US Billboard Charts (17/08/2019)-The Future of this Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguelito View Post
    Probably. I was unable to find any official announcement from Billboard. Why should they bother with something as trivial as helpful information?

The Catalog chart was mostly irrelevant since 2017-02-11, the date that Catalog Sales was launched and Catalog used the same multi-metric formula used by the Billboard 200. The top 50 catalog albums by that metric are always on the BB200 anyway in the same order. I guess the Catalog chart had some value in actually identifying what is in catalog status and what is not (among the top 50 anyway) - yes I know Billboard has rules for that, but there are exceptions that are not always clear (album has a current song OR album is in the top X on some other genre specific chart) and they have also been inconsistent in applying those rules at times. Clearly there is still the concept of a catalog album or we would not have Catalog Sales as well as two genre-specific, sales-only top 25 catalog charts (Country, R&B/Hip-Hop). Catalog Sales can help ID some catalog albums, but only if they qualify - it's no help for hip-hop albums selling 10 copies a week - at least not until 10 copies is enough to place in the top 50.

What really raises my hackles about the way this was done was the REMOVAL of the Catalog chart from the archives. Remember Syme in Orwell's 1984? He started making circumspect comments against the government, then he was less than circumspect, and then one day... he wasn't, and never was. This reminds me of 1984 exactly. Keep the chart in the archive with no charts after a certain date? Nah - it just never was. Same for some other dearly departed charts, most notably to me the old Comprehensive Albums chart from 2003-2009.

It is worth pointing out that Catalog Sales archive does go all the way back to 1991-05-25, the beginning of the Catalog chart (this was a sales-only chart until 2017-02-04). So all that is really missing is the last two and a half years. I still think that, if Billboard has indeed done away with Catalog albums chart, they have done so in as ham-fisted a manner as is possible.

Regards,
    Miguelito
    Since the Catalog chart after 2017-02-04, worked on the same basis as the BB200, it was full of albums being at no.1 and then exiting the next week. This has been particularly prevalent this year with Queen's Greatest Hits and Queen's Platinum Collection swapping places at no.1 frequently, and the other one vanishing off the charts due to the allocation of all streaming points to the biggest seller. Also since soundtracks (unless the tracks were specially recorded for the album) not receiving the streaming sales, they were undervalued (e.g. Guardians of the Galaxy in the Catalog Sales chart at no.1(!), but not appearing in the Catalog chart). I can therefore understand why they would stop it as the chart is thus a bit nonsensical, but Billboard should have informed people that this would be the case. We can of course extrapolate the Catalog chart from the BB200, but it will be a pain having to do so.....
    Removing it completely from the archives is also a bit off.
    It's a shame about the Comprehensive chart too (BB200 + catalog over the time period that catalog was excluded from the BB200). It does make you wonder what subscribers pay for.. Lets hope they don't change the name of the Hot100 or BB200 anytime soon at this rate! Is there an archive of the Comprehensive Chart anywhere (e.g. on UKMIX?).

Comment

I have the Comprehensive Chart archive so can post those if required. Would be a separate thread. It ran 2003-2009 if I remember correctly and is a Top 200.
      http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
      Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

I see that peak positions are wrong in many places which were generated by my app. I did not expect such a quick adoption of a rather raw tool which I did not properly test. So it now puts pressure on me to fix the issues as quick as possible, but as you might imagine I would have more free time on the weekend than during the week, so apologies for making you wait.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofskiffle View Post
          I have the Comprehensive Chart archive so can post those if required. Would be a separate thread. It ran 2003-2009 if I remember correctly and is a Top 200.
          Oh, yes! Please!
          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

Yes, please post the Comprehensive Chart.

I think Hanboo did a breakdown a long long time ago somewhere but I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by xsergan View Post
              I see that peak positions are wrong in many places which were generated by my app. I did not expect such a quick adoption of a rather raw tool which I did not properly test. So it now puts pressure on me to fix the issues as quick as possible, but as you might imagine I would have more free time on the weekend than during the week, so apologies for making you wait.
              Honestly, there's no pressure on you at all. Especially as its peak positions that are a problem. I only recently added that column anyway. I think everybody is just pleased to have a readable chart without being smothered with adverts.
              Keep the fire burning like the first time feeling

Comment

Originally posted by kingofskiffle View Post
                Thank you I would certainly be interested in such a thread when you have time. Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you for creating the app in the first place. It has kept this thread alive.

Comment

Thank you for producing the tool it’s wonderful! It’s a really good tool that does a wonderful job.
                    http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
                    Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• Thanks Miguelito for your interesting comments.
                      You would think Billboard would make an announcement to explain their decision.
                      Is the Catalog chart still compiled?
                      Is it published elsewhere?

Comment

• On the business site, there is a drop down of all the available charts. 'Catalog album sales' is listed in the drop down. 'Catalog albums' is not - it was likely discontinued

Comment

• Guessing this is mainstream top 40

POP SONGS
                          The week of August 17, 2019
                          TW LW 2W WOC Title Artist ( Peak ) Imprint | label
                          1 2 2 17 Bad Guy - Billie Eilish ( 1 ) Darkroom
                          2 1 1 14 I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber ( 1 ) Atlantic, SchoolBoy, Raymond Braun
                          3 3 3 22 Talk - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                          4 5 8 8 Senorita - Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello ( 4 ) Island, SYCO
                          5 4 4 15 If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes ( 4 ) Island
                          6 7 7 11 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 6 ) Nice Life
                          7 6 5 24 Sucker - Jonas Brothers ( 1 ) Republic
                          8 8 6 23 Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco ( 6 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                          9 9 9 9 You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift ( 9 ) Republic
                          10 10 13 6 Goodbyes - Post Malone Featuring Young Thug ( 10 ) Republic
                          11 11 10 30 Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith & Normani ( 2 ) Capitol
                          12 13 15 12 Easier - 5 Seconds Of Summer ( 12 ) 5 Seconds Of Summer
                          13 15 16 8 Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi ( 13 ) Vertigo
                          14 17 18 6 Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran Featuring Khalid ( 14 ) Atlantic, Right Hand
                          15 18 19 6 Only Human - Jonas Brothers ( 15 ) Republic
                          16 16 14 20 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 3 ) Columbia
                          17 12 11 11 Never Really Over - Katy Perry ( 11 ) Capitol
                          18 32 -- 2 Boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House ( 18 ) Silent, SRV
                          19 19 17 14 Speechless - Dan + Shay ( 17 ) Warner Music Nashville
                          20 20 21 10 Call You Mine - The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha ( 20 ) Disruptor
                          21 24 33 3 How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith ( 21 ) Capitol
                          22 21 22 14 Love Me Less - MAX & Quinn XCII ( 21 ) Colour Vision
                          23 25 27 10 Trampoline - SHAED ( 23 ) Photo Finish
                          24 23 26 5 The Git Up - Blanco Brown ( 23 ) BMG, TrailerTrapMusic
                          25 22 23 11 Just Us - DJ Khaled Featuring SZA ( 20 ) We The Best
                          26 26 31 5 Hate Me - Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD ( 26 ) Polydor
                          27 29 30 7 Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus ( 27 ) RCA
                          28 37 -- 2 Time - NF ( 28 ) NF Real Music
                          29 34 36 4 All The Time - Zara Larsson ( 29 ) Record Company TEN
                          30 35 37 4 One Thing Right - Marshmello & Kane Brown ( 30 ) RCA Nashville, Joytime Collective
                          31 39 40 3 Panini - Lil Nas X ( 31 ) Columbia
                          32 40 -- 2 Rescue Me - OneRepublic ( 32 ) Mosley
                          33 28 24 19 Cool - Jonas Brothers ( 10 ) Republic
                          34 NEW 1 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 34 ) CBE
                          35 -- 39 2 With You - Kaskade & Meghan Trainor ( 35 ) Epic
                          36 27 20 19 La La Land - Bryce Vine Featuring YG ( 18 ) Sire
                          37 30 28 10 Find U Again - Mark Ronson Featuring Camila Cabello ( 25 ) RCA
                          38 NEW 1 Spicy - Herve Pagez & Diplo Featuring Charli XCX ( 38 ) Mad Decent
                          39 NEW 1 Who Do U Love? - MONSTA X & French Montana ( 39 ) Epic
                          40 -- 38 11 Look Back At It - A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ( 31 ) Highbridge The Label

Comment

• ADULT CONTEMPORARY
                            1 2 1 58 Girls Like You - Maroon 5 Featuring Cardi B ( 1 ) 222
                            2 1 2 33 You Say - Lauren Daigle ( 1 ) Centricity, 12Tone
                            3 3 4 24 Walk Me Home - P!nk ( 3 ) RCA
                            4 4 3 43 Shallow - Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper ( 2 ) Interscope
                            5 5 5 31 Be Alright - Dean Lewis ( 4 ) Island
                            6 6 7 27 Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith & Normani ( 6 ) Capitol
                            7 8 8 18 Sucker - Jonas Brothers ( 7 ) Republic
                            8 7 6 44 Love Someone - Lukas Graham ( 6 ) Warner
                            9 9 10 10 Speechless - Dan + Shay ( 9 ) Warner Music Nashville
                            10 10 9 35 High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco ( 8 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                            11 11 12 32 A Million Dreams - P!nk ( 11 ) Fox, 20th Century Fox
                            12 12 14 13 I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber ( 12 ) Atlantic, SchoolBoy, Raymond Braun
                            13 14 17 5 Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi ( 13 ) Vertigo
                            14 13 13 16 ME! - Taylor Swift Featuring Brendon Urie ( 6 ) Republic
                            15 16 16 14 If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes ( 15 ) Island
                            16 15 11 11 Crave - Madonna & Swae Lee ( 11 ) Live Nation
                            17 17 15 9 (I'm Gonna) Love Me Again - Elton John & Taron Egerton ( 15 ) Rocket, Paramount Pictures
                            18 20 19 9 Never Really Over - Katy Perry ( 18 ) Capitol
                            19 18 18 14 Sweet But Psycho - Ava Max ( 17 ) Atlantic
                            20 19 20 5 Senorita - Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello ( 19 ) Island, SYCO
                            21 21 21 4 Higher Love - Kygo X Whitney Houston ( 21 ) RCA
                            22 22 22 5 Forever Now - Michael Buble ( 22 ) Reprise
                            23 23 26 3 Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco ( 23 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                            24 24 25 8 As You Are - Daughtry ( 17 ) 19
                            25 NEW 1 Talk - Khalid ( 25 ) Right Hand
                            26 25 24 7 You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift ( 24 ) Republic
                            27 28 29 3 I Think We're Alone Now (Acoustic) - Tommy James ( 27 ) Aura
                            28 27 28 4 Smokey Mountain Rain - Ronnie Milsap Featuring Dolly Parton ( 27 ) G-Force
                            29 Re-Entry 13 99 Years - Josh Groban Duet With Jennifer Nettles ( 21 ) Reprise
                            30 30 30 3 Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran Featuring Khalid ( 30 ) Atlantic, Right Hand

Comment

• ADULT POP SONGS
                              1 1 1 14 I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber ( 1 ) Atlantic, SchoolBoy, Raymond Braun
                              2 2 2 24 Sucker - Jonas Brothers ( 1 ) Republic
                              3 3 3 26 Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco ( 3 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                              4 4 4 15 If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes ( 4 ) Island
                              5 5 6 28 Speechless - Dan + Shay ( 5 ) Warner Music Nashville
                              6 7 8 18 Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi ( 6 ) Vertigo
                              7 9 10 9 You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift ( 7 ) Republic
                              8 6 5 25 Walk Me Home - P!nk ( 1 ) RCA
                              9 8 9 30 Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith & Normani ( 1 ) Capitol
                              10 11 11 11 Never Really Over - Katy Perry ( 10 ) Capitol
                              11 12 12 7 Senorita - Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello ( 11 ) Island, SYCO
                              12 13 13 14 Talk - Khalid ( 12 ) Right Hand
                              13 14 14 13 Bad Guy - Billie Eilish ( 13 ) Darkroom
                              14 15 17 9 Rescue Me - OneRepublic ( 14 ) Mosley
                              15 16 18 6 Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran Featuring Khalid ( 15 ) Atlantic, Right Hand
                              16 22 29 3 Can We Pretend - P!nk Featuring Cash Cash ( 16 ) RCA
                              17 19 19 11 The Bones - Maren Morris ( 17 ) Columbia Nashville
                              18 25 33 3 How Do You Sleep? - Sam Smith ( 18 ) Capitol
                              19 17 16 16 ME! - Taylor Swift Featuring Brendon Urie ( 5 ) Republic
                              20 20 23 10 123456 - Fitz And The Tantrums ( 20 ) Elektra
                              21 24 27 4 Only Human - Jonas Brothers ( 21 ) Republic
                              22 21 22 12 Missing You - Ingrid Michaelson ( 21 ) Cabin 24
                              23 27 28 8 Miss Me More - Kelsea Ballerini ( 23 ) Black River
                              24 23 21 14 Made You Miss - Maddie Poppe ( 21 ) 19
                              25 26 24 16 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 16 ) Columbia
                              26 18 15 15 Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett ( 15 ) Valory
                              27 30 31 5 Hate Me - Ellie Goulding & Juice WRLD ( 27 ) Polydor
                              28 32 34 4 Miracle Pill - Goo Goo Dolls ( 28 ) Warner
                              29 34 32 4 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 29 ) Nice Life
                              30 31 30 11 God Only Knows - for KING & COUNTRY ( 28 ) Curb-Word
                              31 28 25 17 Cool - Jonas Brothers ( 17 ) Republic
                              32 33 36 3 Can't Help Me Now - Rob Thomas ( 32 ) Emblem
                              33 29 20 20 Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer ( 12 ) S-Curve
                              34 36 40 5 Come Tomorrow - Dave Matthews Band Featuring Brandi Carlile ( 34 ) Bama Rags
                              35 38 -- 2 3 Nights - Dominic Fike ( 35 ) Sandy Boys
                              36 NEW 1 Waves - Dean Lewis ( 36 ) Island
                              37 NEW 1 Hold You Down - X Ambassadors ( 37 ) KIDinaKORNER
                              38 37 38 5 Love Me Less - MAX & Quinn XCII ( 37 ) Colour Vision
                              39 39 -- 2 Goodbyes - Post Malone Featuring Young Thug ( 39 ) Republic
                              40 NEW 1 Boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House ( 40 ) Silent, SRV

Comment

• HOT ROCK SONGS
                                1 1 1 45 Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco ( 1 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                                2 2 2 64 High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco ( 1 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                                3 NEW 1 Sober - Tool ( 3 ) Zoo, Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                4 NEW 1 Fear Inoculum - Tool ( 4 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                5 NEW 1 Schism - Tool ( 5 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                6 NEW 1 Forty Six & 2 - Tool ( 6 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                7 NEW 1 Stinkfist - Tool ( 7 ) Zoo, Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                8 NEW 1 The Pot - Tool ( 8 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                9 NEW 1 AEnema - Tool ( 9 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                10 4 5 9 I Think I'm OKAY - Machine Gun Kelly X YUNGBLUD X Travis Barker ( 4 ) Bad Boy, EST19XX
                                11 NEW 1 Vicarious - Tool ( 11 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                12 6 4 5 BLOW - Ed Sheeran With Chris Stapleton & Bruno Mars ( 3 ) Atlantic
                                13 10 11 15 Under Your Scars - Godsmack ( 10 ) BMG
                                14 NEW 1 Parabola - Tool ( 14 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                15 12 10 18 Gloria - The Lumineers ( 7 ) Dualtone
                                16 13 13 26 Cringe - Matt Maeson ( 12 ) Neon Gold
                                17 NEW 1 Lateralus - Tool ( 17 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                18 NEW 1 Prison Sex - Tool ( 18 ) Zoo, Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                19 9 15 14 Alligator - Of Monsters And Men ( 9 ) Republic
                                20 14 12 19 Missed Connection - The Head And The Heart ( 11 ) Reprise
                                21 NEW 1 Jambi - Tool ( 21 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                22 NEW 1 Eulogy - Tool ( 22 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                23 18 16 13 Unsainted - Slipknot ( 4 ) Roadrunner
                                24 16 30 6 The Hype - twenty one pilots ( 15 ) Fueled By Ramen
                                25 21 23 8 Last Day Under The Sun - Volbeat ( 21 ) Vertigo
                                26 15 14 3 Solway Firth - Slipknot ( 14 ) Roadrunner
                                27 NEW 1 Summer Girl - HAIM ( 27 ) Columbia
                                28 20 25 6 Social Cues - Cage The Elephant ( 20 ) RCA
                                29 22 21 9 Go - The Black Keys ( 18 ) Nonesuch, Easy Eye Sound
                                30 45 -- 3 Legendary - Skillet ( 29 ) Hear It Loud
                                31 23 19 16 This Life - Vampire Weekend ( 11 ) Spring Snow
                                32 24 20 14 Joy - Bastille ( 12 ) Virgin
                                33 26 24 23 Breaking Down - I Prevail ( 24 ) Fearless
                                34 28 27 10 Why Did You Run? - Judah & The Lion ( 27 ) Cletus The Van
                                35 32 29 9 Miracle Man - Oliver Tree ( 22 ) Atlantic
                                36 27 37 5 Birds - Imagine Dragons Featuring Elisa ( 27 ) KIDinaKORNER
                                37 Re-Entry 3 Bags - Clairo ( 35 ) FADER Label
                                38 NEW 1 Sofia - Clairo ( 38 ) FADER Label
                                39 NEW 1 Cold - Korn ( 39 ) Roadrunner
                                40 Re-Entry 2 Outnumbered - Dermot Kennedy ( 40 ) Riggins
                                41 NEW 1 Birth Of The Cruel - Slipknot ( 41 ) Roadrunner
                                42 30 28 7 Prom Queen - Beach Bunny ( 28 ) Beach Bunny
                                43 29 26 18 Remember When - Bad Wolves ( 22 ) Eleven Seven
                                44 31 32 17 Borderline - Tame Impala ( 10 ) Modular
                                45 34 31 6 You'll Never Find Me - Korn ( 31 ) Elektra, Roadrunner
                                46 39 38 6 123456 - Fitz And The Tantrums ( 33 ) Elektra
                                47 NEW 1 Softly - Clairo ( 47 ) FADER Label
                                48 40 36 3 No More - Disturbed ( 36 ) Reprise
                                49 44 45 5 When Am I Gonna Lose You - Local Natives ( 39 ) Loma Vista
                                50 36 42 7 Lover, Leaver - Greta Van Fleet ( 32 ) Lava

Comment

• TOP ROCK ALBUMS
                                  1 NEW 1 AEnima - Tool ( 1 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                  2 NEW 1 Lateralus - Tool ( 2 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                  3 NEW 1 Victorious - Skillet ( 3 ) Atlantic, Hear It Loud
                                  4 Re-Entry 18 10,000 Days - Tool ( 1 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                  5 NEW 1 Undertow - Tool ( 5 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                  6 NEW 1 Rewind, Replay, Rebound - Volbeat ( 6 ) Vertigo
                                  7 2 1 42 Bohemian Rhapsody (Soundtrack) - Queen ( 1 ) Hollywood
                                  8 4 2 91 Diamonds - Elton John ( 1 ) Island, Rocket
                                  9 NEW 1 Immunity - Clairo ( 9 ) FADER Label
                                  10 5 -- 86 Greatest Hits - Queen ( 1 ) Hollywood
                                  11 6 4 59 Pray For The Wicked - Panic! At The Disco ( 1 ) Fueled By Ramen, DCD2
                                  12 NEW 1 Opiate (EP) - Tool ( 12 ) Volcano, Tool Dissectional
                                  13 7 6 133 Chronicle The 20 Greatest Hits - Creedence Clearwater Revival Featuring John Fogerty ( 5 ) Fantasy
                                  14 8 10 133 Journey's Greatest Hits - Journey ( 5 ) Columbia
                                  15 9 11 111 Evolve - Imagine Dragons ( 1 ) Interscope, KIDinaKORNER
                                  16 10 7 133 1 - The Beatles ( 4 ) Apple, Capitol
                                  17 11 12 82 The Essential Billy Joel - Billy Joel ( 8 ) Columbia
                                  18 13 9 124 Abbey Road - The Beatles ( 8 ) Apple, Capitol
                                  19 12 13 101 Greatest Hits - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers ( 1 ) MCA, Geffen
                                  20 14 14 127 Rumours - Fleetwood Mac ( 7 ) Warner Bros.
                                  21 15 15 120 Back In Black - AC/DC ( 15 ) Columbia
                                  22 16 16 123 Greatest Hits - Guns N' Roses ( 11 ) Geffen
                                  23 17 17 88 Greatest Hits - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band ( 13 ) Capitol, Hideout
                                  24 18 19 105 Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 - Eagles ( 8 ) Elektra, Asylum
                                  25 -- 20 69 All Time Greatest Hits - Lynyrd Skynyrd ( 12 ) MCA, Geffen
                                  26 21 23 246 Night Visions - Imagine Dragons ( 1 ) Interscope, KIDinaKORNER
                                  27 20 22 221 Blurryface - twenty one pilots ( 1 ) Fueled By Ramen
                                  28 19 24 122 Greatest Hits - Red Hot Chili Peppers ( 13 ) Warner
                                  29 22 21 44 Trench - twenty one pilots ( 1 ) Fueled By Ramen
                                  30 Re-Entry 34 The Very Best Of The Eagles - Eagles ( 15 ) Warner Strategic Marketing
                                  31 23 -- 10 The Essential Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley ( 22 ) RCA, Sony Strategic Marketing Group
                                  32 24 26 74 Hot Rocks 1964-1971 - The Rolling Stones ( 18 ) ABKCO
                                  33 25 28 39 Origins - Imagine Dragons ( 1 ) Interscope, KIDinaKORNER
                                  34 26 27 107 Mothership - Led Zeppelin ( 2 ) Atlantic, Swan Song
                                  35 27 29 88 A Decade Of Destruction - Five Finger Death Punch ( 2 ) Prospect Park
                                  36 35 34 36 The Beatles [White Album] - The Beatles ( 2 ) Apple, Capitol
                                  37 28 32 99 Nevermind - Nirvana ( 16 ) Geffen, DGC, Sub Pop
                                  38 33 36 32 Sublime - Sublime ( 21 ) MCA, Geffen, Gasoline Alley
                                  39 36 38 249 Born To Die - Lana Del Rey ( 1 ) Polydor, Interscope
                                  40 29 31 138 Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection - Bon Jovi ( 1 ) Island
                                  41 32 35 16 Honk - The Rolling Stones ( 3 ) Polydor, The Rolling Stones, Interscope, Promotone B.V.
                                  42 31 30 20 Greatest Hits - Motley Crue ( 22 ) Motley, Eleven Seven
                                  43 30 3 82 Greatest Hits I II & III: The Platinum Collection - Queen ( 1 ) Hollywood
                                  44 39 43 17 Greatest Hits 1974-78 - The Steve Miller Band ( 39 ) Capitol
                                  45 40 41 11 Aerosmith's Greatest Hits - Aerosmith ( 38 ) Columbia
                                  46 38 39 112 [Hybrid Theory] - Linkin Park ( 2 ) Warner
                                  47 46 45 133 Metallica - Metallica ( 8 ) Blackened
                                  48 43 49 49 Currents - Tame Impala ( 2 ) Interscope, Modular
                                  49 41 44 94 Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits - Simon & Garfunkel ( 14 ) Columbia
                                  50 42 46 21 Complete Clapton - Eric Clapton ( 5 ) Duck, Reprise

Comment

• HOT R&B/HIP-HOP SONGS
                                    1 1 1 23 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 1 ) Columbia
                                    2 2 3 14 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 2 ) Nice Life
                                    3 3 2 25 Talk - Khalid ( 2 ) Right Hand
                                    4 4 6 9 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 4 ) CBE
                                    5 5 4 5 Goodbyes - Post Malone Featuring Young Thug ( 2 ) Republic
                                    6 6 10 10 Ran$om - Lil Tecca ( 6 ) Galactic
                                    7 8 8 8 Money In The Grave - Drake Featuring Rick Ross ( 3 ) OVO Sound
                                    8 7 5 42 Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) - Post Malone & Swae Lee ( 1 ) Republic
                                    9 9 7 21 Suge - DaBaby ( 3 ) SouthCoast
                                    10 10 9 33 Wow. - Post Malone ( 1 ) Republic
                                    11 11 12 20 Pop Out - Polo G Featuring Lil Tjay ( 7 ) Columbia
                                    12 12 11 11 The London - Young Thug, J. Cole & Travis Scott ( 6 ) Atlantic, Young Stoner Life
                                    13 13 13 7 Panini - Lil Nas X ( 9 ) Columbia
                                    14 15 15 8 My Type - Saweetie ( 14 ) Artistry Worldwide, ICY
                                    15 14 14 18 Shotta Flow - NLE Choppa ( 14 ) No Love
                                    16 18 19 8 Cash Shit - Megan Thee Stallion Featuring DaBaby ( 16 ) 1501 Certified
                                    17 17 17 3 Baby - Lil Baby & DaBaby ( 17 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                    18 21 20 25 Worth It - YK Osiris ( 18 ) Def Jam
                                    19 19 18 20 Clout - Offset Featuring Cardi B ( 17 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                    20 22 21 14 Go Loko - YG, Tyga & Jon Z ( 16 ) CTE, 4Hunnid
                                    21 20 16 24 Act Up - City Girls ( 11 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                    22 NEW 1 Trust Issues - Drake ( 22 ) OVO Sound
                                    23 23 22 12 Just Us - DJ Khaled Featuring SZA ( 18 ) We The Best
                                    24 Re-Entry 2 How About Now - Drake ( 24 ) OVO Sound
                                    25 NEW 1 The Motion - Drake ( 25 ) OVO Sound
                                    26 26 23 10 Press - Cardi B ( 6 ) The KSR Group
                                    27 NEW 1 Dreams Money Can Buy - Drake ( 27 ) OVO Sound
                                    28 31 28 7 Lalala - Y2K & bbno$ ( 28 ) Y2K, BBNO
                                    29 16 -- 2 Gold Roses - Rick Ross Featuring Drake ( 16 ) Maybach, OVO Sound
                                    30 30 25 8 It's You - Ali Gatie ( 25 ) LI$N
                                    31 28 24 12 Earfquake - Tyler, The Creator ( 5 ) Columbia
                                    32 27 -- 3 Time - NF ( 27 ) NF Real Music
                                    33 24 -- 2 Hot Shower - Chance The Rapper Featuring MadeinTYO & DaBaby ( 24 ) Chance The Rapper
                                    34 Re-Entry 2 Right Back - Khalid ( 34 ) Right Hand
                                    35 43 42 5 Uno - Ambjaay ( 35 ) Columbia
                                    36 32 29 19 24/7 - Meek Mill Featuring Ella Mai ( 25 ) Maybach
                                    37 25 -- 2 Single Again - Big Sean ( 25 ) G.O.O.D.
                                    38 NEW 1 Club Paradise - Drake ( 38 ) OVO Sound
                                    39 40 36 3 Ballin' - Mustard Featuring Roddy Ricch ( 36 ) 10 Summers
                                    40 38 31 12 Tap - NAV Featuring Meek Mill ( 31 ) XO
                                    41 NEW 1 Days In The East - Drake ( 41 ) OVO Sound
                                    42 29 26 7 Rodeo - Lil Nas X & Cardi B ( 12 ) Columbia
                                    43 37 40 7 Daddy - Blueface & Rich The Kid ( 37 ) Cash Money
                                    44 35 30 16 Before I Let Go - Beyonce ( 24 ) Parkwood
                                    45 NEW 1 4PM In Calabasas - Drake ( 45 ) OVO Sound
                                    46 49 -- 2 Mac 10 - Trippie Redd Featuring Lil Baby & Lil Duke ( 46 ) TenThousand Projects
                                    47 44 37 17 Sanguine Paradise - Lil Uzi Vert ( 12 ) Generation Now
                                    48 NEW 1 Girls Love Beyonce - Drake Featuring James Fauntleroy ( 48 ) OVO Sound
                                    49 36 35 6 Baguettes In The Face - Mustard featuring NAV, Playboi Carti & A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ( 33 ) 10 Summers
                                    50 39 38 7 MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj ( 11 ) Cash Money, Young Money

Comment

• TOP R&B/HIP-HOP ALBUMS
                                      1 NEW 1 Care Package - Drake ( 1 ) OVO Sound
                                      2 NEW 1 Love Songs 4 The Streets 2 - Lil Durk ( 2 ) Interscope, Alamo
                                      3 3 4 6 Indigo - Chris Brown ( 1 ) CBE
                                      4 1 -- 2 The Search - NF ( 1 ) NF Real Music
                                      5 2 -- 2 The Big Day - Chance The Rapper ( 2 ) Chance The Rapper
                                      6 4 2 7 7 (EP) - Lil Nas X ( 1 ) Columbia
                                      7 7 5 18 Free Spirit - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                      8 6 3 5 Dreamville & J. Cole: Revenge Of The Dreamers III - Various Artists ( 1 ) Interscope, Dreamville
                                      9 9 6 67 beerbongs & bentleys - Post Malone ( 1 ) Republic
                                      10 11 9 58 Scorpion - Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Young Money
                                      11 10 8 23 Baby On Baby - DaBaby ( 3 ) Interscope, SouthCoast
                                      12 5 -- 2 Dum And Dummer - Key Glock & Young Dolph ( 5 ) Paper Route Empire
                                      13 13 10 34 Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse - Soundtrack ( 2 ) Republic
                                      14 16 13 53 ASTROWORLD - Travis Scott ( 1 ) Grand Hustle, Cactus Jack
                                      15 14 11 6 Perfect Ten - Mustard ( 5 ) Interscope, 10 Summers
                                      16 8 -- 2 The Lost Boy - YBN Cordae ( 8 ) Atlantic, Art@War
                                      17 15 12 9 Die A Legend - Polo G ( 2 ) Columbia
                                      18 17 14 33 Hoodie SZN - A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ( 1 ) Atlantic, Highbridge The Label
                                      19 18 15 139 Stoney - Post Malone ( 1 ) Republic
                                      20 23 20 127 American Teen - Khalid ( 3 ) Right Hand
                                      21 19 17 36 Championships - Meek Mill ( 1 ) Atlantic, Maybach
                                      22 20 19 70 Invasion Of Privacy - Cardi B ( 1 ) Atlantic, The KSR Group
                                      23 22 18 22 Death Race For Love - Juice WRLD ( 1 ) Interscope, Grade A
                                      24 24 21 64 Goodbye & Good Riddance - Juice WRLD ( 3 ) Interscope, Grade A
                                      25 21 16 12 Father Of Asahd - DJ Khaled ( 1 ) We The Best
                                      26 25 23 12 Fever - Megan Thee Stallion ( 6 ) 300, 1501 Certified
                                      27 12 1 3 The Lion King: The Gift (Soundtrack) - Beyonce & Various Artists ( 1 ) Parkwood
                                      28 27 28 114 Legend: The Best Of... - Bob Marley And The Wailers ( 22 ) Island, Tuff Gong
                                      29 30 24 73 ? - XXXTENTACION ( 1 ) Bad Vibes Forever
                                      30 28 26 44 Drip Harder - Lil Baby & Gunna ( 2 ) Motown, Quality Control, 300, Young Stoner Life
                                      31 34 30 189 Curtain Call: The Hits - Eminem ( 2 ) Interscope, Aftermath, Shady
                                      32 33 29 25 Victory Lap - Nipsey Hussle ( 1 ) Atlantic, All Money In No Money Out
                                      33 41 39 208 Take Care - Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Young Money
                                      34 39 34 24 Drip Or Drown 2 - Gunna ( 1 ) 300, Young Stoner Life
                                      35 42 41 167 Greatest Hits - 2Pac ( 1 ) Interscope, Death Row, Amaru
                                      36 38 36 170 Views - Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Young Money
                                      37 36 33 43 Ella Mai - Ella Mai ( 4 ) Interscope, 10 Summers
                                      38 37 32 33 I Am > I Was - 21 Savage ( 1 ) Slaughter Gang
                                      39 29 22 5 Hotel Diablo - Machine Gun Kelly ( 4 ) Interscope, Bad Boy, EST19XX
                                      40 40 35 121 DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar ( 1 ) Interscope, Aftermath, Top Dawg
                                      41 35 27 12 IGOR - Tyler, The Creator ( 1 ) Columbia
                                      42 43 38 101 Luv Is Rage 2 - Lil Uzi Vert ( 1 ) Atlantic, Generation Now
                                      43 Re-Entry 34 Swimming - Mac Miller ( 3 ) Warner
                                      44 45 42 45 Tha Carter V - Lil Wayne ( 1 ) Young Money
                                      45 44 44 75 Perception - NF ( 1 ) Capitol, NF Real Music
                                      46 48 46 115 More Life - Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Young Money
                                      47 46 40 20 Bad Habits - NAV ( 1 ) XO
                                      48 47 37 11 4REAL 4REAL - YG ( 5 ) CTE, 4Hunnid
                                      49 49 48 34 Dying To Live - Kodak Black ( 1 ) Atlantic, Dollaz N Dealz
                                      50 50 50 61 Harder Than Ever - Lil Baby ( 2 ) Motown, Quality Control

Comment

• R&B/HIP-HOP ALBUM SALES
                                        1 NEW 1 Care Package - Drake ( 1 ) OVO Sound
                                        2 1 -- 2 The Search - NF ( 1 ) NF Real Music
                                        3 NEW 1 Love Songs 4 The Streets 2 - Lil Durk ( 3 ) Interscope, Alamo
                                        4 3 5 18 Free Spirit - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                        5 6 3 8 Originals - Prince ( 1 ) Warner, NPG
                                        6 7 6 6 Indigo - Chris Brown ( 1 ) CBE
                                        7 4 35 6 Bandana - Freddie Gibbs & Madlib ( 3 ) Keep Cool
                                        8 10 7 10 Long Live Love - Kirk Franklin ( 1 ) RCA, RCA Inspiration, Fo Yo Soul
                                        9 2 -- 2 The Big Day - Chance The Rapper ( 2 ) Chance The Rapper
                                        10 13 8 127 American Teen - Khalid ( 2 ) Right Hand
                                        11 11 -- 2 1123 - BJ The Chicago Kid ( 11 ) Motown
                                        12 5 -- 2 Practice Makes Paper - E-40 ( 5 ) Heavy On The Grind
                                        13 18 12 67 beerbongs & bentleys - Post Malone ( 1 ) Republic
                                        14 19 14 41 Victory Lap - Nipsey Hussle ( 1 ) Atlantic, All Money In No Money Out
                                        15 26 20 49 Kamikaze - Eminem ( 1 ) Interscope, Aftermath, Shady
                                        16 17 11 34 Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse - Soundtrack ( 1 ) Republic
                                        17 NEW 1 Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw - Soundtrack ( 17 ) Back Lot
                                        18 22 16 53 Swimming - Mac Miller ( 2 ) Warner Bros.
                                        19 NEW 1 The Whiskey Never Dries - Moonshine Bandits ( 19 ) MSB Entertainment
                                        20 21 -- 6 When I Get Home - Solange ( 2 ) Saint
                                        21 Re-Entry 2 ZUU - Denzel Curry ( 8 ) Loma Vista, PH
                                        22 9 -- 2 The Lost Boy - YBN Cordae ( 9 ) Atlantic, Art@War
                                        23 28 19 12 Father Of Asahd - DJ Khaled ( 1 ) We The Best
                                        24 30 25 68 Invasion Of Privacy - Cardi B ( 1 ) Atlantic, The KSR Group
                                        25 49 34 58 Scorpion - Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Young Money
                                        26 NEW 1 Live On Ice - tobi lou ( 26 ) ARTclub
                                        27 33 28 28 Future Hndrxx Presents: The WIZRD - Future ( 1 ) Freebandz
                                        28 14 2 3 The Lion King: The Gift (Soundtrack) - Beyonce & Various Artists ( 2 ) Parkwood
                                        29 32 23 56 KIDS SEE GHOSTS - KIDS SEE GHOSTS ( 1 ) G.O.O.D.
                                        30 35 13 3 Tuxedo III - Tuxedo ( 13 ) Funk On Sight
                                        31 24 17 17 Ventura - Anderson .Paak ( 1 ) Aftermath
                                        32 25 15 5 Hotel Diablo - Machine Gun Kelly ( 2 ) Interscope, Bad Boy, EST19XX
                                        33 16 1 3 The Lost Tapes 2 - Nas ( 1 ) Mass Appeal
                                        34 38 27 43 Ella Mai - Ella Mai ( 1 ) Interscope, 10 Summers
                                        35 31 24 53 ASTROWORLD - Travis Scott ( 1 ) Grand Hustle, Cactus Jack
                                        36 44 32 121 DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar ( 1 ) Interscope, Aftermath, Top Dawg
                                        37 15 21 7 Acid Rap - Chance The Rapper ( 2 ) MTC
                                        38 41 30 58 ye - Kanye West ( 1 ) G.O.O.D.
                                        39 46 33 139 Stoney - Post Malone ( 6 ) Republic
                                        40 43 38 31 Championships - Meek Mill ( 1 ) Atlantic, Maybach
                                        41 40 18 5 Dreamville & J. Cole: Revenge Of The Dreamers III - Various Artists ( 1 ) Interscope, Dreamville
                                        42 27 -- 14 CrasH Talk - ScHoolboy Q ( 1 ) Interscope, Top Dawg
                                        43 Re-Entry 65 KOD - J. Cole ( 1 ) Interscope, Roc Nation, Dreamville
                                        44 39 9 4 K.R.I.T. IZ HERE - Big K.R.I.T. ( 1 ) Multi Alumni
                                        45 34 10 3 Baccend Beezy - Yella Beezy ( 10 ) HITCO
                                        46 48 45 23 60s Golden Memories - Various Artists ( 12 ) Stargrove
                                        47 42 42 7 7 (EP) - Lil Nas X ( 3 ) Columbia
                                        48 37 -- 2 Control: The Remixes - Janet Jackson ( 37 ) A&M
                                        49 -- 37 72 ? - XXXTENTACION ( 1 ) Bad Vibes Forever
                                        50 47 40 10 Only The Generals Gon Understand (EP) - Kevin Gates ( 2 ) Atlantic, Bread Winners' Association

Comment

• R&B/HIP-HOP CATALOG ALBUMS
                                          1 1 1 1166 Legend: The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers - Bob Marley And The Wailers ( 1 ) Island, Tuff Gong
                                          2 2 6 577 Greatest Hits - 2Pac ( 1 ) Interscope, Death Row, Amaru
                                          3 6 2 351 Back To Black - Amy Winehouse ( 1 ) Republic
                                          4 4 3 719 Thriller - Michael Jackson ( 1 ) Epic
                                          5 3 8 295 Best Of The Temptations-The 60's: 20th Century Masters... - The Temptations ( 2 ) Motown
                                          6 Re-Entry 64 Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - OutKast ( 2 ) RCA, LaFace
                                          7 10 5 450 Purple Rain (Soundtrack) - Prince And The Revolution ( 1 ) Warner Bros., NPG
                                          8 9 10 256 The Definitive Collection - Lionel Richie ( 1 ) Motown, UTV
                                          9 12 4 267 good kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar ( 1 ) Interscope, Aftermath, Top Dawg
                                          10 16 15 489 Curtain Call: The Hits - Eminem ( 1 ) Interscope, Aftermath, Shady
                                          11 13 9 171 The Best Of The Commodores: 20th Century Masters The Millennium Collection - Commodores ( 6 ) Motown
                                          12 19 17 532 The Essential Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson ( 1 ) Epic
                                          13 22 25 368 The Definitive Collection - Stevie Wonder ( 1 ) Motown, UTV
                                          14 21 13 30 24K Magic - Bruno Mars ( 6 ) Atlantic
                                          15 14 11 571 Licensed To Ill - Beastie Boys ( 1 ) Def Jam
                                          16 7 -- 7 The Velvet Rope - Janet ( 7 ) Virgin
                                          17 18 -- 5 Perception - NF ( 17 ) Capitol, NF Real Music
                                          18 8 -- 110 janet. - Janet Jackson ( 8 ) Virgin
                                          19 15 -- 8 Coconut Oil (EP) - Lizzo ( 8 ) Atlantic, Nice Life
                                          20 25 22 495 The Eminem Show - Eminem ( 1 ) Interscope, Web, Aftermath
                                          21 23 18 430 The Chronic - Dr. Dre ( 1 ) Death Row
                                          22 -- 19 446 Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis ( 1 ) Columbia
                                          23 11 -- 2 Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 - Janet Jackson ( 11 ) A&M
                                          24 -- 16 554 The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn Hill ( 2 ) Columbia, Ruffhouse
                                          25 Re-Entry 80 The Best Of Four Tops: 20th Century Masters The Millennium Collection - Four Tops ( 6 ) Motown

Comment

• R&B/HIP-HOP AIRPLAY
                                            1 1 1 18 Talk - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                            2 2 2 16 Suge - DaBaby ( 1 ) SouthCoast
                                            3 3 3 9 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 3 ) CBE
                                            4 4 4 24 24/7 - Meek Mill Featuring Ella Mai ( 3 ) Maybach
                                            5 5 7 10 The London - Young Thug, J. Cole & Travis Scott ( 5 ) Atlantic, Young Stoner Life
                                            6 6 8 8 Money In The Grave - Drake Featuring Rick Ross ( 6 ) OVO Sound
                                            7 10 11 11 Press - Cardi B ( 7 ) The KSR Group
                                            8 9 9 19 Clout - Offset Featuring Cardi B ( 8 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                            9 7 5 17 Before I Let Go - Beyonce ( 5 ) Parkwood
                                            10 11 12 15 Pop Out - Polo G Featuring Lil Tjay ( 10 ) Columbia
                                            11 8 6 25 Close Friends - Lil Baby ( 3 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                            12 14 21 6 Cash Shit - Megan Thee Stallion Featuring DaBaby ( 12 ) 1501 Certified
                                            13 12 16 7 My Type - Saweetie ( 12 ) Artistry Worldwide, ICY
                                            14 13 14 15 Worth It - YK Osiris ( 13 ) Def Jam
                                            15 18 25 6 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 15 ) Nice Life
                                            16 15 17 26 Girls Need Love - Summer Walker X Drake ( 6 ) Frozen Moments, LVRN
                                            17 17 13 16 Drogba (Joanna) - Afro B ( 13 ) Marathon Artists
                                            18 19 15 24 Envy Me - Calboy ( 8 ) Polo Grounds, Paper Gang
                                            19 20 19 20 That's What Love Can Do - Robin Thicke ( 19 ) Thicke
                                            20 16 10 21 Act Up - City Girls ( 3 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                            21 21 22 19 Commitment - Monica ( 21 ) MONDEENISE
                                            22 25 27 12 Enough - Fantasia ( 22 ) Rock Soul
                                            23 32 40 3 On Chill - Wale Featuring Jeremih ( 23 ) Maybach
                                            24 26 29 12 You Stay - DJ Khaled Featuring Meek Mill, J Balvin, Lil Baby & Jeremih ( 24 ) We The Best
                                            25 22 20 20 Bacc At It Again - Yella Beezy, Gucci Mane & Quavo ( 10 ) HITCO
                                            26 28 30 6 All Night Long - YFN Lucci Featuring Trey Songz ( 26 ) Think It's A Game
                                            27 31 34 5 BMO - Ari Lennox ( 27 ) Dreamville
                                            28 27 31 12 Make It Better - Anderson .Paak Featuring Smokey Robinson ( 27 ) Aftermath
                                            29 29 28 8 I Like Girls - PnB Rock Featuring Lil Skies ( 28 ) Atlantic
                                            30 33 36 4 Love Again - Brandy & Daniel Caesar ( 30 ) Golden Child, Brand Nu
                                            31 36 46 3 Baby Sitter - DaBaby Featuring Offset ( 31 ) SouthCoast
                                            32 37 37 13 Wish Wish - DJ Khaled Featuring Cardi B & 21 Savage ( 31 ) We The Best
                                            33 24 24 18 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 2 ) Columbia
                                            34 30 32 8 Something Keeps Calling - Raphael Saadiq Featuring Rob Bacon ( 30 ) Columbia
                                            35 NEW 1 Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion, Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign ( 35 ) 1501 Certified
                                            36 34 35 9 Go Loko - YG, Tyga & Jon Z ( 33 ) CTE, 4Hunnid
                                            37 23 23 13 Just Us - DJ Khaled Featuring SZA ( 16 ) We The Best
                                            38 38 41 7 Steady Love - India.Arie ( 38 ) SoulBird
                                            39 -- 43 2 Single Again - Big Sean ( 39 ) G.O.O.D.
                                            40 39 39 4 Broke Leg - Tory Lanez, Quavo & Tyga ( 39 ) Mad Love
                                            41 40 42 4 Swervin - A Boogie Wit da Hoodie Featuring 6ix9ine ( 40 ) Highbridge The Label
                                            42 41 47 5 Imported - Jessie Reyez & JMR Or 6LACK ( 41 ) Island, FMLY
                                            43 42 -- 2 Just Right - Raheem DeVaughn ( 42 ) SoNo
                                            44 35 26 8 One Missed Call - PJ ( 26 ) Atlantic
                                            45 45 -- 2 Away From You - Queen Naija ( 45 ) Queen Naija
                                            46 43 48 4 Cut Up - Blac Youngsta ( 43 ) CMG, Heavy Camp
                                            47 47 49 3 Triggered - Jhene Aiko ( 47 ) ARTclub, ARTium
                                            48 NEW 1 Ran$om - Lil Tecca ( 48 ) Galactic
                                            49 44 45 3 Shea Butter Baby - Ari Lennox & J. Cole ( 44 ) Eardrumma
                                            50 NEW 1 Pretty Bitches In The Trap - Summerella ( 50 ) Zone 4

Comment

• R&B/HIP-HOP RECURRENT AIRPLAY
                                              1 1 1 20 Trip - Ella Mai ( 1 ) 10 Summers
                                              2 2 3 8 Going Bad - Meek Mill Featuring Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Maybach, Young Money
                                              3 3 2 4 Big Ole Freak - Megan Thee Stallion ( 2 ) 1501 Certified
                                              4 4 -- 2 Please Me - Cardi B & Bruno Mars ( 4 ) Atlantic
                                              5 5 6 4 Look Back At It - A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ( 5 ) Highbridge The Label
                                              6 8 4 13 Drip Too Hard - Lil Baby & Gunna ( 1 ) Motown, Quality Control, Young Stoner Life
                                              7 7 7 5 A Lot - 21 Savage ( 4 ) Slaughter Gang
                                              8 -- 8 3 Love Theory - Kirk Franklin ( 8 ) RCA Inspiration, Fo Yo Soul
                                              9 10 9 6 Middle Child - J. Cole ( 4 ) Roc Nation, Dreamville
                                              10 6 5 23 Dangerous - Meek Mill Featuring Jeremih & PnB Rock ( 1 ) Maybach

Comment

• HOT R&B SONGS
                                                1 1 1 26 Talk - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                2 2 2 9 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 2 ) CBE
                                                3 NEW 1 Trust Issues - Drake ( 3 ) OVO Sound
                                                4 3 3 12 Just Us - DJ Khaled Featuring SZA ( 3 ) We The Best
                                                5 5 5 8 It's You - Ali Gatie ( 5 ) LI$N
                                                6 4 4 12 Earfquake - Tyler, The Creator ( 2 ) Columbia
                                                7 Re-Entry 5 Right Back - Khalid ( 7 ) Right Hand
                                                8 6 7 16 Before I Let Go - Beyonce ( 3 ) Parkwood
                                                9 NEW 1 Girls Love Beyonce - Drake Featuring James Fauntleroy ( 9 ) OVO Sound
                                                10 NEW 1 I Get Lonely Too - Drake ( 10 ) OVO Sound
                                                11 8 12 17 Juice - Lizzo ( 7 ) Nice Life
                                                12 7 6 3 Brown Skin Girl - Beyonce, SAINt JHN & Wizkid Featuring Blue Ivy Carter ( 6 ) Parkwood
                                                13 13 11 12 You Stay - DJ Khaled Featuring Meek Mill, J Balvin, Lil Baby & Jeremih ( 4 ) We The Best
                                                14 15 16 17 Imported - Jessie Reyez & JMR Or 6LACK ( 14 ) Island, FMLY
                                                15 14 15 14 Triggered - Jhene Aiko ( 3 ) ARTclub, ARTium
                                                16 19 20 16 Wrong - Luh Kel ( 7 ) Cinematic
                                                17 11 14 8 Easy - DaniLeigh Featuring Chris Brown ( 11 ) Def Jam
                                                18 16 17 47 Slow Dancing In The Dark - Joji ( 7 ) 88rising
                                                19 10 13 5 Leave Em Alone - Layton Greene, Lil Baby, City Girls & PnB Rock "Leave Em Alone" ( 10 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                20 12 10 28 Wake Up - Travis Scott ( 3 ) Grand Hustle, Cactus Jack
                                                21 18 18 37 Shot Clock - Ella Mai ( 3 ) 10 Summers
                                                22 Re-Entry 9 Your Peace - Jacquees Featuring Lil Baby ( 17 ) Cash Money
                                                23 21 21 7 Heat - Chris Brown Featuring Gunna ( 12 ) CBE
                                                24 NEW 1 How You Want It - Teyana Taylor Featuring King Combs ( 24 ) G.O.O.D.
                                                25 9 -- 2 Blame - Bryson Tiller ( 9 ) ByStorm

Comment

• TOP R&B ALBUMS
                                                  1 1 2 6 Indigo - Chris Brown ( 1 ) CBE
                                                  2 2 3 18 Free Spirit - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                  3 4 4 127 American Teen - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                  4 3 1 3 The Lion King: The Gift (Soundtrack) - Beyonce & Various Artists ( 1 ) Parkwood
                                                  5 5 5 133 Legend: The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers - Bob Marley And The Wailers ( 3 ) Island, Tuff Gong
                                                  6 6 6 43 Ella Mai - Ella Mai ( 1 ) Interscope, 10 Summers
                                                  7 8 10 118 The Essential Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson ( 2 ) Epic
                                                  8 7 9 102 17 - XXXTENTACION ( 1 ) Bad Vibes Forever
                                                  9 9 11 141 Starboy - The Weeknd ( 1 ) XO
                                                  10 10 13 113 Ctrl - SZA ( 1 ) Top Dawg
                                                  11 11 12 94 H.E.R. - H.E.R. ( 1 ) MBK
                                                  12 16 23 14 The Definitive Collection - Stevie Wonder ( 12 ) Motown, UTV
                                                  13 15 16 206 Beauty Behind The Madness - The Weeknd ( 1 ) XO
                                                  14 13 17 6 Coconut Oil (EP) - Lizzo ( 13 ) Atlantic, Nice Life
                                                  15 14 14 182 ANTI - Rihanna ( 1 ) Westbury Road
                                                  16 12 8 17 HOMECOMING: THE LIVE ALBUM - Beyonce ( 2 ) Parkwood
                                                  17 17 15 142 24K Magic - Bruno Mars ( 1 ) Atlantic
                                                  18 18 18 40 BALLADS 1 - Joji ( 1 ) 88rising
                                                  19 20 21 99 Thriller - Michael Jackson ( 6 ) Epic
                                                  20 21 19 146 Blonde - Frank Ocean ( 1 ) Boys Don't Cry
                                                  21 23 -- 11 Best Of The Temptations-The 60's: 20th Century Masters... - The Temptations ( 21 ) Motown
                                                  22 22 22 78 I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston ( 8 ) Arista
                                                  23 24 24 93 Heartbreak On A Full Moon - Chris Brown ( 1 ) RCA
                                                  24 19 25 195 T R A P S O U L - Bryson Tiller ( 2 ) TrapSoul
                                                  25 25 20 99 Lemonade - Beyonce ( 1 ) Parkwood

Comment

• R&B ALBUM SALES
                                                    1 1 3 18 Free Spirit - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                    2 2 2 8 Originals - Prince ( 1 ) Warner, NPG
                                                    3 3 4 6 Indigo - Chris Brown ( 1 ) CBE
                                                    4 4 5 10 Long Live Love - Kirk Franklin ( 1 ) RCA, RCA Inspiration, Fo Yo Soul
                                                    5 6 6 127 American Teen - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                    6 5 -- 2 1123 - BJ The Chicago Kid ( 5 ) Motown
                                                    7 9 -- 9 When I Get Home - Solange ( 1 ) Saint
                                                    8 7 1 3 The Lion King: The Gift (Soundtrack) - Beyonce & Various Artists ( 1 ) Parkwood
                                                    9 11 7 3 Tuxedo III - Tuxedo ( 7 ) Funk On Sight
                                                    10 10 8 17 Ventura - Anderson .Paak ( 1 ) Aftermath
                                                    11 13 10 43 Ella Mai - Ella Mai ( 1 ) Interscope, 10 Summers
                                                    12 14 14 42 60s Golden Memories - Various Artists ( 3 ) Stargrove
                                                    13 12 -- 2 Control: The Remixes - Janet Jackson ( 12 ) A&M
                                                    14 8 9 25 Worthy - India.Arie ( 1 ) SoulBird
                                                    15 Re-Entry 2 Elevate - Lettuce ( 11 ) Lettuce
                                                    16 -- 12 36 Caution - Mariah Carey ( 1 ) Butterfly MC
                                                    17 19 16 17 Ain't Too Proud: The Life And Times Of The Temptations - Original Broadway Cast Recording ( 8 ) Motown
                                                    18 17 15 66 Good Thing - Leon Bridges ( 1 ) LisaSawyer63
                                                    19 Re-Entry 2 Soul Jam (EP) - Kinsman Dazz Band Allstars ( 19 ) Stoney Burke, Stokes Bridge Enterprises
                                                    20 NEW 1 Some Place Else (EP) - MorMor ( 20 ) Don't Guess
                                                    21 24 -- 40 Suncity - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                    22 Re-Entry 123 Starboy - The Weeknd ( 1 ) XO
                                                    23 Re-Entry 6 Shea Butter Baby - Ari Lennox ( 5 ) Interscope, Dreamville
                                                    24 -- 22 44 Piano & A Microphone 1983 - Prince ( 1 ) NPG
                                                    25 Re-Entry 9 An Introduction To Gerald Levert - Gerald Levert ( 15 ) Flashback

Comment

• RAP AIRPLAY
                                                      1 1 1 16 Suge - DaBaby ( 1 ) SouthCoast
                                                      2 2 2 8 Money In The Grave - Drake Featuring Rick Ross ( 2 ) OVO Sound
                                                      3 3 5 10 The London - Young Thug, J. Cole & Travis Scott ( 3 ) Atlantic, Young Stoner Life
                                                      4 4 6 7 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 4 ) Nice Life
                                                      5 7 9 7 My Type - Saweetie ( 5 ) Artistry Worldwide, ICY
                                                      6 9 11 11 Pop Out - Polo G Featuring Lil Tjay ( 6 ) Columbia
                                                      7 6 3 21 24/7 - Meek Mill Featuring Ella Mai ( 3 ) Maybach
                                                      8 8 7 15 Worth It - YK Osiris ( 7 ) Def Jam
                                                      9 5 4 24 Close Friends - Lil Baby ( 3 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                      10 11 12 10 Press - Cardi B ( 10 ) The KSR Group
                                                      11 12 14 17 Clout - Offset Featuring Cardi B ( 11 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                      12 10 10 34 Going Bad - Meek Mill Featuring Drake ( 1 ) Cash Money, Maybach, Young Money
                                                      13 16 19 5 Cash Shit - Megan Thee Stallion Featuring DaBaby ( 13 ) 1501 Certified
                                                      14 15 16 11 Go Loko - YG, Tyga & Jon Z ( 14 ) CTE, 4Hunnid
                                                      15 14 15 23 Pure Water - Mustard & Migos ( 2 ) Motown, Quality Control, 10 Summers
                                                      16 18 20 5 Goodbyes - Post Malone Featuring Young Thug ( 16 ) Republic
                                                      17 13 8 20 Act Up - City Girls ( 2 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                      18 17 13 18 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 1 ) Columbia
                                                      19 19 17 20 Envy Me - Calboy ( 10 ) Polo Grounds, Paper Gang
                                                      20 25 -- 2 On Chill - Wale Featuring Jeremih ( 20 ) Maybach
                                                      21 22 21 5 I Like Girls - PnB Rock Featuring Lil Skies ( 21 ) Atlantic
                                                      22 20 18 17 Bacc At It Again - Yella Beezy, Gucci Mane & Quavo ( 10 ) HITCO
                                                      23 NEW 1 Ran$om - Lil Tecca ( 23 ) Galactic
                                                      24 Re-Entry 10 Wish Wish - DJ Khaled Featuring Cardi B & 21 Savage ( 21 ) We The Best
                                                      25 NEW 1 Single Again - Big Sean ( 25 ) G.O.O.D.

Comment

• MAINSTREAM R&B/HIP-HOP
                                                        1 1 4 9 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 1 ) CBE
                                                        2 2 1 16 Suge - DaBaby ( 1 ) SouthCoast
                                                        3 3 2 17 24/7 - Meek Mill Featuring Ella Mai ( 2 ) Maybach
                                                        4 4 3 18 Talk - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                        5 6 6 9 The London - Young Thug, J. Cole & Travis Scott ( 5 ) Atlantic, Young Stoner Life
                                                        6 5 5 19 Clout - Offset Featuring Cardi B ( 5 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                        7 9 8 10 Press - Cardi B ( 7 ) The KSR Group
                                                        8 8 11 8 Money In The Grave - Drake Featuring Rick Ross ( 8 ) OVO Sound
                                                        9 10 9 18 Pop Out - Polo G Featuring Lil Tjay ( 9 ) Columbia
                                                        10 7 7 16 Worth It - YK Osiris ( 7 ) Def Jam
                                                        11 11 18 5 Cash Shit - Megan Thee Stallion Featuring DaBaby ( 11 ) 1501 Certified
                                                        12 12 15 7 My Type - Saweetie ( 12 ) Artistry Worldwide, ICY
                                                        13 14 20 6 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 13 ) Nice Life
                                                        14 15 19 15 Before I Let Go - Beyonce ( 12 ) Parkwood
                                                        15 13 14 25 Close Friends - Lil Baby ( 1 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                        16 17 16 11 Drogba (Joanna) - Afro B ( 16 ) Marathon Artists
                                                        17 20 24 7 All Night Long - YFN Lucci Featuring Trey Songz ( 17 ) Think It's A Game
                                                        18 26 35 3 On Chill - Wale Featuring Jeremih ( 18 ) Maybach
                                                        19 19 22 10 I Like Girls - PnB Rock Featuring Lil Skies ( 19 ) Atlantic
                                                        20 24 25 11 You Stay - DJ Khaled Featuring Meek Mill, J Balvin, Lil Baby & Jeremih ( 20 ) We The Best
                                                        21 23 26 5 BMO - Ari Lennox ( 21 ) Dreamville
                                                        22 18 12 20 Act Up - City Girls ( 2 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                        23 16 13 12 Just Us - DJ Khaled Featuring SZA ( 11 ) We The Best
                                                        24 21 17 20 Bacc At It Again - Yella Beezy, Gucci Mane & Quavo ( 6 ) HITCO
                                                        25 30 -- 2 Baby Sitter - DaBaby Featuring Offset ( 25 ) SouthCoast
                                                        26 22 21 18 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 1 ) Columbia
                                                        27 33 33 12 Wish Wish - DJ Khaled Featuring Cardi B & 21 Savage ( 27 ) We The Best
                                                        28 28 28 5 Broke Leg - Tory Lanez, Quavo & Tyga ( 28 ) Mad Love
                                                        29 27 27 7 Go Loko - YG, Tyga & Jon Z ( 27 ) CTE, 4Hunnid
                                                        30 29 29 7 Imported - Jessie Reyez & JMR Or 6LACK ( 29 ) Island, FMLY
                                                        31 NEW 1 Single Again - Big Sean ( 31 ) G.O.O.D.
                                                        32 32 31 4 Triggered - Jhene Aiko ( 31 ) ARTclub, ARTium
                                                        33 25 23 8 One Missed Call - PJ ( 23 ) Atlantic
                                                        34 31 30 4 Wet - Bando Jonez Featuring Saint LaRon And Polow Da Don!!!! ( 30 ) Zone 4
                                                        35 34 34 4 Cut Up - Blac Youngsta ( 34 ) CMG, Heavy Camp
                                                        36 37 -- 2 Away From You - Queen Naija ( 36 ) Queen Naija
                                                        37 35 -- 2 Love Riddim - Rotimi ( 35 ) FrontRo
                                                        38 40 -- 2 Leave Em Alone - Layton Greene, Lil Baby, City Girls & PnB Rock "Leave Em Alone" ( 38 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                        39 NEW 1 Pretty Bitches In The Trap - Summerella ( 39 ) Zone 4
                                                        40 NEW 1 Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion, Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign ( 40 ) 1501 Certified

Comment

• ADULT R&B SONGS
                                                          1 1 3 9 Talk - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                          2 2 4 14 Enough - Fantasia ( 2 ) Rock Soul
                                                          3 3 1 26 Commitment - Monica ( 1 ) MONDEENISE
                                                          4 6 6 17 Make It Better - Anderson .Paak Featuring Smokey Robinson ( 4 ) Aftermath
                                                          5 5 8 44 Trip - Ella Mai ( 1 ) 10 Summers
                                                          6 4 2 21 That's What Love Can Do - Robin Thicke ( 1 ) Thicke
                                                          7 7 5 27 Love Theory - Kirk Franklin ( 3 ) RCA Inspiration, Fo Yo Soul
                                                          8 9 9 9 Something Keeps Calling - Raphael Saadiq Featuring Rob Bacon ( 8 ) Columbia
                                                          9 8 7 16 Before I Let Go - Beyonce ( 5 ) Parkwood
                                                          10 10 10 15 Steady Love - India.Arie ( 10 ) SoulBird
                                                          11 11 12 6 Love Again - Brandy & Daniel Caesar ( 11 ) Golden Child, Brand Nu
                                                          12 12 11 18 Shea Butter Baby - Ari Lennox & J. Cole ( 11 ) Eardrumma
                                                          13 13 17 13 Just Right - Raheem DeVaughn ( 13 ) SoNo
                                                          14 14 14 20 Don't Mean It - Tyler Dumont ( 14 ) Tyler Dumont
                                                          15 16 15 18 Say So - PJ Morton X JoJo ( 15 ) Morton
                                                          16 17 18 13 Something To Talk About - JAMESDAVIS ( 16 ) Motown
                                                          17 19 21 5 Honesty - Pink Sweat$ ( 17 ) Human Re Sources
                                                          18 27 -- 2 I Don't Think You're Ready - Tank ( 18 ) R&B Money
                                                          19 20 19 19 I Want You Around - Snoh Aalegra ( 19 ) ARTium
                                                          20 21 20 10 Time Today - BJ The Chicago Kid ( 20 ) Motown
                                                          21 23 26 3 U Say - The Bonfyre Featuring 6lack ( 21 ) Toler Heights
                                                          22 22 22 6 Blank Marquee - Yuna Featuring G-Eazy ( 22 ) Verve Forecast, independently popular.
                                                          23 NEW 1 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 23 ) CBE
                                                          24 24 25 6 Give It 2 U - J. Brown ( 24 ) MoCha
                                                          25 NEW 1 Mr. Big Shot - Nicole Bus ( 25 ) Roc Nation
                                                          26 26 28 7 Til I Found You - Jam And Lewis x Sounds Of Blackness + Ann Nesby + Big Jim Wright + Lauren Evans ( 26 ) Perspective
                                                          27 30 30 4 Church - Samm Henshaw Featuring EARTHGANG ( 27 ) Columbia
                                                          28 28 23 8 Accusing Me - Lyfe Jennings ( 23 ) LJ
                                                          29 29 -- 2 Spirit - Beyonce ( 29 ) Walt Disney, Parkwood
                                                          30 25 24 7 I ****in <3 U - Tameka Tiny Harris ( 23 ) Pretty Hustle

Comment

• RHYTHMIC SONGS
                                                            1 2 2 12 Truth Hurts - Lizzo ( 1 ) Nice Life
                                                            2 1 1 9 No Guidance - Chris Brown Featuring Drake ( 1 ) CBE
                                                            3 5 6 8 Money In The Grave - Drake Featuring Rick Ross ( 3 ) OVO Sound
                                                            4 3 3 12 Just Us - DJ Khaled Featuring SZA ( 3 ) We The Best
                                                            5 4 4 26 Talk - Khalid ( 1 ) Right Hand
                                                            6 8 10 6 Goodbyes - Post Malone Featuring Young Thug ( 6 ) Republic
                                                            7 7 7 13 Go Loko - YG, Tyga & Jon Z ( 7 ) CTE, 4Hunnid
                                                            8 6 5 14 Suge - DaBaby ( 2 ) SouthCoast
                                                            9 10 13 10 My Type - Saweetie ( 9 ) Artistry Worldwide, ICY
                                                            10 9 8 18 Worth It - YK Osiris ( 8 ) Def Jam
                                                            11 12 14 9 The London - Young Thug, J. Cole & Travis Scott ( 11 ) Atlantic, Young Stoner Life
                                                            12 11 11 32 Wow. - Post Malone ( 1 ) Republic
                                                            13 13 12 30 Look Back At It - A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ( 1 ) Highbridge The Label
                                                            14 16 19 16 Pop Out - Polo G Featuring Lil Tjay ( 14 ) Columbia
                                                            15 19 23 5 Ran$om - Lil Tecca ( 15 ) Galactic
                                                            16 18 21 5 Panini - Lil Nas X ( 16 ) Columbia
                                                            17 15 17 20 Old Town Road - Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus ( 1 ) Columbia
                                                            18 27 -- 2 Single Again - Big Sean ( 18 ) G.O.O.D.
                                                            19 20 20 16 Imported - Jessie Reyez & JMR Or 6LACK ( 19 ) Island, FMLY
                                                            20 17 16 20 Wake Up - Travis Scott ( 1 ) Grand Hustle, Cactus Jack
                                                            21 23 24 6 MEGATRON - Nicki Minaj ( 21 ) Cash Money, Young Money
                                                            22 24 25 7 Haute - Tyga Featuring J Balvin & Chris Brown ( 22 ) Last Kings
                                                            23 21 18 18 Act Up - City Girls ( 1 ) Motown, Quality Control
                                                            24 26 28 3 Wiggle It - French Montana Featuring City Girl ( 24 ) Motown, Bad Boy, Quality Control
                                                            25 25 22 9 Tap - NAV Featuring Meek Mill ( 22 ) XO
                                                            26 30 38 3 Time - NF ( 26 ) NF Real Music
                                                            27 29 27 6 Uno - Ambjaay ( 27 ) Columbia
                                                            28 28 26 7 Bouncin - Kiana Lede Featuring Offset ( 26 ) The Heavy Group
                                                            29 34 31 8 I Like Girls - PnB Rock Featuring Lil Skies ( 29 ) Atlantic
                                                            30 31 32 4 Honesty - Pink Sweat$ ( 30 ) Human Re Sources
                                                            31 32 34 3 The Git Up - Blanco Brown ( 31 ) BMG, TrailerTrapMusic
                                                            32 33 33 6 Broke Leg - Tory Lanez, Quavo & Tyga ( 32 ) Mad Love
                                                            33 NEW 1 Right Back - Khalid ( 33 ) Right Hand
                                                            34 36 40 3 Cash Shit - Megan Thee Stallion Featuring DaBaby ( 34 ) 1501 Certified
                                                            35 NEW 1 Boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House ( 35 ) Silent, SRV
                                                            36 22 15 11 Cross Me - Ed Sheeran Featuring Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock ( 15 ) Atlantic
                                                            37 35 36 13 I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber ( 19 ) Atlantic, SchoolBoy, Raymond Braun
                                                            38 NEW 1 Senorita - Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello ( 38 ) Island, SYCO
                                                            39 NEW 1 Antisocial - Ed Sheeran & Travis Scott ( 39 ) Atlantic
                                                            40 37 -- 2 Blessed - Shenseea & Tyga ( 37 ) Rich Immigrants

Comment

• Billboard 200/Catalog Albums Chart Update – August 17, 2019

It’s Tool Time on the (Non-Existent) Catalog Chart

As part of the run-up to their forthcoming Fear Inoculum album (their first in 13 years), Tool’s catalog was finally made digitally available on August 2, resulting in all four of their previous studio albums and a 1992 EP charting in the top five positions of Catalog Sales. They are also five of the top six Catalog albums on the Billboard 200 (the Catalog chart itself apparently having been discontinued). This all constitutes new catalog-era peak positions for all of these albums. Queen’s Greatest Hits holds onto the top position on Catalog Sales (#6) and Catalog ranking on BB200 (#5) not held by Tool.

Tool holds down the top five positions on Catalog Sales, the first time that has been done since the late Tom Petty had the top five on October 21, 2017. On the Catalog chart (such as it is), Tool has the top four as well as #6, the first week with five top 10s on that chart since the late Mac Miller (September 22, 2018), and the first time one act has had the top four since the late Prince did so seven times in an eight-week span from May 7 through June 25, 2016. This included a clean sweep of the top 10 on May 14… In a chart oddity, AEnima is the first Catalog album to top the chart that was a 1998 debut on that chart. Every other year from 1991 through 2018 (2019 has only one chart-topping debut so far) has had at least five albums that debuted in that year and eventually reached #1.

Here is the Tool rundown for this week (with year of release for each album):
                                                              AEnima (1996) – #1 Catalog/Catalog Sales, #10 BB200 – First appearance on each chart since 2006 (when 10,000 Days was released). This is also by far the most successful Tool album on the Catalog chart with 91 weeks prior to this week (with two in the top 10 and a #5 peak).
                                                              Lateralus (2001) – #2 Catalog/Catalog Sales, #16 BB200 – First appearance on Catalog/BB200 since its only other Catalog week, one week at #11 in 2006. It returned to the Catalog Sales chart at #40 on June 1 of this year.
                                                              10,000 Days (2006) – #3 Catalog/Catalog Sales, #18 BB200 – Catalog debut.
                                                              Undertow (1993) - #4 Catalog/Catalog Sales, #19 BB200 – First appearance on each chart since 2006. It had five weeks on Catalog in 2001 (including one week at #10) and one more in 2006. Since it only reached #50 in its original BB200 run, today’s listing is a new BB200 peak.
                                                              Opiate (EP) (1992) – #6 Catalog, #5 Catalog Sales, #59 BB200 – First appearance on Catalog since its only other week, a single week at #48 in 2001. This is its BB200 debut.

General Note: For the time being I will continue to compile the “Catalog chart” (catalog top 50 by the BB200 ranking) in these reports. I will try as best as possible to apply the Catalog rules as I understand them, as well as information from the remaining Catalog (Sales) charts, to determine when albums transition to Catalog status. The Great Oz in his mighty wisdom having decided to take this useful information away, I will have to try to figure it out myself.

MIG’S MILESTONES
                                                              Fleetwood Mac, Rumours – BB200 #94 (Catalog #18, Catalog Sales #7) – This 1970s classic reaches 200 weeks in the top 200(*) in Catalog status.
                                                              Zac Brown Band, Greatest Hits So Far… – BB200 #95 (Catalog #19) – 150 weeks in Catalog status on the BB200 for this country compilation. Its total BB200 run is up to 223 weeks.
                                                              Thomas Rhett, Life Changes – BB200 #131 (Catalog #34) – Reaches the 100 week mark on the BB200, in a consecutive run since its September 2017 debut.
                                                              The Beatles, Abbey Road – Catalog Sales #13 (BB200 #92, Catalog #16) – Reaches 400 weeks on the Catalog Sales chart. It actually has ten more weeks on the Catalog chart.
                                                              (*) Total includes Comprehensive chart weeks from 2003-2009

NEW ON THE CHARTS
                                                              Note – For Tool albums, see intro paragraph. 10,000 Days is a debut on all three charts. Opiate (EP) is a first-time entry on the BB200 as catalog (and in any respect).
                                                              Tyler Childers, Purgatory – Catalog Sales #40 – Childers is an emerging country artist with a new album, Country Squire, out this week (it has the dubious distinction of being only #12 despite being the week’s top seller). This 2017 release spent just one week at #120 on the BB200, but earlier this year reached #7 on the Country Catalog Albums chart.
                                                              Soundtrack, Descendants 2 – Catalog Sales #42 – Second installment in the Walt Disney TV movie franchise based on young descendants of bad actors (read: evil characters, although that may also be literally true). Descendants 3 is out this week (#7 BB200). Descendants 2 reached #6 BB200 in 2017. The original Descendants soundtrack was a #1 in 2015 and spent a couple weeks on the Catalog Sales chart (#16 peak) in 2017.
                                                              OutKast, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik – Catalog Sales #46 – First installment on the Catalog chart for this important hip-hop/funk duo. This is their 1994 debut album.

WANDERING STARS – Reserved for long-absent albums returning to the charts:
                                                              Note – All of the albums in this category this week are Tool albums; for more information, see intro paragraph. AEnima and Undertow both return to the Catalog/Catalog Sales chart and BB200 for the first time since 2006. Lateralus returns to Catalog and BB200 for the first time since 2006, but had been on Catalog Sales earlier this year. Opiate (EP) returns to Catalog/Catalog Sales for the first time since 2001.

CATALOG NOTES – Parenthetical numbers are overall weeks in the top 10 followed by 2019 weeks in the top 10:
                                                              On the Catalog/BB200 chart: Five new entries in the top 10 are all Tool albums, with each one reaching a new peak. AEnima is in the top 10 for the third time (first since 2006), Undertow had one previous top 10 week (in 2001), Lateralus and Opiate (EP) are new to the top 10, and 10,000 Days is new to the chart… Top 10 dropouts include The Beatles’ 1 (188/9), ending a 9-week top 10 run, and Drake’s Views (30/30), ending a 4-week run. Also falling are Drake’s Take Care (112/28), The Essential Billy Joel (8/6) and Zac Brown Band’s Greatest Hits So Far… (7/3)… Journey’s Greatest Hits (517 overall weeks top 10) and Eminem’s Curtain Call: The Hits (120 weeks top 10) both hold on to top 10 positions and reach 31 weeks in the top 10 in 2019 to lead all albums… Blake Shelton’s Reloaded: 20 #1 Hits leaves the chart after 22 straight weeks… Other double-digit runs ending are Maroon 5’s Red Pill Blues (14) and Led Zeppelin’s Mothership (11).
                                                              On the Catalog Sales chart: Five new entries in the top 10 are all Tool albums here as well, with the same top 10 totals as stated for the Catalog chart… Iron Maiden’s Fear Of The Dark is a chart drop-out from #8… Also leaving the top 10 are Bob Marley & The Wailer’s Legend (865/21), Sounds Of Summer: The Very Best Of The Beach Boys (53/10), Icon: Lynyrd Skynyrd (14/2), and Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon (493/17)… Queen’s Greatest Hits (104/33) drops from #1 to #6 but still has not fallen out of the top 10 this year, with a total top 10 run of 44 weeks… BTS’s Love Yourself: Her (13 weeks) has the only double-digit chart run coming to an end this week.

TOP CATALOG ALBUMS WITH NO TOP 10 WEEKS IN 2019 / NO TOP 10 WEEKS EVER – Numbers in parentheses are overall chart weeks, overall top 10 weeks, weeks on chart in 2019, overall peak position, 2019 peak position, current position. If the top album with no 2019 top 10 weeks is the same as the album with no top 10 weeks overall, only one is shown:
                                                              Catalog: AC/DC, Back In Black (980/169/31/#1/#15/#20)
                                                              NF, Perception (19/0/19/#12/#12/#22)
                                                              Catalog Sales: 2Pac, Greatest Hits (160/8/12/#4/#20/#20)
                                                              Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Playlist: The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revisited (57/0/19/#22/#26/#28)

Regards, Miguelito
                                                              My Comprehensive, Christmas LP topics

Comment

Working...
                                                              X