SoundScan Era - USA's Best Selling Artists and Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crocop
    hello,can you plese tell me creed's human clay and my own prison sales. thank you

p.s i will be very thankful if you can give me the worldwide sales for the same albums. thanks again
    human clay 11.5M
    my own prison 6.3M

Comment

• Originally posted by crocop
      hello,can you plese tell me creed's human clay and my own prison sales. thank you

p.s i will be very thankful if you can give me the worldwide sales for the same albums. thanks again
      human clay 11.5M
      my own prison 6.3M

Don't have the worldwide numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by aleko
        Hi,Hanboo. Have you got the up to date total Elvis Costello albums scans ? Thank you.
        No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priestfan
          Hi Han

Could you please let me know the career Soundscan total for Black Sabbath and Judas Priest please? Thanks
          Black Sabbath 6.6M
          Judas Priest 2M

Comment

• Originally posted by Aries
            Hello Hanboo!

Do you have numbers for the following albums?
            1) Celine Dion - "C’est Pour Vivre" (can be named "Mon Ami"/"Les premieres Annees"/"French Love Album")
            2) Celine Dion - "The Collection 1982-1988" (can be named "Amour")

These are compilations of early songs in French released in Europe under many different names during her career peak. I think they are available only as imports in USA.
            Again Celine Dion... all her album numbers have been posted (twice maybe thrice).

Okay, I'll do this one and from now on no Celine requests anymore.
            C’est Pour Vivre (French Love) 3.5K
            The Collection 1982-1988" 5.2K ("Amour" did 4.7K)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanboo
              Originally posted by pjsbin
              Hanboo, Thank you so much about your info

In this week.. My questions are..
              All The Way ... A Decade Of Song (album by Celine Dion) 7.3M
              Miracle (Video by Celine Dion) 63K
              thank you hanboo..

but.. you told us

Miracle (video) is sold 65k.. what is right??

Comment

• Originally posted by will231982
                Hanboo

Can you get me the latest soundscan figures for Iron Maiden and Judas Priest albums?
                I only have old figures.
                BTW, if you want numbers from me: name artist and album, max. of 2 albums per request.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane
                  If the two are excluded from the number on page one too, then Madonna only sold 540K so far this year! Pretty low considering she had a new album out ultimo 2005!
                  Madonna album scans total 780K so far this year.
                  Last year she sold 1.0M, in 2004 430K.

Me thinks 2006 is a pretty good year for mrs. Ritchie.

Comment

• Hi Hanboo can you give sales for these albums?LOSTPROPHETS 'Liberation Transmission' and EIGHTEEN VISIONS'Eighteen Visions'!Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by evaorig
                      I'm going to ask about "The Best Of Michael Jackson & J5" and would you happen to have the career soundscan total for Brian McKnight?
                      The Best Of Michael Jackson & J5 1.4M
                      Brian McKnight career total 8.4M
                      The MJ & J5 figure amazes me, as to the best of my knowledge no compilation titled "The Best of Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5" has ever been released in the States :-?

I've just searched on amazon.com, and the only CD with this title is a Japanese import. There's a "Very Best of..." compilation, but that's also an import.

Perhaps the 1.4M relates to Michael's "The Best of..." 2CD package, released as part of Motown's Anthology series?

Hanboo or evaorig, can either of you clarify this

Comment

• Thanks for the latest numbers, Hanboo

For my latest request, please will you post the latest figures you have for these two albums:

The Jacksons Story
                        The Jacksons: An American Dream

Many thanks

Comment

I'm going to ask about "The Best Of Michael Jackson & J5" and would you happen to have the career soundscan total for Brian McKnight?
                          As always thank you Hanboo, my two latest requests for you are how many albums have Luther Vandross and Michael Jackson scanned for 2006? thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis17
                            Originally posted by Hanboo
                            The MJ & J5 figure amazes me, as to the best of my knowledge no compilation titled "The Best of Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5" has ever been released in the States :-?

I've just searched on amazon.com, and the only CD with this title is a Japanese import. There's a "Very Best of..." compilation, but that's also an import.

Perhaps the 1.4M relates to Michael's "The Best of..." 2CD package, released as part of Motown's Anthology series?

Hanboo or evaorig, can either of you clarify this
                            Lewis, I'm sorry I really don't know. I was given a list of all of Michael's album ever released and this title was on it so I took a chance to see if Hanboo had a soundscan total for it. I'm going to certaintly post in the Motown thread so Basil can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by crocop

human clay 11.5M
                              my own prison 6.3M

Don't have the worldwide numbers.
                              thanks alot man

Comment

• Thank you for the info, Han. Are you sure the total for Judas Priest is correct? I have scans for all their studio albums from April of this year and that was also 2 million or so. This total did not include compilations or live albums. Would you be so kind as to double check that the total included all their releases? Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks again Hanboo,

My request for this week is totals for Bowie's

Young Americans
                                  Station To Station

Comment

Again Celine Dion... all her album numbers have been posted (twice maybe thrice).

Okay, I'll do this one and from now on no Celine requests anymore.
                                    C’est Pour Vivre (French Love) 3.5K
                                    The Collection 1982-1988" 5.2K ("Amour" did 4.7K)
                                    If you read my requests you'll see I'm asking for albums figures never posted before. I just wanted to find out which other albums from her sold something in USA (and the figures if possible/available), since you posted in January 2006 that her soundscan total consisted of 41 regular albums (+ 2 interviews + 1 EP). It's true that you posted numbers for more than half of them (and I didn't ask you about those since you already posted numbers till January 2006).

I'm sorry if I bothered you, but I think my requests were polite and I followed your rules: 2 titles per week and I named those titles and the artist. Anyway, I'm thankful for the numbers you've provided .

Comment

• hanboo -- thanks again for the queen info!

Queen's On Fire - Live At The Bowl CD and Queen+Paul Rodgers "return of the champions" DVD. Do you have any salesdata?

Many thanks!

Comment

• Here are Celine's SoundScan figures as of 1/06:

Unison - 1.237.000 copies
                                        Celine Dion - 2.352.000 copies
                                        The colour of my love - 4.495.000 copies
                                        Dion chante Plamondon - 110.000 copies
                                        The French album - 236.000 copies
                                        Falling into you - 10.728.000 copies
                                        Let's talk about love - 9.404.000 copies
                                        S'il suffisait d'aimer - 108.000 copies
                                        These are special times - 4.702.000 copies
                                        All the way - 7.258.000 copies
                                        The collector's series - 857.000 copies
                                        A new day has come - 3.206.000 copies
                                        One heart - 1.753.000 copies
                                        1 Fille & 4 Types - 22.000 copies
                                        A new day...live in Las Vegas - 396.000 copies
                                        Miracle - 860.000 copies
                                        On ne change pas - 3.300 copies

They haven't gone up by that much this year.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Dane
                                          If the two are excluded from the number on page one too, then Madonna only sold 540K so far this year! Pretty low considering she had a new album out ultimo 2005!
                                          Madonna album scans total 780K so far this year.
                                          Last year she sold 1.0M, in 2004 430K.

Me thinks 2006 is a pretty good year for mrs. Ritchie.
                                          OK thanks, 780K isn't bad. With Xmas sales she should reach 1M again this year.
                                          Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by AutomaticBR
                                            Hanboo, can i please have Soundcan for these albums?

PJ Harvey - Dry
                                            PJ Havery - Dance hall at Louse Point (sometimes is listed as "John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey")
                                            PJ Havery - The B-Sides

the last one only if you don't have a figure for the other 2, as i know you can only answer 2 requests each time ;)
                                            please?
                                            Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

• I'll also ask for more Bowie numbers:
                                              Tonight
                                              Labyrinth Soundtrack (I think it's credited as soundtrack and not Bowie)
                                              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Hanboo, I'll ask for 2 scans this week, both about Sting's band The Police :

- Outlandos D'Amour
                                                - Synchronicity

Thanks in advance.
                                                25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

• Hanboo, I'm not sure if you missed my requests last week, but I'll post them again. Thank you in advance.

Def Leppard-Vault: Greatest Hits 1980-1995
                                                  Def Leppard-Yeah!

Comment

• The Police were actually Stewart Copeland's band!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X