5 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (16,828)

6-10
                                              6 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) *

11-20
                                              11 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
                                              16 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You
                                              18 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                                              20 Travis Scott - ESCAPE PLAN *

21-30
                                              21 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish
                                              22 Summer Walker & SZA - No Love *
                                              23 Post Malone & The Weeknd - One Right Now *
                                              26 ARZ - Alone With You
                                              27 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                                              28 Travis Scott - MAFIA *

31-40
                                              32 Summer Walker & Cardi B - Bitter *
                                              35 ABBA - Don't Shut Me Down ^
                                              36 Summer Walker, JT & City Girls - Ex for a Reason *
                                              38 Little Mix - Between Us *

Albums

1 ABBA - Voyage (168,591) *
                                              2 Ed Sheeran - = (27,337)
                                              3 James Arthur - It'll All Make Sense in the End (10,345) *
                                              4 Radiohead - Kid A Mnesia (9,237) *
                                              5 Diana Ross - Thank You (5,556) *

6-10
                                              6 Summer Walker - Still Over It *
                                              7 Gregory Porter - Still Rising: The Collection *
                                              9 Bullet for My Valentine - Bullet for My Valentine *
                                              10 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits

11-20
                                              12 Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters
                                              16 Dave - We're All Alone In This Together
                                              19 Jethro Tull - Benefit *

21-30
                                              22 Queen - Greatest Hits
                                              26 Snail Mail - Valentine *
                                              28 Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - The Future *
                                              29 Erasure - I Say I Say I Say ^
                                              30 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

31-40
                                              31 Garbage - Beautiful Garbage ^
                                              32 Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA *

Comment

• That ABBA lead is just

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                                  Source: Music Week
                                                  Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (41,825)
                                                  2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (41,469)
                                                  3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (33,284)
                                                  4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (32,059)
                                                  5 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) (22,130) *

6-10

11-20
                                                  11 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
                                                  15 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming For You
                                                  17 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
                                                  18 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                                                  20 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish

21-30
                                                  21 Travis Scott - Escape Plan *
                                                  22 Post Malone & The Weeknd - One Right Now *
                                                  23 Summer Walker & SZA - No Love *
                                                  25 Arz - Alone With You
                                                  27 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
                                                  29 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

31-40
                                                  31 Travis Scott - Mafia *
                                                  32 Neiked, Mae Muller & Polo G - Better Days
                                                  35 Amaarae feat. Moliy - Sad Girlz Luv Money *
                                                  37 Justin Bieber - Ghost
                                                  38 Summer Walker, JT & City Girls - Ex For A Reason *
                                                  39 Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) - Smokin Out The Window *

Albums

1 ABBA - Voyage (181,712) *
                                                  2 Ed Sheeran - = (33,664)
                                                  3 James Arthur - It'll All Make Sense In The End (10,983) *
                                                  4 Radiohead - Kid A Mnesia (Kid A / Amnesiac) (9,637) *
                                                  5 Summer Walker - Still Over It (6,491) *

6-10
                                                  6 Diana Ross - Thank You (6,106) *
                                                  8 Gregory Porter - Still Rising - The Collection *
                                                  9 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits

11-20
                                                  11 Bullet For My Valentine - Bullet For My Valentine *
                                                  12 Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters
                                                  17 Dave - We're All Alone In This Together

21-30
                                                  21 Queen - Greatest Hits
                                                  24 Snail Mail - Valentine *
                                                  25 Jethro Tull - Benefit ^
                                                  28 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
                                                  30 The Script - Tales From The Script: Greatest Hits ^

31-40
                                                  33 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                                                  39 Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - The Future *
                                                  Last edited by Blondini; Wed November 10, 2021, 18:05.

Comment

• Can Abba clear 200,000 sales? They might just make it, depending on how many pre-orders are still to ship (there were some delays earlier in the week).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X