Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK OCC Charts Midweeks Thread: 2021

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is "I Drink Wine" definitely looking like being the third new entry for Adele or are any of the other tracks within a shot of overtaking it?
    1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
      Is "I Drink Wine" definitely looking like being the third new entry for Adele or are any of the other tracks within a shot of overtaking it?
      Isn't my little love the third track charting?
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

        Isn't my little love the third track charting?
        I Drink Wine overtook it on Monday!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Blondini View Post

          I Drink Wine overtook it on Monday!
          Oh thanks, thats interesting
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • That's a shame, "my Little Love" is such unique track. It would really made the chart look much more diversed
            KUBA'S CHART

            Comment


            • With all due respect, 250k is way lower than I thought. I was predicting 300-400k.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                With all due respect, 250k is way lower than I thought. I was predicting 300-400k.
                I think if she won't put it on stream platforms as she did with 25, she could even top 500K mark. I also hate the fact that she asked Spotify to remove shuffle button from main album site. She's lost much in my eyes after that
                KUBA'S CHART

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

                  I think if she won't put it on stream platforms as she did with 25, she could even top 500K mark. I also hate the fact that she asked Spotify to remove shuffle button from main album site. She's lost much in my eyes after that
                  Do you think? I really liked that actually. I can see it artistically is the only way, the album make so much more sense the way she "tracked it". I cannot listen to album in shuffle especially album i already new so i feel it must be the same for the new ones. to be listen the way it was intended.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lookingfornews81 View Post

                    Do you think? I really liked that actually. I can see it artistically is the only way, the album make so much more sense the way she "tracked it". I cannot listen to album in shuffle especially album i already new so i feel it must be the same for the new ones. to be listen the way it was intended.
                    it's a limitation of freedom of listening, artist can not do that. MInd you, that some non-english listeners just enjoy the song without understanding the meaning (I do it when I turn off the translator in my head, it's an advantage of being not_english speaking person). Just imagine yourself, listening to the Polish artist's album when you like to listen it in a shuffle way (because you don't understand the lyrics) but you can not because someone said so.
                    KUBA'S CHART

                    Comment


                    • I've never shuffled an album in the 8 or 9 years i've had Spotify and Deezer. If i want to select certain songs i'll make them into a playlist. You can shuffle your own playlists, right?
                      I'm actually surprised she's the first artist that has done this. An artist can do whatever the hell they want with their own album. Unless you've bought it, you have no right to say they can't.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                        I've never shuffled an album in the 8 or 9 years i've had Spotify and Deezer. If i want to select certain songs i'll make them into a playlist. You can shuffle your own playlists, right?
                        I'm actually surprised she's the first artist that has done this. An artist can do whatever the hell they want with their own album. Unless you've bought it, you have no right to say they can't.
                        I pay for the subscription, it's the same. There's no difference between streaming and sale these days and I kinda disagree with the statement bolded. I as a consumer can chose what to listen first, would you eat numbered M&Ms one after another just because they told you to?
                        KUBA'S CHART

                        Comment


                        • If you don't have a paid account on spotify, doesn't it automatically shuffle everything rather than let you choose exactly which track you want to listen to? In which case how can that count towards sales?
                          1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                            I've never shuffled an album in the 8 or 9 years i've had Spotify and Deezer. If i want to select certain songs i'll make them into a playlist. You can shuffle your own playlists, right?
                            You can still shuffle albums, it's just not the default option anymore when hitting the play button. If you want to shuffle, you now need to press play or choose a track and after that decide to shuffle. So it's really not a big deal. Imo it never made sense to have shuffle as the default setting for albums anyway, it's just that Spotify basically introduced the play button as a "play in shuffle mode" button back then for everybody who wanted to listen in shuffle mode to playlists or artists (or albums). I think they intended that users who wanted to listen to the whole album/playlist just hit the first track while users who want to shuffle hit the play button. I never use the play button but for lots of users it seems to be normal to hit the button instead of tapping the first track so lots of these users probably listened in shuffle without wanting it. By the way they changed this for albums in general, not just "30".

                            Here's how the play buttons look now with playlists still having shuffle as the default but albums don't:

                            Last edited by Charter2000; Fri November 26, 2021, 20:21.

                            Comment


                            • I just don't see how it's outrageous for an artist to want to have their album listened to in the way an album is meant to be listened to. Track 1, track 2 etc
                              Call me old fashioned.

                              Spotify is just a store. One artist out of billions disabling shuffle is a measly percentage of your subscription price. Unless you listen to Adele all the time.

                              Comment


                              • Shuffle is working for me on Spotify on '30'. Maybe it was just turned off for a day or two?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                  Shuffle is working for me on Spotify on '30'. Maybe it was just turned off for a day or two?
                                  oh no - we just had a barney for no reason!

                                  Comment


                                  • Today "Cold Heart" rised to #01 on UK iTunes again and "Easy on Me" having about 10% more sales.
                                    "Cold Heart" also have still have a remix at #50 and another at #54.

                                    On Spotify UK "Cold Heart" is #06 while "Easy on Me" is #01 with twice the sales.

                                    Adele ad for "30" is showned to me on Spotify UK once an hour!!!!

                                    It all points to Adele to have another week at #01 on the singles charts... at least on the first mid-weeks.

                                    I'm curious to see her album numbers for second week.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
                                      Today "Cold Heart" rised to #01 on UK iTunes again and "Easy on Me" having about 10% more sales.
                                      "Cold Heart" also have still have a remix at #50 and another at #54.

                                      On Spotify UK "Cold Heart" is #06 while "Easy on Me" is #01 with twice the sales.

                                      Adele ad for "30" is showned to me on Spotify UK once an hour!!!!

                                      It all points to Adele to have another week at #01 on the singles charts... at least on the first mid-weeks.

                                      I'm curious to see her album numbers for second week.
                                      I think Adele could remain at #1 on the singles chart for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm curious about her second week album sales too. I had thought she might do over 100k+ but posters at BuzzJack are guessing 40k, 50k etc at the most.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                        Shuffle is working for me on Spotify on '30'. Maybe it was just turned off for a day or two?
                                        Still off for me and I have the latest version of the app. If you’ve put 30 in a playlist it’ll shuffle.
                                        Bleep Bloop Blop

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                          I think Adele could remain at #1 on the singles chart for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm curious about her second week album sales too. I had thought she might do over 100k+ but posters at BuzzJack are guessing 40k, 50k etc at the most.
                                          Not so sure she will remain so long at #01 as "All I Want For Christmas Is You" and "Last Christmas" are already #02 and #03 on UK Spotify daily chart. "Shivers" remains at #04 in both Spotify and iTunes.

                                          I'm betting on 50k to 70k for second week as well but I can be wrong. Her album tracks daily spotify streams are having big drops every day (including "Easy On Me").
                                          Last edited by MadNuno; Sun November 28, 2021, 14:50.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                            Still off for me and I have the latest version of the app. If you’ve put 30 in a playlist it’ll shuffle.
                                            It's still allowing me to shuffle. I'm using the Windows Store desktop computer app version on my computers. I've just checked on my mobile and I can't find the shuffle feature for any album though it is there for playlists.

                                            Comment


                                            • https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-name-__34556/


                                              28 November 2021
                                              Adele’s Easy On Me battling for seventh week at Number 1 as ArrDee eyes new peak with Flowers (Say My Name)

                                              Plus Christmas classics by Mariah Carey and Wham! could also re-enter the Top 10 this Friday
                                              By George Griffiths
                                              Adele’s Easy On Me is battling for a seventh week at Number 1. Last week, it became her longest-running UK chart-topping single, overtaking Someone Like You and in our First Look update, Easy On Me looks set for another week at the top - its nearest competition is naturally Adele herself with I Drink Wine, which could vault two places to a new peak of Number 2.

                                              Brighton rapper ArrDee is also eyeing up a new peak on the Official Singles Chart. As it stands, Flowers (Say My Name) could jump four places to Number 3. It would be a new high for the track, as well as ArrDee’s highest-ever peak on the chart so far.



                                              With the start of December fast approaching, it also looks like Christmas classics by Mariah Carey and Wham! are about to re-enter the Top 10 for the first time this year. Currently, All I Want For Christmas Is You looks set to vault 18 spots to Number 6, while Last Christmas is up 19 to Number 9. Last year, both festive classics topped the Official Singles Chart for the first time since their respective releases in 1994 and 1984.

                                              Sam Fender’s Seventeen Going Under could also continue to rise to a new peak on the Official Singles Chart. It’s currently tracking to rise two places to Number 7, which would make it Sam’s highest placement on the singles chart to date. Previously, the track became his first-ever to crack the Top 10.

                                              Outside the Top 10, two more festive classics also look set to re-enter the Top 20 for the first time this year. Shakin’ Stevens could rise 33 to Number 19, while The Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl’s Fairytale of New York is currently looking to jump 24 places to Number 20.

                                              The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm. Follow the Top 40 countdown live on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart show with Scott Mills.
                                              Official Chart First Look Top 20 - November 28, 2021
                                              LW CURRENT TITLE ARTIST
                                              1 1 EASY ON ME ADELE
                                              4 2 I DRINK WINE ADELE
                                              7 3 FLOWERS (SAY MY NAME) ARRDEE
                                              2 4 OH MY GOD ADELE
                                              10 5 OVERPASS GRAFFITI ED SHEERAN
                                              24 6 ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU MARIAH CAREY
                                              9 7 SEVENTEEN GOING UNDER SAM FENDER
                                              14 8 ABCDEFU GAYLE
                                              28 9 LAST CHRISTMAS WHAM
                                              3 10 SHIVERS ED SHEERAN
                                              12 11 COLD HEART ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA
                                              11 12 COMING FOR YOU SWITCHOTR FT A1 & J1
                                              6 13 ALL TOO WELL (TAYLOR'S VERSION) TAYLOR SWIFT
                                              13 14 DO IT TO IT ACRAZE FT CHERISH
                                              16 15 TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD EWAN MCVICAR
                                              8 16 OVERSEAS D-BLOCK EUROPE FT CENTRAL CEE
                                              5 17 BAD HABITS ED SHEERAN
                                              19 18 MY UNIVERSE COLDPLAY & BTS
                                              52 19 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE SHAKIN' STEVENS
                                              44 20 FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK POGUES FT KIRSTY MACCOLL
                                              2021 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

                                              Comment


                                              • It's not even the end of November and we have 4 Christmas songs in the top 20 already.

                                                Comment


                                                • I wonder if anything will add to Wham and Mariah and become late chart toppers, or whether these two are always destined to be the biggest hits of the festive bunch. I know the Pogues always seemed to give Mariah a run for her money, but it's been Wham in more recent years.
                                                  1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                                                    It's not even the end of November and we have 4 Christmas songs in the top 20 already.
                                                    they started promoting Christmas very early this year, with the panic over supplies in shops. So many people have already done their Christmas shopping, advertisers began pushing things early (the John Lewis ad was released ten days before originally scheduled).

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X