This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post
    She'll get her 2nd no.1 (as the biggest 'seller' of the week) just not 'officially' - unless she continues to grow and/or peaks later after the final 2 epsiodes of the season in July (not as if being on the chart for 9 weeks is going to affect her sales as she's already on ACR!). She almost certainly will be no.1 on the Billboard UK chart next week also (can't eb certain as we don't know what streaming ratio that uses, but we do know, no ACR).
    Interestingly, the song is going to being pushed on US radio again. Of course it is more relevant to do that there where it only peaked at #30 originally. But UK radio has no real reason to get behind it. Who knows? Maybe they will and that's what enables a reset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Afterglow View Post
      Ed Sheeran's album '=' has been in top 5 since it was released. Does anyone know what the UK record is for weeks spent in the top 5, for consecutive weeks and overall?
      South Pacific probably.

Started with 180 weeks in the top 5
      101 Albums | 501 Songs

Comment

She'll get her 2nd no.1 (as the biggest 'seller' of the week) just not 'officially' - unless she continues to grow and/or peaks later after the final 2 epsiodes of the season in July (not as if being on the chart for 9 weeks is going to affect her sales as she's already on ACR!). She almost certainly will be no.1 on the Billboard UK chart next week also (can't eb certain as we don't know what streaming ratio that uses, but we do know, no ACR).
        Guess was #03 on Single Sales but did reached #01 on Downloads.... maybe next week (but with BTS new song and album I doubt she will)!

#01 on Single Sales was Sam Ryder and #02 The Sex Pistols!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShayLaB View Post

South Pacific probably.

Started with 180 weeks in the top 5
          Your right - The Top 20 is below.
          MinOfDate MinOfTwk RE Artist Title CountOfTwk
          03/05/1958 1 Original Soundtrack South Pacific 180
          22/05/1965 1 1 Original Soundtrack The Sound Of Music 153
          22/09/1956 1 Original Soundtrack The King And I 94
          21/02/1970 1 Simon And Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water 84
          13/01/2018 1 Motion Picture Cast Recording The Greatest Showman (OST) 62
          10/05/1958 1 Original Broadway Cast Recording My Fair Lady 55
          13/04/1963 1 The Beatles Please Please Me 55
          15/05/1965 2 1 Original Soundtrack - Walt Disney Mary Poppins 51
          14/02/1959 2 Original Soundtrack Gigi 48
          10/12/1960 1 Elvis Presley G.I. Blues 44
          05/06/1999 1 Shania Twain Come On Over 41
          31/03/1962 1 Original Soundtrack West Side Story 40
          16/11/1996 1 Spice Girls Spice 40
          07/04/2018 1 George Ezra Staying At Tamara's 39
          19/11/1966 2 The Beach Boys Best Of The Beach Boys 39
          05/02/2011 1 Adele 21 39
          16/12/1961 1 Elvis Presley Blue Hawaii 38
          02/05/1964 1 The Rolling Stones Rolling Stones 38
          10/06/1967 1 The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 38
          12/10/1991 1 Simply Red Stars 37
          23/02/1957 1 4 Original Soundtrack Oklahoma! 37
          http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
          Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Guess was #03 on Single Sales but did reached #01 on Downloads.... maybe next week (but with BTS new song and album I doubt she will)!

#01 on Single Sales was Sam Ryder and #02 The Sex Pistols!
            As I said above she is No.1 as the biggest 'seller' this week with 83,613 'sales', just not officially where her 'sales' are reduced by ACR down to 44,739 and second place. Her real sales were only 5,864 (5,863 downloads and 1 picture disc! up from 4,084 last week where she was no.2), putting her at 3 with The Sex Pistols on 5,991 (5,712 7" and 279 downloads) at 2 and Sam Ryder at no.1 on more than that..... Since Sam did 30,506 total 'sales' his streaming may have declined from last week (total 'sales' last week were 25,268 and he was at 7 on the sales chart).

Comment

• Thanks for the numbers

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...it-was__36570/

12 June 2022
                Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill on course to claim Official Number 1 single, ending Harry Styles' ten-week reign with As It Was

The song's surge in popularity thanks to Stranger Things could see it reach a brand-new peak
                By Carl Smith
                Kate Bush is on track to claim this week’s Number 1 single with Running Up That Hill, possibly ending Harry Styles’ ten-week reign atop the Official Singles Chart with As It Was.

Originally released in 1985, Running Up That Hill could boast a new high having previously peaked at Number 2 on last week’s chart. The track, which enjoys a surge in popularity thanks to its inclusion on Netflix series Stranger Things, could also become Kate’s first chart-topping single since 1978’s Wuthering Heights.

MORE: Read about Running Up That Hill's recent chart success here

Scottish dance duo LF SYSTEM look set to storm into the Top 5, with Afraid to Feel eyeing a Number 4 position. This would mark a new peak for the track, which has truly transcended its TikTok virality to reach the Official Singles Chart.

This week’s highest new entry could come courtesy of BTS. Yet to Come, a brand new track from their PROOF anthology album, looks set to become the K-pop group’s eighth UK Top 40 single to date.

Several slow-burner hits are tracking to reach new peaks on the Official Singles Chart this week, including George Ezra’s Green Green Grass (6), David Guetta, Becky Hill and Ella Henderson’s Crazy What Love Can Do (12), Nathan Dawe featuring Ella Henderson’s 21 Reasons (13), Benzz’ Je M’Appelle (18) and Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa and Young Thug’s Potion (19).
                Official Chart: First Look Top 20 - 12th June 2022
                LW CURRENT TITLE ARTIST
                2 1 RUNNING UP THAT HILL KATE BUSH
                1 2 AS IT WAS HARRY STYLES
                3 3 GO CAT BURNS
                13 4 AFRAID TO FEEL LF SYSTEM
                4 5 ABOUT DAMN TIME LIZZO
                9 6 GREEN GREEN GRASS GEORGE EZRA
                6 7 IFTK TION WAYNE & LA ROUX
                5 8 SPACE MAN SAM RYDER
                7 9 LATE NIGHT TALKING HARRY STYLES
                10 10 2STEP ED SHEERAN
                NEW 11 YET TO COME BTS
                14 12 CRAZY WHAT LOVE CAN DO DAVID GUETTA/HILL/HENDERSON
                17 13 21 REASONS NATHAN DAWE FT ELLA HENDERSON
                15 14 WHERE DID YOU GO JAX JONES FT MNEK
                11 15 PERU FIREBOY DML & ED SHEERAN
                12 16 MUSIC FOR A SUSHI RESTAURANT HARRY STYLES
                16 17 WAIT FOR U FUTURE FT DRAKE & TEMS
                22 18 JE M'APPELLE BENZZ
                20 19 POTION CALVIN HARRIS/DUA LIPA/YOUNG
                21 20 SHE'S ALL I WANNA BE TATE MCRAE
                ©2022 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

Article images: Shutterstock

Comment

• So despite 3 weeks of declining 'sales' Go did not go to ACR. I guess one of the weeks (probably the last as its the smallest decline) the streaming actually increased (or declined less than the market). I hope Kate will hold on, but I doubt it unless nonspotify streaming is much higher for Kate (or maybe a physical release?). The streaming gap must be smaller though as Harry was clearly ahead last week.
                  I doubt there has been a reset as the egg on the OCC's faces for not doing it sooner would be so hard to remove...... and it would be admitting they'd made a mistake.....

Comment

So despite 3 weeks of declining 'sales' Go did not go to ACR. I guess one of the weeks (probably the last as its the smallest decline) the streaming actually increased (or declined less than the market). I hope Kate will hold on, but I doubt it unless nonspotify streaming is much higher for Kate (or maybe a physical release?). The streaming gap must be smaller though as Harry was clearly ahead last week.
                    I doubt there has been a reset as the egg on the OCC's faces for not doing it sooner would be so hard to remove...... and it would be admitting they'd made a mistake.....
                    Is there any chance they reset her ACR? Have been increasing streams and sales for 3 weeks now, right?
                    Was not expecting to see her at #01 on mid-weeks, pleasant surprise!

Comment

• I don't think they would reverse the permanent ACR just because of that - firstly this would be the third week so they wouldn't know whether it increased and spotify seems to suggest streams may be down compared to last week i believe. Secondly what would be their justification for not resetting Last Christmas or All I Want for Christmas Is You? If Harry's streams are in free fall (not according to spotify) and Kate's are maintaining or increasing and her downloads increasing then she could possibly overtake Harry in First Look. Whether she can maintain is a much bigger question....
                      I feel there'd be too much egg on their faces (you know more there already is) is they reset now thus implying that they made a mistake. Better for them to just ignore it?
                      We'll have a better idea once the full figures are announced on Monday. If Kate is 10,000+ ahead she was reset if its very close or even switched then not.
                      Last edited by braindeadpj; Sun June 12, 2022, 22:19.

Comment

• Wasn't there rule about 3 weeks increase leads to automatic reset? it would make sense actually. OCC seems to be confused by their own rules
                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                          Wasn't there rule about 3 weeks increase leads to automatic reset? it would make sense actually. OCC seems to be confused by their own rules
                          I don't believe there was such a rule- there certainly isn't one in the official rules(see below post). Of course we're not sure the rules are exhaustively listed.
                          Also the OCC won't know for sure that the sales have increased until later in the week. They may be judging it on the prelimary data i guess, which could lead to the reset being reversed later in the week if an overall decline appears. However, permanent ACR (ie older than 3 years) is not supposed to be resetable without a request from the record company and even then its at their discretion.... They never reset the christmas songs after 3 weeks of increases. If the record company have only just asked for a reset (which they granted), then what the hell were the record company playing at not requesting earlier?
                          Last edited by braindeadpj; Sun June 12, 2022, 22:44.

Comment

• What if As it was went to ACR? It's been charting definitely for more than 10 weeks and this will be its third week after the album surge and, if Im not wrong, all of them with streaming decline...

​​​
                            Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• The rules state (with text underlined for emphasis) :
                              i) Automatic Reset – a track within the Top 100 on ACR and which is within 3 years of release can automatically return to SCR if it’s streams total increases by 25 percentage points greater than the streaming market change week on week. For example, a track with a week on week variance of +14%, in a week where market variance is -11%, would be automatically reset.
                              ii) Manual Reset – In exceptional circumstances, where a track is being scheduled for promotion, a label may elect to manually reset a track to SCR. This manual reset is limited to two tracks per artist album, only where the track in question is outside the Top 100 and subject to one week’s notice being given from the releasing label that they wish to implement a manual reset. Manual reset shall be strictly subject to Official Charts and/or CSC approval.

Perhaps the label didn't notify the OCC until Kate re-entered at 8 (though of course in which case the first underline under manual reset should exclude it). In which case the rest wouldn't happen until this week based on the above. THough I guess it depends on the definition of one week's notice. If they notified them say on June 1st so before it charted but after it was climbing on the midweeks and the one week's notice means one chart week, then I guess this week would be when it was instigated....
                              I guess we'll have to wait until they announce the data on Monday (or they make an official statement?) before we have some degree of certainty - unless anyone else know for sure (though of course they may not be allowed to say)..
                              Last edited by braindeadpj; Sun June 12, 2022, 22:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                                What if As it was went to ACR? It's been charting definitely for more than 10 weeks and this will be its third week after the album surge and, if Im not wrong, all of them with streaming decline...

​​​
                                It increased when the album was released, so the decline was reset then. This new chart will be the third week so next week's is when "As It Was" will be on ACR (unless it increases this week). Also it would probably have fallen further...

Comment

• In terms of airplay, it's #39 on the latest Airplay Chart (up from 228).

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                    In terms of airplay, it's #39 on the latest Airplay Chart (up from 228).
                                    Does that means ACR can be reseted?

Comment

• ACR can always be reset at the discretion of OCC as they make up the rules. Not sure whether Kate's song would fit the criteria of "scheduled for promotion" as Stranger Things promoted it and not the record company......We should have a better idea by the end of the day as to whether that is the case.....

Comment

• As i said before - old Christmas songs get major airplay but are never reset. But this is quite unusual so it could be an exception and is worth watching to see how far it gets on radio play.

Comment

• Someone on buzzjacks posted Kate has an 8K lead, so if true its definitely a reset.

Comment

• Yes, the label must have asked for it.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ntries__36573/

13 June 2022
                                              George Ezra's Gold Rush Kid album heads for Number 1 as Chase & Status and BTS eye Top 5 entries

George Ezra looks set to claim his third UK Number 1 album, with Chase & Status and BTS also tracking for Top 5 entries this week
                                              By Carl Smith
                                              George Ezra is heading for a hat-trick of Number 1s on the Official Albums Chart, with Gold Rush Kid on course to claim the top spot this week.

The Hertfordshire-born singer-songwriter has previously reached the summit with 2014 debut Wanted on Voyage and 2018 record Staying at Tamara’s, and is currently outselling his closest competition 4:1 with his third studio album. See George Ezra’s full Official Charts history here.

MORE: See George Ezra's full Official Charts history so far

Elsewhere, Chase & Status look set to return to the Top 5 with What Came Before (3). The electronic music duo’s fifth studio album could provide the pair their highest-charting record since 2013’s Brand New Machine (2).

BTS are on their way to a fourth UK Top 5 album with PROOF this week (5). The anthology collection sees the K-pop group reflect on their nine-year career so far, with lead single Yet to Come also looking set to impact this week’s Official Singles Chart.

A (belated) 50th anniversary reissue of Elton John’s 1971 album Madman Across the Water might see it return to the Top 10 on Friday (8). See Elton John’s full Official Charts history here.

Rounding off this week’s midweek Top 10, Harry Styles’ second album Fine Line is expected to climb following the first of his Love On Tour dates in Glasgow last weekend (10). His self-titled 2017 debut also looks set to return to the Top 40 (38).

Former Portico Quartet singer-songwriter Nick Mulvey’s third studio LP New Mythology could prove his second Top 20 (13). The Cambridge-born artist previously enjoyed success with 2014’s First Mind (10) and 2017 work Wake Up Now (25).

XXXTentacion’s Look at Me: The Album, the late rapper’s first compilation and third posthumous record, eyes a Number 24 entry this week. Meanwhile, German composer Max Richter’s The New Four Seasons – Vivaldi Recomposed could land at Number 29. Pennsylvania-formed heavy metal group Motionless in White aim for their first UK Top 40 album, with Scoring the End of the World at Number 30 midweek.

German thrash metal band Kreator are on course to claim a new career high with Hate Über Alles (34), while a fifth anniversary deluxe edition of SZA’s acclaimed release CTRL could see it reach the UK Top 40 for the first time (35). Kula Shaker’s 1st Congregational Church of Eternal Love and Free Hugs tracks to give Crispian Mills and co. their fourth Top 40 this week (36).

Finally, ABBA’s 1979 Number 1 album Voulez-Vouz vaults 117 places up the Official Albums Chart midweek as the group’s ABBA Voyage show wows fans and critics (37).
                                              See the full Official Albums Chart Update Top 100 here from 5.45pm.

Comment

• Whilst this is sort of a unique situation, it’s clear the ACR rules don’t work when the biggest song of a week is prevented from hitting #1. The charts are supposed to reflect what is popular with the public, not reflect what the charts want to appear as popular.

Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Well that happened to Mariah for years so not that unique unless you're not counting Xmas songs
                                                  " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• ABBA have several top 100 albums re-entries as they were all released on new picture discs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X