No announcement yet.

The Chart Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very fab KoS !! Will order a copy today.

Greatly appreciate your comment in the intro "Many other charts were created during the 1960s (Record Retailer, New Musical Express, Top Pops, etc.) but Melody Maker was the one, at least to its readers, with the larger sample size and so was therefore most accurate (just ask any statistician!)."

Also noting that Melody Maker was retroactively "chosen" by the "official" charts (after 2001) to be the "official" album chart from Nov 1958-Mar 1960, and later again for 8 weeks in 1971.

(Alas the "official" charts website still has misinformation in their chart history write-up. They are actually using MM album charts for that 2 year period 1958-1960, but claiming they are using Record Mirror 1956-1960. Still ignoring the webmail I sent them 2 years ago...)

Looking forward to all Melody Maker volumes !!!

Comment

• Thanks Robin. There will be more volumes over the next few weeks and months. Trying for a new book as time allows around other commitments. Also trying to limit screen time as my job has now moved home so I spend an additional 7 hours a day staring at a screen!
      http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
      Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• I must get around to buying some of the more recent books. Funds are a bit tight at the moment but fingers crossed, things might ease at some point this year. At which point I'll be looking to buy both your chart books plus the OCC / Graham Betts chart books. It could be en expensive time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
          I must get around to buying some of the more recent books. Funds are a bit tight at the moment but fingers crossed, things might ease at some point this year. At which point I'll be looking to buy both your chart books plus the OCC / Graham Betts chart books. It could be en expensive time!
          I'm trying to push more things out so that those with funds can actually access the books and have something to do and look forward to. That said, the books are not going anywhere. So don't worry on that score! I'm going to be doing more a bit more regularly now I think as I said. 1980's volume are still an issue, as I'm still in the process of checking these but I am making progress.
          http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
          Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

Working...
          X