Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Charts Thread 2019: weekly Charts, sales, infos, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    The best-selling albums according to current certifications from each year of release (only if sales are >1.05 mio., smaller sales may be added later on):
    1981 - Phil Collins - Face Value - 1.75 mio.
    1987 - Michael Jackson - Bad - 2 mio
    1993 - Phil Collins - Both Sides - 1.5 mio
    1995 -Pur - Abenteuerland - 2 mio
    1997 - Eros Ramazzotti - Eros - 1.5 mio
    1998 - Madonna - Ray of Light - 1.5 mio
    2015 - Adele - 25 - 1.2 mio
    + 1981: Queen - Greatest Hits (certified for sales of 1.75 mio as well)
    1987: Dirty Dancing Soundtrack - also 2 mio
    1993: Ace Of Base - Happy Nation & Pur - Seiltänzertraum - also 1.5 mio
    1995: Andrea Bocelli - Bocelli - also 2 mio
    1997: Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love - also 1.5 mio
    1998: Westernhagen - Westernhagen Live - also 1.5 mio
    2015: Helene Fischer - Weihnachten - also 1.2 mio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ums_in_Germany
    Last edited by Benny; Mon March 4th, 2019, 19:38.
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

In those specific cases, I went by the album's title and picked the one that starts with the letter earlier in the alphabet. It's just for orientation and not supposed to be 100% precise anyway since some albums had their last recertification years (or even decades) ago and could be eligible for a higher one by now ;) .

It's interesting, however, that some of those albums are children of their time and sold much in little time, while others still sell well (for catalogue standard) up to today.
      Last edited by theMathematician; Mon March 4th, 2019, 20:05.
      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
      and everything you stand for?
      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

It's just for orientation and not supposed to be 100% anyway since some albums had their last recertification years (or even decades) ago and could be eligible for a higher one by now ;) .
        True! Many albums are hugely undercertified (like Peter Maffay's 'Steppenwolf', which sold 1.2 mio copies according to Billboard Magazine, but is only certified for 500k).
        Last edited by Benny; Mon March 4th, 2019, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by juszttamas2 View Post
          A big question: What happened to the german charts at the first quarter of 2018? This is when Capital bra started to release singles, ok, but also since then, very bad , generic hip-hop rap songs take up the top 5. ANd not just Capital bra, but Kontra K, Shindy, Kollegah, countless boring, generic, rap songs. So it is not only about (and because of ) capital bra.

When will (or will ever) the german charts be back to the normal as it was before the March-April of 2018 ? Remember, in 2017 hits like Axwell - More than you know, normal songs were number 1.
          Do you think it can ever be back to normal?

(And if we check the download only charts, that is fine, there we have Pietro Lombardi, Ava Max, Calvin harris , Lady Gaga at the top positions, but will ever the offiziele charts (also including streams) be back to normal? At other countries, also there is a growing popularity - mostly because of streaming - of Hip/hop-urban-rap, but there the charts (for example in the UK where good pop songs still can make the top 5 positions) are still normal. So what is going on with German charts?
          Should they change rules?
          What do you think of this?
          The rules for the calculation of streaming for the charts are quite hard to comprehend. In UK for example the rule is 150 streams = 1 download so that's easy to understand. In Germany, the rule is the following:

Gezählt werden nur Streams ab 31 Sekunden. Der Wert eines Streams ergibt sich dabei aus der folgenden Rechnung:
          Anzahl Premium-Accounts x Durchschnittlicher Wert eines Premium-Abos / Anzahl der durch Premium-Nutzer getätigten Streams
          Dieser Wert wird durch den Chartermittler einer halbjährlichen Überprüfung unterzogen und ggf. angepasst.
          Since we don't know about number of premium accounts, average worth of a premium subscription etc. we don't even know the effect of streams for the chart. Also, this system means that streams on different platforms have different weights. Quite confusing. Also the last sentence means that they probably adjust the rules every 6 months but we don't know if they do it and how.

In general, it would be possible to weight downloads higher so they would influence the chart more than they do right now. On the other hand, since the german chart is all about revenue, I guess the rules are designed to show the biggest revenue accross downloads and streams. If that's not the case anymore, they probably adjust the rules, if it's the case they probably don't. But we just don't know.

In my opinion it shouldn't matter if specific genres/artists rule the chart more than before. If revenue is displayed right this way, everybody has to deal with it. That's at least my opinion.

btw I'm still compiling a weekly "German Hot 100" (i posted these charts a few years ago) using download, airplay, audio and video streaming data. Maybe you'd like my Hot 100 more than the official chart. ;)
          Last edited by Charter2000; Tue March 5th, 2019, 14:28.

Comment

Sarah Connor posted something on Facebook about a new song. (My German is not very good.)
            Hope we'll see a new single/album enter the German charts soon.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

German estimation for BSB's DNA (first week and overall)?

Comment

new/re

005. Shindy - Road2Goat
                013. Luciano - Diablo
                019. Bausa, Dardan - Licht (feat. Dardan)
                031. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
                038. SDP, Capital Bra - Viva la Dealer
                053. Benny Blanco, Tainy, Selena Gomez, J Balvin - I Can't Get Enough
                059. Die Draufgänger - Cordula Grün
                064. Nimo, Capo - Planlos
                066. Juju - Intro
                073. Gent - Paramilitär (feat. Kollegah)
                076. Jamule - Sex Sells (feat. PA Sports)
                080. Play69, Fler & Farid Bang - Kugelsicherer Jugendlicher
                081. Tobee - Helikopter 117 (Mach' den Hub Hub Hub)
                084. Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
                092. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
                095. Brings - Kölsche Jung
                096. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
                098. Andreas Gabalier - Hulapalu

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                  The situation is as bad in Austria
                  The situation is the same in Netherlands too.
                  Mostly it's a domination of local hip hop acts.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_...op_100_in_2018
                  https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_...op_100_in_2019

https://dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=s
                  My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                  In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                    German estimation for BSB's DNA (first week and overall)?
                    2 - 16k
                    10 - 9k (No. 4 seller of the week)
                    25 - 5k
                    35 - 3k
                    60 - 1k
                    71 - 900

(total so far: ~ 35k)

Comment

The problem is that streaming represents who has the most time to listen to a song and not who values it most.
                      2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

so mero and wolke 10 is no1 .... and this is probably first rap song ever sung in german that i love! its really catchy and lovely and one of my favourites right now

Comment

new

01. MERO - Wolke 10
                          05. Azet & Zuna - Kamehameha
                          18. Azet & Zuna - Pam Pam
                          31. Azet & Zuna - Pare
                          32. Dardan - Facetime
                          45. Azet & Zuna - Nese Don (feat. RAF Camora)
                          47. 18 Karat - So stell ich mir das vor
                          52. Azet & Zuna - Ist es wahr
                          57. Joker Bra - Dresscode Gucci
                          64. Ava Max - So Am I
                          65. Azet & Zuna - Geld verdammt (feat. Miami Yacine)
                          69. Azet & Zuna - Zieh
                          73. Azet & Zuna - Ghetto
                          80. Azet & Zuna - Crack Koks Piece Unternehmen (feat. NASH)
                          83. Billie Eilish - wish you were gay
                          88. Azet & Zuna - Skam Koh
                          90. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
                          92. Mathea - 2x
                          93. Summer Cem & Bausa - Casanova
                          98. Kalim - Mbappé

Comment

^^ So much German rap songs in there, the genre is really at a popularity peak at the moment. Among the best-selling pre-orders on Amazon, the (physical) albums of Capital Bra, KC Rebell, Kontra K and 18 Karat (Is there something special with the sound 'k' in German rap?) are even ahead of Andrea Berg's upcoming album. And Andrea Berg is really a huge local act with a loyal (adult) fanbase whose last 6 studio albums all sold at least 500k copies....

Comment

i just saw german midweeks and im speechless.... top 10 is only german rap songs...in top 30 there is only 8 normal songs rest is mero, capital and same same stuff...nobody from charts control sees it???it was hilarious and ridiculous but now it starts to be seriously stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by earache View Post
                                i just saw german midweeks and im speechless.... top 10 is only german rap songs...in top 30 there is only 8 normal songs rest is mero, capital and same same stuff...nobody from charts control sees it???it was hilarious and ridiculous but now it starts to be seriously stupid!
                                Maybe we are just a few old people and most germans like this music, I don't know. Was there ever a public statement about how the charts look like or are they just happy they can present new records every week?

Comment

This is how the top 10 used to look like 10 years ago:
                                  1 (2) Lady Gaga - Poker Face
                                  2 (1) Silbermond - Irgendwas bleibt
                                  3 (4) James Morrison & Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings
                                  4 (3) Razorlight - Wire to Wire
                                  5 (5) Mando Diao - Dance With Somebody
                                  6 (NEW) Jeanette - Undress to the Beat
                                  7 (NEW) Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
                                  8 (7) Peter Fox - Schwarz zu Blau
                                  9 (8) Peter Fox - Haus am See
                                  10 (10) Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

Trends come and go, but I would say that this top 10 is musically diverse, includes German and English songs and represents songs that, for a great part, were popular among young and older people (e.g. Mando Diao definitely weren't only a teenagers' act). Today's top 10 is very different to that one and I doubt that we would look back at it in 10 years the same way we look back today to the top 10 from 10 years ago...

Comment

This is how the top 10 used to look like 10 years ago:
                                    1 (2) Lady Gaga - Poker Face
                                    2 (1) Silbermond - Irgendwas bleibt
                                    3 (4) James Morrison & Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings
                                    4 (3) Razorlight - Wire to Wire
                                    5 (5) Mando Diao - Dance With Somebody
                                    6 (NEW) Jeanette - Undress to the Beat
                                    7 (NEW) Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
                                    8 (7) Peter Fox - Schwarz zu Blau
                                    9 (8) Peter Fox - Haus am See
                                    10 (10) Katy Perry - Hot N Cold
                                    What a great top 10 this week in 2009! Quite diverse and I like all songs except for Jeanette's (which I don't know).
                                    How sad that these great days are over.

Comment

- edited -

Comment

Current German I-Tunes.
                                        1. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
                                        2. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
                                        3. MERO - Wolke 10
                                        4. Calvin Harris, Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant
                                        5. Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho
                                        6. Mark Ronson - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart
                                        7. Daddy Yankee - Con Calma
                                        8. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a Stranger
                                        9. Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
                                        10. Robin Schulz - Speechless
                                        11. Ava Max - So Am I
                                        12. Michael Schulte - Back to the Start
                                        13. P!nk - Walk Me Home
                                        14. Shirin David - Gib ihm
                                        15. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
                                        16. Lauv & Troye Sivan - i'm so tired...
                                        17. George Ezra - Hold My Girl
                                        18. The Prince Karma - Later Bitches
                                        19. HUGEL - WTF
                                        20. Dermot Kennedy - Power Over Me

Current official # 1 (DNA) at # 71.

So we have the same situation with any other current chart, nobody didn't buy these "hits", it's just endless streaming.
                                        Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu March 21st, 2019, 20:36.
                                        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Sales estimations for the No. 1 sellers so far this year:
                                          Tumult - 20k
                                          Schlagerchampions 2019 - 23k
                                          Mint - 16k
                                          Da Nich Für - 18k
                                          Resist - 17k
                                          thank u, next - 11k
                                          Moonglow - 13k
                                          MTV Unplugged 2 - 13k
                                          Die unendlichste Geschichte - 12k
                                          Tumult - 15k

Which album will be the next to finally top the 20k again? Andrea Berg will definitely, but maybe one of the upcoming rap releases? After all, they usually have a loyal fanbase and in the past few years, there were rap albums opening with close to 100k (e.g. 'Jung Brutal Gutaussehend III)...

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                            Current German I-Tunes.
                                            1. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
                                            2. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
                                            3. MERO - Wolke 10
                                            [...]

Current official # 1 (DNA) at # 71.

So we have the same situation with any other current chart, nobody didn't buy these "hits", it's just endless streaming.
                                            Hm, the itunes chart you posted is more than one week old (kworb pop bars do not update anymore ;) ) Also, DNA was #1 4 weeks ago.

Besides that, you're right, the younger audience rather streams a song then download it but to me, that is absolutely not surprising. As long as I have a subscription to Spotify, why would I buy any music? btw Mero charted #2 on the download chart last week so there are actually people buying these songs.

Comment

I guess a big problem is the lack of transparency on how the charts are calculated.
                                              In my opinion, streaming and downloads/sales are two systems that hardly match. A few numbers really would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Charter2000 View Post
                                                Hm, the itunes chart you posted is more than one week old (kworb pop bars do not update anymore ;) ) Also, DNA was #1 4 weeks ago.

Besides that, you're right, the younger audience rather streams a song then download it but to me, that is absolutely not surprising. As long as I have a subscription to Spotify, why would I buy any music? btw Mero charted #2 on the download chart last week so there are actually people buying these songs.
                                                Mero - Wolke 10 had also good result in itunes.

My issue is mostly with Capital Bra, Capital bra is simply TRASH, listen to their new single, Cherry Cheri Lady!? Terrible!

If an "artist" relases (and can release) a song EACH week, it means, that no art, no work performed , but something trash put together in a few hours. It is simple as that!

real artists can't release a song each week. Pink, Ed sheeran, wont release an album each year!

Capital bra is all about money, and it is a shame, that youngsters buy/stream this.

Mero is a different story, he is talented and original.

Comment

WHEN will they finish releasings songs? With this quality, they could release a shit each week and 3 albums a year.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlkBbpso22k

Look the video. THe times when German charts (and all other) were very good.

Comment

It's not even a necessity to look back at the chart 26 years ago. Even 10 years ago, you had acts like Lady Gaga, Razorlight or Peter Fox charting in the top 10. Those were songs that actually had quality and still sound great if you hear them nowadays. When it comes to Capital Bra or Mero, I highly doubt that these songs will end up as classics of their time or highlights within their genre.

Comment

Originally posted by juszttamas2 View Post
                                                        Mero - Wolke 10 had also good result in itunes.

My issue is mostly with Capital Bra, Capital bra is simply TRASH, listen to their new single, Cherry Cheri Lady!? Terrible!

If an "artist" relases (and can release) a song EACH week, it means, that no art, no work performed , but something trash put together in a few hours. It is simple as that!

real artists can't release a song each week. Pink, Ed sheeran, wont release an album each year!

Capital bra is all about money, and it is a shame, that youngsters buy/stream this.

Mero is a different story, he is talented and original.
                                                        I agree, Capital Bra songs nowaydays all sound the same and are quite boring but we cannot change the rules just because we do not like the music. Also, "Cherry Lady" is #1 on itunes right now so it's not only streams. Mero isn't much better, his singles were okay but all those songs on his album sound the same with 50% of the lyrics are him mentioning that he is the best, fastest and has the best rhymes while his rhymes are quite boring most of the time.

Long story short: As long as people stream these songs a lot (not only in the release week but for multiple weeks) they will block the Top 10/20 but they cannot change the rules just because lots of people dislike specific types of songs. Also I have to mention that there really is a lack of pop/mainstream hits right now that are also popular on Spotify. "Sweet But Psycho" performed very well on Spotify even with all the rap songs but songs like "Giant" are not. I'm curious how Mabels "Don't Call Me Up" will perform during the next weeks.

Comment

Could it be that the german song for the Eurovision Song Contest hasn't make it to the charts at all?

Comment

It didn't, indeed. In fact, I completely missed that the predecision even happened - there was like no hype around ESC or the winner at all. And I thought that it wasn't possible to outdo Levina in that regard... The German support for their ESC acts even before the show actually takes place seriously declined after Lena's victory back in 2010.

Comment

New number 1 for Capital Bra ?

https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/single

Again and again. He got 11 chart toppers in 12 months period (from April 2018 to March 2019).
                                                              Last edited by LastDreamer; Sat March 23rd, 2019, 20:15.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X