Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danish Chart Archive - Singles 1979 - ____ (B.T./IFPI DK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janjensen View Post
    - Eurodance has a firm grip on the Danish chart but Offspring still enter and take their rock hit to number two and chart for 29 weeks!
    Which week was Offspring's Self Esteem at number 2 ? I can't seem to find it in the thread. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjgm84 View Post
      Which week was Offspring's Self Esteem at number 2 ? I can't seem to find it in the thread. Thanks.
      Sorry, my bad. It was only #4. It was the next one "Pretty Fly" that reached number two on 12 February 1999 and four weeks in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by anpt View Post
        In these years will there have been major differences between the best-selling singles according to your points system and the platinum awards awarded?
        YES! There might be BIG differences. Like 1997 where Elton John would most definitely be the number one song of the year, by far.

The chart I put in there is just to list the biggest charting songs (and not the best selling singles, since I don't have that info).
        Last edited by janjensen; Wed June 26th, 2019, 09:59.

Comment

But that was not an official chart. The official Danish Singles Chart did not start until 5 January 1979. Probably the chart you are referring to was (one of) Denmark’s Radios.
          Well, I may have to correct myself here. I have gone through every issue of Billboard Magazine (Thank you, americanradiohistory.com!) in 1970 and actually Billboard list a Danish singles chart (not every week) quoting Danish IFPI. In other words: The plot thickens in this saga that is the Danish chart history.

I will not be able to get these charts in full anywhere but I will definitely - at some point, anyway - look in B.T. to see if they did in fact list a singles chart further back than 5 January 1979. (Although I already know that in 1977 and 1978 it was a mixed chart of both singles and albums!)
          Last edited by janjensen; Wed June 26th, 2019, 13:17.

Comment

Sorry, my bad. It was only #4. It was the next one "Pretty Fly" that reached number two on 12 February 1999 and four weeks in a row.
            Although Music & Media does show it at number 2. Is this the Top 20/Top 50 different chart thing ?

Comment

Although Music & Media does show it at number 2. Is this the Top 20/Top 50 different chart thing ?
              Yes. #2 in the Top 50 on 19 May 1995 (Music & Media issue 3 June 1995). But it was never higher than #4 in the Top 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfiebot View Post
                According to Record World and Billboard, Cher's version of 'Sunny' and her duet 'Little Man' both reached #1 in 1966, and 'Dark Lady' reached #9 in 1974.
                It could be nice to know where this information is quoted.
                Without going into any discussion whether the danish charts in the sixties and seventies can be seen as official or not, there were 2-3 main charts published. I'd rather look at their relevance to establish a view on what was popular at the time.
                One list was published by the IFPI monthly all through the sixties, and became weekly after Danmarks Radio (DR3) ceased broadcasting a top 20 list in 1969. I have still to collect some issues of another chart from the sixties.
                Much happened later with which I won't go into details at this stage.
                The IFPI list was, exactly as the lists published here by Jan, based on wholesales figures to shops. The DR3 top 20 was based on a telephoned survey to an unknown number of record outlets. I have during recent years collected and compared these charts, and they generally tally with each other timewise. However, special circumstances prevents a thorough comparison. The DR3 list was broadcast only through most of 1963 and half 1964. Then again from the autumn of 1966 through to the beginning of 1969.
                It was then replaced by a voter's list for a couple of years until the IFPI and DR3 united around a list in the seventies.

But according to those lists Sonny & Cher never had a #1 in Denmark then. 'I Got You Babe' reached #12 in the IFPI monthly listings, while 'Little Man' made it to #2 in both charts. 'Sunny' by Cher solo went to #7 on DR3 and #8 on IFPI.
                The 9th place by 'Dark Lady' was reached in a voter's chart called 'Tipparaden' (not to be confused with the famous dutch 'Tipparade'!) In that list Cher also charted with 'Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves' (1971 #8).
                To my knowledge 'Record World' never published european lists on a greater scale, but a column called 'Money Music' sometimes quoted placings. Those quotes must be handled with great care. One quote made David Garrick and 'Dear Mrs. Applebee' a top 5 in Denmark, but in accordance with the information I have he never got further than #10 in the DR3 top 20.

By the way 'Billboard' were not consistent in which danish chart they used. Sometimes they used the IFPI charts and sometimes the DR3 charts. And I'm not even mentioning the 'Cash Box' charts which still gives me a headache each time I look at them.
                Last edited by ACA; Fri June 28th, 2019, 09:06.

Comment

• ^You are probably right, I mixed up the info with Norway and Sweden charts, where 'Little Man' and 'Sunny' hit #1.
                  These are the charts from the Cash Box magazine:

Still, she had a few hits in Denmark before 1989, which was my point regarding janjensen's comment anyway.
                  C h e r
                  51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
                  Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
                  Touring force
                  Legend

Comment

• Originally posted by alfiebot View Post
                    ^You are probably right, I mixed up the info with Norway and Sweden charts, where 'Little Man' and 'Sunny' hit #1.
                    These are the charts from the Cash Box magazine:

Still, she had a few hits in Denmark before 1989, which was my point regarding janjensen's comment anyway.[/QUOTE]

Not in the official chart and I am only writing about the official chart. Denmark’s Radio’s charts are not official. And until proven otherwise Cher’s first Danish hit was “If I Could Turn Back Time” in 1989!

Comment

• ^ok take it easy. Still, those are not radio charts as you say, they are sales-based charts so that makes a big difference. Any way that you look at it, Cher had a chart hit on the national Danish chart that was presented and published the time.
                      Last edited by alfiebot; Sat June 29th, 2019, 00:38.
                      C h e r
                      51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
                      Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
                      Touring force
                      Legend

Comment

• @ACA
                        Thank you very much for your contribution(s)! All very insightful and interesting!
                        /
                        @janjensen
                        Great work you are doing!
                        trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                        trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          @ACA
                          Thank you very much for your contribution(s)! All very insightful and interesting!
                          /
                          @janjensen
                          Great work you are doing!
                          Thanks!

I have had a couple of very busy weeks but I will continue this thread very soon.

Comment

• ^
                            No worries, take your time.
                            All is well; nobody is rushing you.
                            trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                            trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• I have some very exciting news for anyone who is interested in the Danish chart.

I have today been back to the Royal Danish Library and I have researched further back to 1978 and 1977 (the years of mixed charts with both singles and albums). During the year some weeks contain only one (!) single out of 30 entries but some weeks contain a lot of singles (the highest number is 14!)

SO I will give you the "singles chart" (it's not, really, but just the singles from the mixed charts) from 1977 and 1978. In 1977, though, B.T. is hit by another huge strike stretching from 31 January to 28 June!

Anyway, more Danish charts to come

Comment

• Danish Singles Charts 1978 (Source: BT/IFPI)

So, here comes all of 1978 where B.T. had a mixed chart of albums and singles. The year is very uneven with only one of the 30 entries a single in some weeks but also more than 10 in the week with the most singles.

To the left is the singles ranking in the mixed chart. To the right is the actual position in the mixed Top 30.

Week #1 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (10)
                                Week #2 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (23)
                                Week #3 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (26)
                                Week #4 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (17)
                                Week #4 2) Dolly Parton - Applejack (25)
                                Week #5 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (7)
                                Week #5 2) Dolly Parton - Applejack (17)
                                Week #5 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (22)
                                Week #5 4) Baccara - Darling (23)
                                Week #6 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (5)
                                Week #6 2) Dolly Parton - Applejack (7)
                                Week #6 3) Baccara - Darling (12)
                                Week #6 4) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (19)
                                Week #6 5) Gasolin' - Jumbo Nummer Nul (29)
                                Week #7 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (5)
                                Week #7 2) Dolly Parton - Applejack (8)
                                Week #7 3) Baccara - Darling (9)
                                Week #7 4) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (12)
                                Week #7 5) Gasolin' - Jumbo Nummer Nul (22)
                                Week #8 1) Baccara - Darling (5)
                                Week #8 2) Dolly Parton - Applejack (7)
                                Week #8 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (11)
                                Week #8 4) Gasolin' - Jumbo Nummer Nul (20)
                                Week #8 5) Smokie - For A Few Dollars More (23)
                                Week #8 6) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (25)
                                Week #8 7) Seebach Band - Apache (28)
                                Week #9 1) Baccara - Darling (6)
                                Week #9 2) Smokie - For A Few Dollars More (9)
                                Week #9 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (13)
                                Week #9 4) Gasolin' - Jumbo Nummer Nul (18)
                                Week #9 5) Dolly Parton - Applejack (19)
                                Week #9 6) Seebach Band - Apache (25)
                                Week #10 1) Smokie - For A Few Dollars More (9)
                                Week #10 2) Baccara - Darling (11)
                                Week #10 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (12)
                                Week #10 4) Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again (14)
                                Week #10 5) Dolly Parton - Applejack (16)
                                Week #10 6) ABBA - Take A Chance On Me (27)
                                Week #10 7) Seebach Band - Apache (30)
                                Week #11 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (16)
                                Week #11 2) Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again (17)
                                Week #11 3) Smokie - For A Few Dollars More (27)
                                Week #12 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (16)
                                Week #12 2) Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again (27)
                                Week #13 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (21)
                                Week #13 2) Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again (27)
                                Week #14 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (19)
                                Week #15 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (19)
                                Week #16 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (6)
                                Week #16 2) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (10)
                                Week #16 3) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (14)
                                Week #17 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (3)
                                Week #17 2) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (8)
                                Week #17 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (10)
                                Week #18 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (3)
                                Week #18 2) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #18 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (10)
                                Week #19 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (2)
                                Week #19 2) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (8)
                                Week #19 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (10)
                                Week #20 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (3)
                                Week #20 2) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (8)
                                Week #20 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (9)
                                Week #20 4) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (17)
                                Week #21 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (4)
                                Week #21 2) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (10)
                                Week #21 3) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (11)
                                Week #21 4) Bonnie Tyler - Here I Am (13)
                                Week #21 5) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (14)
                                Week #21 6) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (18)
                                Week #21 7) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (19)
                                Week #21 8) Bee Gees - Night Fever (24)
                                Week #21 9) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (30)
                                Week #22 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (7)
                                Week #22 2) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (10)
                                Week #22 3) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (11)
                                Week #22 4) Bonnie Tyler - Here I Am (12)
                                Week #22 5) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (14)
                                Week #22 6) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (23)
                                Week #22 7) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (26)
                                Week #22 8) Bee Gees - Night Fever (27)
                                Week #22 9) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (28)
                                Week #22 10) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (30)
                                Week #23 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (9)
                                Week #23 2) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (11)
                                Week #23 3) Bonnie Tyler - Here I Am (12)
                                Week #23 4) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (16)
                                Week #23 5) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (17)
                                Week #23 6) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (19)
                                Week #23 7) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (21)
                                Week #23 8) Bee Gees - Night Fever (24)
                                Week #23 9) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (27)
                                Week #23 10) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (29)
                                Week #24 1) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (7)
                                Week #24 2) Bonnie Tyler - Here I Am (8)
                                Week #24 3) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (16)
                                Week #24 4) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (18)
                                Week #24 5) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (22)
                                Week #24 6) Bee Gees - Night Fever (23)
                                Week #24 7) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (28)
                                Week #24 8) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (29)
                                Week #25 1) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (9)
                                Week #25 2) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (11)
                                Week #25 3) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (12)
                                Week #25 4) Smokie - Oh Carol (20)
                                Week #25 5) Bonnie Tyler - Here I Am (25)
                                Week #25 6) Bee Gees - Night Fever (28)
                                Week #25 7) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (29)
                                Week #26 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #26 2) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (13)
                                Week #26 3) Smokie - Oh Carol (17)
                                Week #26 4) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (21)
                                Week #26 5) Bee Gees - Night Fever (28)
                                Week #27 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (8)
                                Week #27 2) Smokie - Oh Carol (11)
                                Week #27 3) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (13)
                                Week #27 4) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (17)
                                Week #27 5) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (26)
                                Week #27 6) Bee Gees - Night Fever (27)
                                Week #27 7) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (29)
                                Week #27 8) Jørgen Ingmann - El Mundial Argentina (30)
                                Week #28 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #28 2) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (12)
                                Week #28 3) Smokie - Oh Carol (14)
                                Week #28 4) Bee Gees - Night Fever (18)
                                Week #28 5) Jørgen Ingmann - El Mundial Argentina (23)
                                Week #28 6) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (26)
                                Week #28 7) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (27)
                                Week #28 8) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (28)
                                Week #28 9) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (29)
                                Week #28 10) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (30)
                                Week #29 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #29 2) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (10)
                                Week #29 3) Smokie - Oh Carol (12)
                                Week #29 4) Jørgen Ingmann - El Mundial Argentina (18)
                                Week #29 5) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (24)
                                Week #29 6) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (25)
                                Week #29 7) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (26)
                                Week #29 8) Bee Gees - Night Fever (27)
                                Week #29 9) Darts - The Boy From New York City (28)
                                Week #29 10) Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (29)
                                Week #29 11) Mabel - Boom Boom (30)
                                Week #30 1) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (8)
                                Week #30 2) Smokie - Oh Carol (10)
                                Week #30 3) Jørgen Ingmann - El Mundial Argentina (12)
                                Week #30 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (14)
                                Week #30 5) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (18)
                                Week #30 6) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (19)
                                Week #30 7) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (21)
                                Week #30 8) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (25)
                                Week #30 9) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (26)
                                Week #30 10) Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (27)
                                Week #30 11) Darts - The Boy From New York City (29)
                                Week #30 12) Bee Gees - Night Fever (30)
                                Week #31 1) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (8)
                                Week #31 2) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (10)
                                Week #31 3) Smokie - Oh Carol (11)
                                Week #31 4) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (12)
                                Week #31 5) Jørgen Ingmann - El Mundial Argentina (16)
                                Week #31 6) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (19)
                                Week #31 7) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (20)
                                Week #31 8) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (21)
                                Week #31 9) Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (22)
                                Week #31 10) Darts - The Boy From New York City (24)
                                Week #31 11) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (25)
                                Week #31 12) Bee Gees - Night Fever (27)
                                Week #31 13) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (28)
                                Week #31 14) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (30)
                                Week #32 1) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (7)
                                Week #32 2) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (12)
                                Week #32 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (13)
                                Week #32 4) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (17)
                                Week #32 5) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (18)
                                Week #32 6) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (21)
                                Week #32 7) Bee Gees - Night Fever (22)
                                Week #32 8) Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (23)
                                Week #32 9) Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (24)
                                Week #32 10) Smokie - Oh Carol (27)
                                Week #32 11) Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing (29)
                                Week #32 12) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (30)
                                Week #33 1) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (5)
                                Week #33 2) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (11)
                                Week #33 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (12)
                                Week #33 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (13)
                                Week #33 5) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (17)
                                Week #33 6) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (21)
                                Week #33 7) Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing (23)
                                Week #33 8) Suzi Quatro - The Race Is On (24)
                                Week #33 9) Sheila B. Devotion - Singin' In The Rain (26)
                                Week #33 10) Gasolin' - U Lu La Lu (27)
                                Week #33 11) Bee Gees - Night Fever (28)
                                Week #33 12) Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (30)
                                Week #34 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (4)
                                Week #34 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (5)
                                Week #34 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (12)
                                Week #34 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (13)
                                Week #34 5) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (19)
                                Week #34 6) Suzi Quatro - The Race Is On (23)
                                Week #34 7) Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing (25)
                                Week #34 8) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (29)
                                Week #34 9) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (30)
                                Week #35 1) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (4)
                                Week #35 2) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (5)
                                Week #35 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (11)
                                Week #35 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (15)
                                Week #35 5) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (19)
                                Week #35 6) Suzi Quatro - The Race Is On (22)
                                Week #35 7) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (25)
                                Week #35 8) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (29)
                                Week #35 9) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (30)
                                Week #36 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (4)
                                Week #36 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (5)
                                Week #36 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (12)
                                Week #36 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (17)
                                Week #36 5) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (25)
                                Week #36 6) Suzi Quatro - The Race Is On (26)
                                Week #36 7) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (27)
                                Week #36 8) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (28)
                                Week #36 9) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (30)
                                Week #37 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (3)
                                Week #37 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (4)
                                Week #37 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (14)
                                Week #37 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (15)
                                Week #37 5) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (24)
                                Week #37 6) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (25)
                                Week #37 7) Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain (27)
                                Week #37 8) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (28)
                                Week #38 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (3)
                                Week #38 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (6)
                                Week #38 3) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (14)
                                Week #38 4) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (15)
                                Week #38 5) ABBA - Summer Night City (18)
                                Week #38 6) Bamses Venner - I En Lille Båd Der Gynger (20)
                                Week #38 7) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (25)
                                Week #38 8) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (30)
                                Week #39 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (6)
                                Week #39 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (7)
                                Week #39 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (11)
                                Week #39 4) ABBA - Summer Night City (15)
                                Week #39 5) Bamses Venner - I En Lille Båd Der Gynger (16)
                                Week #39 6) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (18)
                                Week #39 7) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (20)
                                Week #39 8) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (27)
                                Week #39 9) Suzi Quatro - The Race Is On (30)
                                Week #40 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (6)
                                Week #40 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (7)
                                Week #40 3) ABBA - Summer Night City (12)
                                Week #40 4) Bamses Venner - I En Lille Båd Der Gynger (13)
                                Week #40 5) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (14)
                                Week #40 6) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (15)
                                Week #40 7) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (20)
                                Week #40 8) Marshall & Hain - Dancing In The City (30)
                                Week #41 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (7)
                                Week #41 2) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (8)
                                Week #41 3) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (12)
                                Week #41 4) ABBA - Summer Night City (13)
                                Week #41 5) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (14)
                                Week #41 6) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (15)
                                Week #41 7) Bamses Venner - I En Lille Båd Der Gynger (16)
                                Week #41 8) Smokie - Mexican Girl (21)
                                Week #41 9) Rock Nalle - Go'e Gamle Fru Olsen (30)
                                Week #42 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (8)
                                Week #42 2) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (9)
                                Week #42 3) ABBA - Summer Night City (11)
                                Week #42 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (12)
                                Week #42 5) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (13)
                                Week #42 6) Smokie - Mexican Girl (15)
                                Week #42 7) Bamses Venner - I En Lille Båd Der Gynger (22)
                                Week #42 8) Rock Nalle - Go'e Gamle Fru Olsen (25)
                                Week #43 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (8)
                                Week #43 2) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (9)
                                Week #43 3) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (12)
                                Week #43 4) Smokie - Mexican Girl (15)
                                Week #43 5) ABBA - Summer Night City (11)
                                Week #43 6) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (13)
                                Week #43 7) Rock Nalle - Go'e Gamle Fru Olsen (25)
                                Week #43 8) Bamses Venner - I En Lille Båd Der Gynger (22)
                                Week #44 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (12)
                                Week #44 2) Smokie - Mexican Girl (14)
                                Week #44 3) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (17)
                                Week #44 4) Rock Nalle - Go'e Gamle Fru Olsen (20)
                                Week #44 5) Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love (21)
                                Week #44 6) ABBA - Summer Night City (23)
                                Week #44 7) Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover (27)
                                Week #44 8) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (29)
                                Week #45 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (12)
                                Week #45 2) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (15)
                                Week #45 3) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - Summer Nights (21)
                                Week #45 4) Rock Nalle - Go'e Gamle Fru Olsen (22)
                                Week #45 5) Smokie - Mexican Girl (23)
                                Week #45 6) ABBA - Summer Night City (27)
                                Week #46 1) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (12)
                                Week #46 2) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - Summer Nights (17)
                                Week #46 3) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (22)
                                Week #46 4) ABBA - Summer Night City (26)
                                Week #46 5) Rock Nalle - Go'e Gamle Fru Olsen (30)
                                Week #47 1) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (16)
                                Week #47 2) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - Summer Nights (19)
                                Week #47 3) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (21)
                                Week #48 1) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (11)
                                Week #48 2) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (20)
                                Week #48 3) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - Summer Nights (21)
                                Week #48 4) Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi (30)
                                Week #49 1) Johnny Reimar - Smølfesangen (6)
                                Week #49 2) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (12)
                                Week #49 3) Peter Blake - Lipsmackin' Rock 'N Rollin' (19)
                                Week #49 4) John Travolta & Olivia Newton - John - You're The One That I Want (23)
                                Week #49 5) Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi (25)
                                Week #49 6) Milkways - Galactic Reaction (26)
                                Week #50 1) Boney M - Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord (6)
                                Week #50 2) Johnny Reimar - Smølfesangen (7)
                                Week #50 3) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (12)
                                Week #50 4) Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi (22)
                                Week #50 5) Peter Blake - Lipsmackin' Rock 'N Rollin' (23)
                                Week #50 6) Baccara - The Devil Sent You To Lorado (26)
                                Week #51 1) Boney M - Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord (5)
                                Week #51 2) Johnny Reimar - Smølfesangen (7)
                                Week #51 3) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (11)
                                Week #51 4) Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi (19)
                                Week #51 5) Peter Blake - Lipsmackin' Rock 'N Rollin' (23)
                                Week #51 6) Baccara - The Devil Sent You To Lorado (27)
                                Week #51 7) Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven (30)

And that leads nicely up to the very first dedicated singles chart on 5 January 1979 where six of the singles in the last chart here all chart.

A few notes:

- Mabel "Skateboard Rider" charts both as a single and as a four track EP. I have put both in here since it is the number one of the year in B.T. on 29 December 1978.
                                - Darts are at number 20 in the year-end chart with "Daddy Cool" (not the Boney M song). But it doesn't chart during the year - at all...!
                                - Boney M's "Rivers Of Babylon" charts for 24 massive weeks. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John chart for 21 weeks with "You're The Only That I Want".
                                - "You're The One That I Want" charts for 18 weeks before finally becoming the best selling single in Denmark in week #46.
                                - Baccara's "Parlez Vous Francais" is the best selling single for eight weeks (a 1978 high) and then completely disappears from the Top 30.

Luckily, as you can see, there are no charts during 1978 with no singles so we now also have the official Danish number one single for all of 1978:

Week #1 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (10)
                                Week #2 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (23)
                                Week #3 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (26)
                                Week #4 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (17)
                                Week #5 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (7)
                                Week #6 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (5)
                                Week #7 1) Kim Larsen - Keep The Fiddlers Playin' (5)
                                Week #8 1) Baccara - Darling (5)
                                Week #9 1) Baccara - Darling (6)
                                Week #10 1) Smokie - For A Few Dollars More (9)
                                Week #11 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (16)
                                Week #12 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (16)
                                Week #13 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (21)
                                Week #14 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (19)
                                Week #15 1) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (19)
                                Week #16 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (6)
                                Week #17 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (3)
                                Week #18 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (3)
                                Week #19 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (2)
                                Week #20 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (3)
                                Week #21 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (4)
                                Week #22 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (7)
                                Week #23 1) Baccara - Parlez Vous Francais (9)
                                Week #24 1) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (7)
                                Week #25 1) Izhar Cohen & The Alpha-beta - A-Ba-Ni-Bi (9)
                                Week #26 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #27 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (8)
                                Week #28 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #29 1) Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (9)
                                Week #30 1) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (8)
                                Week #31 1) Ennio Morricone - El Mundial (8)
                                Week #32 1) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (7)
                                Week #33 1) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (5)
                                Week #34 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (4)
                                Week #35 1) Lone Kellermann - Se Venedig Og Dø (4)
                                Week #36 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (4)
                                Week #37 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (3)
                                Week #38 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (3)
                                Week #39 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (6)
                                Week #40 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (6)
                                Week #41 1) Mabel - Skateboard Rider (4 Hits EP) (7)
                                Week #42 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (8)
                                Week #43 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (8)
                                Week #44 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (12)
                                Week #45 1) Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights (12)
                                Week #46 1) John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want (12)
                                Week #47 1) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (16)
                                Week #48 1) Chris Norman & Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In (11)
                                Week #49 1) Johnny Reimar - Smølfesangen (6)
                                Week #50 1) Boney M - Mary's Boy Child (6)
                                Week #51 1) Boney M - Mary's Boy Child (5)

1977 is a completely different story. There are very few singles in the chart and there is another newspaper strike in almost all of the first half of the year.

Once again, please note: The above is not an actual sales chart. Those did not start in Denmark until 5 March 1993. The listings above are shipping numbers and not consumption.
                                Last edited by janjensen; Sun July 21st, 2019, 07:37.

Comment

• Danish Singles Charts 1977 (Source: BT/IFPI)

In the end of 1976 Denmark's Radio announced that they would stop broadcasting their three weekly charts, "Tippparaden", "Dansktoppen" and "Top 20" the latter being the closest thing to a Danish sales chart and also the one Billboard Magazine had in the Hits of the World section.

B.T. seized the opportunity and on 7 January 1977 they started printing IFPI's combined (and terrible) singles and albums chart, Top 30. However they only made it to four weeks before B.T. was paralyzed by a massive strike that lasted five months.

I have been through all of B.T.'s publications from 1977 and below are the few singles that actually do chart in this mixed - and official - chart.

Left: Singles ranking in the mixed chart. Right: The actual position in this Top 30.

Week #1 1) Henning Vilén - Telefonen (16)
                                  Week #1 2) Gasolin' - Pas På Svinget I Solrød (27)
                                  Week #2 1) Gasolin' - Pas På Svinget I Solrød (20)
                                  Week #2 2) Chicago - If You Leave Me Now (24)
                                  Week #2 3) Henning Vilén - Telefonen (29)
                                  Week #3 1) Gasolin' - Pas På Svinget I Solrød (22)
                                  Week #3 2) Bamses Venner - Endnu Engang (23)
                                  Week #3 3) Chicago - If You Leave Me Now (25)
                                  Week #3 4) Henning Vilén - Telefonen (28)
                                  Week #4 1) Henning Vilén - Telefonen (22)
                                  Week #4 2) Gasolin' - Pas På Svinget I Solrød (25)
                                  Week #25 1) Boney M - Ma Baker (10)
                                  Week #25 2) Lyndsey De Paul - Rock Bottom (13)
                                  Week #25 3) Marie Myriam - L'oiseau Et L'enfant (15)
                                  Week #25 4) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (27)
                                  Week #25 5) Silver Convention - Telegram (30)
                                  Week #26 1) Boney M - Ma Baker (14)
                                  Week #26 2) Lyndsey De Paul - Rock Bottom (15)
                                  Week #26 3) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (16)
                                  Week #26 4) Marie Myriam - L'oiseau Et L'enfant (20)
                                  Week #26 5) Silver Convention - Telegram (29)
                                  Week #27 1) Boney M - Ma Baker (12)
                                  Week #27 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (14)
                                  Week #27 3) Lyndsey De Paul - Rock Bottom (19)
                                  Week #27 4) Marie Myriam - L'oiseau Et L'enfant (25)
                                  Week #28 1) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (11)
                                  Week #28 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (12)
                                  Week #28 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (17)
                                  Week #28 4) Lyndsey De Paul - Rock Bottom (29)
                                  Week #29 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (5)
                                  Week #29 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (11)
                                  Week #29 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (24)
                                  Week #30 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (6)
                                  Week #30 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (8)
                                  Week #30 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (19)
                                  Week #31 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (6)
                                  Week #31 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (8)
                                  Week #31 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (19)
                                  Week #32 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (5)
                                  Week #32 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (7)
                                  Week #32 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (22)
                                  Week #33 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (6)
                                  Week #33 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (10)
                                  Week #33 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (19)
                                  Week #33 4) Shu-Bi-Dua - Vuffeli-Vov (24)
                                  Week #34 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (7)
                                  Week #34 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (9)
                                  Week #34 3) Boney M - Ma Baker (20)
                                  Week #34 4) Shu-Bi-Dua - Vuffeli-Vov (25)
                                  Week #35 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (8)
                                  Week #35 2) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (16)
                                  Week #35 3) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (19)
                                  Week #35 4) Shu-Bi-Dua - Vuffeli-Vov (24)
                                  Week #36 1) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (15)
                                  Week #36 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (16)
                                  Week #36 3) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (17)
                                  Week #36 4) Shu-Bi-Dua - Vuffeli-Vov (24)
                                  Week #37 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (12)
                                  Week #37 2) Shu-Bi-Dua - Vuffeli-Vov (20)
                                  Week #37 3) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (22)
                                  Week #37 4) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (25)
                                  Week #37 5) Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Walk Right In (27)
                                  Week #38 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (8)
                                  Week #38 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (22)
                                  Week #38 3) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (27)
                                  Week #38 4) Shu-Bi-Dua - Vuffeli-Vov (29)
                                  Week #39 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (9)
                                  Week #39 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (23)
                                  Week #40 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (17)
                                  Week #40 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (22)
                                  Week #41 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (17)
                                  Week #41 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (18)
                                  Week #42 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (16)
                                  Week #42 2) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (17)
                                  Week #43 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (14)
                                  Week #43 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (21)
                                  Week #44 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (7)
                                  Week #44 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (19)
                                  Week #44 3) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (23)
                                  Week #45 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (4)
                                  Week #45 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (12)
                                  Week #45 3) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (30)
                                  Week #46 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (5)
                                  Week #46 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (18)
                                  Week #47 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (4)
                                  Week #47 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (26)
                                  Week #48 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (5)
                                  Week #48 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (23)
                                  Week #49 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (16)
                                  Week #49 2) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (25)
                                  Week #50 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (20)
                                  Week #50 2) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (27)
                                  Week #50 3) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (30)
                                  Week #51 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (12)
                                  Week #52 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (10)

And the number ones. Apparently we liked Baccara very much...

Week #1 1) Henning Vilén - Telefonen (16)
                                  Week #2 1) Gasolin' - Pas På Svinget I Solrød (20)
                                  Week #3 1) Gasolin' - Pas På Svinget I Solrød (22)
                                  Week #4 1) Henning Vilén - Telefonen (22)
                                  Week #25 1) Boney M - Ma Baker (10)
                                  Week #26 1) Boney M - Ma Baker (14)
                                  Week #27 1) Boney M - Ma Baker (12)
                                  Week #28 1) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (11)
                                  Week #29 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (5)
                                  Week #30 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (6)
                                  Week #31 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (6)
                                  Week #32 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (5)
                                  Week #33 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (6)
                                  Week #34 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (7)
                                  Week #35 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (8)
                                  Week #36 1) Gasolin' - Girl You Got Me Lonely (15)
                                  Week #37 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (12)
                                  Week #38 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (8)
                                  Week #39 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (9)
                                  Week #40 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (17)
                                  Week #41 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (17)
                                  Week #42 1) Baccara - Sorry, I'm A Lady (16)
                                  Week #43 1) Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (14)
                                  Week #44 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (7)
                                  Week #45 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (4)
                                  Week #46 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (5)
                                  Week #47 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (4)
                                  Week #48 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (5)
                                  Week #49 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (16)
                                  Week #50 1) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (20)
                                  Week #51 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (12)
                                  Week #52 1) Gasolin' - Endelig Jul Igen (10)

And one last finding. On New Year's Eve of 1976 B.T. publish a year-end Top 30 containing mainly ABBA and Gasolin' records but also as much a five singles! Below is the year-end singles chart of 1976! ;-)

1) ABBA - Dancing Queen (10)
                                  2) Gasolin' - Hva' Gør Vi Nu, Lille Du? (16)
                                  3) Barbie Benton - Ain't That Just The Way (17)
                                  4) Brotherhood Of Man - Save Your Kisses For Me (21)
                                  5) ABBA - Fernando (22)

And no, there is no 1977 year-end chart in B.T., for some reason. But I'm taking a wild guess saying that "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" was probably number one :-D
                                  Last edited by janjensen; Thu July 18th, 2019, 10:50.

Comment

• Well, as it turns out, there was in fact a year-end top 50 in B.T. at some point. It did, however, only contain four singles.

1) Baccara – Yes Sir I Can Boogie (25)
                                    2) Gasolin’ – Girl You Got Me Lonely (35)
                                    3) ABBA - The Name Of The Game (42)
                                    4) Baccara – Sorry I’m A Lady (49)

Thanks to [MENTION=86302]ACA[/MENTION] for supplying this. :-)

Comment

• [MENTION=72936]janjensen[/MENTION] Are you going to post the Danish charts to 2000 ?

Comment

[MENTION=72936]janjensen[/MENTION] Are you going to post the Danish charts to 2000 ?
                                        Yes. Just as soon as I get the time. It might a while, though. :-/

Comment

Yes. Just as soon as I get the time. It might a while, though. :-/
                                          Hey, no problem, take your time

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, January (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

Okay, I'm back with the penultimate year of the 90's. I would like to get this chart archive completed since I also have other charts to publish. So there will be fewer comments this year.

- Elton John tops for two weeks before getting replaced by Australian newcomer Natalie Imbruglia. (Fun fact: This song was first released in Danish by singer Lis Sørensen as "Brændt" in 1993).
                                            - Hanson's follow-up to "Mmm Bop" hits a mere number 17.
                                            - All Saints chart for the first time going to number three.
                                            - Run-D.M.C. enter and make it seven weeks at number one later on.
                                            - Usher charts with his first of 15 Danish single hits.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-01-02 [Week 1]
                                            1) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                            2) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                            3) Aqua: Barbie Girl
                                            4) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                            5) Spice Girls: Spice Up Your Life
                                            6) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                            7) Spice Girls: Too Much
                                            8) Sash! feat. La Trec: Stay
                                            9) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                            10) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                            11) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                            12) Aaron Carter: Crazy Little Party Girl
                                            13) N-Trance feat. Rod Stewart: Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
                                            14) Janet Jackson feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell: Got 'Til It's Gone
                                            15) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
                                            16) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                            17) Hanson: I Will Come To You
                                            18) Aqua: Doctor Jones
                                            19) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                            20) Refugee Camp All Stars feat. Pras & Ky-Mani: Avenues

PLEASE NOTE: This chart was never shown in any Music & Media issue.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-01-09 [Week 2]
                                            1) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                            2) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                            3) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                            4) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                            5) Aqua: Barbie Girl
                                            6) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                            7) Spice Girls: Too Much
                                            8) Sash! feat. La Trec: Stay
                                            9) Aqua: Doctor Jones
                                            10) Aaron Carter: Crazy Little Party Girl
                                            11) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                            12) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                            13) N-Trance feat. Rod Stewart: Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
                                            14) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                            15) Spice Girls: Spice Up Your Life
                                            16) Janet Jackson feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell: Got 'Til It's Gone
                                            17) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                            18) Hanson: I Will Come To You
                                            19) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
                                            20) Busta Rhymes: Dangerous

PLEASE NOTE: This chart is shown in Music & Media's 24 January edition but the column for last week's position is wrong.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-01-16 [Week 3]
                                            1) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                            2) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                            3) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                            4) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                            5) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                            6) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                            7) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                            8) Aqua: Doctor Jones
                                            9) Aqua: Barbie Girl
                                            10) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                            11) Sash! feat. La Trec: Stay
                                            12) Aaron Carter: Crazy Little Party Girl
                                            13) Spice Girls: Too Much
                                            14) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: I Feel UR Pain
                                            16) Refugee Camp All Stars feat. Pras & Ky-Mani: Avenues
                                            17) All Saints: Never Ever
                                            18) Hanson: I Will Come To You
                                            19) Busta Rhymes: Dangerous
                                            20) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer

Danish Singles Chart 1998-01-23 [Week 4]
                                            3) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                            4) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                            5) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                            6) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                            7) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                            8) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                            9) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                            10) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                            11) Aqua: Barbie Girl
                                            12) All Saints: Never Ever
                                            13) Aqua: Doctor Jones
                                            14) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                            15) Sash! feat. La Trec: Stay
                                            16) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
                                            17) Usher: You Make Me Wanna …
                                            18) Aaron Carter: Crazy Little Party Girl
                                            19) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: I Feel UR Pain
                                            20) Refugee Camp All Stars feat. Pras & Ky-Mani: Avenues

Danish Singles Chart 1998-01-30 [Week 5]
                                            4) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                            5) All Saints: Never Ever
                                            6) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                            7) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                            8) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                            9) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                            11) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                            12) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                            13) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                            14) Usher: You Make Me Wanna …
                                            15) Aqua: Barbie Girl
                                            16) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
                                            17) Allure: All Cried Out
                                            18) Aqua: Doctor Jones
                                            19) DJ Quicksilver: Planet Love
                                            20) Five: Slam Dunk Da Funk
                                            Last edited by janjensen; Sun October 20th, 2019, 14:51.

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, February (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Natalie Imbruglia and Run-D.M.C. split the month between them at the number one spot.
                                              - A LOT of hardcore techno/dance music chart. 666 being the biggest name with seven hits and five top ten hits.
                                              - Madonna charts with her 28th Danish hit single.
                                              - Celine Dion enters and ends up at the very top.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-02-06 [Week 6]
                                              6) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                              7) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                              8) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                              9) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                              10) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                              12) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                              13) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: Lost In Space
                                              14) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
                                              15) Usher: You Make Me Wanna …
                                              16) Allure: All Cried Out
                                              17) 666: Alarma!
                                              18) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                              19) DJ Quicksilver: Planet Love
                                              20) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: I Feel UR Pain

Danish Singles Chart 1998-02-13 [Week 7]
                                              5) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                              6) All Saints: Never Ever
                                              8) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: Lost In Space
                                              9) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                              10) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                              12) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                              13) 666: Alarma!
                                              14) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                              16) Usher: You Make Me Wanna …
                                              17) Allure: All Cried Out
                                              18) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: I Feel UR Pain
                                              19) Backstreet Boys: As Long As You Love Me
                                              20) DJ Quicksilver: Planet Love

Danish Singles Chart 1998-02-20 [Week 8]
                                              1) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                              2) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                              5) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                              6) All Saints: Never Ever
                                              9) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                              10) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: Lost In Space
                                              11) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                              12) 666: Alarma!
                                              13) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                              14) DJ Milano feat. Samantha Fox: Santa Maria
                                              15) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                              16) Backstreet Boys: All I Have To Give
                                              17) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright
                                              18) Allure: All Cried Out
                                              19) Wildchild: Renegade Master 98
                                              20) Usher: You Make Me Wanna …

Danish Singles Chart 1998-02-27 [Week 9]
                                              9) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                              10) Madonna: Frozen
                                              11) 666: Alarma!
                                              12) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: Lost In Space
                                              13) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                              14) DJ Milano feat. Samantha Fox: Santa Maria
                                              15) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                              17) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                              18) Allure: All Cried Out
                                              19) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                              20) Sweetbox: Everything's Gonna Be Alright

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, March (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Run-D.M.C. top all month thanks to the Jason Nevins Remix.
                                                - Sash! goes to the top three for the fourth time in a row.
                                                - P.M. Dawn get their last of three hits in Denmark.
                                                - Spice Girls have to settle for at number 15 hit.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-03-06 [Week 10]
                                                3) All Saints: Never Ever
                                                4) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                5) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                                6) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                7) Madonna: Frozen
                                                8) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                                11) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                12) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: Lost In Space
                                                13) 666: Alarma!
                                                14) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                                15) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                                17) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                                18) DJ Milano feat. Samantha Fox: Santa Maria
                                                20) Allure: All Cried Out

Danish Singles Chart 1998-03-13 [Week 11]
                                                3) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                4) All Saints: Never Ever
                                                5) Madonna: Frozen
                                                6) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                7) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                                9) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                                10) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                13) Elton John: Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 1997
                                                14) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                                15) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You
                                                16) Wildchild: Renegade Master 98
                                                17) Space Frog feat. Grim Reaper: Lost In Space
                                                18) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                19) Backstreet Boys: All I Have To Give
                                                20) 666: Diablo

Danish Singles Chart 1998-03-20 [Week 12]
                                                3) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                4) Madonna: Frozen
                                                6) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                7) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                                8) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                                9) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                11) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                13) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                14) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                                16) 666: Diablo
                                                17) Boyzone: Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight
                                                18) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                20) Solid Harmonie: I'll Be There For You

Danish Singles Chart 1998-03-27 [Week 13]
                                                2) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                3) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                4) Madonna: Frozen
                                                5) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                7) All Saints: Never Ever
                                                12) 666: Diablo
                                                14) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                15) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                16) Spice Girls: Stop
                                                17) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                                18) Wildchild: Renegade Master 98
                                                19) Solid Harmonie: I Want You To Want Me

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, April (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Run-D.M.C. top for one week whereas the rest of the month belongs to Celine Dion's epic Titanic ballad.
                                                  - Danish bubble gum group Hit 'N' Hide enter and later make it six weeks at number one.
                                                  - Modern Talking chart for the eighth and last time in Denmark. Their 1985 number one song only peaks at number 15 in this 1998 Remix.
                                                  - Huge radio hit "Save Tonight" by Swede Eagle-Eye Cherry only makes it to number 19.
                                                  - Ace Of Base collect their sixth top three hit in Denmark.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-04-03 [Week 14]
                                                  6) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                  9) 666: Diablo
                                                  10) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                                  12) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                  13) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                  14) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                  15) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                                  16) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)
                                                  17) Spice Girls: Stop
                                                  18) Wildchild: Renegade Master 98
                                                  19) Solid Harmonie: I Want You To Want Me

Danish Singles Chart 1998-04-10 [Week 15]
                                                  1) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                  2) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                                  6) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                  8) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                  9) 666: Diablo
                                                  12) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                  13) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                  14) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                  15) Spice Girls: Stop
                                                  16) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                  17) Modern Talking: You're My Heart, You're My Soul '98
                                                  18) Solid Harmonie: I Want You To Want Me
                                                  19) Eagle-Eye Cherry: Save Tonight
                                                  20) Space Brothers: Forgiven (I Feel Your Love)

Danish Singles Chart 1998-04-17 [Week 16]
                                                  2) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                                  4) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                  6) Madonna: Frozen
                                                  9) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                  12) 666: Diablo
                                                  13) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                  14) Pappa Bear feat. Van Der Toorn: Cherish
                                                  15) Spice Girls: Stop
                                                  16) Rhapsody feat. Warren G & Sissel: Prince Igor
                                                  17) Destiny's Child: No No No
                                                  18) Modern Talking: You're My Heart, You're My Soul '98
                                                  19) Eagle-Eye Cherry: Save Tonight
                                                  20) Whoopee!: Loveline

Danish Singles Chart 1998-04-24 [Week 17]
                                                  2) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                  3) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                                  4) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                  6) 666: Diablo
                                                  10) All Saints: Never Ever
                                                  11) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                  12) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                                  13) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                  14) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                  15) Modern Talking: You're My Heart, You're My Soul '98
                                                  16) Destiny's Child: No No No
                                                  17) 666: Alarma!
                                                  18) Pappa Bear feat. Van Der Toorn: Cherish
                                                  19) Janet Jackson: Together Again
                                                  20) Solid Harmonie: I Want You To Want Me

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, May (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Three weeks at number one for Celine Dion and two weeks for Hit 'N' Hide.
                                                    - Danish hip-hoppers Den Gale Pose make it to number seven.
                                                    - K-Ci & JoJo peak at number three with their only Danish hit single.
                                                    - Infernal make it two out of two going to the top three with second hit single, "Highland Fling".
                                                    - The Tamperer make it to number three.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-05-01 [Week 18]
                                                    5) 666: Diablo
                                                    12) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                    14) 666: Alarma!
                                                    15) Modern Talking: You're My Heart, You're My Soul '98
                                                    17) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                                    18) Boyzone: All That I Need
                                                    19) Pappa Bear feat. Van Der Toorn: Cherish
                                                    20) Janet Jackson: Together Again

Danish Singles Chart 1998-05-08 [Week 19]
                                                    8) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                    9) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                    10) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                    11) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                    12) Destiny's Child: No No No
                                                    13) All Saints: Never Ever
                                                    14) Boyzone: All That I Need
                                                    15) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                    16) 666: Alarma!
                                                    17) Cornershop: Brimful Of Asha
                                                    19) P.M. Dawn feat. Ky-Mani: Gotta Be...Movin' Up
                                                    20) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party

PLEASE NOTE: Number 18 is missing and cannot be re-created according to IFPI. But it is a song that has not charted elsewhere in the chart.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-05-15 [Week 20]
                                                    2) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                    6) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                    8) Madonna: Frozen
                                                    9) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                    11) Destiny's Child: No No No
                                                    12) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                                    14) Boyzone: All That I Need
                                                    15) Cornershop: Brimful Of Asha
                                                    16) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                    17) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: (It's) Tricky
                                                    18) Diskofil: Pas På Den Knaldrøde Gummibåd
                                                    19) S.O.A.P.: This Is How We Party
                                                    20) 666: Alarma!

Danish Singles Chart 1998-05-22 [Week 21]
                                                    1) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                    4) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                    6) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                    8) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                    9) Diskofil: Pas På Den Knaldrøde Gummibåd
                                                    11) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                    12) Madonna: Frozen
                                                    13) Boyzone: All That I Need
                                                    14) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                    15) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                                    17) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: (It's) Tricky
                                                    18) Cornershop: Brimful Of Asha
                                                    19) Madonna: Ray Of Light
                                                    20) Solid Harmonie: I Want You To Want Me

Danish Singles Chart 1998-05-29 [Week 22]
                                                    3) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                    5) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                    6) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                    7) 666: Diablo
                                                    8) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                    10) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                    13) Destiny's Child: No No No
                                                    14) Anouk: Nobody's Wife
                                                    15) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                    16) Cornershop: Brimful Of Asha
                                                    17) Madonna: Frozen
                                                    18) Madonna: Ray Of Light
                                                    19) Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
                                                    20) Boyzone: All That I Need
                                                    Last edited by janjensen; Sun October 20th, 2019, 15:29.

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, June (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- It's "Space Invaders" at number one all month...
                                                      - Pras Michel enters with a later number one single.
                                                      - So does Swede Drömhus with one of the biggest hits of the year - a cover of a 1980 hit by Freestyle.
                                                      - Denmark qualifies for the World Cup in 1998 but do not make it number one in the chart this time.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-06-05 [Week 23]
                                                      2) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                      3) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                      4) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                      6) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                      7) 666: Diablo
                                                      9) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                      10) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                                      12) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                      13) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                      14) 666: Alarma!
                                                      15) Dario G: Carnaval De Paris
                                                      16) All Saints: Under The Bridge/Lady Marmelade
                                                      17) Busta Rhymes: Turn It Up
                                                      18) Buddah In The Chocolate Box: Satisfaction
                                                      19) Destiny's Child: No No No
                                                      20) Boyzone: All That I Need

Danish Singles Chart 1998-06-12 [Week 24]
                                                      3) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                      4) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                      6) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                      7) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                      8) 666: Diablo
                                                      10) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                      12) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                      13) Buddah In The Chocolate Box: Satisfaction
                                                      14) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                                      15) Lutricia McNeal: Stranded
                                                      16) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                      17) Lighthouse Family: High
                                                      18) Dario G: Carnaval De Paris
                                                      19) Busta Rhymes: Turn It Up
                                                      20) 666: Alarma!

Danish Singles Chart 1998-06-19 [Week 25]
                                                      2) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                      3) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                      4) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                      5) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                      6) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                      7) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                      9) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                      10) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                      12) Lutricia McNeal: Stranded
                                                      13) 666: Diablo
                                                      14) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                      15) Bran Van 3000: Drinking In L.A.
                                                      16) Infernal: Sorti De L'Enfer
                                                      17) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
                                                      18) Busta Rhymes: Turn It Up
                                                      19) Buddah In The Chocolate Box: Satisfaction
                                                      20) Romeo: Coming Home

Danish Singles Chart 1998-06-26 [Week 26]
                                                      2) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                      3) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                      4) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                      5) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                      6) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                      7) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                      8) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                      9) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                      10) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                      11) Lutricia McNeal: Stranded
                                                      12) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                      13) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                      14) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                      15) Bran Van 3000: Drinking In L.A.
                                                      16) 666: Diablo
                                                      17) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                      18) Ace Of Base: Life Is A Flower
                                                      19) Papkasseshow: Los Mig Hårdt I Bollerne
                                                      20) Run-D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, July (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

Wow! Getting censored here.

- Pras Michel and the guy whose name I can't write top for two weeks before Drömhus takes over and tops for nine massive weeks.
                                                        - Danes Cartoons enter and peak at number three.
                                                        - So do Brandy & Monica.
                                                        - And also a number three peak for Swede Meja.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-07-03 [Week 27]
                                                        1) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                        2) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                        3) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                        5) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                        7) 666: Amokk
                                                        8) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                        10) Papkasseshow: Los Mig Hårdt I Bollerne
                                                        11) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                        12) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                        13) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                        14) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                        15) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                        16) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                        17) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                        18) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                        19) Lutricia McNeal: Stranded

Danish Singles Chart 1998-07-10 [Week 28]
                                                        1) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                        3) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                        4) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                        5) 666: Amokk
                                                        6) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                        7) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                        8) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                        9) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                        10) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                        12) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                        13) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                        14) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                        15) Papkasseshow: Los Mig Hårdt I Bollerne
                                                        16) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                        17) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                        18) Sash!: La Primavera
                                                        19) Lutricia McNeal: Stranded
                                                        20) Bran Van 3000: Drinking In L.A.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-07-17 [Week 29]
                                                        1) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                        3) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                        4) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                        7) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                        8) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                        12) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                        13) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                        14) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                        15) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                        17) Lutricia McNeal: Stranded
                                                        18) Bran Van 3000: Drinking In L.A.
                                                        19) Papkasseshow: Los Mig Hårdt I Bollerne

Danish Singles Chart 1998-07-24 [Week 30]
                                                        3) 666: Amokk
                                                        5) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                        6) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                        7) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                        8) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                        11) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                        12) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                        13) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                        14) Papkasseshow: Los Mig Hårdt I Bollerne
                                                        15) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                        16) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                        17) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                        18) Bran Van 3000: Drinking In L.A.
                                                        19) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting
                                                        20) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times

Danish Singles Chart 1998-07-31 [Week 31]
                                                        6) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                        7) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                        8) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                        9) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                        10) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                        12) Dodo & VM-Landsholdet: Vi Vil Ha' Sejren I Land
                                                        13) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                        14) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                        15) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                        16) Papkasseshow: Los Mig Hårdt I Bollerne
                                                        17) Ricky Martin: La Copa De La Vida
                                                        18) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                        19) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                        20) Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas: Kung Fu Fighting

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, August (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Drömhus owns the chart all month.
                                                          - Des'ree and Aerosmith both make it well into the top ten.
                                                          - E-Type collects his biggest Danish hit single going to number two.
                                                          - Boyzone enter and later make to the summit.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-08-07 [Week 32]
                                                          7) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                          8) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                          9) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                          10) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                          12) Des'ree: Life
                                                          13) Aerosmith: I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
                                                          14) Ricky Martin: La Copa De La Vida
                                                          15) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                          16) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                          17) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                          18) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                          19) Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
                                                          20) Spice Girls: Viva Forever

Danish Singles Chart 1998-08-14 [Week 33]
                                                          4) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                          5) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                          6) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                          7) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                          8) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                          9) Des'ree: Life
                                                          11) Aerosmith: I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
                                                          12) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                          13) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                          14) Spice Girls: Viva Forever
                                                          15) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                          16) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                          17) Ultimate Kaos: Casanova
                                                          18) Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page: Come With Me
                                                          19) Infernal: Highland Fling
                                                          20) Ricky Martin: La Copa De La Vida

Danish Singles Chart 1998-08-21 [Week 34]
                                                          2) 666: Amokk
                                                          3) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                          4) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                          7) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                          8) Des'ree: Life
                                                          9) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                          12) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                          13) Spice Girls: Viva Forever
                                                          15) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                          16) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                          17) Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page: Come With Me
                                                          18) Another Level: Freak Me
                                                          19) Tamperer feat. Maya: Feel It
                                                          20) Ricky Martin: La Copa De La Vida

Danish Singles Chart 1998-08-28 [Week 35]
                                                          3) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                          5) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                          8) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                          9) Des'ree: Life
                                                          10) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                          11) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                          12) Aerosmith: I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
                                                          13) Spice Girls: Viva Forever
                                                          15) Boyzone: No Matter What
                                                          16) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                          17) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank
                                                          18) Neja: Restless
                                                          19) Another Level: Freak Me
                                                          20) Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page: Come With Me

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, September (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Drömhus still tops for two weeks before Depeche Mode top for one week with their fourth of nine number ones. In the last week Infernal finally make it to number one.
                                                            - Faithless' follow-up to "Insomnia" goes to number four.
                                                            - Infernal enter with what will turn out to be to group's only Danish number one single. Because of the ridiculous development of the Danish chart between 2003/4 and 2007, where the download chart finally replaces the cd singles sales chart, international mega hit "From Paris To Berlin" only charts for one week at number 31!!!
                                                            - Jennifer Paige gets her only Danish hit peaking at number seven.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-09-04 [Week 36]
                                                            3) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                            4) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                            6) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                            7) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                            8) Des'ree: Life
                                                            9) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                            10) Boyzone: No Matter What
                                                            11) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                            13) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                            14) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                            15) K-Ci & JoJo: All My Life
                                                            16) Spice Girls: Viva Forever
                                                            17) Den Gale Pose: Spændt Op Til Lir
                                                            18) Neja: Restless
                                                            19) Another Level: Freak Me
                                                            20) Fatboy Slim: The Rockafeller Skank

Danish Singles Chart 1998-09-11 [Week 37]
                                                            2) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                            5) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                            6) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                            7) Des'ree: Life
                                                            8) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                            9) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                            10) Boyzone: No Matter What
                                                            11) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                            13) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me
                                                            14) Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself
                                                            15) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                            16) Dr. Bombay: Calcutta (Taxi, Taxi, Taxi)
                                                            17) Stardust: Music Sounds Better With You
                                                            18) Brooklyn Bounce: Contact
                                                            19) Spice Girls: Viva Forever
                                                            20) Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page: Come With Me

Danish Singles Chart 1998-09-18 [Week 38]
                                                            1) Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself
                                                            3) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                            4) 666: Amokk
                                                            5) Infernal: Kalinka
                                                            6) Des'ree: Life
                                                            7) Boyzone: No Matter What
                                                            8) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                            9) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                            10) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                            11) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                            12) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                            13) Aerosmith: I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
                                                            14) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                            15) Dr. Bombay: Calcutta (Taxi, Taxi, Taxi)
                                                            17) Brooklyn Bounce: Contact
                                                            18) Stardust: Music Sounds Better With You
                                                            19) Hit 'N' Hide: Space Invaders
                                                            20) LeAnn Rimes: How Do I Live

Danish Singles Chart 1998-09-25 [Week 39]
                                                            1) Infernal: Kalinka
                                                            2) Boyzone: No Matter What
                                                            3) Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself
                                                            4) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                            5) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                            8) 666: Amokk
                                                            9) Aerosmith: I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
                                                            10) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                            11) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                            12) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                            13) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                            16) Jennifer Paige: Crush
                                                            17) LeAnn Rimes: How Do I Live
                                                            18) Robbie Williams: Millennium
                                                            19) Stardust: Music Sounds Better With You
                                                            20) Brooklyn Bounce: Contact

Comment

• Official Danish Singles Chart 1998, October (Source: IFPI/M&I Service)

- Infernal top for four weeks before Boyzone collect their one week atop.
                                                              - George Michael enters and peaks at number four.
                                                              - Cher gets her major comeback eventually going to number one for 10 weeks.
                                                              - Swede Emilia charts and makes it to number two. A massive, massive radio hit.
                                                              - U2 enter and make it to number six.

Danish Singles Chart 1998-10-02 [Week 40]
                                                              4) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                              5) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                              6) 666: Amokk
                                                              7) Des'ree: Life
                                                              10) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                              11) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                              12) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                              13) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                              14) Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself
                                                              16) Jennifer Paige: Crush
                                                              17) Robbie Williams: Millennium
                                                              18) Melanie B feat. Missy Elliott: I Want You Back
                                                              19) Pretty Pink: Spicegirls Wannabes
                                                              20) Stardust: Music Sounds Better With You

Danish Singles Chart 1998-10-09 [Week 41]
                                                              4) 666: Amokk
                                                              5) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                              7) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                              10) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                              11) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                              12) Dr. Bombay: Calcutta (Taxi, Taxi, Taxi)
                                                              13) Jennifer Paige: Crush
                                                              14) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                              15) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                              16) Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself
                                                              18) Robbie Williams: Millennium
                                                              20) 4 The Cause: Stand By Me

Danish Singles Chart 1998-10-16 [Week 42]
                                                              4) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                              5) Des'ree: Life
                                                              6) 666: Amokk
                                                              8) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                              10) Jennifer Paige: Crush
                                                              11) Cartoons: Witch Doctor
                                                              12) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                              13) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                              14) Dr. Bombay: Calcutta (Taxi, Taxi, Taxi)
                                                              15) Brooklyn Bounce: Contact
                                                              16) Pras Michel feat. Ol' Dirty ******* & Introducing Mýa: Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
                                                              17) Depeche Mode: Only When I Lose Myself
                                                              18) Meja: All 'Bout The Money
                                                              19) Robbie Williams: Millennium
                                                              20) Stardust: Music Sounds Better With You

Danish Singles Chart 1998-10-23 [Week 43]
                                                              4) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                              6) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                              7) Jennifer Paige: Crush
                                                              8) George Michael: Outside
                                                              9) Cher: Believe
                                                              10) Des'ree: Life
                                                              12) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                              13) Cartoons: Witch Doctor
                                                              15) Queen with Wyclef Jean: Another One Bites The Dust
                                                              16) Dr. Bombay: Calcutta (Taxi, Taxi, Taxi)
                                                              18) Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine
                                                              20) Jessica Folcker: Tell Me What You Like

Danish Singles Chart 1998-10-30 [Week 44]
                                                              1) Boyzone: No Matter What
                                                              2) Infernal: Kalinka
                                                              3) Cher: Believe
                                                              4) George Michael: Outside
                                                              5) Emilia: Big Big World
                                                              6) Faithless: God Is A DJ
                                                              7) Jennifer Paige: Crush
                                                              8) E-Type: Angels Crying
                                                              9) 666: Amokk
                                                              10) Drömhus: Vill Ha Dig
                                                              11) U2: Sweetest Thing
                                                              13) Cartoons: Witch Doctor
                                                              14) Cartoons: Doo Dah!
                                                              16) Des'ree: Life
                                                              17) Sash! feat. Tina Cousins: Mysterious Times
                                                              18) Queen with Wyclef Jean: Another One Bites The Dust
                                                              20) Alanis Morissette: Thank U/Pollyanna Flower/Uninvited
                                                              Last edited by janjensen; Sun October 20th, 2019, 15:33.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X