X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    I think Adele could remain at #1 on the singles chart for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm curious about her second week album sales too. I had thought she might do over 100k+ but posters at BuzzJack are guessing 40k, 50k etc at the most.
    Not so sure she will remain so long at #01 as "All I Want For Christmas Is You" and "Last Christmas" are already #02 and #03 on UK Spotify daily chart. "Shivers" remains at #04 in both Spotify and iTunes.

I'm betting on 50k to 70k for second week as well but I can be wrong. Her album tracks daily spotify streams are having big drops every day (including "Easy On Me").
    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun November 28, 2021, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Shuffle is working for me on Spotify on '30'. Maybe it was just turned off for a day or two?
    Still off for me and I have the latest version of the app. If you’ve put 30 in a playlist it’ll shuffle.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
    Today "Cold Heart" rised to #01 on UK iTunes again and "Easy on Me" having about 10% more sales.
    "Cold Heart" also have still have a remix at #50 and another at #54.

On Spotify UK "Cold Heart" is #06 while "Easy on Me" is #01 with twice the sales.

Adele ad for "30" is showned to me on Spotify UK once an hour!!!!

It all points to Adele to have another week at #01 on the singles charts... at least on the first mid-weeks.

I'm curious to see her album numbers for second week.
    I think Adele could remain at #1 on the singles chart for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm curious about her second week album sales too. I had thought she might do over 100k+ but posters at BuzzJack are guessing 40k, 50k etc at the most.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Today "Cold Heart" rised to #01 on UK iTunes again and "Easy on Me" having about 10% more sales.
    "Cold Heart" also have still have a remix at #50 and another at #54.

On Spotify UK "Cold Heart" is #06 while "Easy on Me" is #01 with twice the sales.

Adele ad for "30" is showned to me on Spotify UK once an hour!!!!

It all points to Adele to have another week at #01 on the singles charts... at least on the first mid-weeks.

I'm curious to see her album numbers for second week.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Shuffle is working for me on Spotify on '30'. Maybe it was just turned off for a day or two?
    oh no - we just had a barney for no reason!

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    I just don't see how it's outrageous for an artist to want to have their album listened to in the way an album is meant to be listened to. Track 1, track 2 etc
    Call me old fashioned.

Spotify is just a store. One artist out of billions disabling shuffle is a measly percentage of your subscription price. Unless you listen to Adele all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Charter2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    I've never shuffled an album in the 8 or 9 years i've had Spotify and Deezer. If i want to select certain songs i'll make them into a playlist. You can shuffle your own playlists, right?
    You can still shuffle albums, it's just not the default option anymore when hitting the play button. If you want to shuffle, you now need to press play or choose a track and after that decide to shuffle. So it's really not a big deal. Imo it never made sense to have shuffle as the default setting for albums anyway, it's just that Spotify basically introduced the play button as a "play in shuffle mode" button back then for everybody who wanted to listen in shuffle mode to playlists or artists (or albums). I think they intended that users who wanted to listen to the whole album/playlist just hit the first track while users who want to shuffle hit the play button. I never use the play button but for lots of users it seems to be normal to hit the button instead of tapping the first track so lots of these users probably listened in shuffle without wanting it. By the way they changed this for albums in general, not just "30".

Here's how the play buttons look now with playlists still having shuffle as the default but albums don't:

Last edited by Charter2000; Fri November 26, 2021, 20:21.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    If you don't have a paid account on spotify, doesn't it automatically shuffle everything rather than let you choose exactly which track you want to listen to? In which case how can that count towards sales?

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    I've never shuffled an album in the 8 or 9 years i've had Spotify and Deezer. If i want to select certain songs i'll make them into a playlist. You can shuffle your own playlists, right?
    I'm actually surprised she's the first artist that has done this. An artist can do whatever the hell they want with their own album. Unless you've bought it, you have no right to say they can't.
    I pay for the subscription, it's the same. There's no difference between streaming and sale these days and I kinda disagree with the statement bolded. I as a consumer can chose what to listen first, would you eat numbered M&Ms one after another just because they told you to?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    I'm actually surprised she's the first artist that has done this. An artist can do whatever the hell they want with their own album. Unless you've bought it, you have no right to say they can't.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by Lookingfornews81 View Post

Do you think? I really liked that actually. I can see it artistically is the only way, the album make so much more sense the way she "tracked it". I cannot listen to album in shuffle especially album i already new so i feel it must be the same for the new ones. to be listen the way it was intended.
    it's a limitation of freedom of listening, artist can not do that. MInd you, that some non-english listeners just enjoy the song without understanding the meaning (I do it when I turn off the translator in my head, it's an advantage of being not_english speaking person). Just imagine yourself, listening to the Polish artist's album when you like to listen it in a shuffle way (because you don't understand the lyrics) but you can not because someone said so.

Leave a comment:

• Lookingfornews81
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

I think if she won't put it on stream platforms as she did with 25, she could even top 500K mark. I also hate the fact that she asked Spotify to remove shuffle button from main album site. She's lost much in my eyes after that
    Do you think? I really liked that actually. I can see it artistically is the only way, the album make so much more sense the way she "tracked it". I cannot listen to album in shuffle especially album i already new so i feel it must be the same for the new ones. to be listen the way it was intended.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
    With all due respect, 250k is way lower than I thought. I was predicting 300-400k.
    I think if she won't put it on stream platforms as she did with 25, she could even top 500K mark. I also hate the fact that she asked Spotify to remove shuffle button from main album site. She's lost much in my eyes after that

Leave a comment:

• SerbianInLA
    replied
    With all due respect, 250k is way lower than I thought. I was predicting 300-400k.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    That's a shame, "my Little Love" is such unique track. It would really made the chart look much more diversed

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I Drink Wine overtook it on Monday!
    Oh thanks, thats interesting

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Isn't my little love the third track charting?
    I Drink Wine overtook it on Monday!

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Is "I Drink Wine" definitely looking like being the third new entry for Adele or are any of the other tracks within a shot of overtaking it?
    Isn't my little love the third track charting?

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Is "I Drink Wine" definitely looking like being the third new entry for Adele or are any of the other tracks within a shot of overtaking it?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Thursday Top 40 Update
    Missing Data: Amazon Home Delivery, Apple Music and Spotify (all for Wednesday) and YouTube (Tue and Wed)

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (76.2k)
    2 Adele - Oh My God (40.6k) *
    3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (38.8k)
    4 Adele - I Drink Wine (37.4k) *
    5 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (32.0k)

6-10
    8 D-Block Europe feat. Central Cee - Overseas *

11-20
    13 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It
    16 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe
    18 Gayle - ABCDEFU

21-30
    21 Niall Horan & Anne-Marie - Everywhere *
    22 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
    23 D-Block Europe - No Competition
    24 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You ^
    26 Wham! - Last Christmas
    30 Justin Bieber - Ghost

31-40
    35 D-Block Europe - Funny Bunny Nails *
    40 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Adele - 30 (233.5k) *
    2 Ed Sheeran - = (26.1k)
    3 Oasis - Knebworth 1996 (live) (25.0k) *
    4 ABBA - Voyage (24.2k)
    5 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise The Roof (18.8k) *

6-10
    6 Elbow - Flying Dream 1 *
    7 D-Block Europe - Home Alone 2 *
    8 James Blunt - The Stars Beneath My Feet (2004-2021) *
    10 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts *

11-20
    12 Andre Rieu & His Johann Strauss Orchestra - Happy Together *
    16 The Darkness - Motorheart *
    17 The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Motown with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (A Symphony Of Soul) *
    18 Michael Bublé - Christmas ^
    19 Adele - 21

21-30
    22 Sting - The Bridge *
    30 Adele - 19

31-40
    33 Twenty One Pilots - Scaled and Icy ^
    35 Harry Styles - Fine Line
    37 Oasis - Time Flies... 1994-2009 ^
    38 U2 - Achtung Baby ^
    39 Tom Grennan - Evering Road ^
    Last edited by Blondini; Thu November 25, 2021, 17:48.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

I do prefer to buy physical formats too (CDs, cassette or Vinyl) but I did bought Madonna "True Blue anniversary edition" and "Madame X Theater Experience" on iTunes as they are still not available on physical format.

I also use streaming as well but mostly to get to know songs - Spotify or Apple Music are my music store listening booth or "radio playlists". Sometimes I put them on instead of MTV or MCM and I believe many other people do the same as I do.
    Very occasionally i download from Amazon but it's been a while - obviously you get the instant rip if you purchase some CDs. It's been so long since i downloaded from iTunes and i can't be bothered coming up with another password to get into it. Streaming is a great resource for me to listen to music i wouldn't have been able to before and as i have limited money i can't buy everything i like (even when i had a job i couldn't!). And it's much easier to search for something on YouTube than it is to fish through all my CDs (thousands of singles!) to find something.

Leave a comment:

• brian05
    replied
    Poster at Buzzjack says 233,548 - Adele.

Should make 250k for the week.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied

The singles chart is fairly meaningless to anyone over 25. I (as a 47 - nearly 48 - year old) "refuse" to download any song now as i don't need to. But i buy physical albums on CD or cassette.
    oh wow, didn't know you are much older than I am (+10y.) I share the opinion that the older you are the less you care about new music, in other words, you are not that keen on finding new music. You are an exception

, I would defo care about singles chart, if there would be at least 1% chances for older acts to chart on decent positions. It's almost impossible, even for mosters like Madonna or Rolling Stones to have a singles chart hit these days
    Last edited by jszmiles; Thu November 25, 2021, 14:51.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied

Surely a number 1 album is something to celebrate. I personally only follow the albums chart as there's far more variety on it.
    Singles are now split into the kids who stream and the older obsessives who buy vinyl. The singles chart is fairly meaningless to anyone over 25. I (as a 47 - nearly 48 - year old) "refuse" to download any song now as i don't need to. But i buy physical albums on CD or cassette.
    I do prefer to buy physical formats too (CDs, cassette or Vinyl) but I did bought Madonna "True Blue anniversary edition" and "Madame X Theater Experience" on iTunes as they are still not available on physical format.

I also use streaming as well but mostly to get to know songs - Spotify or Apple Music are my music store listening booth or "radio playlists". Sometimes I put them on instead of MTV or MCM and I believe many other people do the same as I do.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Thu November 25, 2021, 12:51.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X