Highest Grossing Live Acts of All-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Chile, you are trying to start a stan war. Bless Cher and you too, but the ideas for those kind of shows existed way before Cher or Bette. Look up varieties. Before that you had circus etc. And also residencies weren't Celine's invention. People did those before she even started her career. What Madonna and Celine did was push those type of shows as templates for what those tours should be in the mainstream. That's the only correct receipt there is.
    That is absolutely not the “correct receipt” and you’ve just made a good point - Cher and Bette took those variety elements and put them into a context of a concert / pop show which was then taken over and further developed by other - almost all - female pop singers.
    C h e r
    51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
    Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
    Touring force
    Legend

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      How do you explain your obsession to reply to my posts?
      I don't even reply to half of the mess you post. Buy some things are even too much from you.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by alfiebot View Post
        That is absolutely not the “correct receipt” and you’ve just made a good point - Cher and Bette took those variety elements and put them into a context of a concert / pop show which was then taken over and further developed by other - almost all - female pop singers.
        Read what I wrote again. Maybe you'll get the point then. I don't feel like writing the same thing all over again.

Comment

Carrie Underwood added - she progresses to 21st position...

Carrie Underwood

Total Shows: ​450
          Total Tickets: 4,169,672
          Total Gross: $238,985,980

2010 - Play On Tour: 109 shows / $38,300,000 grossed / 778,930 tickets
          2012 - Blown Away Tour: 114 shows / $52,800,000 grossed / 873,199 tickets
          2016 - Storyteller Tour: Stories in the Round: 92 shows / $56,804,491 grossed / 1,200,00 tickets
          2016 - Ripcord World Tour: 71 shows / $33,581,489 grossed / 612,543 tickets
          2019 - Cry Pretty Tour 360: 64 shows / $57,500,000 grossed / 705,000 tickets

A really impressive tickets number.

Comment

Most Tickets Sold - Female Soloists

1. Tina Turner - 17.7 million
            2. Céline Dion - 15.5 million
            3. Madonna - 14.8 million
            4. Cher - 8.5 million
            5. Taylor Swift - 8.5 million
            6. P!nk - 7.9 million
            7. Beyoncé - 7.7 million
            8. Janet Jackson - 6.8 million
            9. Britney Spears - 6.6 million
            10. Lady Gaga - 6.5 million
            11. Whitney Houston - 6.0 million
            12. Shania Twain - 5.9 million
            13. Rihanna - 5.8 million
            14. Shakira - 5.0 million
            15. Katy Perry - 4.6 million
            16. Carrie Underwood - 4.1 million
            17. Kylie Minogue - 4.0 million
            18. Faith Hill - 3.8 million
            19. Mariah Carey - 3.6 million
            20. Ariana Grande - 2.9 million
            21. Miley Cyrus - 2.9 million
            22. Adele - 2.8 million
            23. Christina Aguilera - 2.2 million
            24. Barbra Streisand - 1.4 million

Unsurprisingly, Tina is #1 - it's a record she's held forever, since she pretty much started. You can really see the proliferation of high ticket prices in the above list, as some of the more established live acts with touring legacies going back 2-3 decades are higher on the above list than they are on the gross list as they benefit from selling a lot of tickets during a music industry which didn't charge you as much for a concert ticket.

For information, average ticket prices over the years have skyrocketed as the below will show...

1980: $10
            1985: $13
            1990: $20
            1995: $26
            2000: $43
            2005: $61

I've reworked Tina's numbers to take into account inflation adn her numbers jump massively as you'd expect...

Tina Turner (INFLATION ADJUSTED)

1977 - Australian Tour: 12 shows / $3,600,000 grossed
            1978 - Wild Lady of Rock Tour: 48 shows / $11,800,000 grossed
            1982 - Nice 'n' Rough Tour/Live 1984: 130 shows+ / $13,200,000 grossed
            1985 - Private Dancer Tour: 180 shows / $86,000,000 grossed
            1987 - Break Every Rule World Tour: 218 shows / $135,900,000 grossed
            1990 - Foreign Affair: The Farewell Tour: 121 shows / $108,200,000 grossed
            1993 - What's Love? Tour: 86 shows / $49,900,000 grossed
            1996 - Wildest Dreams Tour: 255 shows / $196,700,000 grossed
            2000 - Twenty Four Seven Tour: 121 shows / $183,000,000 grossed
            2008 - Tina!: 50th Anniversary Tour: 90 shows / $156,300,000 grossed

INFLATION ADJUSTED TOTAL: $944,600,000

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              You can really see the proliferation of high ticket prices in the above list, as some of the more established live acts with touring legacies going back 2-3 decades are higher on the above list than they are on the gross list as they benefit from selling a lot of tickets during a music industry which didn't charge you as much for a concert ticket.

For information, average ticket prices over the years have skyrocketed as the below will show...

1980: $10
              1985: $13
              1990: $20
              1995: $26
              2000: $43
              2005: $61
              This is EXACTLY what I meant on the previous page and who were key players in establishing tours as must see events and a huge source of income instead of spare change compared to album sales back in the day.

Comment

Several female acts like Jennifer Lopez and Stevie Nicks are missing on the list.

J.Lo has grossed around $210m-$220m
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  Several female acts like Jennifer Lopez and Stevie Nicks are missing on the list.
                  All on the list to be looked at, they'll slot in once they've been reviewed.

Comment

Most Tickets Sold - Female Soloists
                    9. Britney Spears - 6.6 million
                    Not a massive difference, but I have Britney at around 7.4 million tickets sold...

Comment

Prince has to be the hardest working artist ever and he is my all-time favorite live performer...

I've counted 1,185 shows total, mostly from tours. I will try to find more information on gross and audience.

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                        Prince has to be the hardest working artist ever and he is my all-time favorite live performer...

I've counted 1,185 shows total, mostly from tours. I will try to find more information on gross and audience.
                        Celine’s done nearly double that...

Comment

Any sources/breakdowns for Elton and Paul McCartney’s numbers?

Comment

I didn’t include that as I thought it was all festival dates - am I mistaken? And if I am, do you know of any published boxscores?
                            Oh yes. All OZ and NZ dates of RN anniv tour were all festivals and shouldn't be included. However, 2018 SOTW dates weren't. Will PM you the link
                            Last edited by red3269; Fri January 3, 2020, 07:00.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanS View Post
                              Any sources/breakdowns for Elton and Paul McCartney’s numbers?
                              I’m not going to start with the men until I’ve finished the females list (probably want a top 30).

Comment

Christina's X Tour made 5,084,952 with 55,437 attendance. Reported programs 8 out of 18.
                                Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso

Comment

Last edited by CelinetoBarbra; Mon February 24, 2020, 18:51.
                                  BARBRA
                                  ?Mom of Divas
                                  ?2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
                                  ?Best-selling ? Artist
                                  ?Biggest Box office Actress
                                  ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
                                  ?1st Osc? Composer

Comment

Last edited by CelinetoBarbra; Mon February 24, 2020, 18:50.
                                    BARBRA
                                    ?Mom of Divas
                                    ?2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
                                    ?Best-selling ? Artist
                                    ?Biggest Box office Actress
                                    ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
                                    ?1st Osc? Composer

Comment

Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                      Not a massive difference, but I have Britney at around 7.4 million tickets sold...
                                      The majority of the differences lie with the Piece of Me Tour which I have no tickets numbers for (so potentially 400,000+ to add there) and the BOMT tour which I have at circa 350,000 tickets sold on a $7.6m gross and you have at more than double.

I might've overlooked some figures, do you have them to hand?

Comment

She has absolutely no chance of doing this - Madonna will only add to her total, as will Céline (I suspect Céline to be close to $1.7 billion and Madonna will be comfortably in the $1.5-$1.6 billion bracket.
                                        If beyonce actually buckle down and do a proper world tour she can bypass madonna. She just gotta do stadiums & arenas and visit all 6 continents

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                          If beyonce actually buckle down and do a proper world tour she can bypass madonna. She just gotta do stadiums & arenas and visit all 6 continents
                                          I doubt she'll do a huge tour again with 150+ dates, so 500-600m gross on one world tour won't happen. But she is over 20 years younger than Madonna so there is a chance she'll do it eventually anyway.
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Why some of the data from the top list are different from the data on each artist
                                            136. Shania Twain - Up! Tour - $ 105,200,000
                                            2003 - Up! Tour: 113 shows /$87,000,000 grossed / 1,630,000 tickets

147. Shakira - Oral Fixation Tour - $ 100,000,000
                                            2006 - Oral Fixation Tour: 116 shows / $106,000,000 grossed / 1,600,000 tickets

95. Barbra Streisand - Streisand Tour - $ 130,000,000
                                            2006 - Streisand: 29 shows / $119,500,000 grossed / 410,000 tickets

Comment

2019 - Courage World Tour: 122 shows / $34,719,084 grossed / 246,432 tickets
                                              Updated numbers for Courage World Tour putting Celine further ahead as the biggest female live act!

Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
                                              1/15/2020
                                              Celine Dion
                                              Amalie Arena
                                              Tampa, FL
                                              12,749 (100%)
                                              45 - 225
                                              $1,706,009
                                              AEG Presents / Concerts West

Total now in $52,917,549 gross and 348,376 tickets sold in 28 shows.

Comment

I wouldn't say that she surpassed Madonna at the moment. Some of the Madonna's numbers were deflated and some the of Celine's numbers were inflated.

The Girlie Show grossed $70 million and Who's that Girl Tour did almost $10 million more than that, the total is only from boxscores and not including the dates missing. And she surpassed 15 million tickets sold. Her total should be a bit under $1.45 billion before Madame X and under $1.48 billion including the Madame X Tour numbers + the dates missing from last year.
                                                The Colour of My Love Tour numbers are completely off the reality. Most of the shows that she performed were in nightclubs with 800/1,000/2,000-capacity. And 1.3 million tickets sold in this one makes absolutely no sense. The tour probably ended with less than the half of the total on the first page. By the way, most of the tours before her first residency are including a exagered number of total attendance. She was probably at $1.40 billion before Courage Tour and now in $1.45 billion.

I mean, she will beat Madonna and will become the first woman in history to surpass $1.50 billion gross by the month of February, 2020. There is no reason to rush this incredible milestone. Both stunning queens.

Comment

Ed Sheeran please

Comment

Most successful music tours worldwide in 2019, based on gross revenue(in million U.S. dollars)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...urs-worldwide/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X