Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldwide Charts and Sales

Hello everybody, here's a new thread.

Here you can request and/or post absolutely any chart statistics you want - but particularly I'm thinking about ones that are relating to a particular artist. If you're wanting detailed info on the UK charts only, then check out Hanboo's "Chart Histories" thread - but for anything more general and global, please post it in here.

Now - can we end once and for all the threads requesting and/or posting either chart runs or sales figures about artists?

Future topics will be locked, and any requests made in them posted in here.

A victory for common sense.
    This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

With all respect, Matthew:

this is a CHART forum, and what we call charts only exist because records are sold, so talking about charts is to talk about sales. If the music industry was more "sincere", like in Japan, instead of only weekly chart positions we would see charts of real retail sales, and all we would talk about, when we would talk about charts would be about sales.. sales of a record, is, by the way, maybe the only OBJECTIVE aspect of this immense subject called music that can be discussed in a way to try to reach a definitive opinion about which everybody can agree, after all, numbers are numbers, and numbers aren't subject to individual tastes or opinions..

I don't see the problem of having a thread of sales for each artist, if i am interested in only one or two artists sales why should i be forced to search for data about those particular artist amidst maybe thousands sales numbers about who knows how many artists and countries? The only way to discuss sales (and then charts) is to separate each artist information, otherwise is simply not possible to discuss this topic in a way to reach a concrete portrait of an artist global popularity...and i didn't see anyone complaining about it, by the contrary...

Thank you

Comment

i am interested in only one or two artists sales why should i be forced to search for data about those particular artist amidst maybe thousands sales numbers about who knows how many artists and countries?
        Because if there are different topics for hundreds of different artists, the forum will be too full and all of the topics that are of interest to the rest of UKMIX (ie: not the chart geeks that never set foot outside the Chart Chat forum) will be lost among all the crap.

i didn't see anyone complaining about it, by the contrary...
        Try reading the topic "Gorky's Zygotic Mynci worldwide charts & sales".
        This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Yeah, I'm hugely in favour of a much less crap-fuelled forum.

Anyone who doesn't like it should go sign up at: www.chartgeeksanonymous.com

Comment

I'm 100% with Matthew...

Comment

I agree that this is a good idea. This forum had become way too cluttered with all these (insert artist here) chart histories topics.

And if you want a specific artist, I'm sure that an index can be put on the first page of the topic, linking to the posts within the topic, much like Hanboo does in the chart histories topic.
              Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                With all respect, Matthew:

this is a CHART forum...
                With all respect, Edu!

A lot of UKmixers used to come in this forum, sand now many are put off by all the mindless babble!

And with all due respect, I don't think someone who has only made 9 posts should be telling people what should be included in the forum!
                When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely a very good idea Matthew, this has gotta be the forum I visit the least these days (bar Sport!) just because trawling through all the topics has become a bit of a nightmare since Dotmusic disappeared... So yeah, it should help tidy things up a lickle

Comment

Originally posted by SmashHitter
                    Hi there

Could anyone let me know any figures on Eminem's sales worldwide (singles and albums separately if possible)?

Also, any lists of Eminem/D12 No.1s around the world would be great too.

Thanks

Gavin

Comment

Hi there

Think my Eminem request may have caused this debate. Either way, any help on Eminem's worldwide sales and No.1s would be great.

Gavin
                      Recaps of every ARIA chart from 1983-1992. 1993 in progress:
                      http://www.chartbeats.com.au/
                      https://www.facebook.com/chartbeats.au

Comment

No no, SmashHitter, your Eminem request didn't start it, the debate happened back when this topic started.

Originally posted by Edu
                        If i am interested in only one or two artists sales why should i be forced to search for data about those particular artist amidst maybe thousands sales numbers about who knows how many artists and countries?
                        Can I propose a counter-question to that?

If someone was only interested in the UK charts (with this being a UK site and all), why should they be forced to search through topics about countless different artists' worldwide charts and sales figures?

Comment

Hi matthew, here i am again

the name of this forum is "chart chat" and not "uk charts chat", only in the latter case i would understand that any thread about charts outside uk would be a bit out of scope (nobody commented what i said, charts are sales list without the sales, if we had access to the sales numbers would be useless to discuss charts, what would be discussed would be the sales, the position on a chart depends of arbitrary rules (see the difference between the hot 100 in US and the uk list) while sales are completely objective (at least, much more than a ordered list of songs)

Another thing Matthew, till now i only have a few posts because i'm starting and because i only post when i really believe i can give imformation that will be useful to interested persons, and if you had took a look at my posts we would see that i always give the source of my numbers, whatever i post can always be trusted almost 100%..i don't post only to raise my number of posts or to raise my position amongst posters with most posts

When i want to talk about music per itself i go to the forum in others sites where a specific artist work is discussed

Comment

Originally posted by SmashHitter
                            Hi there

Think my Eminem request may have caused this debate. Either way, any help on Eminem's worldwide sales and No.1s would be great.

Gavin
                            It's easy to get the answer, http://chartbuzz.port5.com/ ,
                            Singles
                            Without Me hit #1 in 12 coutries (56 weeks)
                            Lose Yourself hit #1 in 13 countries (41 weeks)
                            Albums
                            "The Eminem Show" hit #1 in 15 countries (69 weeks)
                            "8 Mile" hit #1 in 5 countries (13 weeks)

Eminem

01) (1999) [5.5] The Slim Shady LP – (4.2 m) US, (1 m) Europe, (0.2 m) Canada, (70,000) Australia, (7,500) NZ.
                            02) (2000) [15.3] The Marshall Mathers LP – (9 m) US, (5 m) Europe, (0.8 m) Canada, (0.28 m) Australia, (0.11 m) Japan, (75,000) NZ.
                            03) (2002) [14.1] The Eminem Show – (8 m) US, (4 m) Europe, (1 m) Canada, (0.56 m) Australia, (0.405 m) Japan, (0.12 m) in NZ.
                            04) (2002) [6.3] 8 Mile – (4.1 m) US, (1 m) Europe, (0.5 m) Canada, (0.33 m) Japan, (0.28 m) Australia, (60,000) NZ.

(25 m) US, (11 m) Europe, (2.5 m) Canada, (1.19 m) Australia, (0.845 m) Japan,(0.263 m) NZ, racking up 40.8 million
                            Biggest Seller: “The Marshall Mathers LP” & “The Eminem Show” – 15 million
                            40.8 million in his career

Comment

Thanks for such a thorough and uncomplicated reply. Much appreciated!
                              Recaps of every ARIA chart from 1983-1992. 1993 in progress:
                              http://www.chartbeats.com.au/
                              https://www.facebook.com/chartbeats.au

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH
                                Yeah, I'm hugely in favour of a much less crap-fuelled forum.

Anyone who doesn't like it should go sign up at: www.chartgeeksanonymous.com

that link is broken or something
                                MY WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM | DISCOGS | LAST.FM

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                                  Hi matthew, here i am again

the name of this forum is "chart chat" and not "uk charts chat", only in the latter case i would understand that any thread about charts outside uk would be a bit out of scope (nobody commented what i said, charts are sales list without the sales, if we had access to the ....

I come here mostly to read about Uk & European charts, no more no less...

And i wasn't coming the last few days because the Forum was flooded by petitions about artists. I like to read about that but come on... it was too much..

Well done Matthew
                                  MY WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM | DISCOGS | LAST.FM

Comment

I just wanted to say that I agree with this Matthew.

In the past few weeks I have had to search for popular topics such as the UKMix chart, Chart Challenge and the release schedule since there was so much crap above it about sales and figures.

Surely confining it to one topic clears up the forum and organises things so that information is easily available in one place. It would also prevent repeated requests for sales figures as well.
                                    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Most Weeks At Number One-Single Chart-

UK
                                      18weeks 1953/04/24 I Belive- Frankie Laine

Italy
                                      20weeks 1989/09/23 Lambada- Kaoma

Germany
                                      18weeks 1978/04/20 Rivers Of Babylon-Boney M.

Canada
                                      46weeks 1997/09/29 Candle In The Wind 1997-Elton John

OZ
                                      15weeks 1968/09/28 Hey Jude- Beatles

Switzerland
                                      16weeks 1991/08/04 (Everything I Do) I Do It For You-Bryan Adams
                                      16weeks 1975/10/17 Claude Borelly-Jean

France
                                      19weeks 1995/11/05 Gangsta's Paradise -Coolio

USA
                                      Radio & Records
                                      12weeks 1996/08/16 I Love You Always Forever-Donna Lewis
                                      Billboard
                                      17weeks 1947/08/30 Near Me-Francis Craig And His Orchestra
                                      Cashbox
                                      13weeks 1992/12/05 I Will Always Love You-Whitney Houston
                                      13weeks 1994/09/03 I'Ll Make Love To You-Boyz Ii Men
                                      Record World
                                      13weeks 1977/10/15 You Light Up My Life-Debby Boone

Japan(Oricon)
                                      17weeks 1968/09/23 Koi No Kisetsu-Pinky & Killers

Those who know record of other countries desire to post.

Comment

OZ
                                        15weeks 1968/09/28 Hey Jude- Beatles

I thought there were no official australian charts since the Kent Music Report in 1970.

France
                                        19weeks 1995/11/05 Gangsta's Paradise -Coolio

This one is wrong, the single that spent 19 weeks on top of the French chart was Lou Bega's Mambo N°5.

Comment

Austria
                                          17 weeks 1997/09/28 Candle In The Wind 1997

New Zealand
                                          14 weeks 1978/07/07 Rivers Of Babylon-Boney M

New Zealand 1966-1996, 1966 for "New Zealand Listener", based on results of a poll in which readers voted for their top 5 songs, (RIANZ) started on 16 May 1975.

Sweden
                                          20 weeks 1977/08/12 Yes Sir, I Can Boggie-Baccara

(GLF) Topplistan Top 20 singles 1975-1993, heard that "Shakira" broke the record??

Comment

Originally posted by rikta
                                            France
                                            19weeks 1995/11/05 Gangsta's Paradise -Coolio[/b]

This one is wrong, the single that spent 19 weeks on top of the French chart was Lou Bega's Mambo N°5.
                                            It should be 20 weeks, not 19 weeks.

France
                                            20 weeks 1999/08/28 Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...)-Lou Bega

Comment

Spain
                                              16 weeks 2003 Fran Perea-Uno Mas Uno Son Siete

Comment

OZ
                                                15weeks 1968/09/28 Hey Jude- Beatles[/b]

I thought there were no official australian charts since the Kent Music Report in 1970.
                                                Australia
                                                14 weeks 05.Apr.1976 Fernando-Abba

From Australian Chart Book 1970-1992 by David Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by nelson
                                                  France

France
                                                  Are you sure about this one, Nelson?

My database looks like this:

Most weeks at #1 in France:

19 Mambo N°5- Lou Bega(1999)
                                                  18 Belle- Daniel Lavoie,Patrick Fiori & Garou(1998)
                                                  17 Les Roi Du Monde- Various Artists(2000)
                                                  16 Seven Seconds- Youssou N'Dour & Neneh Cherry(1994)
                                                  16 Dur Dur D'etre Un Bebe- Jordy(1992)
                                                  16 Ces Soirées La- Yannick(2000)
                                                  13 Viens Boire Un P'tit Coup A La Maison- License IV (1987)
                                                  13 Les Demons De Minuit- Images(1986)
                                                  13 Gangsta's Paradise- Coolio Ft LV(1995)
                                                  13 Freed From Desire- Gala (1996)

Comment

Originally posted by nelson
                                                    France

France
                                                    Are you sure about this one, Nelson?

My database looks like this:

Most weeks at #1 in France:

19 Mambo N°5- Lou Bega(1999)
                                                    18 Belle- Daniel Lavoie,Patrick Fiori & Garou(1998)
                                                    17 Les Roi Du Monde- Various Artists(2000)
                                                    16 Seven Seconds- Youssou N'Dour & Neneh Cherry(1994)
                                                    16 Dur Dur D'etre Un Bebe- Jordy(1992)
                                                    16 Ces Soirées La- Yannick(2000)
                                                    13 Viens Boire Un P'tit Coup A La Maison- License IV (1987)
                                                    13 Les Demons De Minuit- Images(1986)
                                                    13 Gangsta's Paradise- Coolio Ft LV(1995)
                                                    13 Freed From Desire- Gala (1996)
                                                    Chart run of Mambo No 5-Lou Bega
                                                    7/31/1999: 80-8-5-4-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-7-10-15-25-30-47-71-85-98-95

Comment

Thanks for good info nelson and rikta.

Netherlands
                                                      12weeks 1994/10/01 Dromen zijn bedrog- Marco Borsato

Comment

Most Weeks At Number One-Album Chart-

USA
                                                        Billboard
                                                        69weeks 1949/06/04 South Pacific - Original Cast
                                                        54weeks 1962/05/05 West Side Story - Soundtrack
                                                        37weeks 1983/02/26 Thriller - Michael Jackson
                                                        Cashbox
                                                        53weeks 1962/03/24 West Side Story - Soundtrack
                                                        38weeks 1983/02/26 Thriller - Michael Jackson
                                                        33weeks 1977/03/26 Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
                                                        Record World
                                                        35weeks 1977/03/26 Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
                                                        25weeks 1978/01/21 Saturday Night Fever -Original Soundtrack
                                                        21weeks 1981/02/28 Hi Infidelity - R.E.O. Speedwagon

UK
                                                        115weeks 1958/11/08 South Pacific - Original Soundtrack
                                                        70weeks 1965/06/05 Sound Of Music - Original Soundtrack
                                                        41weeks 1970/02/21 Bridge Over Troubled Water -Simon & Garfunkel

Germany
                                                        88weeks 1962/07/15 My Fair Lady - Original Cast
                                                        36weeks 1968/06/15 Heintje - Heintje
                                                        25weeks 1991/11/25 We Can'T Dance - Genesis

Canada
                                                        26weeks 1979/05/16 Breakfast In America - Supertramp
                                                        23weeks 1995/11/20 Jagged Little Pill -Alanis Morissette
                                                        23weeks 1983/07/11 Synchronicity - Police

Japan(Oricon)
                                                        35weeks 1973/12/17 Koori No Sekai - Yousui Inoue
                                                        20weeks 1970/03/20 Sinjyuku No Onna - Keiko Fuji
                                                        18weeks 1974/04/29 Golden Prize Vol.2 - Carpenters
                                                        18weeks 1971/07/12 S&G Greatest Hits‡U - Simon & Garfunkel

Please post the information of other countries.

Comment

SPAIN:

Artists with more #1 albums:
                                                          17. Operación Triunfo
                                                          12. Julio Iglesias
                                                          8. Joan Manuel Serrat
                                                          6. Mike Oldfield
                                                          6. U2
                                                          6. Joaquín Sabina
                                                          5. Mecano
                                                          5. Alejandro Sanz
                                                          5. Camela

» With 4: Michael Jackson, Ana Belén, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, Madonna, Heroes del Silencio, Gloria Estefan & Luis Miguel.

---
                                                          Albums with most weeks at #1:

22 semanas
                                                          Más w Alejandro Sanz [1997]

20 semanas
                                                          Thriller w Michael Jackson [1984]
                                                          Para La Ternura Siempre Hay Tiempo w
                                                          Victor Manuel y Ana Belén [1986]
                                                          Descanso Domincal w Mecano [1988]

18 semanas
                                                          Raíces w Julio Iglesias [1989]

17 semanas
                                                          Abriendo Puertas w Gloria Estefan [1995]

16 semanas
                                                          Deseo Carnal w Alaska y Dinarama [1985]
                                                          Calor w Julio Iglesias [1992]
                                                          Mi Tierra w Gloria Estefan [1993]
                                                          15 semanas
                                                          Brothers In Arms w Dire Straits [1985]
                                                          Laura Pausini w Laura Pausini [1994]

14 semanas
                                                          Coro De Monjes Del Monasterio de Silos w
                                                          Cantos Gregorianos [1993]
                                                          El Viaje De Cöpperpot w La Oreja De Van Gogh [2000]

13 semanas
                                                          Amor de Hombre w Mocedades [1983]
                                                          The Final Countdown w Europe [1987]
                                                          Aidalai w Mecano [1991]
                                                          ... But Seriously w Phil Collins [1989]

12 semanas
                                                          Eye In The Sky w The Alan Parson Project [1982]
                                                          Tempo D'Italia w Luis Cobos [1987]

11 semanas
                                                          Tubular Bells II w Mike Oldfield [1992]
                                                          Lunas Rotas w Rosana [1996]
                                                          Gloria! w Gloria Estefan [1998]
                                                          Estopa w Estopa [1999]
                                                          Caribe 2003 w Varios Artistas [2003]

10 semanas
                                                          Woman In Red w Stevie Wonder [1984]
                                                          Communards w Communards [1987]
                                                          The Joshua Tree w U2 [1987]
                                                          Whenever You Need Someone w Rick Astley [1988]
                                                          The Very Best Of... w Elton John [1990]
                                                          Astronomía Razonable w El Último De La Fila [1993]

--

And the same with singles:

ARTISTS WITH MORE #1'S:

15. Madonna
                                                          10. Michael Jackson
                                                          7. George Michael
                                                          6. Depeche Mode
                                                          4. Mecano
                                                          4. U2
                                                          4 Snap!

» WITH 3: Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Miguel Bosé, Alaska y Dinarama, Communards, Pet Shop Boys, Ace Of Base, Take That, Backstreet Boys, Bunbury, Gloria Estefan, Enrique Iglesias & Chayanne.

SINGLES WITH MOST WEEKS AT #1:

16 semanas
                                                          Fran Perea w Uno Más Uno Son Siete [2003]

14 semanas
                                                          Part Time Lover w Stevie Wonder [1985]
                                                          Gimme Hope Joanna w Eddie Grant [1988]
                                                          Candle In The Wind w Elton John [1997]
                                                          13 semanas
                                                          Voyage, Voyage w Desireless [1987]
                                                          Lambada w Kaoma [1989]

12 semanas
                                                          The Grease Megamix w John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John [1991]
                                                          Mambo Nº5 w Lou Bega [1999]
                                                          11 semanas
                                                          Thriller w Michael Jackson [1984]
                                                          Live Is Life w Opus [1985]
                                                          Always On My Mind w Pet Shop Boys [1988]
                                                          Black Or White w Michael Jackson [1991]
                                                          Aserejé w Las Ketchup [2002]

10 semanas
                                                          Lobo Hombre en París w La Unión [1984]
                                                          The Final Countdown w Europe [1987]
                                                          Infinity w Guru Josh [1990]
                                                          9 semanas
                                                          On My Own w Nikka Costa [1982]
                                                          Karma Chamaleon w Culture Club [1984]
                                                          Like A Prayer w Madonna [1989]
                                                          Sensación De Vivir w Xuxa [1992]
                                                          Saturday Night w Whigfield [1993]
                                                          Zombie w Ororo [1995]
                                                          Believe w Cher [1998]
                                                          A Por Tí w Tamara Seisdedos [2000]
                                                          Amiga Soledad w Miguel Nández [2003]
                                                          8 semanas
                                                          Moonlight Shadow w Mike Oldfield [1983]
                                                          ¿Cómo Pudiste Hacerme Ésto A Mí? w
                                                          Alaska y Dinarama [1985]
                                                          We Are The World w U.S.A. For Africa [1985]
                                                          Easy Lady w Spagna [1986]
                                                          The Look w Roxette [1989]
                                                          Pump Up The Jump w Technotronic featuring Felly [1989]
                                                          Please Don't Go w Double You? [1992]
                                                          Because The Night w Co-ro [1992]
                                                          Baby I Love Your Way w Big Mountain [1994]
                                                          The Rythm Divine w Enrique Iglesias [1999]
                                                          7 semanas
                                                          Flashdance... What A Feeling w Irene Cara [1983]
                                                          Words w F.R. David [1983]
                                                          I Just Called To Say I Love You w Stevie Wonder [1984]
                                                          Ni Tú Ni Nadie w Alaska y Dinarama [1985]
                                                          La Puerta De Alcalá w Victor Manuel y Ana Belén [1986]
                                                          The Multimix w Communards [1987]
                                                          Geronimo's Cadillac w Modern Talking [1987]
                                                          Never Gonna Give You Up w Rick Astley [1987]
                                                          Sadeness - Part 1 w Enigma [1991]
                                                          Gypsy Woman (La Da Dee La Da Da) w Crystal Waters [1991]
                                                          Así Me Gusta w Chimo Bayo [1991]
                                                          D'Ur D'Ur D'Etre Bebe w Jordi [1993]
                                                          I Feel You w Depeche Mode [1993]
                                                          Encores EP w Dire Straits [1993]
                                                          Jesus To A Child w George Michael [1996]

ARTISTS WITH MOST WEEKS AT #1:

48. Madonna
                                                          46. Michael Jackson
                                                          26. Stevie Wonder
                                                          26. Depeche Mode
                                                          26. George Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mangaka
                                                            SPAIN:

[code]

--

And the same with singles:

ARTISTS WITH MORE #1'S:

» WITH 3: Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Miguel Bosé, Alaska y Dinarama, Communards, Pet Shop Boys, Ace Of Base, Take That, Backstreet Boys, Bunbury, Gloria Estefan, Enrique Iglesias & Chayanne.
                                                            And Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle, What A Girl Wants & Lady Marmalade.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X