This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

As only 3 songs are from the same album then he is allowed to have 4.
    He would be allowed to have the full TOP 20 with 20 songs if at max 3 were from the same album.
    That's the rule and they didn't change it.
    It was created to avoid that new albums that would strream high as hell didn't chart all tracks inside the charts (like still happens on US Billboard Hot 100).
    the rule they have changed is that Ed now has 4 songs on the chart as a main artist when he should only have 3 allowed. The "and" credit on Peru has him as a joint co-artist with Fireboy DML. Yet they are trying to say that he is not a co-artist. They can only get out of their own rule if Ed is credited as "featuring". They have bent their own rule. And they also bent their rule on not crediting featured acts on singles that have later remix credits added.
    Last edited by Blondini; Wed January 5, 2022, 22:25.

Comment

The 'same album thing' is not a thing. From the chart rules (https://www.officialcharts.com/media...jan-2020.pdf):

i) A maximum of three singles within the Top 100 by the same artist will be chart eligible. These will be the three most popular singles in a week based on combined sales and streams. (Also see 6.0 Exclusions) ii) In the case of singles featuring a secondary artist(s), they will only count towards the primary named artist’s maximum of three chart eligible singles. iii) In the case of singles that are equal collaborations between two or more artists, a single will count towards the maximum of three chart eligible singles of the artist on the releasing label. iv) Where all collaborating artists appear on the same label releasing a single, the releasing label must nominate the primary artist.

Comment

Of course in the above rules, it should say songs or tracks rather than singles as if they are not officially released (and promoted as singles) they're not singles.

Comment

These two rules may be how they're getting round it:
          iii) In the case of singles that are equal collaborations between two or more artists, a single will count towards the maximum of three chart eligible singles of the artist on the releasing label. iv) Where all collaborating artists appear on the same label releasing a single, the releasing label must nominate the primary artist.

Peru is on: ASYLUM/ISLAND/YBNL NATION while Ed is (also) on Asylum - I was going to say Atlantic as Merry Christmas is on Atlantic.... Anyone know if Peru was originally issued by Island/YBNL Nation?

Comment

Interestingly while we have heard that the OCC is allowing manual resets after christmas - this is not backed up by the current rules:
            Again from the chart rules:

ii) Manual Reset – In exceptional circumstances, where a track is being scheduled for promotion, a label may elect to manually reset a track to SCR. This manual reset is limited to two tracks per artist album, only where the track in question is outside the Top 100 and subject to one week’s notice being given from the releasing label that they wish to implement a manual reset. Manual reset shall be strictly subject to Official Charts and/or CSC approval.

Comment

Official First Look Chart Update
              Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Gayle - ABCDEFU
              2 Adele - Easy On Me
              3 Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed *
              4 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno
              5 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
              6 The Weeknd - Sacrifice *
              7 The Weeknd - Take My Breath ^
              8 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru
              9 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming For You
              10 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It

11 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti
              12 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
              13 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)
              14 D-Block Europe feat. Central Cee - Overseas
              15 The Weeknd - How Do I Make You Love Me? *
              16 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure
              17 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
              18 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish
              19 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?
              20 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

Comment

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-on-me__34921/

09 January 2022
                Gayle and Adele battling for Number 1 this Friday with abcdefu and Easy On Me

Plus, viral sensation Lauren Spencer-Smith could make a very impressive UK Top 40 debut with Fingers Crossed.
                By George Griffiths
                17 year old rising pop star Gayle is currently battling with Adele for dominance on the Official Singles Chart this Friday, as abcdefu and Easy On Me enter a two-way race for Number 1. Currently, less than 1,000 chart sales separate the tracks in our First Look Update, with Gayle leading the pack.

Abcdefu would be Gayle’s first-ever UK Number 1 single, while Easy On Me is challenging for a ninth non-consecutive week at Number 1, which would extend its record as Adele’s longest-running UK Number 1 single. Find out more about Gayle and her viral hit here.

Meanwhile, you may not recognise the name Lauren Spencer-Smith, but the 18 year old former American Idol contestant has set TikTok and social media alight with her new breakup anthem. Fingers Crossed is currently tracking to rise to Number 3 this Friday, it would be Lauren Spencer-Smith’s first-ever UK Top 10 chart entry.
                MORE: Who is Gayle? The ABCs on the viral breakthrough talent

Last week saw The Weeknd unveil his new album Dawn FM in a semi-surprise drop, and three of its tracks are eyeing up entries in the Top 20 following its release. Leading the charge is new single Sacrifice, which looks set to be the chart’s highest new entry at Number 6, while lead single Take My Breath could break back into the Top 10 at Number 7 and Swedish House Mafia collaboration How Do I Make You Love Me? Could debut at Number 15.

Finally, Lost Frequencies and Calum Scott’s slow-burning hit Where Are You Now? Continues its recent upwards trajectory in the Top 40 - it’s currently set to vault up four places to a new peak of Number 19 and break into the Top 20 for the first time since its release last year.

The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm. Follow the Top 40 countdown live on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart show with Scott Mills.

Comment

Just a curious observation. Why does the midweek news on a Sunday not get a flurry of attention on here like it does on other sites?
                  Is everyone on an off day on a Sunday?

Comment

Perhaps it is because it is based on 1 day of streams and 2 days of sales and so is not a very good indication of how things will be later on so people don't bother speculating? Frequently the 1st look nio.1 is different from the week's no.1

Comment

Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post
                      Perhaps it is because it is based on 1 day of streams and 2 days of sales and so is not a very good indication of how things will be later on so people don't bother speculating? Frequently the 1st look nio.1 is different from the week's no.1
                      but there isn't even anyone saying "who on earth is Lauren Spencer-Smith?"!

and no Weeknd fans are interested at all. It's a forum issue. UKMix is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post

but there isn't even anyone saying "who on earth is Lauren Spencer-Smith?"!

and no Weeknd fans are interested at all. It's a forum issue. UKMix is dead.
                        Nuh, just the users here are less interested in the UK charts than they used to be. Midweeks were more interesting to me when there was any chance of the weeks new releases making some kind of debut.
                        1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

The Weeknd's Sacrifice is his new single and stands a very good chance of being top ten. Lauren Spencer-Smith is this year's Drivers License and might actually be number 1 by Friday.

Comment

The Weeknd's Sacrifice is his new single and stands a very good chance of being top ten. Lauren Spencer-Smith is this year's Drivers License and might actually be number 1 by Friday.
                            So we have a new "Olivia Rodrigo"... where did this one comes from? Also Disney?
                            The Weeknd may indeed get another TOP 10 due to the new album release but the track is falling fast in both iTunes and streams so I'm not sure if it will hold on.

Comment

So we have a new "Olivia Rodrigo"... where did this one comes from? Also Disney?
                              The Weeknd may indeed get another TOP 10 due to the new album release but the track is falling fast in both iTunes and streams so I'm not sure if it will hold on.
                              She’s from American Idol of all places.

Comment

I think it's a fair point about the Sunday update only being based on limited data across just two days. It basically just gives an early indication as to what's sold well on the Friday and Saturday, with huge amounts of streaming data not yet available and so doesn't get counted. It explains why the 'First Look' No 1 is often different from the full-week official chart-topper revealed on Fridays. More people might take an active interest if full data was used to compile these midweeks. Mind you, that doesn't explain why they remain a more popular topic on other similar sites (if indeed that is the case), but just not with UKMixers.

Thanks to Ewokguy15 for confirming who this Spencer-Smith woman is; I had wondered but having heard the song yesterday and been decidedly underwhelmed by it I realised I didn't care enough to bother doing my own Googling!

And as for this new Disney twaddle.... Please don't tell me we've got another 'Greatest Showman' situation on our hands!

Comment

I don't think so, he's the same amount of streaming as Adele and Gayle and already has fallen to 22 on iTunes

1 = Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed 4 1 (x3) 302,020 -54,653 1,162,062 +302,020 1,162,062
                                  2 +1 Adele - Easy On Me 86 1 (x56) 290,255 +645 1,928,771 +57,771 48,930,101
                                  3 +3 GAYLE - abcdefu 56 2 (x8) 283,182 +5,899 1,775,906 +84,061 12,932,295
                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...awn-fm__34926/

10 January 2022
                                    The Weeknd cruising towards third UK Number 1 album with Dawn FM

Plus new entries from David Bowie and Gunna.
                                    By George Griffiths
                                    The Weeknd could secure his third UK Number 1 album this week, as Dawn FM cruises towards the top of the Official Albums Chart.

A semi-surprise drop last Friday, The Weeknd released Dawn FM - which features input from Tyler, The Creator, Lil Wayne, Quincy Jones and even Jim Carrey - is heading for a Number 1 debut. If successful, it will join previous chart-toppers Beauty Behind The Madness (2015) and After Hours (2020). Dawn FM would also be distinguished as the first album released in 2022 to reach Number 1.

Following what would have been his 75th birthday at the weekend, David Bowie is currently eyeing a Number 2 debut with the posthumous Toy (Toy Box), a stand-alone physical release of Bowie's scrapped 2000 album of the same name, including previously unseen photographs and new mixes. It will mark the late, great British superstar’s 35th UK Top 10 album.

Bowie could also have a further two albums land in the Top 40 this Friday; after being issued as a picture disc to celebrate its 50th anniversary, Hunky Dory could re-enter the Top 10 at Number 8, while greatest hits collection Legacy could rise to Number 17.
                                    MORE: The Weeknd's Official Charts history in full

US rapper Gunna could score his second UK Top 10 album on Friday with third studio album DS4Ever, currently at Number 5, while Scottish alt-rock outfit Twin Atlantic could debut at Number 10 with their new album Transparency. Twin Atlantic will be the guests on this week’s episode (January 12th) of The Record Club in association with Bowers & Wilkins.

Outside the Top 10 midweek, several greatest hits could re-enter the UK Top 40. These include Bob Marley & The Wailers’ Legend (31), Elvis Presley’s The 50 Greatest Hits (35) and Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You - The Best Of (39).

And finally, The Beatles’ final album Let It Be could also break back into the Top 40 on Friday, currently tracking to jump seven places to Number 40.

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
                                    View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update

Comment

Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                                      Source: OCC
                                      Missing Data: unknown

Top 100 Singles

1 Gayle - ABCDEFU (13,832)
                                      2 Adele - Easy On Me (12,716)
                                      3 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno (11,212)
                                      4 Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (10,271) *
                                      5 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under (8,784)

6-10
                                      8 The Weeknd - Sacrifice (8,010) *
                                      9 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure

11-20
                                      12 The Weeknd - Take My Breath (7,637) ^
                                      17 The Weeknd - How Do I Make You Love Me? (6,136) *
                                      19 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?

21-30
                                      23 Central Cee - Retail Therapy *

31-40
                                      31 Luude feat. Colin Hay - Down Under
                                      32 Gunna & Future feat. Young Thug - Pushin P *
                                      34 Years & Years & Galantis - Sweet Talker
                                      35 David Kushner - Miserable Man *
                                      37 Gunna & Future - Too Easy *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 The Weeknd - Dawn FM (8,309) *
                                      2 David Bowie - Toy (Toy:Box) (6,050) *
                                      3 Ed Sheeran - = (5,373)
                                      4 Adele - 30 (4,763)
                                      5 Gunna - DS4Eever (4,386) *

6-10
                                      8 David Bowie - Hunky Dory ^
                                      10 Twin Atlantic - Transparency *

11-20
                                      17 David Bowie - Legacy

21-30

31-40
                                      31 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend ^
                                      35 Elvis Presley - The 50 Greatest Hits ^
                                      39 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston ^
                                      40 The Beatles - Let It Be ^

Click on the above relevant links.
                                      Last edited by Blondini; Mon January 10, 2022, 18:07.

Comment

Wow! Weeknd is doing a lot worst than I expected!

His streams are dropping fast will he hold on at the top until Friday?

Comment

Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                          Source: Music Week
                                          Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Gayle - ABCDEFU (25,064)
                                          2 Adele - Easy On Me (22,481)
                                          3 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno (21,140)
                                          4 Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (18,175) *
                                          5 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under (16,204)

6-10
                                          7 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure
                                          10 The Weeknd - Sacrifice *

11-20
                                          14 The Weeknd - Take My Breath ^
                                          17 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?

21-30
                                          21 The Weeknd - How Do I Make You Love Me? *
                                          22 Central Cee - Retail Therapy *
                                          30 Luude feat. Colin Hay - Down Under

31-40
                                          34 Years & Years & Galantis - Sweet Talker
                                          36 David Kushner - Miserable Man *
                                          39 Gunna & Future feat. Young Thug - Pushin P *
                                          40 Belters Only & Jazzy - Make Me Feel Good *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 The Weeknd - Dawn FM (13,362) [12,233 streaming, 1,129 downloads] *
                                          2 Ed Sheeran - = (8,570)
                                          3 Adele - 30 (7,683)
                                          4 Gunna - DS4Ever (6,968) *
                                          5 David Bowie - Toy (Toy:Box) (6,805) *

6-10

11-20
                                          15 David Bowie - Hunky Dory ^
                                          17 David Bowie - Legacy
                                          18 Twin Atlantic - Transparency *

21-30
                                          25 Arctic Monkeys - AM

31-40
                                          33 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend ^
                                          37 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston ^

Comment

Where are ABBA? Still TOP 10?

Comment

Where are ABBA? Still TOP 10?
                                              Yes, No.8
                                              Keep the fire burning like the first time feeling

Comment

Originally posted by BrainDamageII View Post

Yes, No.8
                                                Thanks! They barely made it TOP 10 this week at #10... hope next week they can get another week inside the TOP 10 but won't be easy.

Comment

Official First Look Chart Update
                                                  Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz (Encanto Cast) - We Don't Talk About Bruno
                                                  2 Gayle - ABCDEFU
                                                  3 Adele - Easy On Me
                                                  4 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru
                                                  5 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
                                                  6 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure
                                                  7 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming For You
                                                  8 D-Block Europe feat. Central Cee - Overseas
                                                  9 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)
                                                  10 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

11 Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed
                                                  12 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It
                                                  13 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
                                                  14 The Weeknd - Sacrifice
                                                  15 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?
                                                  16 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
                                                  17 Adele - Oh My God
                                                  18 Joel Corry feat. Mabel - I Wish
                                                  19 Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Encanto Cast - The Family Madrigal
                                                  20 Imagine Dragons feat. JID - Enemy

Comment

Ahhh wonder where Muse are
                                                    1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

Working...
                                                    X