• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Ahhh wonder where Muse are
    scraping the top 50, probably

Comment

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...orld__35003/77

17 January 2022
      The Wombats eyeing first UK Number 1 album with Fix Yourself, Not The World

Plus new entries Bonobo, Elvis Costello & The Imposters and The Lumineers.
      By George Griffiths
      The Wombats are heading for their first-ever UK Number 1 album this week with Fix Yourself, Not The World.

The Liverpool indie rockers take the lead with the most physically-purchased album of the week. The band previously achieved three consecutive UK Top 5 albums; 2011’s This Modern Glitch (3), 2015’s Glitterbug (5) and Beautiful People WIll Ruin Your Life (3) from 2018. See The Wombats Official Charts history in full here.

At Number 2 and the UK’s most-downloaded album of the week so far is another new entry from electronic musician Bonobo, Fragments could deliver Bonobo the highest-charting record of his career this Friday.

Chart icon Elvis Costello is eyeing up a debut at Number 3 with The Boy Named If, the new album with his band The Imposters, potentially his 14th UK Top 10 album.
      MORE: The Top 40 biggest albums of 2021

Reigning albums king The Weeknd slips to Number 6 midweek, but Dawn FM remains the UK’s most-streamed record of the week so far.

Elsewhere in the Top 10, The Lumineers are currently tracking to open at Number 7 with their fourth album Brightside, which would become the American folk band’s fourth UK Top 10 album. The final new entry in the Top 10 this week could be courtesy of British blues rock band The Temperance Movement, whose live album Caught On Stage: Live & Acoustic is eyeing a debut of Number 9.

Further down the chart, hard rock outfit Magnum could secure their 13th Top 40 album with The Monster Roars currently new at Number 17. Cat Power’s Covers album could debut at Number 32, while FKA twigs’ new mixtape Caprisongs is set to enter at Number 34.

Finally, K-pop boyband ENHYPEN are looking to debut at Number 37 with Dimension: Dilemma. If it holds on it will mark their first entry in the UK Top 40.

Meanwhile, as We Don't Talk About Bruno heads towards Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart, the Encanto soundtrack looks set to top the Official Compliations Chart for a third consecutive week.

The Official Albums Chart is revealed every Friday at 5.45pm on OfficialCharts.com and on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart with Scott Mills from 4pm.
      View the Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update

Check out the Top 100 Official Singles Chart Update

Comment

Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
        Source: OCC
        Missing Data: unknown

Top 100 Singles

1 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz (Encanto Cast) - We Don't Talk About Bruno (16,214)
        2 Gayle - ABCDEFU (14,980)
        3 Adele - Easy On Me (13,171)
        4 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru (10,494)
        5 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure (9,964)

6-10
        8 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You
        10 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)

11-20
        11 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti
        14 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
        15 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?
        16 Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Encanto Cast - The Family Madrigal
        17 Adele - Oh My God
        18 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

21-30
        21 Belters Only & Jazzy - Make Me Feel Good
        22 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
        24 Luude feat. Colin Hay - Down Under
        25 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
        26 Justin Bieber - Ghost
        27 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
        27 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe

31-40
        31 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
        33 Tiësto & Ava Max - The Motto ^
        34 Years & Years & Galantis - Sweet Talker
        35 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
        39 Muse - Won't Stand Down *
        40 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 The Wombats - Fix Yourself, Not The World (9,700) [8,953 physicals, 231 downloads, 516 streaming] *
        2 Bonobo - Fragments (5,299) *
        3 Elvis Costello & The Imposters - The Boy Named If (4,843) *
        4 Ed Sheeran - = (4,497)
        5 Adele - 30 (4,034)

6-10
        7 The Lumineers - Brightside *
        9 The Temperance Movement - Caught On Stage - Live & Acoustic *

11-20
        17 Magnum - The Monster Roars *

21-30

31-40
        32 Cat Power - Covers *
        33 Michael Jackson - Number Ones
        34 FKA Twigs - Caprisongs [mixtape] *
        35 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston
        36 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend
        37 Enhypen - Dimension: Dilemma *
        40 James Blunt - The Stars Beneath My Feet (2004-2021) ^

Click on the above relevant links.

SALES TO FOLLOW

Comment

Really hope The Wombats get to No 1. Will be nice to start the year with some proper music at the top of the album charts so early into the year. And it’s a great album too which always helps.

Comment

Originally posted by 97mde View Post
            Really hope The Wombats get to No 1. Will be nice to start the year with some proper music at the top of the album charts so early into the year. And it’s a great album too which always helps.
            Same here but I'm guessing their sales will be very front loaded. If they can get to about 13,000 by Thursday evening then they should get the number 1. I can see Ed and Adele getting to about 11k to 12k due to streaming in addition to physical sales.

Comment

I love me some Wombats but they’re in for a heck of a slide next week! They don’t even have the guaranteed radio 1 a listing anymore.
              1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

The Wombats sales are definitely very front loaded. Someone at BuzzJack has posted that the album only sold 300 copies on Sunday so may struggle to stay at #1 unless they push for extra sales such as discounting the price of the album.

Comment

Wednesday Top 40 Update
                  Source: Music Week
                  Missing Data:

Singles

1 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz (Encanto Cast) - We Don't Talk About Bruno (29,118)
                  2 Gayle - ABCDEFU (26,055)
                  3 Adele - Easy On Me (22,623)
                  4 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru (18,442)
                  5 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure (18,143)

6-10
                  10 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)

11-20
                  11 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti
                  14 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?
                  15 Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Encanto Cast - The Family Madrigal (12,462)
                  17 Adele - Oh My God
                  18 Belters Only & Jazzy - Make Me Feel Good

21-30
                  22 Luude feat. Colin Hay - Down Under
                  25 Justin Bieber - Ghost
                  27 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
                  28 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe

31-40
                  31 Hazy - Packs & Potions
                  34 Tiësto & Ava Max - The Motto ^
                  36 Game feat. Kanye West - Eazy *
                  37 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 The Wombats - Fix Yourself, Not the World (11,687)
                  2 Ed Sheeran - = (7,288)
                  3 Adele - 30 (6,569)
                  4 Bonobo - Fragments (6,458) *
                  5 Elvis Costello & The Imposters - The Boy Named If (6,277) *

6-10
                  7 Radiohead - Kid A mnesia (Kid A / Amnesiac) ^

11-20
                  12 The Lumineers - Brightside *

21-30
                  22 The Temperance Movement - Caught On Stage - Live & Acoustic *
                  29 Magnum - The Monster Roars *

31-40
                  36 Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston
                  38 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend
                  39 FKA Twigs - Caprisongs [mixtape] *
                  Last edited by Blondini; Sun January 23, 2022, 20:39.

Comment

I’m actually stunned R1 play music as good as The Wombats.

Comment

The only current regular show I know of now on Radio 1 which would still play the latest Wombats single (and indeed has done for the last few) is 'Future Sounds' presented by Clara Amfo at 6-8pm Monday to Thursday. There's a lot of guff inevitably to work through, but in between the dross there are sometimes some very good songs played and it's one of the few sources on radio that will play new releases which aren't - alas - necessarily destined for significant streaming or sales (and therefore chart) impact. I suspect that bands like them would also qualify for the 'Future Artists' playlisting with Jack Saunders too (on directly after Clara's show) although I can't say for sure as if I'm in I've usually switched back to TV by then!

I have liked a lot of Wombats stuff since their late '00s inception although I've been a tad less keen on their most recent releases. Nevertheless it's nice to see their album doing relatively well, albeit in a depressed market and ahead of the predictable precipitous fall the following week as only the committed fans will buy it.

Comment

Strangely, the Radiohead and Enhypen releases are nowhere to be seen on any charts today. Any info kingofskiffle ?
                        Radiohead is up only 1 place on Independent Albums at 37. https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-albums-chart/

EDIT: seems i didn't do the tagging properly!
                        Last edited by Blondini; Sun January 23, 2022, 18:19.

Comment

^ any info on the above kingofskiffle ? *crosses fingers*

Comment

When songs are reset to SCR like Adele's Easy On Me, do they get another 10th weeks, or if have 3 consecutive weeks of declining until go back to ACR? again?

Comment

Originally posted by Afterglow View Post
                              When songs are reset to SCR like Adele's Easy On Me, do they get another 10th weeks, or if have 3 consecutive weeks of declining until go back to ACR? again?
                              3 consecutive weeks, so next week (not this week's chart to come) is when Adele (and some but not all of the other manual resets) will probably go back to ACR,

Comment

Official First Look Chart Update
                                Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru
                                2 Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz (Encanto Cast) - We Don't Talk About Bruno
                                3 Gayle - ABCDEFU
                                4 Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell ^
                                5 Adele - Easy On Me
                                6 Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure
                                7 Meat Loaf (feat. Mrs Loud) - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) ^
                                8 Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott - Where Are You Now?
                                9 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
                                10 Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

11 D-Block Europe feat. Central Cee - Overseas
                                12 Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Encanto Cast - The Family Madrigal
                                13 Digga D & Still Brickin - Pump 101 *
                                14 Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti
                                15 Meat Loaf - Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad ^
                                16 ArrDee - Flowers (Say My Name)
                                17 SwitchOTR feat. A1 x J1 - Coming for You
                                18 Acraze feat. Cherish - Do It To It
                                19 Belters Only & Jazzy - Make Me Feel Good
                                20 Ed Sheeran - Shivers

Bad luck for You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) as it could have reached a new chart peak if not for the 3 songs per artist rule. It could yet overtake Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad but then that would fail to reach a new peak.

Comment

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...h-peru__35064/

23 January 2022
                                  Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran aiming for UK's Number 1 single with Peru

Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran's Afrobeats hit is leading the Official Chart: First Look, while the late Meat Loaf could see three of his classic hits return.
                                  By Helen Ainsley
                                  Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran are leading the way on this week’s Official Chart: First Look with Peru, as the Afrobeats hit heads for Number 1.

The track, which previously spent four weeks atop the Official UK Afrobeats Chart, is up three places to Number 1 after 48 hours thanks to strong sales on CD single.

If Peru can hold on, it will mark Nigerian singer Fireboy DML’s first UK Number 1 single, and Ed Sheeran’s 14th.

We Don’t Talk About Bruno from Encanto - which last week became the first original Disney song to ever reach Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart - is at Number 2 today, but is leading on streams and could potentially reclaim its place at the top.
                                  MORE: Disney's Official Top 100 most-streamed songs in the UK

Following news of the death of Meat Loaf last week (January 20), three of the iconic performer’s songs could return to the Official Singles Chart.

Bat Out Of Hell is currently at Number 4, which would mark a new peak for the song if it holds its place. His 1993 Number 1 I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) is at Number 7, and Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad is set to enter the Top 20 for the very first time at Number 15, having originally peaked at Number 32 in September 1978.

The last time Meat Loaf had a single in the Official Singles Chart Top 40 was November 2006, with It's All Coming Back To Me Now ft. Marion Raven which reached Number 6.

Belgian DJ Lost Frequencies and singer Calum Scott could rise into this week’s Top 10 with Where Are You Now, which is up three to Number 8 on the First Look. If it can hold on the track will be both artists’ second Top 10 single.

Finally, Digga D returns with Pump 101, a collaboration with Liverpool rapper Still Brickin. Currently at Number 13, the song will mark Digga D’s tenth UK Top 40 hit and Still Brickin’s first.

The Official Chart: First Look offers a first glance of the Top 20 ahead of Friday’s Official Singles Chart Top 100. The chart is based on preliminary sales and early streaming reports.

Comment

When will it stop
                                    1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

I think Encanto will return to the top by Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                        I think Encanto will return to the top by Friday.
                                        I expect you're right. Anyone know how many signed CDs there are? If there's only 5-10,000 then I'd say Encanto will definitely be no.1. If it's alot more then it may stay there (assuming they sell them all)
                                        Last edited by braindeadpj; Sun January 23, 2022, 19:37.

Comment

What...? So Ed Sheeran will get his 14º #01 song this week...?
                                          So will be ahead of Madonna already and tie with Cliff Richard and Westlife.

If he continues going at this speed he will become in no time the artist with most #01's in UK (still a bit to get to 21 but it looks like he may do it).

Comment

^ any info on the above kingofskiffle ? *crosses fingers*
                                            Dimension: Dilemma by Enhypen is at 107 as a re-entry (14 in Scotland, so will be shown on the OCC website).

As to Radiohead... I don't know the title and don't think the have a new one? Unless I've missed something. They have no albums in the main 200, and the only one you don't know about is 'The Bends' at 138 on Downloads. Downloads also has OK Computer, but, as I said, you know that position from the OCC website.
                                            http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
                                            Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

Originally posted by kingofskiffle View Post

Dimension: Dilemma by Enhypen is at 107 as a re-entry (14 in Scotland, so will be shown on the OCC website).

As to Radiohead... I don't know the title and don't think the have a new one? Unless I've missed something. They have no albums in the main 200, and the only one you don't know about is 'The Bends' at 138 on Downloads. Downloads also has OK Computer, but, as I said, you know that position from the OCC website.
                                              Kid A / Amnesiac was #7 in last Wednesday's mids and has just vanished! They said on BuzzJack it was late vinyls, i think. But it's nowhere on any physical charts. Oops, i missed that Scottish chart.

Comment

Kid A / Amnesiac was #7 in last Wednesday's mids and has just vanished! They said on BuzzJack it was late vinyls, i think. But it's nowhere on any physical charts. Oops, i missed that Scottish chart.
                                                Yeah nowhere... very odd!
                                                http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
                                                Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
                                                  What...? So Ed Sheeran will get his 14º #01 song this week...?
                                                  So will be ahead of Madonna already and tie with Cliff Richard and Westlife.

If he continues going at this speed he will become in no time the artist with most #01's in UK (still a bit to get to 21 but it looks like he may do it).
                                                  Which artist/band has 21 weeks at #01?

Comment

Originally posted by Afterglow View Post

Which artist/band has 21 weeks at #01?
                                                    You mean from all songs they have had at #01 weeks summed up?

There are a few (especially because streaming may help songs stay at #01 longer than they used to - but not so long as some past early 90's phenomenos):

Not sure I put all of them but they are still a few:

Elvis Presley - 80 weeks
                                                    The Beatles - 65 weeks
                                                    Ed Sheeran - 60 weeks
                                                    Cliff Richard - 46 weeks
                                                    Justin Bieber - 38 weeks
                                                    Abba - 31 weeks
                                                    Calvin Harris - 31 weeks
                                                    Drake - 31 weeks
                                                    Madonna - 29 weeks
                                                    Take That - 29 weeks
                                                    Elton John - 28 weeks
                                                    Rihanna - 25 weeks
                                                    Wet Wet Wet - 23 weeks
                                                    Spice Girls - 22 weeks
                                                    Shadows - 21 weeks
                                                    Queen - 21 weeks

Oficial Charts in UK started in November 1952.

As you can see this past decade (and early 2020 and 2021) have had 5 artists represented here (Rihanna started in the 00's but only 3 weeks at #01 in the 00's and 22 weeks were already in 10's) comparing to only 11 artists that had achieved this during the previous 6 decades (50's, 60's, 70's 80', 90's and 00's). Got you thinking how streaming is screwing up charts to compare artists achievements now.

Hope didn't leave anyone out (there are a few artists that were at #01 for 20 weeks but not 21 weeks including Westlife that had 14 #01 singles).

As market have been different during the decades we see that in some decades not many songs would stay many weeks at #01. With tech improvements and logistics the late 90's and early 00's are famous for more #01 singles and less weeks at #01 as people rushed to buy the singles/songs on first weeks of release (that would then listen at home during months). That' also why Eminem only have 10 weeks at #01 despite having 10 #01 songs. Now as it's not what people rush to buy that is on the charts but what people listen to at home it's unfair to compare any artists from the streaming era with previous charting artists as the chart don't track the same thing anymore.

Elton John was at 23 weeks with 7 singles at #01 before 2021 (so already above 21 weeks). During 2021 adding up 3 singles at #01 and 5 more weeks. As 2 of those were Christmas songs he may add a few weeks next year with his song with Ed Sheeran (that was 3 weeks at #01) - wonders of streaming.

In case anyone is wondering where is Michael Jackson: he spent "only" 16 weeks at #01 in UK and he had 7 #01 songs in UK but he managed to have 44 TOP 10 singles - mostly when songs had to be released as singles to chart (showing that weeks at #01 aren't worth that much and even many #01 songs isn't always a sign that you will become one of the best of all time - look at Westlife now). In case you are asking Adele also spent 16 weeks at #01 in UK but she only had 3 songs to reach the Top of the charts in UK.
                                                    Last edited by MadNuno; Mon January 24, 2022, 12:51.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X