Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Charts Thread 2019: weekly Charts, sales, infos, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
    Is it only streaming effect (like that hilarious US # 1 album, which got 99 % points from streaming and sold only 600 copies) or Capital Bra also had good sales numbers (at least for the first week of each single release) ?
    He also has good debut weeks downloadwise. Of course streaming is what pushes him to #1 but at least the tracks with him as the main artist would always chart inside the Top 5 if the chart was based on downloads only. I'm actually still tracking the german itunes chart on a daily basis and try to calculate my own weekly charts and I quickly looked up my data for this years releases. I do not track the official download chart but the positions should be very similar.

So these are the first week positions on my itunes chart for Capitals 2019 releases that went to #1 on the official singles chart:

Prinzessa: #4
    DNA: #13 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)
    Wir ticken: #4
    Cherry Lady: #1
    Wieder Lila: #11 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)
    Royal Rumble: #40 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)
    Tilidin: #4
    Zombie: #8 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)

I will calculate the data for "Nummer 1" during the next hours and edit this post. As gfk posted on their website, "Nummer 1" reached #1 only with a small margin. "Roller" was actually the most streamed song of the week on Spotify and this time the lead in sales probably pushed Capital to #1.

//edit: "Nummer 1" is #12 on my weekly itunes chart, weaker performance than the other tracks with him in the lead or his Samra features. Apache is #35 based on downloads so sales actually saved that #1 for "Nummer 1".
    Last edited by Charter2000; Fri August 30th, 2019, 21:51.

Comment

• The german charts are a joke now. No wonder this thread no longer has any activity

Comment

• It seems like it's all about the artist and not about the song any longer and the people don't want to listen to one song for longer than 2 or 3 weeks before they get bored by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          Yes AKBC48 are leading worldwide. It's hard to compare them to anyone else due to the fact that the Japanese market is so frontloaded - you won't have an album charting in the top 10 for 80 weeks there - but they are as successful in Japan as Helene Fischer in the GAS-countries. Besides, Mariah Carey also scored 18 No. 1 singles in the US.
          Mariah 18 and The Beatles 20 #1 ones in the US are just for the Hot 100 era, overall Crosby has 41 #1 in the US.

Comment

• Hmm I have never heard a Capital bra song
            COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

AnnenMayKanntereit's 'Schlagschatten' just received gold for 100k+ copies shipped. As it has charted for 37 weeks and was in the top 10 during the Christmas weeks, I would've expected platinum at this stage. Were sales lower than usual during the Christmas season '18 or is the album's good chrt run related to it being sold for a higher than usual price?
              Well CD albums werde crashing down 20% in 2018
              and another 12% in the first half of 2019.
              2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• But certs do not only go by physical sales but also consider digital and streaming sales. Is that really the answer to the issue?

-----

Here's my assumption of the No. 1 albums of the next 5 weeks:
                Peter Maffay - jetzt!
                Mert - Boxerschnitt
                Peter Maffay - jetzt!
                Sirin David - Supersize
                Deichkind - Wer sagt denn das?

What do you think about this?
                When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
                Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
                (Maren Morris)

Comment

• Afaik albums do not get certifications automatically, labels have to request them. So if an album gets a certification, it doesn't mean the album just crossed the sales number needed for that cert. Don't know if that's what happened here but just to keep in mind in general.

Comment

• Thanks, [MENTION=28820]Charter2000[/MENTION]. Of course, it could've been shipped anything between 100k and 199k times. The only thing we can be sure of is that its shipments haven't been higher than 199k, since no label would apply for a lower than necessary cert on purpos, would they?
                    (Maren Morris)

Comment

• From the top 100 from exactly 2 years ago, 47 albums would end up gaining a certification, including: 29x platinum, 14x multi-platinum, 3 x 1 mio.+ and 1x 2 mio.+.
                      From the top 100 from exactly 5 years ago, 59 albums would end up gaining a certification, including: 41x platinum, 20x multi-platinum, 6x 1 mio.+ and 3x 2 mio.+.
                      From the top 100 from exactly 10 years ago, 61 albums would end up gaining a certification, including: 42x platinum, 22x multi-platinum, 8x 1 mio.+ and 2x 2 mio.+.
                      (Maren Morris)

Comment

• A good indicator for the health of the German albums market (especially in the Schlager segment): Fantasy's 'Eine Nacht im Paradies' reached 3x gold for 300k copies+ shipped. Released in 2014, the album was able to achieve this despite charting in the top 10 for one week (No. 1) and on the whole chart for 27 weeks. The album must have been sold low quantities for a loooong time...

-----

'High & Hungrig II' was certified with platinum for 200k+ copies shipped. That's fine, but I'm desperately waiting for a cert for 'Palmen aus Plastik' since it's one of the all-time longest charting hip hop albums in Germany (111 weeks!). Do you believe that it's eligible for at least 5x gold (=500k copies shipped)?
                        Last edited by theMathematician; Mon September 16th, 2019, 17:11.
                        (Maren Morris)

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                          So Capital Bra is to get his 17th German Number 1 Single this Week?
                          Already 18 number ones. "110" spent 2 weeks on the top.
                          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• 29 new entries inside the top 40 albums chart in the midweeks and 46 in the whole top 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by candyman View Post
                              29 new entries inside the top 40 albums chart in the midweeks and 46 in the whole top 100.

... and 10 new-entries in the TOP 11.
                              The Singles-Chart-History with lots of artists and information:

www.chart-history.net

Comment

• WOW, overall sales will be huge that week!
                                (Maren Morris)

Comment

• The German chart is the most useless and uninteresting chart in the world.

The way Capital Bra scored 18 #1's in not even 2 years is beyond ridiculous. Who is even still following the abomination of a chart?
                                  My Chart

Comment

• There has to be exist a new rule in the single chart since tracks from Capital Bra's new album "Berlin lebt 2" have been charting three weeks later, when they are still in demand (e.g. Purple Rain ft. Santos was charting three weeks later as it actually has to be charted).

The same to last weeks released album (EP) "Platte" of Apache 207. For example "Doch in der Nacht" was streaming that high (Top 5) on Spotify and hold their position in Top 10 the full week after but isn't allowed to chart this week. And a lot of other tracks aren't allowed to chart this week from his currently released album.

Is anyone be able to explain the new rule?
                                    Last edited by davidbisbal; Mon November 4th, 2019, 03:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidbisbal View Post
                                      There has to be exist a new rule in the single chart since tracks from Capital Bra's new album "Berlin lebt 2" have been charting three weeks later, when they are still in demand (e.g. Purple Rain ft. Santos was charting three weeks later as it actually has to be charted).

Is anyone be able to explain the new rule?
                                      They changed it a few weeks ago. Here's the original explanation: "Für die ersten beiden Chartwochen ab der Album-VÖ werden alle darüber hinaus gehenden Titel des Albums für die Single-Charts ausgeschlossen (aber für die Album-Charts voll gewertet). Ab der dritten Woche werden neben den Single-VÖs und dem Album-Fokustrack auch wieder alle anderen Titel eines Albums für die Single-Charts gezählt." It's just what you thought has happened.

There's something that bothers me about current album charts. Because of a holiday they released charts already on Thursday afternoon and they said it was a very very close race between numbers 1 & 2. In the end Die Toten Hosen are on top followed by The Kelly Family. I wonder what happened to the sales of the last twelve hours of the chart week? Could it have made a difference for number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        The German chart is the most useless and uninteresting chart in the world.

The way Capital Bra scored 18 #1's in not even 2 years is beyond ridiculous. Who is even still following the abomination of a chart?
                                        Agreed.

Not too long ago I knew everything from the charts, but these days I don't even know most of them. I've never heard a Capital Bra song in full to be honest...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          Agreed.

Not too long ago I knew everything from the charts, but these days I don't even know most of them. I've never heard a Capital Bra song in full to be honest...
                                          I agree, too.

So I put my concentration on the music of the "good old days".

Have a look: www.chart-history.net

www.chart-history.net

Comment

• Originally posted by monzo View Post
                                            They changed it a few weeks ago. Here's the original explanation: "Für die ersten beiden Chartwochen ab der Album-VÖ werden alle darüber hinaus gehenden Titel des Albums für die Single-Charts ausgeschlossen (aber für die Album-Charts voll gewertet). Ab der dritten Woche werden neben den Single-VÖs und dem Album-Fokustrack auch wieder alle anderen Titel eines Albums für die Single-Charts gezählt." It's just what you thought has happened.

Interesting... And what happens if the artist will release a new version or a re-edition of a current album with some new tracks? Will the previous tracks (singles), although they have been very successful the last time, be banned from the single chart?

Originally posted by monzo View Post
                                            There's something that bothers me about current album charts. Because of a holiday they released charts already on Thursday afternoon and they said it was a very very close race between numbers 1 & 2. In the end Die Toten Hosen are on top followed by The Kelly Family. I wonder what happened to the sales of the last twelve hours of the chart week? Could it have made a difference for number 1?
                                            Probably also a good question... Did they change the period in counting sales and streams to release the chart earlier???

What about the period of the year-end chart 2019? Last year they released the chart at the beginning of December. Will they continue it this year too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                              I fully agree with you. Play me any song that reached the top 10 10 or 15 years ago and I will recognize it in less than 5 seconds! Today, I hardly know any of those rap songs making it to the top of the charts... They are not present in public as in not being played on the radio, not being played in shops and stores, not being played on TV. There was a time when a No. 1 song meant that throughout all parts of society, that one was the most popular. OK, we had acts like Tokio Hotel and Ch!pz who would be more popular among teens and children, but it wasn't as extreme as now when we have big parts of the population not knowing big parts of the charts actually.
                                              (Maren Morris)

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                The German chart is the most useless and uninteresting chart in the world.
                                                All modern charts are awful and I think that's Billboard Hot 100 is worse than German chart.
                                                My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidbisbal View Post

Interesting... And what happens if the artist will release a new version or a re-edition of a current album with some new tracks? Will the previous tracks (singles), although they have been very successful the last time, be banned from the single chart?

The general rule is that every song that has been released before the album release will be allowed to chart after the release without limitations. That would also count for re-releases, no song that previously charted will be banned later on. In addition to the older songs, a new Focus track can be determined on the day of the album release. This song will also count as a single and thus be able to chart. All other songs from that album will be banned for 2 weeks. It's an interesting question if regular album tracks of a re-release will be banned for 2 weeks or not because technically it's no new album. Either way, old singles will never be banned.

What happens though is that labels do not determine said focus tracks. Last week, for example, there were no focus tracks set for Apache and Kanye West. "Doch in der Nacht" would have entered the Top 10. The only other case were no focus track was announced was Dardans album release with "Genauso" missing two weeks inside the Top 20 because of not beeing a focus track.

In general, I really like this new rule (the rule counts since the beginning of August btw). It's really a better rule than UK and Austria have with only the Top 3 songs of each artist beeing able to chart imo.

Originally posted by davidbisbal View Post

Probably also a good question... Did they change the period in counting sales and streams to release the chart earlier???

What about the period of the year-end chart 2019? Last year they released the chart at the beginning of December. Will they continue it this year too?
                                                  The Year-End chart will probably released in early december again. Of course we don't know for sure, but I don't think they will revert last years change.

Comment

• Offizielle Charts releases a countdown of the 10s most successful albums and singles with one exposure per day. Now my question: Does that list go by sales, by revenue or chart points? I'm asking because No. 49 (Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die') received 4x platinum this year, No. 47 ('Die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder') 'only' 3x platinum - same year...
                                                    (Maren Morris)

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/offizielle....72869706105334

" Best of Helene Fischer " , 350 Weeks ---> Record !

1247 Weeks albums Offizielle Deutsche Charts for Helene Fischer ----> Record !

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickael2013 View Post
                                                        https://www.facebook.com/offizielle....72869706105334

" Best of Helene Fischer " , 350 Weeks ---> Record !

1247 Weeks albums Offizielle Deutsche Charts for Helene Fischer ----> Record !
                                                        The German album charts appear weekly since the end of the 1970ies. If you also take the time before (since 1962) and count a monthly chart as 4 weeks, then James Last and The Beatles have many more weeks in their history (also Queen and Peter Maffay)

www.chart-history.net

Comment

• Originally posted by vdoerken View Post
                                                          The German album charts appear weekly since the end of the 1970ies. If you also take the time before (since 1962) and count a monthly chart as 4 weeks, then James Last and The Beatles have many more weeks in their history (also Queen and Peter Maffay)
                                                          This is correct. James Last collected 1960 weeks in the Top 40 (I only make statistics for the Top 40).

Comment

• Either way, Helene Fischer finally broke that record of most weeks on the chart with an album, initially set by Andrea Berg, which is very impressive!
                                                            (Maren Morris)

Comment

Either way, Helene Fischer finally broke that record of most weeks on the chart with an album, initially set by Andrea Berg, which is very impressive!
                                                              That's right for the Top 100 Era. In the Top 40 / Top 50 Era there were some albums between 200 and 300 weeks, unfortunatley we will never know how much weeks they would have collect in a Top 100.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X