No announcement yet.

Disc Single Sales Chart Analysis - 1958 to 1967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, so that explains the missing #39 from the 25.03.67 MM chart! It wasn't John's Children, they were still in there at #35, must have been Soft Machine, they were #43 the previous week but then disappeared. I did my usual thing of guessing the missing position based on the highest placed single the previous week which had dropped out ('Let Me Cry On Your Shoulder' by Ken Dodd), but I suppose what I'll do now is move everyone from 40 to 50 up a place and put Ken Dodd at #50.

Comment

• Btw Lonnie, I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday, it was a systems failure of the blonde variety (even though I'm not blonde) leading to extreme panic, but everything's fine now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ufo
        Btw Lonnie, I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday, it was a systems failure of the blonde variety (even though I'm not blonde) leading to extreme panic, but everything's fine now.
        Excellent!
        http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
        Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• I've posted these to Lonnie! But for all to see; these are the ommissions (All No10's) in the DISC Album chart!
          14 May 1966. No10 "Mantovani Magic" (Henry Mancini) last week No9.

23 July 1966. No10 "Cilla Sings A Rainbow" (Cilla Black) Last week No9.

30 July 1966. No10 "Soul Album" New Entry.

6 May 1967. "Matthew and Son" (Cat Stevens) New Entry. Hope all is well now! Now if Lonnie or someone, can list me all the `anomalies` regarding singles positions in DISC charts-I will check my A3 originals and try to sort out as many as possible!

Comment

• Originally posted by asm
            I've posted these to Lonnie! But for all to see; these are the ommissions (All No10's) in the DISC Album chart!
            14 May 1966. No10 "Mantovani Magic" (Henry Mancini) last week No9.

23 July 1966. No10 "Cilla Sings A Rainbow" (Cilla Black) Last week No9.

30 July 1966. No10 "Soul Album" New Entry.

6 May 1967. "Matthew and Son" (Cat Stevens) New Entry. Hope all is well now! Now if Lonnie or someone, can list me all the `anomalies` regarding singles positions in DISC charts-I will check my A3 originals and try to sort out as many as possible!
            Thanks for these. At this point the only question seems to be

I'm also wondering if The Moody Blues and The Yardbirds should be tied at #45 on 05.11.66, considering the Disc charts don't usually allow ties.
            I can't quite make it out from the photocopy, so I made then tied positions. It actually looks like it might be tied, but I'm not sure. Any help, greatly appreciated.
            Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• Lonnie! I checked my Charts on Memory Stick! Afraid that weeks scan is rather blurred -hence the unclear No45/6 positions! I will have to dig out the A3 originals again! I won't be around till Thursday morning! So will clarify then! If I remember DISC didn't have tied positions in the 60's (As with Record Retailer, they used a `Count-back` system!) Be back with the resolution Thursday Morn!

Comment

• Right! Have checked original charts! On the 5.11.66 chart Moody Blues are No45. And Yardbirds No46! Hope that clears it up!

Comment

• In July 1963 on "Disc" chart appeared a Beatles' EP "Beatles Number 1". It peaked at #3 on 10.08.'63. At that time, only the first Beatles' UK EP "Twist And Shout" was available. (The second one - "The Beatles' Hits"(issued on 06 September 1963); the third-"The Beatles (No.1)" (01.11.'63)).
                  I don't see any other solution than that it, actually, was "Twist And Shout"(EP) on the chart in summer of 1963. Why "Disc" used the different title is not known to me.

Comment

• Because they make mistakes! I'll dig out my old DISC charts for August 63 and see what it says!

Comment

• thanks kingofskiffle

Comment

• Hi, just been going through some of the early charts. Firstly, onchart of 8th August 1959 positions 17,19 & 20 are missing. Secondly, 16th January 1960 & 30th January 1960 both have new entries by Little Tony, Ton Good & Too Good. Same song I think. BTW, can you post or pm the Record Mirror singles chart up to the time they corresponded to Record Retailer Charts if you have them. Looking back at all these charts is great, it's so nice to see so many people interested in the charts. Keep up the brill work.
                        Keep the fire burning like the first time feeling

Comment

• Sorry about that. At the time, In didn't have the missing strike charts. Now I do :-), thanks to Alan Smith.

Here they are, plus a few weeks around them. I might post the Record Mirror ones, but that would be after the Albums are finished.

Week Ending 6 June 1959

1 ( 1 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 7 Wks
                          2 ( 2 ) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 14 Wks
                          3 ( 3 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 8 Wks
                          4 ( 5 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 3 Wks
                          5 ( 4 ) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 16 Wks
                          6 ( 7 ) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 6 Wks
                          7 ( 8 ) Never Mind / Mean Streak (By Cliff Richard) 5 Wks
                          8 ( 6 ) Donna (By Marty Wilde) 10 Wks
                          9 ( 9 ) Come Softly To Me (By Fleetwoods) 7 Wks
                          10 ( 10) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 5 Wks
                          11 ( 11) Petite Fleur (By Chris Barber) 16 Wks
                          12 ( 17) Guitar Boogie Shuffle (By Bert Weedon) 3 Wks
                          13 ( 12) Come Softly To Me (By Frankie Vaughan) 5 Wks
                          14 ( 14) Idle On Parade (By Anthony Newley) 3 Wks
                          15 ( NE) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 1 Wk
                          16 ( 13) Fort Worth Jail (By Lonnie Donegan) 5 Wks
                          17 ( 18) Where Were You (By Lloyd Price) 2 Wks
                          18 ( 15) May You Always (By McGuire Sisters) 4 Wks
                          19 ( 16) Charlie Brown (By Coasters) 10 Wks
                          20 ( 19) C'mon Everybody (By Eddie Cochran) 11 Wks

Week Ending 13 June 1959

1 ( 1 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 8 Wks
                          2 ( 3 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 9 Wks
                          3 ( 4 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 4 Wks
                          4 ( 2 ) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 15 Wks
                          5 ( 7 ) Never Mind / Mean Streak (By Cliff Richard) 6 Wks
                          6 ( 10) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 6 Wks
                          7 ( 5 ) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 17 Wks
                          8 ( 6 ) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 7 Wks
                          9 ( 8 ) Donna (By Marty Wilde) 11 Wks
                          10 ( NE) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 1 Wk
                          11 ( 15) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 2 Wks
                          12 ( 11) Petite Fleur (By Chris Barber) 17 Wks
                          13 ( 13) Come Softly To Me (By Frankie Vaughan) 6 Wks
                          14 ( NE) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 1 Wk
                          15 ( NE) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 1 Wk
                          16 ( 9 ) Come Softly To Me (By Fleetwoods) 8 Wks
                          17 ( 17) Where Were You (By Lloyd Price) 3 Wks
                          18 ( 12) Guitar Boogie Shuffle (By Bert Weedon) 4 Wks
                          19 ( 14) Idle On Parade (By Anthony Newley) 4 Wks
                          20 ( NE) May You Always (By Joan Regan) 1 Wk

Week Ending 20 June 1959

1 ( 3 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 5 Wks
                          2 ( 1 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 9 Wks
                          3 ( 2 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 10 Wks
                          4 ( 4 ) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 16 Wks
                          5 ( 10) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 2 Wks
                          6 ( 6 ) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 7 Wks
                          7 ( 15) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 2 Wks
                          8 ( 7 ) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 18 Wks
                          9 ( 8 ) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 8 Wks
                          10 ( 5 ) Never Mind / Mean Streak (By Cliff Richard) 7 Wks
                          11 ( 11) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 3 Wks
                          12 ( 14) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 2 Wks
                          13 ( 9 ) Donna (By Marty Wilde) 12 Wks
                          14 ( 18) Guitar Boogie Shuffle (By Bert Weedon) 5 Wks
                          15 ( NE) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 1 Wk
                          16 ( NE) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 1 Wk
                          17 ( 12) Petite Fleur (By Chris Barber) 18 Wks
                          18 ( 20) May You Always (By Joan Regan) 2 Wks
                          19 ( 13) Come Softly To Me (By Frankie Vaughan) 7 Wks
                          20 ( 17) Where Were You (By Lloyd Price) 4 Wks

Week Ending 27 June 1959

1 ( 1 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 6 Wks
                          2 ( 5 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 3 Wks
                          3 ( 3 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 11 Wks
                          4 ( 2 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 10 Wks
                          5 ( 7 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 3 Wks
                          6 ( 6 ) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 8 Wks
                          7 ( 4 ) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 17 Wks
                          8 ( 12) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 3 Wks
                          9 ( 11) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 4 Wks
                          10 ( 8 ) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 19 Wks
                          11 ( 15) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 2 Wks
                          12 ( NE) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 1 Wk
                          13 ( NE) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 1 Wk
                          14 ( 9 ) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 9 Wks
                          15 ( 16) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 2 Wks
                          16 ( 14) Guitar Boogie Shuffle (By Bert Weedon) 6 Wks
                          17 ( 10) Never Mind / Mean Streak (By Cliff Richard) 8 Wks
                          18 ( 13) Donna (By Marty Wilde) 13 Wks
                          19 ( NE) Personality (By Lloyd Price) 1 Wk
                          20 ( NE) A Teenager In Love (By Craig Douglas) 1 Wk

Week Ending 4 July 1959

1 ( 2 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 4 Wks
                          2 ( 1 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 7 Wks
                          3 ( 13) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 2 Wks
                          4 ( 5 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 4 Wks
                          5 ( 4 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 11 Wks
                          6 ( 3 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 12 Wks
                          7 ( 6 ) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 9 Wks
                          8 ( 8 ) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 4 Wks
                          9 ( 9 ) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 5 Wks
                          10 ( 12) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 2 Wks
                          11 ( 7 ) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 18 Wks
                          12 ( 10) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 20 Wks
                          13 ( 15) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 3 Wks
                          14 ( 14) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 10 Wks
                          15 ( 19) Personality (By Lloyd Price) 2 Wks
                          16 ( 11) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 3 Wks
                          17 ( 20) A Teenager In Love (By Craig Douglas) 2 Wks
                          18 ( RE) May You Always (By Joan Regan) 3 Wks
                          19 ( 17) Never Mind / Mean Streak (By Cliff Richard) 9 Wks
                          20 ( 16) Guitar Boogie Shuffle (By Bert Weedon) 7 Wks

Week Ending 11 July 1959

1 ( 1 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 5 Wks
                          2 ( 3 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 3 Wks
                          3 ( 5 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 12 Wks
                          4 ( 2 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 8 Wks
                          5 ( 9 ) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 6 Wks
                          6 ( 4 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 5 Wks
                          7 ( 8 ) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 5 Wks
                          8 ( 10) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 3 Wks
                          9 ( 6 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 13 Wks
                          10 ( 7 ) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 10 Wks
                          11 ( 15) Personality (By Lloyd Price) 3 Wks
                          12 ( 13) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 4 Wks
                          13 ( 17) A Teenager In Love (By Craig Douglas) 3 Wks
                          14 ( 16) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 4 Wks
                          15 ( NE) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 1 Wk
                          16 ( 11) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 19 Wks
                          17 ( 18) May You Always (By Joan Regan) 4 Wks
                          18 ( 12) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 21 Wks
                          19 ( NE) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 1 Wk
                          20 ( 14) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 11 Wks

Week Ending 18 July 1959

1 ( 1 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 6 Wks
                          2 ( 2 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 4 Wks
                          3 ( 6 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 6 Wks
                          4 ( 4 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 9 Wks
                          5 ( 9 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 14 Wks
                          6 ( 10) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 11 Wks
                          7 ( 19) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 2 Wks
                          8 ( 8 ) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 4 Wks
                          9 ( 12) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 5 Wks
                          10 ( 7 ) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 6 Wks
                          11 ( 3 ) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 13 Wks
                          12 ( 14) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 5 Wks
                          13 ( 15) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 2 Wks
                          14 ( 5 ) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 7 Wks
                          15 ( 18) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 22 Wks
                          16 ( 13) A Teenager In Love (By Craig Douglas) 4 Wks
                          17 ( 16) It Doesn't Matter Any More (By Buddy Holly) 20 Wks
                          18 ( 20) I Go Ape (By Neil Sedaka) 12 Wks
                          19 ( 11) Personality (By Lloyd Price) 4 Wks
                          20 ( NE) Please Don't Touch (By Johnny Kidd) 1 Wk

Week Ending 25 July 1959

1 ( 1 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 7 Wks
                          2 ( 2 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 5 Wks
                          3 ( 7 ) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 3 Wks
                          4 ( 3 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 7 Wks
                          5 ( 4 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 10 Wks
                          6 ( 8 ) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 5 Wks
                          7 ( 13) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 3 Wks
                          8 ( 5 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 15 Wks
                          9 ( NE) Big Hunk O' Love (By Elvis Presley) 1 Wk
                          10 ( 12) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 6 Wks
                          11 ( 9 ) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 6 Wks
                          12 ( 14) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 8 Wks
                          13 ( 11) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 14 Wks
                          14 ( 6 ) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 12 Wks
                          15 ( 10) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 7 Wks
                          16 ( RE) May You Always (By Joan Regan) 5 Wks
                          17 ( 15) Side Saddle (By Russ Conway) 23 Wks
                          18 ( 16) A Teenager In Love (By Craig Douglas) 5 Wks
                          19 ( 19) Personality (By Lloyd Price) 5 Wks
                          20 ( 20) Please Don't Touch (By Johnny Kidd) 2 Wks

Week Ending 1 August 1959

1 ( 1 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 8 Wks
                          2 ( 3 ) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 4 Wks
                          3 ( 2 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 6 Wks
                          4 ( 9 ) Big Hunk O' Love (By Elvis Presley) 2 Wks
                          5 ( 4 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 8 Wks
                          6 ( 7 ) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 4 Wks
                          7 ( 5 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 11 Wks
                          8 ( 6 ) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 6 Wks
                          9 ( 10) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 7 Wks
                          10 ( 11) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 7 Wks
                          11 ( 8 ) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 16 Wks
                          12 ( 14) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 13 Wks
                          13 ( 12) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 9 Wks
                          14 ( NE) Lonely Boy (By Paul Anka) 1 Wk
                          15 ( 15) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 8 Wks
                          16 ( NE) Heart Of A Man (By Frankie Vaughan) 1 Wk
                          17 ( 13) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 15 Wks
                          18 ( NE) For A Penny (By Pat Boone) 1 Wk
                          19 ( 20) Please Don't Touch (By Johnny Kidd) 3 Wks
                          20 ( 18) A Teenager In Love (By Craig Douglas) 6 Wks

Week Ending 8 August 1959

1 ( 2 ) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 5 Wks
                          2 ( 1 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 9 Wks
                          3 ( 3 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 7 Wks
                          4 ( 4 ) Big Hunk O' Love (By Elvis Presley) 3 Wks
                          5 ( 5 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 9 Wks
                          6 ( 6 ) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 5 Wks
                          7 ( 7 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 12 Wks
                          8 ( 8 ) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 7 Wks
                          9 ( 9 ) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 8 Wks
                          10 ( 11) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 17 Wks
                          11 ( NE) Ragtime Cowboy Joe (By David Seville and the Chipmunks) 1 Wk
                          12 ( 10) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 8 Wks
                          13 ( 13) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 10 Wks
                          14 ( 14) Lonely Boy (By Paul Anka) 2 Wks
                          15 ( 16) Heart Of A Man (By Frankie Vaughan) 2 Wks
                          16 ( 15) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 9 Wks
                          17 ( 12) I've Waited So Long (By Anthony Newley) 14 Wks
                          18 ( NE) I Know (By Perry Como) 1 Wk
                          19 ( 17) A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight (By Elvis Presley) 16 Wks
                          20 ( NE) Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home) (By Impalas) 1 Wk

Week Ending 15 August 1959

1 ( 1 ) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 6 Wks
                          2 ( 3 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 8 Wks
                          3 ( 2 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 10 Wks
                          4 ( 6 ) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 6 Wks
                          5 ( 4 ) Big Hunk O' Love (By Elvis Presley) 4 Wks
                          6 ( 5 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 10 Wks
                          7 ( 14) Lonely Boy (By Paul Anka) 3 Wks
                          8 ( 7 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 13 Wks
                          9 ( 8 ) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 8 Wks
                          10 ( 15) Heart Of A Man (By Frankie Vaughan) 3 Wks
                          11 ( 12) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 9 Wks
                          12 ( 11) Ragtime Cowboy Joe (By David Seville and the Chipmunks) 2 Wks
                          13 ( 10) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 18 Wks
                          14 ( 13) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 11 Wks
                          15 ( 9 ) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 9 Wks
                          16 ( 18) I Know (By Perry Como) 2 Wks
                          17 ( NE) Someone (By Johnny Mathis) 1 Wk
                          18 ( NE) Twixt Twelve And Twenty (By Pat Boone) 1 Wk
                          19 ( RE) Personality (By Lloyd Price) 6 Wks
                          20 ( 16) Three Stars (By Ruby Wright) 10 Wks

Week Ending 22 August 1959

1 ( 1 ) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 7 Wks
                          2 ( 3 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 11 Wks
                          3 ( 4 ) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 7 Wks
                          4 ( 2 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 9 Wks
                          5 ( 7 ) Lonely Boy (By Paul Anka) 4 Wks
                          6 ( NE) Only Sixteen (By Craig Douglas) 1 Wk
                          7 ( 6 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 11 Wks
                          8 ( 8 ) Roulette (By Russ Conway) 14 Wks
                          9 ( 5 ) Big Hunk O' Love (By Elvis Presley) 5 Wks
                          10 ( 10) Heart Of A Man (By Frankie Vaughan) 4 Wks
                          11 ( 9 ) Peter Gunn / Yep! (By Duane Eddy) 9 Wks
                          12 ( 13) It's Late / Never Be Anyone Else But You (By Ricky Nelson) 19 Wks
                          13 ( 16) I Know (By Perry Como) 3 Wks
                          14 ( 11) Personality (By Anthony Newley) 10 Wks
                          15 ( 12) Ragtime Cowboy Joe (By David Seville and the Chipmunks) 3 Wks
                          16 ( 15) Goodbye, Jimmy, Goodbye (By Ruby Murray) 10 Wks
                          17 ( 17) Someone (By Johnny Mathis) 2 Wks
                          18 ( 18) Twixt Twelve And Twenty (By Pat Boone) 2 Wks
                          19 ( 14) Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny (By Everly Brothers) 12 Wks
                          20 ( NE) Tallahassie Lassie (By Freddy Cannon) 1 Wk

Week Ending 29 August 1959

1 ( 1 ) Living Doll (By Cliff Richard And The Drifters) 8 Wks
                          2 ( 6 ) Only Sixteen (By Craig Douglas) 2 Wks
                          3 ( 5 ) Lonely Boy (By Paul Anka) 5 Wks
                          4 ( 4 ) Battle Of New Orleans (By Lonnie Donegan) 10 Wks
                          5 ( 3 ) Lipstick On Your Collar (By Connie Francis) 8 Wks
                          6 ( 2 ) Dream Lover (By Bobby Darin) 12 Wks
                          7 ( 10) Heart Of A Man (By Frankie Vaughan) 5 Wks
                          8 ( 9 ) Big Hunk O' Love (By Elvis Presley) 6 Wks
                          9 ( 7 ) A Teenager In Love (By Marty Wilde) 12 Wks
                          10 ( NE) China Tea (By Russ Conway) 1 Wk
                          [color=blue][b][size=large:f8865c6f

Comment

• Great to see these album charts, despite their brief run. I have spotted a few errors whilst going through. For example, how did Fresh Cream by Cream chart twice on 21 January 1967 chart at positions 6 and 8. I think number 8 was occupied by another album but which one. Also on 21 May 1966, the previous weeks positon of Beatles 'Rubber Soul' was 3 and not 7. On 28 May 1966, Mantovani re-entered the chart as week 3 and not week 2. Similarly on 18 June 1966, Mantovani re-entered as week 4 and not 3. On 23rd July 1966, Cilla Black previous week position should be 10. On 30 July 1966, Soul Album is actually by Otis Redding and not Various. On 24 September 1966, Herb Alpert album was a re-entry and wk 3 on the chart therefore. Similarly on 1st October and 8th October as week 4 and 5 not 2 and 3! Again on 22nd, 29th October and 5th November should be weeks 6, 7 and 8 and not 4, 5 and 6! Again on 12th November to 10 December 1966 inclusive as weeks 9 to 13. On 17 December 1966, Geno Washington album is actually 'Hand Clappin' Foot Stompin'' which indeed was a Live Album. On 24th and 31st December 1966, Mrs. Mills album is titled 'Come To My Party'. From 14th January 1967 to 25th March 1967 the Geno Washington album was firstly a re-entry and week numbers are incorrect by a week. On 4th and 11th March 1967, Herb Alpert album should have 14 and 15 weeks. On 6th May 1967, Cat Stevens album is a re-entry and should 2 weeks. Similary on 20th May, re-entry and 3 weeks. From 10th June to 29 July 1967, Engelbert Humperdinck album should be re-entry a week added in each case. I am not picking fault with this chart data, as it is brilliant. If you can come back with the answer to that chart entry on 21st January regarding Cream being twice on this chart, I can e-mail you a document I have just been working on listing all chart runs and acts from these. Many thanks.

Comment

• Announcing the launch of the Disc Singles and Albums chart book.

This book has the important information you always wanted to see for each charted record:-

* B-Side
                              * Full Composer Credits
                              * Song Duration
                              * The Ones To Watch appear for the first time in all new research!
                              * Every Re-entry shown with entry date, peak and weeks
                              * Full track listing, in the correct order, for each EP and LP below it's entry
                              * Full Track listing is searchable and presented in order at the end of the LP section.
                              * See the single LP NOT to make the Official UK Album Chart but that DID make the Disc Album Chart!

Together with the usual information such as entry date, label and catalogue number.

Don't miss adding this much sought after chart collection to your archive.
                              PDF download - 10 - bought from thechartbook.co.uk
                              177 stunning pages in full colour
                              Check out the sample pages!

Sample pages here - http://thechartbook.co.uk/onewebmedi...isc_Sample.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X