No announcement yet.

Irish Album Charts 1993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember hearing a chart show on 2FM on Sunday evenings which counted down the album charts - this would have been around 1989 as I remember it featuring stuff like Simply Red's A New Flame and Gloria Estefan's Cuts Both Ways.

Comment

December 26th, 1993 Incomplete

TW LW ALBUM ARTIST
      01 01 SO FAR SO GOOD - BRYAN ADAMS
      02 02 KING PUCK - CHRISTY MOORE
      03 04 EXPERIENCE THE DIVINE - GREATEST HITS - BETTE MIDLER
      04 05 A TRIBUTE TO JOHN MCCORMACK - FINBAR WRIGHT
      05 03 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 26 - VARIOUS ARTISTS
      07 10 IN PIECES - GARTH BROOKS
      08 06 BEST OF DANCE 93 - VARIOUS ARTISTS
      09 15 ORIGINALS - VARIOUS ARTISTS
      10 18 ONE WOMAN - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION - DIANA ROSS

11 12 BAT OUT OF HELL II - BACK INTO HELL - MEAT LOAF
      12 13 THE ONE THING - MICHAEL BOLTON
      13 08 THE GREATEST HITS OF 1993 - VARIOUS ARTISTS
      14 09 NO FENCES - GARTH BROOKS
      15 14 SO CLOSE - DINA CARROLL
      16 11 EVERYTHING CHANGES - TAKE THAT
      17 16 END OF PART ONE - THEIR GREATEST HITS - WET WET WET
      18 20 THE BODYGUARD - SOUNDTRACK
      19 07 THE BEST CHRISTMAS...EVER! - VARIOUS ARTISTS
      20 17 DUETS - ELTON JOHN

This is the chart as counted down on the 2FM chart show on Christmas Day.

Comment

Thanks for that Shakyfan. Do you know which album was #6 that week?
        The 65th Beatle

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha

I've seen some info dating back to 1989, but there is no data base unfortunately.

Thankfully beatlened is sharing the info he has with us!

What is the next year you will share? Thank you
          I think I'll do 1994. Hopefully I will get this started today
          The 65th Beatle

Comment

Originally posted by beatlened
            Thanks for that Shakyfan. Do you know which album was #6 that week?
            Billy Joel - River of Dreams at 6 up from 19!

Comment

ALL THE HITS OF 1993

07-Nov-93 Madonna . MUSIC BOX 26 4
              Who can explain this? I see when I look at the thread "Madonna". In Propercase, not uppercase like everything else. When I quote it, it shows "Mariah Carey", also in Propercase. In fact when I post it here Mariah Carey shows as Madonna and Madonna shows as Mariah Carey. What's visible in the quote above is not what I can see on the thread if that makes any sense. I see Music Box showing as Madonna all the way through the thread.
              This is very hard to explain when every time I try to type Madonna it shows as Mariah Carey. When you see the artist name with no space where it should have one in it I'm typing Ms Ciccione.

What does everyone else see next to music box in the list of hits of the year?
              The 65th Beatle

Comment

Who can explain this? I see when I look at the thread "Madonna". In Propercase, not uppercase like everything else. When I quote it, it shows "Mariah Carey", also in Propercase. In fact when I post it here Mariah Carey shows as Madonna and Madonna shows as Mariah Carey. What's visible in the quote above is not what I can see on the thread if that makes any sense. I see Music Box showing as Madonna all the way through the thread.
                This is very hard to explain when every time I try to type Madonna it shows as Mariah Carey. When you see the artist name with no space where it should have one in it I'm typing Ms Ciccione.
                I suspect that this was an April Fool by the forum admins - a few years ago there was something similar, with every reference to two or more other acts temporarily reversed just during the morning of April 1st ! Normal wording has now been restored.

Counting down this week - the UKMixParade Top 200 of 2019

Comment

Originally posted by CZB
                  I suspect that this was an April Fool by the forum admins - a few years ago there was something similar, with every reference to two or more other acts temporarily reversed just during the morning of April 1st ! Normal wording has now been restored.
                  Yep it's back to normal. Was a long April Fool's day as it continued on into April 2nd. But ... I fell for it. D'oh!
                  The 65th Beatle

Comment

Working...
                  X