• Show
Clear All

• MadNuno
    replied
    Double post

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    The Kendrick album was already out on CD (and cassette) - i just checked and it was the vinyl release on Aug 26th https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/kendri...steppers/lp-x2

It's not the first Blondie box set, it's the first to be approved by all seven members from that era.

Silk Sonic is also vinyl only - the CD was out already. That seems to have been delayed by a week as i had it down earlier.

Bastille at 21 is a deluxe.
    Last edited by Blondini; Tue August 30, 2022, 13:42.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Albums Updade: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart-update/

#01 Muse (new)
    #02 Harry Styles
    #03 Kendrick Lamar (re-entry)
    #04 Embrace (new)
    #05 DJ Khaled (new)
    #06 Ed Sheeran
    #07 Beyoncé
    #08 Elvis
    #09 Abba
    #10 Weeknd

#11 Blondie (new)
    #12 Altered Images (new)
    #15 Machine Head (new)

#33 Julia Jacklin (new)
    #39 Charlatans (new)

#56 JID (new)
    #61 Revivals Black (new)
    #74 Nicki Minaj (new)
    #79 Ezra Furman
    #87 Louge Society

Last week TOP 3 are so far falling deeply as expected:

#17 Madonna (#03)
    #20 Steps (#01)
    #31 Aitch (#02)

Surprised Madonna is holding better than the others but Aitch should rise a bit as it have sales more based on streams.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...nology__37297/

30 August 2022
    Muse's Will Of The People album on course to become first-ever Official Number 1 album using NFT technology

English rock band Muse's ninth studio album is also outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined at the midweek mark
    By Carl Smith
    Muse could claim an Official Albums Chart first this week, with Will Of The People tracking to become the UK’s first-ever Number 1 album using NFT (non-fungible token) technology, according to the Official Charts Company.

The English rock group, comprising Matt Bellamy, Chris Wolstenholme and Dominic Howard, are currently outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined with their ninth studio album, which is set to become the band’s seventh UK Number 1.

Moreover, Will Of The People could well become the UK’s first-ever chart-topper to contain NFT elements. With the release of a limited edition ‘Digital Pressing,’ a collaboration between Warner Music UK and eco-friendly music web3 marketplace Serenade, Will Of The People is on track to break new ground on the Official Albums Chart, after Aitch’s Close To Home became the first NFT project to enter the UK’s Official Chart last week. Read more about Muse’s innovative NFT release here.

MORE: Explore Muse's full Official Charts history here

Elsewhere in the midweek Top 10, Kendrick Lamar’s Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers vaults an incredible 69 places following the physical release of the record on vinyl and CD (3). The Compton-born rapper’s fifth studio LP, it reached Number 2 upon its digital release in May.

Embrace look set to score their eighth UK Top 10 album with How To Be A Person Like Other People this week (4). The Yorkshire rock export, comprising Danny and Richard McNamara, Steve Firth, Mike Heaton and Mickey Dale, last enjoyed Top 10 success with 2018 record Love Is A Basic Need (5). See Embrace’s full Official Charts history here.

DJ Khaled is on course for a career best with his thirteenth studio album GOD DID this week (5). The Louisiana-born producer, real name Khaled Mohammed, previously enjoyed an Official Albums Chart peak with his 2019 release Father of Asahd (6).

Blondie’s first-ever box set release, Against The Odds 1974-1982, could provide frontwoman Debbie Harry and co. their fifteenth UK Top 40 record this week. The New York City-formed rock group’s compilation tracks for a Number 11 debut at the midweek mark. Explore Blondie’s full Official Charts history here.

Currently on course for their first chart placing in nearly 40 years, Altered Images’ Mascara Streakz starts out at Number 12 midweek. The record is the Scottish new-wave group’s first new release in 39 years; the band last achieving Official Albums Chart success with 1983’s Bite (16). Take a tour of Altered Images’ chart history and discover their most-streamed tracks in the UK here.

As it finally becomes available on physical formats, Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak’s collaborative record An Evening With Silk Sonic could return to the Top 40 this week at Number 13. The record originally peaked at Number 9 in November 2021.

Californian heavy metal outfit Machine Head could claim their eighth UK Top 40 record with tenth studio album ØF KINGDØM AND CRØWN (15), while Bastille’s Number 1 album Give Me The Future repackaged with new release Dreams Of The Past eyes a return to the Top 40 (21).

Sydney-born singer-songwriter Julia Jacklin is on course for a career best with PRE PLEASURE this week (33) and, finally, The Charlatans’ could bag their eighteenth UK Top 40 LP with Live At Reading Festival 1992 (39).
    See the full Official Albums Chart Update Top 100 here.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...ingle-__37298/

30 August 2022
    Britney Spears & Elton John and Eliza Rose challenging reigning champs LF System for the UK’s Number 1 single

One breakthrough dance single, another legendary meet-up between two chart titans and the longest-running dance Number 1 of all time in the UK...whose going to come out on top?

By George Griffiths
    There’s currently a three-way battle for Number 1 on this week’s Official Singles Chart, as Britney Spears & Elton John’s hotly anticipated collaboration Hold Me Closer and rising DJ Eliza Rose’s B.O.T.A. (Baddest Of Them All) challenge current chart-toppers LF SYSTEM to this week's singles crown.

As it currently stands, just 1,200 chart units separate Afraid To Feel (1), B.O.T.A (2) and Hold Me Closer (3) - it’s all to play for in the second half of the week as Elton & Britney storm ahead as the highest new entry and the UK’s most downloaded track of the week so far, while LF System’s reigning Number 1 is the one to beat on streams.

Currently slated to enter at Number 3, Hold Me Closer could be Britney’s highest-charting hit since Scream & Shout reached Number 1 in 2012 and Elton’s fourth consecutive single to peak inside the Top 10 too. Elton’s previous releases Cold Heart with Dua Lipa, Merry Christmas with Ed Sheeran and Sausage Rolls For Everyone with LadBaby and Ed Sheeran all reached Number 1 – could his latest collaboration with Britney do the same in the coming weeks?M
    MORE: Re-visit Britney’s biggest singles and albums in the UK here.

Elsewhere, OneRepublic’s Top Gun: Maverick anthem I Ain’t Worried could reach its highest peak in the UK yet (4), as could James Hype’s fast-rising dance anthem Ferrari with Miggy Dela Rosa (6) and Australian DJ Luude’s follow-up to Down Under, Big City Life (10) with Mattafix.

David Guetta and Bebe Rexha set TikTok alight with a scrapped demo for a song that sampled Eiffel 65’s iconic dance track Blue (Da Ba Dee). Now, five years on from first recording it, I’m Good (Blue) is on track to debut in the UK at Number 8 – the second best-selling single of the week so far.

Outside the Top 10, Joel Corry & Becky Hill eye up a new peak with History (18), as does Chris Brown’s Under The Influence (23) and Burna Boy and Ed Sheeran’s Hold My Hand (24).

Acclaimed producer Fred again.. earned his first-ever UK Top 40 entry as a credited artist last week with Swedish House Mafia link-up Turn On The Lights Again, which is now expected to vault up six places to a new peak of Number 34.

And finally, we’re potentially looking at two new entries further down the chart; DJ Khaled with God Did featuring Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, John Legend and Fridayy (36) and Bugzy Malone and Mist’s Energy (38).

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart-update/
    Last edited by MadNuno; Tue August 30, 2022, 13:32.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    ^ apparently Radio 1 did announce that Elton and Britney was First Look number 1 but that's it.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    BBC Radio 1 had Reading Festival on yesterday so no First Look. Bank holiday today so no update til tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    No news on any midweeks for this week yet...?

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by HotPotato View Post
    Steps showing HOW. TO. WORK. A. CAMPAIGN.

Put the hours in in advance and on the ground and turn legacy love into gold

#nailedit
    ​​​​​
    I'm sure that despite all Madonna will end making more money since her most cheap release is £11.99 while Steps have buy 2 for £8 (so £4 each) from digital albums. Also their vinyls are almost half the price compared to Madonna album (despite both being 2 discs).

Steps have 27 different record options selling (including elligible chart bundles and signed records) while Madonna have just 7.

They did also put a lot of effort and work on promotion too (doing store signings and going to TV shows).

Leave a comment:

• HotPotato
    replied
    Steps showing HOW. TO. WORK. A. CAMPAIGN.

Put the hours in in advance and on the ground and turn legacy love into gold

#nailedit
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    It looks like Steps will really end up getting their 4th #01 on the album charts.

Madonna not only won't get her 13th #01 album as it will most probably even switch places with Aitch as he have great streams comparing so she may end up the week at #03 (still great for an old remixes compilation album).

Panic At The Disco may step ahead of Oasis to end up at #04 on the album charts.

Five Finger Death Punch may end up outside the TOP 10 (it mostly have pure sales)

On Single charts One Republic may end up at #04

Will Nicki Minaj climb to #10? Wish we had those numbers (#10 and #11) from Monday and Tuesday updates.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wednesday Top 40 Update
    Source: Music Week
    Missing Data:

Singles

1 LF System - Afraid To Feel (25,630)
    2 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (23,191)
    3 George Ezra - Green Green Grass
    4 Beyoncé - Break My Soul
    5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried

6-10
    6 Aitch & Ed Sheeran - My G *
    8 James Hype & Miggy Dela Rosa - Ferrari
    10 Luude & Mattafix - Big City Life

11-20
    11 Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl
    15 Harry Styles - Late Night Talking
    20 Blackpink - Pink Venom *

21-30
    23 Rosa Linn - Snap
    27 Chris Brown - Under The Influence
    29 Nicky Youre & Dazy - Sunroof

31-40
    33 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
    37 Tom Grennan - Remind Me ^
    40 Glass Animals - Heat Waves ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Steps - Platinum Collection (19,594) *
    2 Madonna - Finally Enough Love (12,581) *
    3 Aitch - Close To Home (12,276) *
    4 Oasis - Be Here Now ^
    5 Panic! At the Disco - Viva Las Vengeance *

6-10
    6 Demi Lovato - Holy Fvck *
    10 Hot Chip - Freakout/Release *

11-20
    11 Five Finger Death Punch - Afterlife *

21-30

31-40
    32 Fisherman's Friends - Fisherman's Friends: One and All (OST) *

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    We have belated Tuesday sales

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday Top 40 Update
    Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube (all for Monday) and Asda (for Sunday)

Singles

1 LF System - Afraid To Feel (20.6k)
    2 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (18.1k)
    3 George Ezra - Green Green Grass (15.4k)
    4 Beyoncé - Break My Soul (13.9k)
    5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (13.5k)

6-10
    7 Aitch & Ed Sheeran - My G *

11-20
    15 Harry Styles - Late Night Talking
    18 Blackpink - Pink Venom *

21-30
    24 Rosa Linn - Snap
    27 Chris Brown - Under The Influence
    29 Nicky Youre & Dazy - Sunroof

31-40
    33 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
    34 Lizzo - About Damn Time
    37 Tom Grennan - Remind Me ^
    40 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits ^

Albums

1 Steps - Platinum Collection (17.5k) *
    2 Madonna - Finally Enough Love (11.9k) *
    3 Aitch - Close To Home (9.6k) *
    4 Oasis - Be Here Now (6.2k) ^
    5 Panic! At the Disco - Viva Las Vengeance (6.1k) *

6-10
    9 Hot Chip - Freakout/Release *
    10 Five Finger Death Punch - Afterlife *

11-20

21-30
    29 Fisherman's Friends - Fisherman's Friends: One and All (OST) *

31-40
    35 Paolo Nutini - Last Night In The Bittersweet

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Out of the weeks new releases I would have guessed Panic would be leading!

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    So Steps are clearly ahead.

They did released over 17 versions of the album (and 5 more today, so 22 versions) so they will most probably end at #01 as if someone gets near them they probably release another different version or do another store signing or something.

Madonna is not as close as OCC lead us to believe. She may even end up at #03 (still amazing for a remix compilation wtih songs 40 years old to 3 yo the most recent one - all remastered to 2022 though). It's still a great album, 50 dance party tracks with no skips.

Her album still only have 7 versions out there and even if she is selling more than Steps now it's still a long way to catch them up (they were pretty front loaded for sure but probably so was Madonna). If her label releases any other physical version during this week she may keep the #02 but it's unlikely she will get to be the new UK #01.

Aitch does have much more streams than Madonna or Steps but to get to #01 it's a long hard way not easy to achieve (not impossible though). He have half the sales right now (and Steps just released 5 new versions of the album today and will be signing albums at record stores on Wendesday).

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
    double
    you seem to have deleted/cut both your posts!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
    Source: OCC
    Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 LF System - Afraid To Feel
    2 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest Of Them All)
    3 George Ezra - Green Gree Grass
    4 Beyonce - Break My Soul
    5 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried

6-10

7 Aitch & Ed Sheeran - My G *

11-20

15 Blackpink - Pink Venom *

21-30

23 Burna Boy ft. Ed Sheeran - For My Hand
    26 Rosa Linn - Snap
    28 Chris Brown - Under The Influence
    29 Cian Ducrot - All For You
    30 Nicky Youre & Dazy - Sunroof

31-40

31 DJ Khaled ft. Drake & Lil Baby - Stayin Alive
    39 Diplo & Miguel - Don't Forget My Love
    40 Cat Burns - Go

NO SINGLES DATA YET

Top 100 Albums

1 Steps - Platinum Collection * (16,609)
    2 Madonna - Finally Enough Love * (11,192)
    3 Aitch - Close To Home * (8,394)
    4 Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance *
    5 Oasis - Be Here Now ^

6-10

7 Hot Chip - Freakout/Release *
    9 Five Finger Death Punch - Afterlife *

11-20

15 David Bowie - No Trendy Rechauffe - Live Birmingham 95 *

21-30

29 Fisherman's Friends - Fisherman's Friends: One and All (OST) *

31-40

36 The Chats - Get F*cked *
    37 Lauran Hibberd - Garageband Superstar *
    38 R.E.M. - Chronic Town (MA) *
    40 The Waterboys - All Souls Hill *

Click on the above relevant links.
    Last edited by Blondini; Mon August 22, 2022, 20:07.

Leave a comment:

• SerbianInLA
    replied
    I mean wow for Madonna honestly!

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    double

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    MW:

Steps are out in front in the race for the No.1 album this week, but it’s still an open contest with no fewer than eight new releases currently pushing for a Top 10 finish.

According to the Midweek Sales flash, Steps’ Platinum Collection is the leader at this stage on 16,609 sales, followed by Madonna’s Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones at No.2 on 11,192. Steps are hoping for a fourth No.1 with their collection, while Madonna’s remix compilation would be a 13th chart-topper if it did overtake the UK pop quartet. [sic]

While Aitch is trailing in third place with debut album Close To Home (8,394) at this point in the chart week, the UK rapper’s superior streaming volumes mean he can’t be written off.

Other new entries in the Midweek Top 10 include Panic At The Disco’s Viva Las Vengeance at No.4, a 25th anniversary edition of Oasis’ Be Here Now at No.5, Demi Lovato’s Holy Fvck at No.6, and Hot Chip’s Freakout/Release at No.7. The Top 10 entries are rounded off by a No.9 appearance for Afterlife by Five Finger Death Punch.

In the singles chart, LF System are in pole position with Afraid To Feel, which is chasing an eighth week at the summit. The Scottish duo’s nearest rival is another dance track, BOTA (Baddest Of Them All), by Eliza Rose and Interplanetary Criminal. Both singles are released by Warner Records.

Aitch and Ed Sheeran have the highest new entry with My G at No.7. Pink Venom by Blackpink is new at No.15.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    This week seems much more interesting... new TOP 5 and 3 contenders for number #01! We need the numbers

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    I will obviously check their Twitter first in future. (although i may not be around at 5 in a few weeks due to work)

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

The OCC article is out now, just read it now!

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...mber-1__37235/
    It's not on the front page "news" index at all!

Weird!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 August 2022
    Steps' Platinum Collection, Madonna's Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones and Aitch's Close to Home battle it out for Official Albums Chart Number 1

Steps lead the charge in what could be an all-new Top 5 - can they hold off tough competition from Madonna and Aitch?
    By Carl Smith
    Athree-way midweek chart battle is underway on the Official Albums Chart with Steps, Madonna and rapper Aitch all vying for a taste of Number 1 success.

Steps lead the charge on today’s Official Albums Chart Update, currently out in front with their Platinum Collection.

The pop group, comprising Claire Richards, Faye Tozer-Smith, Ian ‘H’ Watkins, Lisa Scott-Lee and Lee Latchford-Evans, celebrate a glittering career spanning 25 years with their latest release. Should it hold on, Platinum Collection will become Steps’ fourth UK chart-topper to date, and first in 11 years.

The iconic quintet already boast Number 1s with second studio LP Steptacular (1999), plus previous compilations Gold: Greatest Hits (2001) and The Ultimate Collection (2011). Read our exclusive interview with Steps’ Lisa here.

MORE: See Steps' full Official Charts history so far

It’s by no means a done deal, however, as the undisputed Queen of Pop Madonna is hot on their heels with new compilation Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones. The record, which sees her eclectic back catalogue remixed by the likes of Honey Dijon and Felix Da Housecat, is currently tracking at Number 2 debut after a weekend of sales. But could Madonna go all the way and add to her list of 12 UK Number 1 albums? Explore Madonna’s full Official Charts history here.

Meanwhile 22-year-old rapper Aitch looks set to give both acts a run for their money with his debut LP Close to Home. The Mancunian rapper, born Harrison James Armstrong, is ahead of them both on streams, out-streaming Steps by nearly 7:1, which will play to his advantage as the chart week progresses. With 7 UK Top 10 singles under his belt, as well as two Top 10 EPs - 2019’s AitcH20 (3) and 2020 release Polaris (7), could Close To Home be the record to finally take him all the way to Number 1?

Viva Las Vengeance could provide Panic! At The Disco their fifth UK Top 10 record this week. Their third album released as a solo Brendon Urie project, and seventh under the band name overall, eyes a Number 4 entry.

25 years after its original release, Oasis’ Be Here Now is on track for a return to the Top 5 thanks to a new collection of silver anniversary formats (5). The third studio album from Manchester-born rock legends Liam and Noel Gallagher, famed for its unconventional release rollout, first topped the chart in August 1997. Test your knowledge of the Be Here Now album with our exclusive quiz here.

Demi Lovato looks set to score their fifth UK Top 10 album with Holy Fvck at the midweek mark (6). The Albuquerque-born singer previously enjoyed similar success with 2013’s Demi (10), 2015 LP Confident (6), 2017 release Tell Me You Love Me (5) and 2021’s Dancing with the Devil… The Art of Starting Over (2).

MORE: 41 iconic albums turning 20 in 2022

English synth-pop outfit Hot Chip are on track to return to the Top 10 for the first time in 14 years with Freakout/Release, their eighth studio album (7). The band, comprising Alexis Taylor, Joe Goddard, Al Doyle, Owen Clarke and Felix Martin, last enjoyed Top 10 success with 2008 LP Made in the Dark (4). See Hot Chip’s full Official Charts history here.

The last of what could be eight new entries in this week’s Top 10 comes courtesy of Five Finger Death Punch, with their ninth studio record AfterLife (9). To date, the Las Vegas-formed heavy metal group boast three UK Top 10 albums; 2015’s Got Your Six (6), 2018 LP And Justice for None (7) and 2020 release F8 (7).

David Bowie could add to his 67-strong list of UK Top 40 albums this week, with live record No Trendy Réchauffé (Live Birmingham 95) set to enter at Number 15 thanks to a re-release. The album originally peaked at Number 86 upon its release in November 2020.

Further down the midweek chart, Port Talbot-born male singing group Fisherman’s Friends eye their fourth Top 40 entry with the soundtrack to their latest feature film Fisherman’s Friends: One and All (26). See Fisherman’s Friends’ full Official Chart history here.

Elsewhere, Aussie punk-rockers The Chats may bag their first-ever UK Top 40 album with Get F*cked (36) while Isle of Wight-born singer-songwriter Lauran Hibberd could also score her first Official Albums Chart appearance with debut LP Garageband Superstar (37).

40 years on from its original release, a standalone CD edition available for the first time sees R.E.M’s debut EP Chronic Town on track for a Top 40 entry (38).

And finally, The Waterboys’ latest studio album All Souls Hill could land the Scottish-Irish folk group their 11th UK Top 40 release to date (40).
    See this week's full Official Albums Chart Top 100 here from 5.45pm.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post

no - annoyingly, the usual 5pm top 40 update hasn't arrived, either
    The OCC article is out now, just read it now!

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
    Any early info on the albums charts yet?
    no - annoyingly, the usual 5pm top 40 update hasn't arrived, either

Leave a comment:

• Afterglow
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    I can’t with these two scrawny white guys coming out with “My G”
    "My G" is dedicated to Aitch's little sister Gracie. Funds from the video are being donated to the Down's Syndrome Association. plus Aitch's real name is Harrison, so like H = Aitch and G = Gee, for his family nicknames

Leave a comment:

Working...
X