X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo
    replied
    NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• enJ0Yable
    replied
    Merry Christmas will most likely be #1, it has a lead of around 200k Spotify stream on Last Christmas. abcdefu will end somewhere around #6-#10, depending on how big today's streams will be...

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Not a single update during this week? For last week of the year never have info until the official chart is out.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by Thombus View Post
    Abcdefu is a monster waiting in the wings I think. It's not that clever as a song and sounds straight out of Olivia Rodrigo / Billie Elish's repertoire, but I suppose that's the theme of the yoof for the time being.
    indeed it's stupid, but far more catchier than everything Olivia did. Billie is in a different league, c'mon.

Still hate myself for liking that song

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    Don't forget Adele is on ACR so officially she'll be below Gayle (even though in actuality she is above). Merry Christmas will probably officially return to no.1 while both Wham and Mariah Carey are above them in actuality.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by enJ0Yable View Post
    Somehow I'm not going with the prediction of Alan Jones that GAYLE's abcdefu will be #1 this week after seeing the HUGE Spotify streaming numbers for Boxing Day.

After four chart days both Last Christmas and Merry Christmas have amassed around 2.2 million Spotify streams (ACR already included in Last Christmas' tally), while abcdefu as the biggest non-Christmas rival only gained 890k. It will have to make over 400k streams over the next three days (or a really high amount of downloads) to be anywhere near #1, which i consider as impossible.

So my prediction is that one of the two Christmas titles will be the upcoming chart leader...
    Streaming points for Christmas songs were huge during the weekend since 24 was Friday. Plus on iTunes "Merry Christmas" today is still far ahead at #01 while remains #14 on Spotify and so far this week have had more twice the streams of "abcdefu". This week it's most likely that "Merry Christmas" will return to #01.

Also Adele "Easy On Me" is still ahead of GAYLE in both sales and streaming so far until now during this week.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Tue December 28, 2021, 23:47.

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    Abcdefu is a monster waiting in the wings I think. It's not that clever as a song and sounds straight out of Olivia Rodrigo / Billie Elish's repertoire, but I suppose that's the theme of the yoof for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• enJ0Yable
    replied
    Somehow I'm not going with the prediction of Alan Jones that GAYLE's abcdefu will be #1 this week after seeing the HUGE Spotify streaming numbers for Boxing Day.

After four chart days both Last Christmas and Merry Christmas have amassed around 2.2 million Spotify streams (ACR already included in Last Christmas' tally), while abcdefu as the biggest non-Christmas rival only gained 890k. It will have to make over 400k streams over the next three days (or a really high amount of downloads) to be anywhere near #1, which i consider as impossible.

So my prediction is that one of the two Christmas titles will be the upcoming chart leader...

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Yes. It's a shame. And for some reason BuzzJack can get away with posting the F Word in full. Which is why Robbie's copy n paste comes up like that on here.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Thanks for that info!

Guess that the #01 in both singles and albums charts is more than decided already. Never though Lad would cross 100K! Probably will even cross 100k pure sales! Kind of amazing but being a charity song and having Ed Sheeran and Elton John on board does help.

Was expecting The Kunts to still be TOP 5... hope they can be at least TOP 10 on Friday.

Adele album will end up over 40k or 50k, Ed Sheran album over 30k and ABBA album over 20k.
    Not bad sales compared to these past couple of years I guess, especially being albums all released over a month and half ago.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Wed December 22, 2021, 21:17.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Wednesday Top 40 ONLY Update
    Source: Music Week
    Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 LadBaby feat. Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Sausage Rolls for Everyone (107,079) [90,312 downloads, 4,896 physical] *
    2 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas (55,479)
    3 Wham! - Last Christmas (36,504)
    4 Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You (35,408)
    5 GAYLE - abcdefu (25,008)

6-10
    6 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York
    7 George Ezra - Come On Home for Christmas
    10 The Kunts - Boris Johnson is STILL a ******* C**t *

11-20
    12 Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas
    15 Andy Williams - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
    16 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
    17 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
    19 Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree

21-30
    21 Leona Lewis - One More Sleep
    22 Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
    23 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
    24 Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
    25 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song
    28 John Lennon, Yoko Ono & the Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
    29 The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride

31-40
    32 Camila Cabello - I'll Be Home for Christmas *
    34 Michael Bublé - Holly Jolly Christmas
    35 José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad
    36 Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! ^
    38 Kelly Clarkson & Ariana Grande - Santa, Can't You Hear Me *
    40 Justin Bieber - Mistletoe ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Adele - 30 (46,165) [40,729 physicals]
    2 Ed Sheeran - = (28,847)
    3 ABBA - Voyage (19,024)
    4 Michael Bublé - Christmas (10,787)
    5 Andre Rieu & Johann Strauss Orchestra - Happy Together (7,136)

6-10
    6 Rod Stewart - The Tears of Hercules
    8 Westlife - Wild Dreams
    9 Coldplay - Music of the Spheres
    10 Little Mix - Between Us

11-20
    11 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise the Roof
    12 Gary Barlow - The Dream of Christmas
    14 Queen - Greatest Hits
    15 Oasis - Knebworth 1996
    17 James Blunt - The Stars Beneath My Feet (2004 - 2021)
    19 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
    20 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

21-30
    22 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
    25 Nirvana - Nevermind
    28 Bo Burnham - Inside (The Songs) ^

31-40
    34 Roddy Ricch - Live Life Fast *
    36 Jamie Cullum - The Pianoman at Christmas ^
    38 Amy Winehouse - Back to Black ^
    40 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together at Christmas ^

NO OTHER SALES INFO

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Is Ed Sheerans “the joker and the queen” about LadBaby and Elton John?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
    61 Christmas songs in the top 100 this year. Next weeks chart will be interesting
    actually there's 64. LadBaby mentions Christmas season, East 17 is associated with Christmas, ABBA is a Christmas song.

Leave a comment:

• Lionmusic
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    [SIZE=18px][B]Official Singles /

11-20
    12 Gary Barlow - The Dream Of Christmas
    16 Bo Burnham - Inside (The Songs) ^
    17 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under

Oasis at 15 is also rising, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    61 Christmas songs in the top 100 this year. Next weeks chart will be interesting

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Elton John got (almost) 4 songs inside top 40, in 2021

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    Both the singles and albums charts number 1 are a foregone conclusion. '30's sales this week look like they could end up as the lowest yet which is depressing for Christmas week.
    You say that but according to post 1127 and post 1145,30's sales have increased by 3,622. ED and ABBA have also increased by 3,045 and 2,193 respectively so their sales are increasing compared to last week (unless of course they have more streaming data this week than they had last week in which case...?). It is almost certainly going to be a piss-poor showing for album sales in christmas week though, you're right about that!

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Both the singles and albums charts number 1 are a foregone conclusion. '30's sales this week look like they could end up as the lowest yet which is depressing for Christmas week.

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    So, not surprisingly, without ACR Wham and Mariah are 2 and 3 with Ed and Elton at 4.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Sales now added. It looks like Music Week are pretending The Kunts single doesn't exist.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
    Source: OCC
    Missing Data: unknown

Top 100 Singles

1 LadBaby feat. Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Sausage Rolls For Everyone (79,935) [67,920 downloads] *
    2 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas (32,288)
    3 Wham! - Last Christmas (21,529)
    4 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You (20,959)
    5 The Kunts - Boris Johnson Is Still A F*cking C**t (??,???) *

6-10
    6 George Ezra - Come On Home For Christmas (15,881)

11-20
    12 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
    13 Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas
    15 Andy Williams - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
    16 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
    17 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
    18 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song

21-30
    22 Leona Lewis - One More Sleep
    23 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
    24 Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
    25 Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
    26 Camila Cabello - I'll Be Home For Christmas *
    27 John & Yoko & the Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
    30 The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride

31-40
    31 Kelly Clarkson & Ariana Grande - Santa, Can't You Hear Me *
    35 Michael Bublé - Holly Jolly Christmas
    36 José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad
    37 Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! ^
    39 Justin Bieber - Mistletoe ^
    40 Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Adele - 30 (25,087)
    2 Ed Sheeran - = (14,598)
    3 ABBA - Voyage (9,949)
    4 Michael Bublé - Christmas (6,044)
    5 Andre Rieu & His Johann Strauss Orchestra - Happy Together (3,920)

6-10
    7 Rod Stewart - The Tears Of Hercules
    8 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise the Roof
    10 Little Mix - Between Us

11-20
    11 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres
    12 Gary Barlow - The Dream Of Christmas
    15 Oasis - Knebworth 1996 (live)
    16 Bo Burnham - Inside (The Songs) ^
    17 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
    20 Nirvana - Nevermind

21-30
    21 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    23 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
    26 Roddy Ricch - Live Life Fast *

31-40
    36 Jamie Cullum - The Pianoman At Christmas ^
    40 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together At Christmas ^

Click on the above relevant links.
    Last edited by Blondini; Tue December 21, 2021, 14:27.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    cheering for BoJo song.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    ^ Um, Nevermind was ahem NEVER a number one album! It peaked at 5.
    This rebound is the CD release of the 30th Super Deluxe.

Bo Burnham also released a CD on Friday, not just vinyl.
    Last edited by Blondini; Mon December 20, 2021, 17:00.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ith-30__34740/

20 December 2021
    Adele on course to secure the Christmas Number 1 album this Friday with 30

30 is also set to tie Olivia Rodrigo's Sour as the longest-running Number 1 album of the year.
    By George Griffiths
    Adele looks set to secure this year’s Christmas Number 1 album, with 30 currently tracking to hold steady at the top of the Official Albums Chart for the fifth consecutive week.

Although perhaps less well-known than its singles counterpart, the Christmas Number 1 album has been a UK chart staple since 1956. 30 would be Adele’s second Christmas chart-topping LP, having previously earned the accolade in 2015 with her third album 25.

With its fifth consecutive week at Number 1, 30 would also tie Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour as the longest-running Number 1 album of the year. Olivia’s breakthrough debut record had five non-consecutive weeks at the top of the Official Albums Chart.

Elsewhere this week, Michael Buble’s Christmas rises one spot to Number 4, its highest peak of the year so far, and Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra’s Happy Together is currently eyeing a new peak of Number 5.

Rod Stewart’s Tears Of Hercules is looking to climb three spots to Number 7, while Robert Plant and Alison Krauss’ Raise The Roof could re-enter the Top 10 on Friday, currently up 11 to Number 8 following the record’s vinyl release. Little Mix could also land back in the Top 10 with greatest hits Between Us set to rise to Number 10.

Outside the Top 10, several Christmas albums are beginning to reap the rewards of the festive season. Gary Barlow’s The Dream of Christmas is currently up five to Number 12, while Jamie Cullum’s The Pianoman At Christmas could be this week’s highest riser, on course to vault 17 places to Number 36, as Michael Ball and Alfie Boe could re-enter the Top 40 with Together At Christmas at Number 40.

American musician, comedian and filmmaker Bo Burnham is on track for a re-entry into the Official Albums Chart this week with Inside (The Songs). The album features the songs from his 2021 Netflix special, and following its vinyl release is set to re-enter at Number 16 – the collection peaked at Number 5 earlier this year and spent seven weeks in the Top 10.

The highest brand new entry this week could come from American rapper Roddy Ricch, whose second album Live Life Fast could debut at Number 26. It will mark his second Top 40 collection in the UK if it holds on.

Finally, two former Number 1s continue to climb this week; Sam Fender’s Seventeen Going Under could vault four to Number 17 following his continued Singles Chart success and triple BRIT nomination at the weekend, while Nirvana’s iconic Nevermind could crack the Top 20 again, currently up 16 to Number 20.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Beware: there are more versions of both LadBaby and The Kunts out today. See iTunes thread for updates during the week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X