No announcement yet.

UK OCC Charts Midweeks Thread: 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I spot Ed Sheeran at no.4 on his third week.
    1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

Comment

• A third week in the top 4 for ED - slaying with this amazing record.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• So yes, i checked an hour ago and just after BuzzJack stated there was no MW report, Music Week went ahead and posted it!
        So that's two of us looking like idiots!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          A third week in the top 4 for ED - slaying with this amazing record.
          It's doing fine but slaying is a bit much.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            A third week in the top 4 for ED - slaying with this amazing record.
            Yeah and pulling 60k with a nine year old re-recorded album is a low number. Make it make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
              Thursday Top 40 Update
              Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Wednesday), Amazon Home Delivery (for Tuesday)

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (51.1k)
              2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (50.1k)
              3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (40.3k)
              4 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (38.9k)
              5 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) (27.7k) *

6-10

11-20
              12 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
              14 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming For You
              17 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
              18 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
              19 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish

21-30
              21 Post Malone & The Weeknd - One Right Now *
              22 Travis Scott - Escape Plan *
              23 Summer Walker & SZA - No Love *
              24 Arz - Alone With You
              27 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
              29 Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) - Smokin Out The Window *
              30 Neiked, Mae Muller & Polo G - Better Days

31-40
              31 Amaarae feat. Moliy - Sad Girlz Luv Money *
              36 Justin Bieber - Ghost
              38 Travis Scott - Mafia *
              39 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 ABBA - Voyage (190.2k) *
              2 Ed Sheeran - = (39.2k)
              3 James Arthur - It'll All Make Sense In The End (11.9k) *
              4 Radiohead - Kid A Mnesia (Kid A / Amnesiac) (10.0k) *
              5 Summer Walker - Still Over It (7.5k) *

6-10
              6 Diana Ross - Thank You *
              8 Gregory Porter - Still Rising - The Collection *
              9 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits

11-20
              11 Bullet For My Valentine - Bullet For My Valentine *
              14 Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters
              19 Dave - We're All Alone In This Together

21-30
              21 Queen - Greatest Hits
              25 Christmas - Christmas * (?!?!?!)
              26 Snail Mail - Valentine *
              27 Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
              28 The Script - Tales Fom The Script: Greatest Hits ^

31-40
              31 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
              32 Jethro Tull - Benefit ^
              33 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
              any idea what 34-40 are on the albums. Also, are sales numbers ever given for entries outside top 5 albums

Comment

• ^ No and yes. Sometimes a notable act outside the top 5 of singles or albums is mentioned in sales reports.

Please don't quote entire lists, it makes the forums look messy. You didn't actually need to quote anything to ask that question. And you quoted last Thursday's chart so what does it matter when you've seen the official Friday chart?

Comment

• Thursday Top 40 Update
                  Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (48.5k)
                  2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (43.4k)
                  3 Taylor Swift - All Too Well (Taylor's Version) (43.0k) *
                  4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (36.0k)
                  5 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name) (26.9k)

6-10
                  10 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You

11-20
                  11 Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) - Smokin Out The Window
                  12 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
                  17 Taylor Swift - State Of Grace (Taylor's Version) *
                  20 Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) *

21-30
                  24 Juice Wrld - Already Dead *
                  25 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It

31-40
                  31 Little Mix - No *
                  32 Justin Bieber - Ghost
                  36 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - OUT OUT

Albums

1 Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) (67.6k) *
                  2 ABBA - Voyage (37.5k)
                  3 Little Mix - Between Us (31.0k) *
                  4 Ed Sheeran - = (27.7k)
                  5 Rod Stewart - The Tears Of Hercules (18.8k) *

6-10
                  6 Damon Albarn - The Nearer The Fountain, More Pure The Stream Flows *
                  7 The Wanted - Most Wanted: The Greatest Hits *
                  8 Idles - Crawler *
                  9 Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) - An Evening With Silk Sonic *
                  10 Kylie - Disco ^

11-20
                  11 The Reytons - Kids Off The Estate *
                  13 Ronan Keating - Songs From Home *
                  16 Nirvana - Nevermind ^

21-30
                  22 Adele - 21
                  28 Courtney Barnett - Things Take Time, Take Time *

31-40
                  31 Red Rum Club - How To Steal The World *
                  39 Adele - 19 ^

Comment

• There's now a third version of All Too Well - just a lowkey piano version of the 10 minute. Plus a live acoustic version of the 10 minute.
                    Last edited by Blondini; Thu November 18, 2021, 17:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                      There's now a third version of All Too Well - just a lowkey piano version of the 10 minute. Plus a live acoustic version of the 10 minute.
                      They are trying to make sure she have a TOP 3 Hit in UK and probably also another #01 Hit in US (and TOP 10 or TOP 40 in other European countries where she doesn't have a hit for years).

This time they are playing almost all the cards they have to make sure Taylor Swift breaks a few more records of consecutive #01 albums and gets a few more hits. This re-recording may even do better than her latest studio album (on charts and sales). She isn't that young anymore and these re-recording are gold for her and her chart stats.

Comment

• It looks like Taylor Swift song is being a huge hit on Spotify and iTunes on english speaking countries.

In France the song is not even on Spotify TOP 200 and on most other world countries is out of Spotify TOP 40 (in most countries is even bellow #60).
                        In Italy (another big market in Europe) it's at #161 and in Japan is at #119.

The only countries where Taylor is at #01 on Spotify are US and Canada that together account for over 40% of world daily streams for the song (but these 2 countries Spotify Global Market is 21% according to latest data).

In UK her song is strong at #03 on Spotify (and is also at #02 in Australia and Ireland).

These 5 countries account for over 3 billion of Taylor song streams on global spotify for yesterday so that's over 50% of all the song global streams (she got 5,926B globally yesterday).

I'm still a bit surprised how she is have been able to grow in UK so much lately (streaming and chartswise - as album sales are usually low and would be again without those "30k signed albums").

Most of her US streams for other tracks account for over 50% Taylor Swift Global Spotify streams (incuding other versions of "All Too Well"). Looking at this I believe that the new version that was released was to make sure the song will go #01 on Billboard US Hot 100.
                        Last edited by MadNuno; Fri November 19, 2021, 13:04.

Comment

• When OCC announce the album charts later today, can anyone let me know what this weeks sales numbers for a couple of old but established artists…The Beatles Let It be and Elvis Presley’s Back in Nashville. Not expecting big numbers at all, but just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by emjel View Post
                            When OCC announce the album charts later today, can anyone let me know what this weeks sales numbers for a couple of old but established artists…The Beatles Let It be and Elvis Presley’s Back in Nashville. Not expecting big numbers at all, but just curious.
                            'Back In Nashville' (#63) sold 1,971. 'Let It Be' is at #61 so will have sold about 2,000.

Comment

• Posted at BuzzJack, Friday sales for '30' by Adele:

Physical: 86K

Digital: 26K

I assume digital is downloads as streaming data usually takes an extra 24 hours to be reflected in the midweeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                Posted at BuzzJack, Friday sales for '30' by Adele:

Physical: 86K

Digital: 26K

I assume digital is downloads as streaming data usually takes an extra 24 hours to be reflected in the midweeks.
                                I assume those numbers include pre-orders? If so, kinda disappointing, no?
                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

I assume those numbers include pre-orders? If so, kinda disappointing, no?
                                  There's a couple of posts at BuzzJack which say that there are still a number of pre-orders to be sent out. If so, they won't be included in Friday's sales figure.

Comment

• Imagine pre-ordering something and then other people being able to walk into a shop and pick it up before you
                                    1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                      Imagine pre-ordering something and then other people being able to walk into a shop and pick it up before you
                                      actually it happens all the time with me, as it takes ages to get the package from US/UK. It always comes when the album is already in shops in Poland
                                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34466/

21 November 2021
                                        Adele in three-way battle with herself for Number 1 on Official Singles Chart

Three tracks from 30 are vying with each other for the top spot. Plus new entries from Anne-Marie & Niall Horan and D-Block Europe feat. Central Cee.
                                        By George Griffiths
                                        Adele is currently in a three-way battle with herself for Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart. Following the blockbuster release of her fourth album 30 on Friday, a trio of tracks from the record are currently taking up all three top spots of the chart.

As it stands, current chart-topper Easy On Me is on track for a sixth-consecutive week at Number 1. It would become her longest-running Number 1 single in the UK, overtaking Someone Like You.

Although Easy On Me has tough competition to secure its place at the top. Two of the most popular album tracks from 30 are currently in second and third place for the battle; with Oh My God at Number 3 and My Little Love (an ode to Adele's son Angelo) at Number 3.

Niall Horan and Anne-Marie’s official Children in Need 2021 single Everywhere, a cover of the classic Fleetwood Mac song, could also be another new entry in the Top 10, currently at Number 6. A final new entry in the Top 10 on Friday could be courtesy of British hip-hop collective D-Block Europe with new single Overseas featuring Central Cee at Number 10.

Outside the Top 10, Scottish DJ Ewan McVicar could reach a new peak with his single Tell Me Something Good, which is track to jump up to Number 14, which would be a career-best. US DJ Acraze is also eyeing up a new peak too - his single Do It To It with girl group Cherish could bounce eight places to break into the Top 20 for the first time at Number 16.

The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm. Follow the Top 40 countdown live on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart show with Scott Mills.
                                        Official Chart First Look Top 20 - November 21, 2021
                                        LW CURRENT TITLE ARTIST
                                        1 1 EASY ON ME ADELE
                                        NEW 2 OH MY GOD ADELE
                                        NEW 3 MY LITTLE LOVE ADELE
                                        2 4 SHIVERS ED SHEERAN
                                        4 5 BAD HABITS ED SHEERAN
                                        NEW 6 EVERYWHERE (BBC CHILDREN IN NEED) ANNE-MARIE & NIALL HORAN
                                        3 7 ALL TOO WELL (TAYLOR'S VERSION) TAYLOR SWIFT
                                        6 8 OVERPASS GRAFFITI ED SHEERAN
                                        5 9 FLOWERS (SAY MY NAME) ARRDEE
                                        NEW 10 OVERSEAS D-BLOCK EUROPE/CENTRAL CEE
                                        8 11 COLD HEART ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA
                                        9 12 SEVENTEEN GOING UNDER SAM FENDER
                                        10 13 COMING FOR YOU SWITCHOTR FT A1 & J1
                                        15 14 TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD EWAN MCVICAR
                                        17 15 MY UNIVERSE COLDPLAY & BTS
                                        24 16 DO IT TO IT ACRAZE FT CHERISH
                                        11 17 OBSESSED WITH YOU CENTRAL CEE
                                        14 18 MEET ME AT OUR SPOT ANXIETY/WILLOW/TYLER COLE
                                        23 19 BETTER DAYS DERMOT KENNEDY
                                        20 20 I WISH JOEL CORRY FT MABEL
                                        ©2021 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

Comment

• I'm guessing that under the old rules Adele would have the entire top 12 on the Singles chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                            I'm guessing that under the old rules Adele would have the entire top 12 on the Singles chart.
                                            Nah
                                            shivers is number 5 on uk Spotify and probably will be number three tomorrow, and maybe even go up to 2 by the end of the week.
                                            but she does genuinely have the top three songs.

Comment

• Adele 167k - 7 new in top ten, Taylor down to 10

says BuzzJack

Comment

• OCC are late putting their article up! But BuzzJack has the deets:

Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                                                Source: OCC
                                                Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Sunday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (35.9k)
                                                2 Adele - Oh My God (20.0k) *
                                                3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (19.4k)
                                                4 Adele - I Drink Wine (17.8k) *
                                                5 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (16.0k)

6-10
                                                9 D-Block Europe feat. Central Cee - Overseas *

11-20
                                                12 Niall Horan & Anne-Marie - Everywhere *
                                                14 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
                                                15 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It
                                                19 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish

21-30
                                                21 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                                                22 D-Block Europe - No Competition
                                                23 Gayle - ABCDEFU
                                                25 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You ^
                                                26 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
                                                28 Wham! - Last Christmas

31-40
                                                31 Justin Bieber - Ghost
                                                33 D-Block Europe - Funny Bunny Nails *

Top 100 Albums

1 Adele - 30 (166.9k) *
                                                2 Oasis - Knebworth 1996 (live) (20.9k) *
                                                3 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise The Roof (14.6k) *
                                                4 Ed Sheeran - = (14.2k)
                                                5 ABBA - Voyage (13.5k)

6-10
                                                6 Elbow - Flying Dream 1 *
                                                7 James Blunt - The Stars Beneath My Feet (2004-2021) *
                                                8 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts *
                                                9 D-Block Europe - Home Alone 2 *

11-20
                                                11 The Darkness - Motorheart *
                                                13 Andre Rieu & His Johann Strauss Orchestra - Happy Together *
                                                16 Sting - The Bridge *
                                                17 The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Motown with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (A Symphony Of Soul) *
                                                18 Michael Bublé - Christmas ^

21-30
                                                21 Twenty One Pilots - Scaled and Icy ^

31-40
                                                31 U2 - Achtung Baby ^
                                                34 Jamie Cullum - The Pianoman At Christmas ^
                                                37 Adele - 19 ^
                                                39 Oasis - Time Flies... 1994-2009 ^

Click on the above relevant links.
                                                Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 22, 2021, 17:49.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SALES UPDATE ABOVE

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...mber-1__34467/

22 November 2021
                                                  Adele currently outselling rest of the Top 40 combined as 30 heads for Official Albums Chart Number 1

Can 30 triumph over ABBA's Voyage to become the fastest-selling album of the year? Also further new entries from Oasis, Robert Plant & Alison Kraus and Elbow.
                                                  By George Griffiths
                                                  Adele’s 30 has made a massive first impact on the Official Albums Chart - currently outperforming the rest of the Top 40 combined on its journey towards Number 1.

As it currently stands at the midweek mark, 30 has logged 167,000 chart sales. The superstar’s fourth studio album has its sights set on the biggest opening week of 2021 so far, currently held by ABBA’s Voyage with first-week chart sales of 204,000.

The release of 30 is also impacting on the Official Singles Chart, with three tracks from the album vying for Number 1.

Elsewhere in the Top 10, Oasis’ live recording of their historic Knebworth 1996 gig looks set for a Number 2 debut. The band’s greatest hits Time Flies 1994-2009 also gets a boost, currently up six to Number 39. Rock icon Robert Plant and bluegrass singer-songwriter Alison Kraus also eye up a new entry at Number 3 with Raise The Roof, their second collaborative album.
                                                  MORE: Adele's Official Charts history in full

At Number 6, Elbow could be another new entry with Flying Dream 1, which could net the band their eighth UK Top 10 album. Further possible new entries in this week’s Top 10 include James Blunt, currently at Number 7 with greatest hits collection The Stars Beneath My Feet (2004-2021). The musician will discuss the album on this week’s episode of The Record Club in association with Bowers & Wilkins, our livestream series with Record Store Day and National Album Day.

Meanwhile, Bruce Springsteen’s live album The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts is at Number 8, and rap collective D-Block Europe start at Number 9 with their new mixtape Home Alone 2.

Outside the Top 10, glam rockers The Darkness eye up a Number 11 debut with Motorheart, while Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra join forces for Happy Together which is currently pacing to enter at Number 13. Sting could also gain his 21st Top 40 album in the UK with The Bridge at Number 16, while the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’s classical take on Motown - A Symphony of Soul could debut at Number 17, their highest-charting collection as a solo entity since 2004.
                                                  MORE: The Christmas songs of 2021 hoping to become modern classics

And it looks like Christmas is well and truly coming to the Official Albums Chart - heralded by the re-entry of Michael Buble’s classic Christmas covers album, currently up 38 places to Number 18 following a 10th anniversary reissue, while Jamie Cullum’s The Pianoman at Christmas could be a re-entry at Number 34 following a deluxe edition release.

US duo TwentyOne Pilots’ third record Scaled and Icy could re-enter the chart this week at Number 21 thanks to its vinyl release - it previously peaked at Number 3 earlier this year. And finally, U2’s ninth record Achtung Baby is also looking to re-enter the chart thanks to its 30th anniversary boxset release. Currently at Number 31, it originally peaked at Number 2 in 1991.

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
                                                  View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update

Comment

• We seem to have a double case of duet releases being credited backwards this week.

For some reason Anne-Marie is credited first by OCC on the Children In Need single when it's actually Niall who is credited first on the actual release. https://open.spotify.com/album/6oR3FdaFqFAUJtQBQ0Lm3I

On some listings Alison Krauss is credited first on the album but on the actual release Robert Plant is credited first (and OCC have followed suit - i had to correct the BuzzJack listing for both these releases).

Note the random new Amazon festive songs that appear in the top 100 again https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart-update/
                                                    Expect a new version of Taylor's Christmas Tree Farm from Amazon Music to cause that to re-enter from tomorrow.
                                                    Last edited by Blondini; Mon November 22, 2021, 18:01.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X