Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Charts Thread 2019: weekly Charts, sales, infos, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Offizielle Charts releases a countdown of the 10s most successful albums and singles with one exposure per day. Now my question: Does that list go by sales, by revenue or chart points? I'm asking because No. 49 (Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die') received 4x platinum this year, No. 47 ('Die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder') 'only' 3x platinum - same year...
    It goes by revenue. Someone asked that question in the beginning of the countdown and the official charts account answered.

Comment

• Last edited by conan17; Tue November 26th, 2019, 05:54.

Comment

• [MENTION=28820]Charter2000[/MENTION]: Thanks for replying!
        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
        and everything you stand for?
        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• At present, it looks like Capital Bra will have his 19th German No.1 Single this Week.
          It is called 'Der Bratan bleibt der Gleiche' which Google Translate says means 'The
          Bratan Remains The Same', in English. I think that it must be about the Bratan area
          of the Island of Bali. It is a Volcanic area, with 3 Lakes. That's if he means the same
          Bratan.

It is his 11th German No.1 Single of 2019, and he had 8 in 2018. I don't think that anyone
          has had 11 or 8 German No.1 Singles, inside a Calendar Year, before. He seems to just stroll
          to No.1. However, he does not stay there for very long and his 19 No.1 Singles have only been
          at No.1 for 26 Weeks. Which puts him about 8th, in the Artists with the most Weeks at No.1, in
          the German Singles Chart. (If he is at No.1 this Week, it will be his 15th No.1 Week in 2019).

Then we have another German Male 'Rapper', called Samra. He only started having No.1 Singles,
          in Germany, last Year - in November. By October, of this Year, he had his 9th German No.1 Single.
          That's 9 No.1's in 11 Months. I see that he was only alone on 2 of them. Capital Bra joined him on
          the other 7.

There are around 66.5 Million people in the UK, and most have never even heard of Capital Bra, or
          Samra. Nor will most ever hear of them, in the future. I can safely say that never, ever, will either
          Capital Bra or Samra, have any Hits here. (Or Air Play). I regard Helene Fischer as being far, far
          more talented than either of the 2 'Rappers', and if Helene has never made it big, (or even small),
          in the UK, I see no reason why the 2 'Rappers' should have any attention here. (Of course, I've just
          given them some UK attention, by adding this Post!).

Zeus555
          Last edited by zeus555; Thu December 5th, 2019, 22:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
            There are around 66.5 Million people in the UK, and most have never even heard of Capital Bra, or
            Samra. Zeus555
            Many of the 82 million Germans don't know them or their music either. Their songs are not widely known at all, they are just streamed day and night by their fans.
            My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I think that it must be about the Bratan area
              of the Island of Bali. It is a Volcanic area, with 3 Lakes. That's if he means the same
              Bratan.

Zeus555
              Bra is the short version of Bratan. It is a slang word for brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by conan17 View Post
                Bra is the short version of Bratan. It is a slang word for brother.
                i wanted to say the same haha

Comment

• Who had Christmas # 1 single in the previous year ? Capital Bra or Ava Max ?
                  My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                  In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                    Who had Christmas # 1 single in the previous year ? Capital Bra or Ava Max ?
                    chart dated on 21st of december was ava max and 28th was benzema...so i think ava max count as xmas no1 ( as uk's christmas no1 officially was ladbaby and chart was dated on 21st)
                    Last edited by earache; Sat December 7th, 2019, 09:31.

Comment

Samra. Nor will most ever hear of them, in the future. I can safely say that never, ever, will either
                      Capital Bra or Samra, have any Hits here. (Or Air Play). I regard Helene Fischer as being far, far
                      more talented than either of the 2 'Rappers', and if Helene has never made it big, (or even small),
                      in the UK, I see no reason why the 2 'Rappers' should have any attention here. (Of course, I've just
                      given them some UK attention, by adding this Post!).
                      Zeus555
                      I don't really get your post, of course they will never have any success in the UK or any other country besides countries with german as a main language. But that has nothing to do with the quality of the tracks or the genre. Songs in german language will have no success in foreign markets either way.

Comment

• Same procedure as last year: The official YEC is already out at the beginning of december (released last friday):

Year-End-Chart Singles 2019

01 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road
                        02 Tones and I - Dance Monkey
                        03 Apache 207 - Roller
                        04 Juju - Vermissen (feat. Henning May)
                        05 Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
                        06 Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
                        07 Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
                        08 Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
                        09 Capital Bra & Samra - Tilidin
                        10 Samra & Capital Bra - Wieder Lila
                        11 Daddy Yankee - Con Calma (feat. Snow)
                        12 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
                        13 Meduza - Piece Of Your Heart
                        14 Capital Bra, Samra & Lea - 110
                        15 Sarah Connor - Vincent
                        16 Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
                        17 Bonez MC & Raf Camora - 500 PS
                        18 Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
                        19 Dynoro - In My Mind
                        20 Rammstein - Deutschland
                        21 Capital Bra - Cherry Lady
                        22 Apache 207 - 200 km/h
                        23 Capital Bra - Benzema
                        24 Capital Bra - Prinzessa
                        25 Ed Sheeran - Beautiful People (feat. Khalid)
                        26 Bausa - Mary
                        27 Robin Schulz - Speechless (feat. Erika Sirola)
                        28 Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
                        29 Mero - Wolke 10
                        30 DJ Snake - Loco Contigo (feat. Tyga)
                        31 Sido - Tausend Tattoos
                        32 Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
                        33 Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant
                        34 Loredana - Eiskalt (feat. Mozzik)
                        35 Mero - Baller los
                        36 Avicii - SOS (feat. Aloe Blacc)
                        37 Shirin David - Gib Ihm
                        38 C ARMA - Yapma
                        39 Post Malone - Wow.
                        40 Loredana - Jetzt rufst du an
                        41 Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
                        42 KC Rebell - DNA (feat. Summer Cem & Capital Bra)
                        43 Apache 207 - Wieso tust Du dir das an?
                        44 Summer Cem - Diamonds (feat. Capital Bra)
                        45 Dardan - Coco Mama
                        46 VIZE - Stars (feat. Laniia)
                        47 Mero - Hobby Hobby
                        48 YouNotUs, Janieck & Senex - Narcotic
                        49 Halsey - Without Me
                        50 Capital Bra - Rolex (feat. Summer Cem & KC Rebell)
                        51 Jonas Brothers - Sucker
                        52 Sido & Apache 207 - 2002
                        53 Shindy - Nautilus
                        54 Shindy - Affalterbach
                        55 Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
                        56 Capital Bra - Wir ticken
                        57 KitschKrieg - Standard (feat. Trettmann, Gringo, Ufo361 & Gzuz)
                        58 Kygo - Higher Love
                        59 OneRepublic - Rescue Me
                        60 Loredana - Kein Plan (feat. Mero)
                        61 Alle Farben & Ilira - Fading
                        62 Shindy - Dodi
                        63 Mark Ronson - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (feat. Miley Cyrus)
                        64 Tim Bendzko - Hoch
                        65 LUM!X & Gabry Ponte - Monster
                        66 Dean Lewis - Be Alright
                        67 R3HAB - All Around The World (La La La)
                        68 The Prince Karma - Later Bitches
                        69 Loud Luxury - Body (feat. brando)
                        70 Shirin David - On Off (feat. Maître Gims)
                        71 Eno - Ferrari (feat. Mero)
                        72 Luciano - La Haine
                        73 Samra - Huracan
                        74 Regard - Ride It
                        75 Eno - Blackberry Sky
                        76 Robin Schulz - All This Love (feat. Harloe)
                        77 The Cratez & Bonez MC - Honda Civic
                        78 Gaullin - Moonlight
                        79 Lena - Better
                        80 Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
                        81 Capital Bra & Samra - Zombie
                        82 Kerstin Ott & Helene Fischer - Regenbogenfarben
                        83 Dominic Fike - 3 Nights
                        84 DJ Snake - Taki Taki (feat. Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi B)
                        85 Fero47 - JAJA
                        86 Post Malone - Circles
                        87 Samra - Harami
                        88 Rin & Bausa - Keine Liebe
                        89 Loredana - Genick
                        90 Post Malone - Goodbyes (feat. Young Thug)
                        91 SDP - Viva la Dealer (feat. Capital Bra)
                        92 Summer Cem - Summer Cem (feat. Luciano)
                        93 Apache 207 - Kein Problem
                        94 KC Rebell - Alleen
                        95 Martin Garrix - Summer Days (feat. Macklemore & Patrick Stump Of Fall Out Boy)
                        96 Ava Max - So Am I
                        97 Kontra K - Blei (feat. Veysel)
                        98 Capital Bra & Samra - Nummer 1
                        99 Ufo361 - Shot (feat. Data Luv)
                        100 The Chainsmokers - Takeaway

Comment

• Well, that's not exactly true. Recently there have been multiple releases of rappers from other countries singing/rapping in their own language, and having guest parts by rappers from other countries in their language. I've seen that in France, Germany and Italy already, and they all charted...

Comment

• Charter2000 - When I said that Capital Bra and Samra would never have any success in the
                            UK, I was pointing out the obvious - I know. However, my point was that both Acts have been
                            huge in Germany, and it is ironic that they are virtually unknown elsewhere - except for Austria
                            and Switzerland, that is. As to the quality of the Music of Capital Bra and Samra - I know that
                            their Fans will think that they make fantastic 'Songs', but their success is more like a 'Cult' than
                            the success that Acts such as The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Queen and ABBA had in Germany, as
                            those Acts also had Global success. That is not the same as only being big in 2 or 3 Countries,
                            which is the limit of any success that Capital Bra and Samra will ever have. Even if both Acts
                            sang in English, their 'Music' is not good enough to sell across the World. I've watched Videos
                            of both Acts, and they really are not very impressive, at all.

However, to be fair, most German Acts do not sell well outside of German speaking Countries. Not
                            even Freddy Quinn, who had 10 German No.1 Singles, 23 Top 10 Hits and 275 Weeks in the German
                            Top 10. Outside of Germany he is almost totally unknown. I guess that he may have been known in
                            Austria and Switzerland, but their Singles Charts only began in February 1965, (Austria), & January
                            1968, (Switzerland). Freddy began having Hits, in Germany, in August 1956...

We have so many 'Rappers', in the English Speaking World, that we don't need to import any
                            from elsewhere...

Zeus555
                            Last edited by zeus555; Mon December 9th, 2019, 14:47.

Comment

• "In My Mind" at 19 surprises me.

Comment

• Originally posted by enJ0Yable View Post
                                Well, that's not exactly true. Recently there have been multiple releases of rappers from other countries singing/rapping in their own language, and having guest parts by rappers from other countries in their language. I've seen that in France, Germany and Italy already, and they all charted...
                                German rappers sometimes have guest parts by rappers from other countries but all those songs are only charting in Germany because rap is so big here plus most of the time it's the german artist as the lead artist. Maybe I'm wrong but i haven't seen any track charting in a foreign country with a german rap artist featured.

Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                                Charter2000 - When I said that Capital Bra and Samra would never have any success in the
                                UK, I was pointing out the obvious - I know. However, my point was that both Acts have been
                                huge in Germany, and it is ironic that they are virtually unknown elsewhere - except for Austria
                                and Switzerland, that is. As to the quality of the Music of Capital Bra and Samra - I know that
                                their Fans will think that they make fantastic 'Songs', but their success is more like a 'Cult' than
                                the success that Acts such as The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Queen and ABBA had in Germany, as
                                those Acts also had Global success. That is not the same as only being big in 2 or 3 Countries,
                                which is the limit of any success that Capital Bra and Samra will ever have. Even if both Acts
                                sang in English, their 'Music' is not good enough to sell across the World. I've watched Videos
                                of both Acts, and they really are not very impressive, at all.
                                You are absolutely right, it's really nothing special and, if you ask me, it sucks that somebody like Capital has 19 #1 hits on his hands when most of the tracks are boring and generic. Tbh I listened to some of these singles quite a few times like "Tilidin", a track that spent 16 weeks inside the Top 20 or "110" which spent it's first 11 weeks inside the Top 10 until now. On the other hand, tracks like his current one are nothing special and this one will drop quite fast I'm sure. The track is already down to #7 on Spotify 1 1/2 weeks after the release.

I'm pretty sure some people here will ask why I listen to german rap tracks at all. I absolutely know that the lyrics are garbage most of the time but it's still more fun to listen to that stuff than listening to other german music. In my opinion, most german tracks right now are boring and speaking of german rap, we at least get a bunch of new releases every week It's no surprise there are only 3 german language non-rap tracks inside the Top 50 right now.

I can soothe you that (I hope) nobody here thinks that Capital is on the same level like the Beatles, Queen etc regarding their music.

Comment

• 10s most successful albums (by revenue) in Germany:
                                  1. Helene Fischer - Farbenspiel
                                  2. Unheilig - Große Freiheit
                                  3. Helene Fischer - Weihnachten
                                  4. Adele - 21
                                  5. Helene Fischer - Best Of
                                  6. Adele - 25
                                  7. Helene Fischer - Helene Fischer
                                  8. Udo Lindenberg - MTV Unplugged
                                  9. Die Toten Hosen - Ballast der Republik

10. Sarah Connor - Muttersprache
                                  11. Ed Sheeran - Divide
                                  12. Unheilig - Lichter der Stadt
                                  13. Santiano - Bis ans Ende der Welt
                                  14. Andrea Berg - Abenteuer
                                  15. AC/DC- Rock or Bust

16. Santiano - Mit den Gezeiten
                                  17. Rammstein - Rammstein
                                  18. Ed Sheeran - X

19. Michael Bublé - Christmas
                                  20. Helene Fischer - Für einen Tag
                                  21. Udo Lindenberg - Stärker als die Zeit
                                  22. Rammstein - Made in Germany
                                  23. Cro - Raop

24. Peter Maffay - Tattoos
                                  25. Andrea Berg - Schwerelos
                                  26. Santiano - Von Liebe, Tod und Freiheit

27. Robbie Williams - Swings Both Ways
                                  28. Andreas Bourani - Hey
                                  29. Andrea Berg - Atlantis
                                  30. Herbert Grönemeyer - Dauernd jetzt
                                  31. Andrea Berg - Seelenbeben

32. ZAZ - ZAZ
                                  33. Xavier Naidoo - Danke für's Zuhören
                                  34. Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct
                                  35. Die Toten Hosen - Laune der Natur
                                  36. Andreas Gabalier - Home Sweet Home
                                  37. Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
                                  38. Pink Floyd - The Endless River
                                  39. David Garrett - Rock Symphonies
                                  40. P!nk - The Truth About Love
                                  41. Sing meinen Song
                                  42. AC/DC - Live At River Plate
                                  43. Herbert Grönemeyer - Schiffsverkehr
                                  44. Unheilig - Gipfelstürmer

45. Kelly Family - We Got Love
                                  46. Volbeat - Beyond Heaven/Above Hell
                                  47. Sommerland et al. - Die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder
                                  48. Lady Gaga - The Fame
                                  49. Lana del Rey - Born To Die
                                  50. Tim Bendzko - Wenn Worte meine Sprache wären

Acts with multiple entries on the list

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                    10s most successful albums (by revenue) in Germany:
                                    1. Helene Fischer - Farbenspiel
                                    2. Unheilig - Große Freiheit
                                    3. Helene Fischer - Weihnachten
                                    4. Adele - 21
                                    5. Helene Fischer - Best Of
                                    6. Adele - 25
                                    7. Helene Fischer - Helene Fischer
                                    8. Udo Lindenberg - MTV Unplugged
                                    9. Die Toten Hosen - Ballast der Republik

10. Sarah Connor - Muttersprache
                                    11. Ed Sheeran - Divide
                                    12. Unheilig - Lichter der Stadt
                                    13. Santiano - Bis ans Ende der Welt
                                    14. Andrea Berg - Abenteuer
                                    15. AC/DC- Rock or Bust

16. Santiano - Mit den Gezeiten
                                    17. Rammstein - Rammstein
                                    18. Ed Sheeran - X

19. Michael Bublé - Christmas
                                    20. Helene Fischer - Für einen Tag
                                    21. Udo Lindenberg - Stärker als die Zeit
                                    22. Rammstein - Made in Germany
                                    23. Cro - Raop

24. Peter Maffay - Tattoos
                                    25. Andrea Berg - Schwerelos
                                    26. Santiano - Von Liebe, Tod und Freiheit

27. Robbie Williams - Swings Both Ways
                                    28. Andreas Bourani - Hey
                                    29. Andrea Berg - Atlantis
                                    30. Herbert Grönemeyer - Dauernd jetzt
                                    31. Andrea Berg - Seelenbeben

32. ZAZ - ZAZ
                                    33. Xavier Naidoo - Danke für's Zuhören
                                    34. Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct
                                    35. Die Toten Hosen - Laune der Natur
                                    36. Andreas Gabalier - Home Sweet Home
                                    37. Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
                                    38. Pink Floyd - The Endless River
                                    39. David Garrett - Rock Symphonies
                                    40. P!nk - The Truth About Love
                                    41. Sing meinen Song
                                    42. AC/DC - Live At River Plate
                                    43. Herbert Grönemeyer - Schiffsverkehr
                                    44. Unheilig - Gipfelstürmer

45. Kelly Family - We Got Love
                                    46. Volbeat - Beyond Heaven/Above Hell
                                    47. Sommerland et al. - Die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder
                                    48. Lady Gaga - The Fame
                                    49. Lana del Rey - Born To Die
                                    50. Tim Bendzko - Wenn Worte meine Sprache wären

Acts with multiple entries on the list
                                    Can you post the source link please? Thanks.

Comment

• source ;)

Comment

• Is there no German Charts Thread for 2020 anymore?
                                        Life tastes better with music

Comment

• conan17
                                          conan17 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Seems like nobody cares about the german charts anymore
                                      Working...
                                      X