Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Ghost - Mary on a Cross is now 3 years old and so it has automatically gone to ACR and so has plummeted to #95 even though this will only be its 7th official week on the charts......

Comment

• Originally posted by braindeadpj View Post
      Apparently Ghost - Mary on a Cross is now 3 years old and so it has automatically gone to ACR and so has plummeted to #95 even though this will only be its 7th official week on the charts......
      The label could ask for a manual reset but this does highlight the change in the ACR rules a year or two back where tracks automatically move to ACR once the 3 year mark is reached.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
        The label could ask for a manual reset but this does highlight the change in the ACR rules a year or two back where tracks automatically move to ACR once the 3 year mark is reached.
        and yet weirdly the Seafret song has not been on ACR even though it's from 2015!

Thanks for stepping in Robbie. I knew my electric supply would go off - them vouchers can't come soon enough.

Wow at Marina at #12 with the EH vinyl. I know on platforms it's listed as Marina but the artwork still says "and The Diamonds" so that's what i'll be posting tomorrow. I though Editors would be higher than Sports Team. That's a weird top end.

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...album-__37451/

26 September 2022
          D-Block Europe, Mark Owen, 5 Seconds of Summer and Sports Team in four-way charge for the UK’s Number 1 album

Can D-Block Europe secure their first UK chart-topping album this week?
          By George Griffiths
          D-Block Europe are currently leading an incredibly close four-way battle midweek to top the Official Albums Chart.

Lap 5, the independent London hip-hop collective’s – made up of Young Adz and Dirtbike LB – second studio album, is pacing to debut at Number 1, which would secure D-Block Europe their first-ever chart-topping record.

To date the pair have secured five Top 10s on the Official Albums Chart including 2020 debut album The Blue Print: Us vs Them (2) and most recent mixtape, 2021’s Home Alone 2 (6). See D-Block Europe’s full Official Charts history here.

But the race is far from over, less than 1,600 units separate all of the top four new entries at the midweek stage.

Take That member Mark Owen’s first solo record in nine years Land of Dreams (2) trails D-Block Europe by just 1,000 chart units, while Australian pop band 5 Seconds Of Summer’s fifth album 5SOS5 (3) and the second LP from indie-rock outfit Sports Team Gulp! (4) are all in the running to potentially triumph this week too.

Following the release of its very special 30th Anniversary Edition, ABBA’s record-breaking greatest hits collection ABBA Gold could ricochet back into the UK Top 10 (5), read more about ABBA Gold’s chart stats here.
          MORE: Every Official Number 1 album in the UK - ever

Brummie rock band Editors’ EBM (6) and Dereham folktronica innovator Beth Orton’s Weather Alive (8) could also debut inside the upper echelons of the Official Albums Chart to become their seventh and second Top 10 albums respectively.

Marina’s chart-topping 2012 pop opus Electra Heart is on course to re-enter the Official Albums Chart Top 20 following the vinyl release of its recent Platinum Blonde re-issue (12), while the 30th anniversary re-release of Alice In Chains’ Dirt (14) could see the album charting inside the UK Top 40 for the first time in its history.

EDM giants Swedish House Mafia’s April 2022 record Paradise Again could reach its highest position in the UK yet (16) thanks to its release on CD, while we could see Top 40 debuts from Ali, the collaborative record between Malian singer and guitarist Vieux Farka Touré and Houston experimental trio Khruangbin (19), and Tim Burgess’ Typical Music (25).

Hastings punk band Kid Kapichi have their eyes set on their first Top 40 record with second album Here’s What You Could Have Won (29), while blues legend Seasick Steve’s Only On Vinyl (31), and The British Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’s Bond 25 (Number 32), containing all 25 theme songs from the James Bond movies, are each on track for a Top 40 finish this week too.

And finally, English heavy metal idols Motörhead could re-enter the Top 40 at Number 39 with the 30th anniversary re-issue of their fifth album Iron Fist, which peaked at Number 6 in 1982.
          See the full Official Albums Chart Update Top 100 here from 5.45pm

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...unholy__37465/

27 September 2022
            Who is Kim Petras? Pop's best kept secret finally getting her big break with Sam Smith collab Unholy

After years of seeming on the verge of something great, she's finally getting her flowers with Unholy. But who is Kim Petras and how did she get here?
            By George Griffiths
            If you run in certain pop circles (Gay Twitter) you've likely been aware of Kim Petras for a long time. But to the average listener, pop's best kept secret over the last few years is finally making her big, commercial breakthrough with her collaboration with Sam Smith, Unholy.

As Unholy looks towards becoming the highest new entry in this week's Official Singles Chart - perhaps even offering up a challenge to David Guetta & Bebe Rexha at Number 1 with I'm Good (Blue) - we thought it was high time to take a deep dive into Kim's career so far, to discover why she's been on the radar for a hot minute.

Let's dive in...Whoo! Ahh!

So, who is Kim Petras?

Kim Petras is a Germany-born pop singer, now based in LA and signed to Republic Records, after previously releasing music through her own independent imprint, BunHead Records.

Born in 1992, Kim came to prominence towards the end of the 2010s with bright, candy-coloured pop music that soon caught the ear of many a pop fan, as well as a headline-grabbing verse on a Charli XCX song, Unlock It.

A cheery recurrence in each of Kim's song is the refrain 'whoo! ahh!', a bit like when RedOne used to shout himself out on the bangers he produced for Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez back in the day.

As one of the only visible trans artists making mainstream pop moments, Kim was one of the figureheads of a movement towards the end of the last decade that saw a cacophony of queer artists - such as Troye Sivan, Hayley Kiyoko and Lil Nas X - infiltrate the mainstream.

As a trans pop star, Kim's the importance of her emergence cannot be overstated. She technically makes more commercial music than her peers that include Arca, the late, great SOPHIE and recent alt-pop breakthrough Ethel Cain, and her ambitions to become A Big Pop Girl have always been clear.
            When did she start releasing music?

Kim first started properly releasing music in 2017, under her independent label, BunHead Records. She first gained notice with the track I Don't Want It All - a bubblegum pop track that gained a notable fan in Paris Hilton, who guest-starred in the track's music video.

The viral success of I Don't Want It At All lead to the release of several 'droplet' singles that all adhere to a very specific kind of sonic aesthetic; soaked in Y2K and dance-pop era bop, harkening back to the halcyon days of 2010 - 2012.

Has she got any albums I should listen to?

Yes! Kim has so far released two long-player projects, both in 2019.

Clarity is her LP debut proper, an eclectic mix of various different pop stylings from The Weeknd influenced electro-pop (Icy) to vibrant disco (Sweet Spot) and Daft Punk-esque French house (Personal Hell).

Turn Off The Lights is a fan favourite too - a composite record of her first Halloween-themed EP that was released with a bumper of additional tracks. It's a must-have for spooky season.

We're still waiting for Kim's major label debut under Republic, but earlier this year she released the EP Slut Pop, which is very chaotic and probably not meant for the years of children.
            What tracks should I listen to?

OK, let's break it down. Out of the droplet era singles, we would highly recommend Hillside Boys, a single that in a parallel universe was released by Katy Perry. We'd follow that up with the perky Faded, SOPHIE collaboration 1,2,3 Dayz Up and finally the magnificent Heart To Break, probably Kim's best attempt so far at a capital P pop single.

From her debut album Clarity, the singles Icy and Sweet Spot show a (shock) clarity of vision on where Kim slots in the pop world, as does Personal Hell and Call My Number.

From Turn Off The Lights, we would recommend shutting the curtains, lighting a candle and invoking the Pagan gods of old to There Will Be Blood and Close Your Eyes, which are surely screaming to be synced into a slasher movie soundtrack at SOME point.

Of her recent stuff, we'd check out the Dua Lipa-esque Future Starts Now and the TikTok hit Coconuts, plus summer anthem Malibu.

Kim also recently released a cover of Kate Bush's Number 1 hit Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God), which dials up the synth-pop elements several degrees. Originally released as an Amazon Music exclusive, it's since been dropped on streaming services - gaining over 20 million streams worldwide - and was actually Kim's first song to chart in the UK, reaching Number 100.
            When is Kim Petras releasing new music?

Although her major label debut remains out of reach, Kim has confirmed that a new single from her is on the way. If Jesus Was A Rockstar, produced by none other than Max Martin, has been teased on her TikTok and is coming...soon.

Article Image: Devin Kasparian

Unholy is out now via EMI. Kim's new single If Jesus Was A Rockstar is coming soon.

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
              Source: Music Week
              Missing Data:

Singles

1 David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (33,729)
              2 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy (33,290) *
              3 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (28,756)
              4 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (26,841)
              5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (21,552)

6-10
              7 Chris Brown - Under The Influence
              8 Luude & Mattafix - Big City Life

11-20
              11 Stormzy - Mel Made Me Do It *
              14 Anne-Marie & Aitch - Psycho
              15 Beyoncé - Cuff It
              20 Burna Boy feat. Ed Sheeran - For My Hand

21-30
              22 Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready?)
              24 D-Block Europe - 4 The Win *
              26 Rema (& Selena Gomez) - Calm Down
              28 Cian Ducrot (& Ella Henderson) - All For You

31-40
              31 George Ezra - Green Green Grass
              32 D-Block Europe feat. Burna Boy - She's Not Anyone *
              34 Fred Again.. & Swedish House Mafia feat. Future - Turn On The Lights Again..
              37 Alesso & Zara Larsson - Words ^
              37 Seafret - Atlantis ^
              40 D-Block Europe - Conor McGregor *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 D-Block Europe - Lap 5 (8,551) *
              2 5 Seconds Of Summer - 5SOS5 (6,832) *
              3 Sports Team - Gulp! (5,271) *
              4 Mark Owen - Land Of Dreams (4,924) *
              5 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits (4,253)

6-10
              8 Editors - EBM *

11-20
              12 Robbie Williams - XXV
              13 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour
              14 Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years: Don't Stop
              15 Beth Orton - Weather Alive *

21-30
              24 Alice In Chains - Dirt *
              26 Marina and The Diamonds - Electra Heart ^
              30 Vieux Farka Touré & Khruangbin - Ali *

31-40
              37 Swedish House Mafia - Paradise Again *
              38 Kid Kapichi - Here’s What You Could Have Won *

Comment

• Official First Look Chart: Full Update
                Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)
                2 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy
                3 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me
                4 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All)
                5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried
                6 Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl
                7 Chris Brown - Under the Influence
                8 Luude & Mattafix - Big City Life
                9 Beyoncé - Cuff It
                10 Anne-Marie & Aitch - Psycho

11 James Hype & Miggy Dela Rosa - Ferrari
                12 Steve Lacy - Bad Habit
                13 KSI feat. Tom Grennan - Not Over Yet
                14 Ed Sheeran - Celestial *
                15 Aitch & Ed Sheeran - My G
                16 Arctic Monkeys - Body Paint *
                17 KSI - Summer Is Over *
                18 Elton John & Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer
                19 Central Cee - Doja
                20 Tom Odell - Another Love

Comment

• https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-top-5__37506/

03 October 2022
                  George Michael, Slipknot, The Snuts and more lead all-new midweek albums Top 5

Posthumous anniversary re-issue Older could top Official Albums Chart again 26 years on...
                  By George Griffiths
                  George Michael’s Older re-issue is currently leading a close race for this week’s UK’s Number 1 album, with the possibility of an all-new Top 5.

Originally released in 1996, the Super Deluxe re-release of Older – featuring the album on vinyl for the first time - could top the charts again, 26 years on from its original release.

The third solo album from George, Older reached Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart and contained two UK Number 1 singles (Jesus To A Child and Fastlove).

But it’s far from being a done deal right now as heavy metal terrors Slipknot return with The End So Far (2). The follow-up to 2019’s chart-topping We Are Not Your Kind, Slipknot trail by less than 2,500 copies midweek and claim the most downloaded release of the week so far.
                  MORE: You can discover more about Older’s chart legacy here

Following on Slipknot’s heels are The Snuts and the second album from the Scottish indie-rockers, Burn The Empire (3). The Snuts became the first Scottish band to score a UK Number 1 debut album in 14 years last year when W.L landed straight in at the top of the Official Albums Chart.

Craig David returns with his eighth studio album 22 (4), while US alt-rock idols The Yeah Yeah Yeahs round up our all-new midweek Top 5 with their first album in nine years, Cool It Down (5).

Icelandic auteur Bjork returns from a long slumber with Fossora (6) which could become her first UK Top 10 album in 15 years, since 2007’s Volta. Bostonian band Pixies eye up their seventh Top 10 record with Doggerel (7) and alt-rock duo Shakespears Sister celebrate the 30th anniversary of second album Hormonally Yours (8), which originally peaked at Number 3 in 1992.

US rapper Denzel Curry zones in on his first Top 40-charting album in the UK with Melt My Eyez See Your Future (11), as do LA trio Gabriels with Angels & Queens (12).

Queen drummer Roger Taylor is on the path for his third Top 20 solo outing with The Outside Tour Live (15) as British new wave outfit Ultravox’s fifth record Rage In Eden paces to re-enter the chart for its 40th anniversary (16), it originally peaked Number 4 in 1981.

Last Whips II, the new mixtape from K-Trap could secure the Peckham rapper his sixth Top 40 project (19), while ascendant London multi-hyphenate Shygirl’s debut album Nymph paces for a debut of Number 21.

And finally, reformed synth-pop outfit Blancmange are on the path to securing their first charting UK Top 40 album in over 30 years with Private View currently expected to debut at Number 33, which would mark the best chart placing for the duo since 1984’s Top 10 hit record Mange Tout.
                  See the full Official Albums Chart Update Top 100 here from 5.45pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blancmange is just Neil Arthur now.

Royal Mail workers' strikes on Friday and Saturday will have impacted the albums chart so far so there may be big changes on Wednesday.

Comment

• wow, all new top 8.
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Yes i was wondering why the headline says new top 5 when it's actually a new top 8 (though its topped-and-tailed by reissues).

Comment

• Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                        Source: OCC
                        Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (18,755)
                        2 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy (18,589)
                        3 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (15,264)
                        4 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (14,503)
                        5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (11,857)

6-10
                        9 Beyoncé - Cuff It
                        10 KSI feat. Tom Grennan - Not Over Yet

11-20
                        14 Elton John & Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer
                        17 Ed Sheeran - Celestial *
                        18 Burna Boy feat. Ed Sheeran - For My Hand
                        20 Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready?)

21-30
                        21 Arctic Monkeys - Body Paint *
                        22 KSI - Summer Is Over *
                        26 Harry Styles - As It Was

31-40
                        35 Jax - Victoria's Secret *
                        36 Coolio feat. LV - Gangsta's Paradise ^
                        37 Arctic Monkeys - There'd Better Be A Mirrorball ^
                        39 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits ^

Top 100 Albums

1 George Michael - Older (11,010) [10,858 physicals] ^
                        2 Slipknot - The End, So Far (8,661) *
                        3 The Snuts - Burn The Empire (6,345) *
                        4 Craig David - 22 (4,034) *
                        5 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cool It Down (3,988) *

6-10
                        6 Björk - Fossora (3,832) *
                        7 Pixies - Doggerel (3,124) *
                        8 Shakespears Sister - Hormonally Yours (2,495) ^

11-20
                        11 Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future *
                        12 Gabriels - Angels & Queens - Part I (MA) *
                        15 Roger Taylor - The Outsider Tour Live *
                        16 Ultravox - Rage In Eden ^
                        19 K-Trap - The Last Whip II *

21-30
                        21 Shygirl - Nymph *

31-40
                        33 Blancmange - Private View *

Click on the above relevant links.

Comment

• 15 Aitch & Ed Sheeran - My G
                          wow, UK can not get enough of Ed
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Pixies, björk and the yeah yeah yeahs are some of my favourite artists ever. So great they all released on the same day and they all might hit top 10
                            "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemo View Post
                              Pixies, björk and the yeah yeah yeahs are some of my favourite artists ever. So great they all released on the same day and they all might hit top 10
                              Yeah I've bought all 3 - but I'm in the States .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
                                Source: OCC
                                Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (18,755)
                                2 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy (18,589)
                                3 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (15,264)
                                4 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (14,503)
                                5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (11,857)

6-10
                                9 Beyoncé - Cuff It
                                10 KSI feat. Tom Grennan - Not Over Yet

11-20
                                14 Elton John & Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer

21-30
                                21 Arctic Monkeys - Body Paint *
                                22 KSI - Summer Is Over *

31-40
                                36 Coolio feat. LV - Gangsta's Paradise ^
                                37 Arctic Monkeys - There'd Better Be A Mirrorball ^
                                39 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits ^

Top 100 Albums

1 George Michael - Older (11,010) [10,858 physicals] ^
                                2 Slipknot - The End, So Far (8,661) *
                                3 The Snuts - Burn The Empire (6,345) *
                                4 Craig David - 22 (4,034) *
                                5 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cool It Down (3,988) *

6-10
                                6 Björk - Fossora (3,832) *
                                7 Pixies - Doggerel (3,124) *
                                8 Shakespears Sister - Hormonally Yours (2,495) ^

11-20
                                11 Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future *
                                12 Gabriels - Angels & Queens - Part I (MA) *
                                15 Roger Taylor - The Outsider Tour Live *
                                16 Ultravox - Rage In Eden ^
                                19 K-Trap - The Last Whip II *

21-30
                                21 Shygirl - Nymph *

31-40
                                33 Blancmange - Private View *

Click on the above relevant links.

Underwhelming sales for slipknot, might end up being half the first week sakes of their last album two years ago, which I think was about 30k

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update
                                  Source: Music Week
                                  Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy (34,455)
                                  2 David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (31,849)
                                  3 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (26,423)
                                  4 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (24,592)
                                  5 Ed Sheeran - Celestial (21,629) *

6-10
                                  10 Beyoncé - Cuff It

11-20
                                  19 Burna Boy feat. Ed Sheeran - For My Hand

21-30
                                  21 Rema - Calm Down
                                  23 KSI - Summer Is Over *
                                  25 Arctic Monkeys - Body Paint *
                                  27 Cian Ducrot (& Ella Henderson) - All For You

31-40
                                  36 D4vd - Romantic Homicide *

Albums

1 George Michael - Older (12,791) ^
                                  2 Slipknot - The End, So Far (11,135) *
                                  3 The Snuts - Burn The Empire (7,673) *
                                  4 Craig David - 22 (5,000) *
                                  5 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cool It Down (4,821) *

6-10
                                  6 Björk - Fossora (4,726) *
                                  10 Pixies - Doggerel *

11-20
                                  13 Robbie Williams - XXV
                                  14 Gabriels - Angels & Queens - Part I (MA) *
                                  15 K-Trap - The Last Whip II [mixtape] *
                                  17 Shakespears Sister - Hormonally Yours ^
                                  18 Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future *

21-30
                                  28 Roger Taylor - The Outsider Tour Live *
                                  30 Ultravox - Rage In Eden ^

31-40
                                  32 Shygirl - Nymph *

Comment

• Amazing for George it looks like he will be number one again with older

Comment

• Bebe Rexha and Kim Petras fighting for #1 Spotify ww and #1 in UK, a parallel world really.

Comment

• Official First Look Chart: Update
                                        Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy
                                        2 David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)
                                        3 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me
                                        4 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried
                                        5 Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl
                                        6 Beyoncé - Cuff It
                                        7 Chris Brown - Under The Influence
                                        8 Anne-Marie & Aitch - Psycho
                                        9 Luude & Mattafix - Big City Life
                                        10 Steve Lacy - Bad Habit

11 Elton John & Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer
                                        12 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All)
                                        13 Aitch & Ed Sheeran - My G
                                        14 Ed Sheeran - Celestial
                                        15 Burna Boy feat. Ed Sheeran - For My Hand
                                        16 Tom Grennan - All These Nights *
                                        17 Tom Odell - Another Love
                                        18 Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready?)
                                        19 Cian Ducrot (& Ella Henderson) - All For You
                                        20 Rema (& Selena Gomez) - Calm Down

Comment

• Why has Tom Grennan's track suddenly taken off?

Edit: it appears the single has had a physical release.

Comment

• ^ Yes I wondered that Robbie - thanks for providing a probable answer. That is actually one of the few singles I've put on my 2022 playlist that has reached the Top 100! Another is Steve Lacy's 'Bad Habit' - I always keep a record of peak positions for singles I stream on both the main and sales-only chart (more stuff I like seems to register on the latter than the former), but when looking for a sales peak for this song I found nothing on any sales Top 100 since late June when it was released. I can't believe a track that's done so well over 15 weeks on streaming wouldn't have made some sort of reasonable dent on sales too, so is this a still-rare case of a title that's only so far been issued on streaming and not as a download? Perhaps the cat no cited on the ChartsPlus charts would give a clue on this?

Comment

• Do you mean is 'Bad Habit' by Steve Lacy available to download? If so, it is, but it's not selling that well on the format. It was at #110 on the Singles Downloads chart last week (thanks to UKChartsPlus) and is struggling to make the top 100. As it's not in the top 100 Downloads chart it's also not inside the Singles Sales top 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gambo View Post
                                                ^ Yes I wondered that Robbie - thanks for providing a probable answer. That is actually one of the few singles I've put on my 2022 playlist that has reached the Top 100! Another is Steve Lacy's 'Bad Habit' - I always keep a record of peak positions for singles I stream on both the main and sales-only chart (more stuff I like seems to register on the latter than the former), but when looking for a sales peak for this song I found nothing on any sales Top 100 since late June when it was released. I can't believe a track that's done so well over 15 weeks on streaming wouldn't have made some sort of reasonable dent on sales too, so is this a still-rare case of a title that's only so far been issued on streaming and not as a download? Perhaps the cat no cited on the ChartsPlus charts would give a clue on this?
                                                his whole album (and the single) are on iTunes as has been detailed in the iTunes thread right next to this thread (though the album only ever charted low). The track itself has not charted in the iTunes top 100 (at least when i and Kanga have checked).
                                                Last edited by Blondini; Mon October 10, 2022, 16:43.

Comment

• ^ Apologies I must've missed that - I don't check the iTunes thread as frequently as I used to. Thanks for confirming the position - very odd though. I know it's been commonplace for some years for lots of drill/rap/hip-hop/grime tracks not to do well on sales but excel on streaming, but personally I wouldn't categorise Lacy's offering as being in any of those genres. Oh well; streaming's what counts now so at least that is giving the song its elevated chart profile.

Comment

• It does seem odd to me, too though he was/is(?) a member of alt r n b band The Internet and has worked with Tyler, The Creator, Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X