Atomic Kitten still on top!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Kitten still on top!

Here's Amir's chart commentary, taken from the mailing list (with permission of course) - he says he'll be posting it every week in future. :smile:

Here's this week's official CIN UK Top 10 singles.

(1) 1 Atomic Kitten - Whole Again
    (2) 2 Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
    (-) 3 Jakatta - American Dream
    (-) 4 Dido - Here With Me
    (-) 5 BBMak - Back Here
    (4) 6 Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
    (8) 7 Toploader - Dancing In The Moonlight
    (-) 8 Backstreet Boys - The Call
    (3) 9 Papa Roach - Last Resort
    (-) 10 Debelah Morgan - Dance With Me

Well, Jakatta didn't quite make No. 1 in the end, but it /was/ this week's highest new entry. Still, I correctly predicted both Dido and BBMak would enter the Top 5, with Backstreet Boys also in the Top 10. However, Angelic just missed out at No. 12, while I'm pleased to see Debelah Morgan didn't end up just outside after all. Also, Girls@Play didn't quite fail to make the Top 20 (No. 18), but the Venagboys finally did (No.28).

As for next week, it's looking increasingly likely that Outkast's "Ms. Jackson" will find it's way straight to the top. A1 may well get another Top 5 hit, with other new entries in the Top 10 for Dane Bowers and Samantha Mumba, and probably Mel B too. There's a small chance Stuntmasterz might also make the Top 10, but can Toploader climb yet again? Probably not, but you never know...

Yeah, what's interesting that the sales of the Atomic Kitten single have increased every week. I saw them on TOTP and they performed it live, it wasn't brilliant but at least they tried!

"Whole Again" is definitely their least awful song, if I can put it that way.

Also, can somebody tell me what's so special about Jakatta? There always seems to be a bunch of repetitive and unoriginal dance songs in the chart...

The Wheatus song is very catchy although I hate the tongue-rolling style of singing (when they go "Oh yeah, dirtbag" or something), same goes for Dido who unsuccessfuly tried to sound like Dolores from Cranberries on TOTP...

Comment

Don't u think that Jenny can hardly replace Kerry? I think they both have too different personalities.
      Check out the coolest Swedish music sensation Sahlene!

The coolest Rockband Sugardaddy Superstar

Comment

Don't u think that Jenny can hardly replace Kerry? I think they both have too different personalities.
        I don't know their personalities much, but this is just ridiculous. The record industry treat people like parts of objects you can replace if they break.

Precious were different from Atomic Kitten, and this replacement tactic just seems fake and impersonal.

But the only thing they care is profits - it's hard not to notice the industry's benefits - they will get plenty of cash from it - not only will Atomic Kitten fans buy their records, but also Precious fans (which actually might already be part of the success of "Whole Again&quot.

Comment

I like the song myself :smile: it kinda has a personal meaning to me. I have to admit I actually have all their singles even the one that was out in Japan only :grin:aydream Believer. I started to like them since I entered Atomic Girls Contest. I would say I like them cos of their personalities.

Comment

Oh so you know them personally?

I don't, maybe that's why I am not a fan :smile:

Comment

I think you can like a star's 'personality' without knowing them personally, in the sense that some people seem nice when you see them on TV, interviews etc., and some don't.

Of course, it's good to understand that their real personality will probably be somewhat different, but I'm sure most people do realise that. :smile:

Comment

HERES HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN
                (1)Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
                (2)LIMP BIZKIT - MY WAY
                (3)LIMP BIZKT - NOOKIE

Comment

Hmmm, you're not into musical variety then I take it? :razz:

[Also please lose the caps lock, it's a bit heavy-going on the eyes! ]

Comment

No I don't know them personally but from when I met them, they were really cool...different from other bands and singers I met. They were naughty :smile: Some may say you can't judge anyone from a few meetings, they may pretend to be nice and all but at least I can say that IF they were pretending, they did a great job! :smile:

Comment

All I can say is watch out for.....Shaggy 'It Wasn't Me' out this week! and also Ricky & Christina 'Nobody Wants To Be Lonely'...
                      You're the one I need, My real life has just began, cause theres nothing like your smile made of sun...

Comment

wow, how fast is the forum growing up, remember this times?
                        L U V Madonna Y O U You Wanna

Comment

I thought this might have been an ancient thread when I saw who the author was
                          Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Other two old threads about this band:
                            http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44751
                            http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=146
                            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

Madonna Addict

Comment

Working...
                              X