No announcement yet.

The Official ... Book Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought the official Singles charts: The Noughties and is missing the alphabetical order and a chapter focus on the best selling singles of each year from 2000 to 2009. If there's a book from OCC you expect more than that and not trust in Wikipedia with fake information.
    Buy The Official Singles Chart - The Noughties by Graham Betts (ISBN: 9781790556663) from Amazon's Book Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.

Comment

• None of the books feature a listing of the best selling albums of the period in question.

The books do what they are supposed to do which is list only the weekly charts or a listing of the peak that record reached together with the weeks on chart organised by artists.

It can be difficult to accurately have a list of the best sellers for a particular year. Billboard did theirs by points and ran 1st December to 31st November so they could meet a publishing deadline. Frequently the best sellers of the year on the UK up until the last twenty years ran from January to mid December again for publishing reasons. It’s o my really been the rise of computers and the internet (mid 1990’ Onwards that has lead to the best sellers of the year being produced for the full year.
      http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
      Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• As to your first comment, none of the weekly chart books feature a listing by alphabetical order of the records listed. That’s in the Hits books.
        Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• I was literally on cloud number 9 when I found out about these books and had to buy the ALBUMS ones straight away, something I was waiting for since forever.

When I will have enough time in my hands, I think I'm going to collect all the missing positions which were not considered "officially" (that is positions 76 and lower).

As you contributed in this collection, I want to thank you too kingofskiffle
          50:иgѕ w/e February 16 - no time to die for

LAST.FM

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleArsonist View Post
            As you contributed in this collection, I want to thank you too kingofskiffle
            Thank you. All I did was answer a few points where there is confusion over some areas but really happy to support this as it is wonderful the OCC are giving chart fans books again. It's 10 years since the last chart collection and Graham has worked really hard on getting these right and wants them to be perfect.

Comment

• Lonnie is being a little bit too modest - his help and assistance have ensured the books are as accurate as they possibly can be, thanks to his checking the manuscripts before they go live.

Comment

• Any news on when the 10s books will be out.

Comment

Working...
                X