This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Pistols is actually out tomorrow.

When it was announced it had May 27th as a release date which made the most sense to me. I didn't think they'd put it back. Of course almost all vinyl gets put back lately because of production delays after Covid. I should have known!
    https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/sex-pi...you-know-wrong

It's sold out on pre-orders.
    Last edited by Blondini; Thu June 2, 2022, 19:09.

Comment

• Official First Look Chart: Update
      Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Harry Styles - As It Was
      2 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)
      3 Lizzo - About Damn Time
      4 Cat Burns - Go
      5 Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen ^ [banned again by Radio 1!!!]
      6 Harry Styles - Late Night Talking
      7 Tion Wayne & La Roux - IFTK
      8 Jack Harlow - First Class
      9 Sam Ryder - Space Man
      10 Ed Sheeran (feat. Lil Baby) - 2step

11 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru
      12 David Guetta, Becky Hill & Ella Henderson - Crazy What Love Can Do
      13 George Ezra - Green Green Grass
      14 Harry Styles - Music for a Sushi Restaurant
      15 Jax Jones & MNEK - Where Did You Go?
      16 Nathan Dawe & Ella Henderson - 21 Reasons
      17 Future feat. Drake & Tems - Wait For U
      18 Post Malone feat. Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up
      19 Post Malone feat. Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) *
      20 Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug - Potion

Comment

• So Radio 1 just refused to play Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen again!! How utterly ridiculous! Even after Lydon has explained recently it is not even against her and he has no issue with her as a person.

I would guess that they might play it on Friday if it's still in the top 40 as they've played it before since 77. But they just bottled it today because we're still celebrating Her Maj. Absolute cowards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...s-week__36525/

05 June 2022
        Stranger Things have happened...Kate Bush and Sex Pistols set for UK Top 5 success this week

Kate Bush's viral hit Running Up That Hill is challenging for Number 1 this week - while the Sex Pistols could return to the Top 5 for the first time in 43 years.
        By George Griffiths
        It could be the battle of two pop titans. Kate Bush’s classic Running Up That Hill could leap up six places to Number 2 this week – can it challenge Harry Styles for Number 1? Originally released in 1985, where the track peaked at Number 3, it could reach its highest-ever peak thanks to Stranger Things.

Sex Pistols re-released two very special vinyl pressings of their controversial anti-monarchist anthem God Save The Queen and are looking to re-enter the Top 5 for the first time in 43 years.

Following a stirring performance at last night’s Platinum Party at the Palace, Sam Ryder’s Eurovision anthem SPACE MAN might break back into the top 10, currently its up two to Number 9.
        MORE: Read about Running Up That Hill's recent chart success here

Several slow-burning hits across the Official Singles Chart are on track to reach new peaks this week; including David Guetta, Becky Hill and Ella Henderson’s Crazy What Love Can Do (12), George Ezra’s Green Green Grass (13) and Nathan Dawe ft. Ella Henderson with 21 Reasons (16).

This week’s highest new entry could belong to Post Malone, I Like You (A Happier Song) comes from new album Twelve Carat Toothache and is cruising towards a Number 19 debut.

The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm. Follow the Top 40 countdown live on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart show with Scott Mills.

Comment

• Sam Ryder has released a "Jubilee Edit" of Space Man digitally - CDs ship on Wednesday.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...thache__36528/

06 June 2022
            Post Malone eyes highest new Official Albums Chart entry with Twelve Carat Toothache

As Harry Styles could be first act of 2022 to return for second week at Number 1 on Official Albums Chart
            By George Griffiths
            Harry Styles’ Harry’s House is currently on track to return to Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart for a second non-consecutive week.

This would make Harry the first artist this year to achieve a second week at Number 1 on the Albums Chart. Two weeks ago, Harry’s House became the fastest-selling album of 2022 so far, earning the prestigious Official Chart Double in the process. See Harry’s Official Charts history in full here.

Eyeing up this week’s highest new entry its Post Malone with his fourth studio album Twelve Carat Toothache. With collaborations from the likes of Doja Cat, The Weeknd and The Kid LAROI¸ Twelve Carat’s possible Number 2 debut would be Posty’s fourth consecutive UK Top 10 LP.

On track for a Number 4 debut this week, it's Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band's new record Dear Scott. It would be the first record by the Liverpudlian singer-songwriter to reach the UK Top 10, he was previously a member of band Shacked.

There could be more Top 10 debuts from Prince & The Revolution with a re-issue of their 1985 Prince & The Revolution – Live album (6), You Me At Six return to the Top 10 with Sinners Never Sleep (7) and US singer-songwriter Angel Olsen is heading for her first ever UK Top 10 record with Big Time (10).

Elsewhere, Scottish punk rockers Skids reissue of their debut album Scared To Dance could become their highest-peaking release since 1980 (26), the record originally peaked at Number 19 in 1979. Alt-rock band Horse Girl are also on track for their first-ever charting album in the UK with Versions Of A Modern Performance (30).

Following their performance at this weekend’s Platinum Party at the Palace, Queen’s Greatest Hits could jump seven spots (11) after breaking a UK chart record last week, while fellow Platinum performer George Ezra’s second album Staying At Tamara’s could be this week’s big climber, currently up thirty-four spots to re-enter the Top 40 (31).

George Michael’s hits collection Twenty Five rises 31 spots midweek (37) following news of a special Spatial Audio reissues of his back catalogue, including Older, next month. These will coincide with his upcoming Freedom Uncut documentary release, worked on by the late pop icon himself back in 2016.

And finally, Southern rock band Drive-By Truckers are looking to secure their third UK Top 40 album with Welcome 2 Club XIII currently on track for a Number 38 debut.

Comment

• ^ he means Shack not Shacked. And it's the first ever audio release of the Prince set - was previously on video. So not technically a reissue. Horsegirl not Horse Girl.
              Last edited by Blondini; Mon June 6, 2022, 17:07.

Comment

• and the website is screwed again.

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update Top 100
                  Source: OCC
                  Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 Harry Styles - As It Was (19,163)
                  2 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (14,388)
                  3 Lizzo - About Damn Time (12,102)
                  4 Cat Burns - Go (11,790)
                  5 Sam Ryder - Space Man (9,743)

6-10
                  6 Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (9,012)
                  9 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru

11-20
                  11 George Ezra - Green Green Grass
                  12 David Guetta, Becky Hill & Ella Henderson - Crazy What Love Can Do
                  13 Jax Jones & MNEK - Where Did You Go?
                  14 Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant (7,398)
                  15 Nathan Dawe feat. Ella Henderson - 21 Reasons
                  17 Post Malone feat. Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up
                  19 LF System - Afraid To Feel *
                  20 Post Malone feat. Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) *

21-30
                  23 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand
                  24 Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen ^
                  27 Tom Grennan - Remind Me

31-40
                  31 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
                  32 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
                  33 Diplo & Miguel - Don't Forget My Love
                  38 Post Malone - Reputation *
                  39 Mimi Webb - House On Fire ^
                  40 Belters Only & Jazzy - Make Me Feel Good ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums (if you can catch it when it happens to work)

1 Harry Styles - Harry's House (7,949) [5,483 streaming, 2,158 physical, 308 downloads]
                  2 Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache (4,295) [3,432 streaming, 424 physical, 439 downloads] *
                  3 Ed Sheeran - = (4,130)
                  4 Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band - Dear Scott (3,373) *
                  5 Liam Gallagher - C'Mon You Know (2,769)

6-10
                  6 Prince and The Revolution - Live (2,270) *
                  7 You Me At Six - Sinners Never Sleep (2,003) ^
                  10 Angel Olsen - Big Time (1,741) *

11-20
                  11 Queen - Greatest Hits
                  15 Elton John - Diamonds
                  18 Harry Styles - Fine Line (1,204)

21-30
                  22 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend
                  26 Skids - Scared To Dance ^
                  27 Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? ^
                  29 Elvis Presley - Elv1s: 30 Number 1 Hits ^
                  30 Horsegirl - Versions Of Modern Performance *

31-40
                  31 George Ezra - Staying At Tamara's ^
                  33 Kate Bush - The Whole Story ^
                  35 David Bowie - Legacy ^
                  37 George Michael - Twenty Five ^
                  38 Drive-By Truckers - Welcome 2 Club XIII *

Click on the above relevant links.
                  Last edited by Blondini; Mon June 6, 2022, 23:36.

Comment

• Oh Harry is quite ahead from Kate... damn ACR... they need to change that rule a bit... in this situation is a bit unfair as this is happening because the song is on a new compilation album (Stranger Things 4 OST) and not because an old hit returning to the charts. If the song is being re-released and promoted again should be allowed not to be on ACR even if 50 years have passed since its release. Not sure if everyone agrees here but I believe so.

Still if it holds at #02 will reach a new peak (Lizzo is not that far behind).

Comment

• Ed's longevity is impressive. When Adele was releasing after he did I genuinely thought her album would trump his in the long run but 30 has sunk like an anchor!

Comment

• So without ACR Kate's probably on around 27,000 so is really no.1. Don't think she'll be able to make up the 10,000+ deficit she needs to catch Harry and make it official, but I'll be perfectly happy to be proved wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                          Ed's longevity is impressive. When Adele was releasing after he did I genuinely thought her album would trump his in the long run but 30 has sunk like an anchor!
                          Well he has now added extra tracks to boost his possible streaming output so that theoretically he has 25% more streams each week (16+ tracks vs 12). Adele is still ahead on total 'sales', but Ed is catching up and may overtake in about 2.5 to 3 months or so....

Comment

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post

Well he has now added extra tracks to boost his possible streaming output so that theoretically he has 25% more streams each week (16+ tracks vs 12). Adele is still ahead on total 'sales', but Ed is catching up and may overtake in about 2.5 to 3 months or so....
                            That's quite impressive. But he did have a few big hits from that album already.

Adele is still doing great but some people thought she would be able to pull another sales phenomenon like "21" or "25" and that's almost impossible.

Comment

• Can't help but notice that since a few of us on UKMix championed Running Up That Hill in its ukmix thread, it has become a hit. It's essentially one of the greatest songs of all time and it's nice to see it getting new fans once more, surely that show isn't so big though? It must be seeing other people joining in for the ride. Great to see Sam Ryder getting another burst of life too.
                              1 SG Lewis |2 FLO |3 Vlossom |4 SG Lewis |5 Inna

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
                                Oh Harry is quite ahead from Kate... damn ACR... they need to change that rule a bit... in this situation is a bit unfair as this is happening because the song is on a new compilation album (Stranger Things 4 OST) and not because an old hit returning to the charts. If the song is being re-released and promoted again should be allowed not to be on ACR even if 50 years have passed since its release. Not sure if everyone agrees here but I believe so.

Still if it holds at #02 will reach a new peak (Lizzo is not that far behind).
                                It hasn't been rereleased though - the song on the soundtrack has been made unavailable to download or stream - presumably at Kate's request. It is only the already available single and album tracks that are being counted. It's also not really being promoted - it is just being used in a TV show, a thing that happens to countless old songs. All the old Christmas songs that re-enter get repromoted through radio playing them. Radio is not playing this. If Kate wanted it to be as big as it could be, she could make it so. That orchestral version (the one that Netflix's YT channel is actually promoting) still hasn't been released and she hasn't allowed the song on the soundtrack to count towards the charts.
                                Last edited by Blondini; Mon June 6, 2022, 22:24.

Comment

• Yes indeed; this is a very different scenario to when Kate released a specially-re-recorded version of the song and it was promoted (albeit briefly) via the Olympic celebrations in London ten years ago (I know that's always described as a "re-mix" but I'm one of those old-fashioned sorts who still considers a song to be a re-recording if the entire or bulk of the main vocal has been re-performed afresh, which it was in that case). Still, great to see it catching on again though, albeit probably only for a brief time and without the full advantage of being SCR-eligible. It is one of the 1980s' stand-out singles for sure.

Comment

• I think it’s safe to say it’s teenagers playing Kate which is phenomenal when you think about it, but at the same time makes perfect sense after the synth revival with songs like Blinding Lights.
                                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Quick! Check it out before it goes kaput again! https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart-update/

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                        Source: Music Week
                                        Missing Data:

Singles

1 Harry Styles - As It Was (33,374)
                                        2 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (26,735)
                                        3 Cat Burns - Go (21,112)
                                        4 Lizzo - About Damn Time (20,552)
                                        5 Sam Ryder - Space Man (17,427)

6-10
                                        10 George Ezra - Green Green Grass

11-20
                                        14 Jax Jones & MNEK - Where Did You Go?
                                        16 Nathan Dawe &. Ella Henderson - 21 Reasons
                                        17 LF System - Afraid To Feel *
                                        18 Post Malone feat. Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up
                                        19 Post Malone feat. Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) *

21-30
                                        23 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand
                                        27 Tom Grennan - Remind Me
                                        30 Benson Boone - In The Stars

31-40
                                        31 Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen ^
                                        33 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
                                        34 Diplo & Miguel - Don't Forget My Love
                                        36 Burna Boy - Last Last *
                                        39 Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You ^
                                        40 Post Malone - Reputation *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Harry Styles - Harry's House (14,555) [3,821 streaming, 3,821 physical, 421 downloads]
                                        2 Ed Sheeran - = (7,130 )
                                        3 Post Malone - Twelve Carat Toothache (6,989) [5,920 streaming] *
                                        4 Liam Gallagher - C'Mon You Know (4,378)
                                        5 Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band - Dear Scott (3,877) *

6-10
                                        6 Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
                                        7 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
                                        8 Queen - Greatest Hits
                                        9 Ed Sheeran - ÷ (Divide)
                                        10 Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years: Don't Stop

11-20
                                        11 Prince and The Revolution - Live *
                                        14 Elton John - Diamonds
                                        15 Oasis - Time Flies...1994 - 2009
                                        18 Angel Olsen - Big Time *
                                        19 You Me At Six - Sinners Never Sleep ^

21-30
                                        21 The Killers - Direct Hits
                                        23 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend
                                        24 Kate Bush - The Whole Story ^
                                        25 Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? ^
                                        27 The Beatles - 1
                                        28 George Ezra - Staying At Tamara's ^

31-40
                                        32 Elvis Presley - Elv1s: 30 Number 1 Hits ^
                                        35 David Bowie - Legacy ^
                                        37 Bo Burnham - Inside (The Songs) ^
                                        39 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever ^
                                        Last edited by Blondini; Wed June 8, 2022, 19:09.

Comment

• You Me At Six is 10th anniv. deluxe

Comment

• Looks like the gap is getting wider. between Harry and Kate. Now 6,000+. So assuming things don't change drastically Kate is really no.1 (approx. 17,000 ahead) but officially will only be no.2 (approx 6,000 behind).

Comment

• Ed Sheeran's album '=' has been in top 5 since it was released. Does anyone know what the UK record is for weeks spent in the top 5, for consecutive weeks and overall?

Comment

• Go Sam! <3

Comment

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post
                                                  Looks like the gap is getting wider. between Harry and Kate. Now 6,000+. So assuming things don't change drastically Kate is really no.1 (approx. 17,000 ahead) but officially will only be no.2 (approx 6,000 behind).
                                                  If only they’d reset the ASC or whatever it’s called - Kate could get her second #1!
                                                  Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• She'll get her 2nd no.1 (as the biggest 'seller' of the week) just not 'officially' - unless she continues to grow and/or peaks later after the final 2 epsiodes of the season in July (not as if being on the chart for 9 weeks is going to affect her sales as she's already on ACR!). She almost certainly will be no.1 on the Billboard UK chart next week also (can't eb certain as we don't know what streaming ratio that uses, but we do know, no ACR).
                                                    Last edited by braindeadpj; Thu June 9, 2022, 17:35. Reason: forget the Kunts were no.1 in sales last week so removed the bit about Kate already being no.1 in actual sales

Comment

Working...
                                                    X