Amerie :: Touch
    AA2000

Beyonce :: Dangerously In Love
    AA15510
    AB10000

S Club 7 :: BEST
    AB600

^^ credit to my boyf, he helped me with his own cds on thsi research

BTW, I'm sure Beyonce had a at least another set of copies made, I'm sure it went till AC

Comment

Originally posted by askew
      This is very interesting. It's nice to finally have some information on Brazil's sales.

I know Shakira doesn't sell very well in Brazil any longer, but it is possible to get this information for Fijacion Oral Vol. 1 and Oral Fixation Vol. 2?
      Actually, Shakira still sells quite decently here... not GOLD level, but not a huge flop lol I only got "Fijacion Oral vol.1" code wich is AA25600. I already saw the code for OF2 but I'm not sure now, I just remember it wasn't too diferent from FO1!

I edited once more the thread with many many more codes

VERY IMPRESSIVE initial shipments for Marisa Monte - for those who doesn't know, she's one of the best (if not THE best) selling female artist in Brasil. The critics love her always, and so the public too. After 6 years without releasing a solo album (her last one achieved sales of more than 1M copies), she released 2 albums - "Infinito particular" and "Universo ao meu redor" - both album have shipped 300,000 copies EACH (already 2x Platinum)! and they where just released on last March 10th!

also, to Edimes... I found just 2 albums of Kraftwerk here - "Minimum maximum" and "Trans Euro Express", both AA1500
      Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Automatic, I went to a cd store today and took some time to check these things out.
        Ana Carolina - Perfil (I saw 2 different ones: AZ15000 and BA8000)
        Madonna - COAF (AD20000)

Those are the only ones I can remember for now.
        Damn, I should've taken pics with my cellphone. silly me.

anyway, I bought 2 new ones:
        Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten (AA2000)
        Gwen Stefani - Love.Angel.Music.Baby (AB8000)
        don't hate me because I'm handsome.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomaticBR
          also, to Edimes... I found just 2 albums of Kraftwerk here - "Minimum maximum" and "Trans Euro Express", both AA1500
          Thanx for the Info :-)
          "Trans Europe Express" AA1500 seems to be a reissue, because it was originally released 1977 as LP and 1998 first time on CD in Brazil.

Greetz :-)
          Eddy

Comment

I checked my version of Life For rent and it is AAD10000, and not AAA10000 like I said. There is another edition which is 2k but I don´t remember the letters, so the total so far is 52k. Here are some others:

Dido - Life for rent AAD10000
            Anastacia - Not That Kind AAF1500 (released in 2000, if I´m not mistaken, so not all sales counted).
            Faithless - Forever faithless (GH) AAA2000
            Sixpence None The Richer - Divine Discontented AAA1000(released in 2002, this album was released simultaneously by 2 labels, Sony and Bom Pastor, if I´m not mistaken, the version I have is from Bom Pastor, and probably counts separetely).

Comment

Originally posted by brunocorr
              Automatic, I went to a cd store today and took some time to check these things out.
              Ana Carolina - Perfil (I saw 2 different ones: AZ15000 and BA8000)
              Madonna - COAF (AD20000)

Those are the only ones I can remember for now.
              Damn, I should've taken pics with my cellphone. silly me.

anyway, I bought 2 new ones:
              Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten (AA2000)
              Gwen Stefani - Love.Angel.Music.Baby (AB8000)
              WOW! This is the first time I read about an AZ or BA album but it's no surprise... Ana Carolina's "Perfil" is her best-selling album, already certified DIAMOND by ABPD for 500,000 copies shipped and as we can see, the codes are small wich means they shipped many many times to get to this great 500k total!

Also very nice to see Madonna's COAD already at AD20, I think this album will eventually go Platinum (125k).

AND, last but not least, thanks a lot for the Gwen Stefani figure specially cuz I was looking for that one for a long time!

Originally posted by Edimes
              Thanx for the Info :-)
              "Trans Europe Express" AA1500 seems to be a reissue, because it was originally released 1977 as LP and 1998 first time on CD in Brazil.

Greetz :-)
              Eddy
              As those codes are only for CD's made since mid-2003, it doesn't take into account the sales before that. It's not like a reissue (wich would be a new version of the album), but yes a new shipment, maybe cuz they released a new album not that long ago, right? the same happened with Massive Attack's "Mezzanine" - the album has an AA1000 version, even tough it was first released in 1998. That certainly happened bcuz they released a new album in 2003 and then a soundtrack 2005. The new releases always make some people look to the artist's old releases

Originally posted by joao
              I checked my version of Life For rent and it is AAD10000, and not AAA10000 like I said. There is another edition which is 2k but I don´t remember the letters, so the total so far is 52k. Here are some others:

Dido - Life for rent AAD10000
              Anastacia - Not That Kind AAF1500 (released in 2000, if I´m not mistaken, so not all sales counted).
              Faithless - Forever faithless (GH) AAA2000
              Sixpence None The Richer - Divine Discontented AAA1000(released in 2002, this album was released simultaneously by 2 labels, Sony and Bom Pastor, if I´m not mistaken, the version I have is from Bom Pastor, and probably counts separetely).
              weird to have an album released simultaneously by 2 labels :-? maybe the album was released in 2002 by Sony and then, after 2003, when the codes started, by Bom Pastor?
              Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Been today at FNAC and saw a lot of codes aswell, but I didnt really got all in my head now sorry

As u said AutomaticBR, t.A.T.u got another shipment, I saw it today, still much lower than I could ever think of as they came by to promote and the album was on the Folha de SP best selling list for a while. I saw today AB3000 =S so all together they have just 5.000 copies shipped, I expected more

I also saw Ana Carolina's BA8000 and I was but she is HUGE here so its ok. I also so Madonna's AD one today, also saw Hillary Duff which is AA5000 and Jesse Mcartney (dont know his name properly) and he is AA2500

Comment

TATU´s album is a miserable seller in Brazil, considering the video for All About Us was on heavy rotation a few months ago on MTV and Multishow and the song itself got decent airplay, it´s a total disaster. The Folha de São Paulo chart probably should be fake or it took in acount only a few stores, I remember when it was posted here it featured Bjork´s Selma Songs in the Top 10, which is a definitive proof that it´s completely out of reality.

Here are a few more I found in my house:
                  The Darkness - Permission To Land AB3.000
                  Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death AC8.000
                  Evanescence - Fallen AI20.000 (this must have been a monster seller...)
                  Ian Van Dahl - ACE AA4.000
                  Faithless - No Roots AA2.000
                  Kosheen - Kokopelli AA2.000
                  Moby - Play AC2.000
                  (I put points to avoid mistakes).

Comment

Just on comment, I guess this thread confirms that the ABPD certifications on their website are mostly right... People were complaining that certifications for their favourite artists were much lower then their supost sales, but looking at the shipment numbers on Beyonce, J-Lo and Desitny´s Child CD´s, it´s pretty clear that pure pop artists can hardly sell 50,000 copies of their albums in Brazil, and those certifications on the Hot 100 Brasil site (just like the chart itself) were completely fake... People were also complaining that Mariah Carey´s TEOM was undercertified but looking at her shipment numbers, it´s really not so exciting to believe it is 3xplatinum like the Hot 100 Brasil displayed, and all those solo spice girls and tatu really have small shipments, unlike her fans wanted to convince everybody that they were massive sellers. TATU really visited Brazil, but their visit was almost unnoticed, so it didn´t help their sales.

Comment

Just on comment, I guess this thread confirms that the ABPD certifications on their website are mostly right...
                      You are wrong, this database is BS, the major part of certifications are missing.
                      25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

Originally posted by MJDangerous
                        Just on comment, I guess this thread confirms that the ABPD certifications on their website are mostly right...
                        You are wrong, this database is BS, the major part of certifications are missing.
                        BS=?
                        can you give us examples, not talking about 80´s and 90´s releases of course?

Comment

GREAT idea!

The Beatles, 1 AU1000
                          Coldplay, A Rush Of Blood To The Head AR7000
                          Coldplay, Live 2003 (CD/DVD) AF3000
                          Gorillaz, Demon Days AF5000
                          Green Day, American Idiot AF20000
                          Green Day, Bullet In A Bible (CD/DVD) AA25000
                          Los Hermanos, Los Hermanos AF1000
                          Los Hermanos, Bloco Do Eu Sozinho AN1000
                          Los Hermanos, Ventura AJ4000
                          Los Hermanos, 4 AA40000
                          Los Hermanos Ao Vivo no Cine Íris (DVD) AA10000
                          Maroon5, Songs About Jane AA3000
                          The Killers, Hot Fuss AB8000
                          System Of A Down, Toxicity AJ2000

I don't have scans of them...
                          but you can trust me
                          don't act like I never told ya!

Comment

BS=?
                            Bullshit...

Here a few Brazilian certifications :

Andrea Bocelli - Sogno : 2xPlatinum
                            Enya - A Day Without Rain : Gold
                            Eros Ramazzotti - Stile Libero : Gold
                            U2 - ATYCLB : 3xPlatinum
                            Laura Pausini - Tra Te E Il Mare : Gold

Check the ABPD site to see how many of them are in it... 1 (Enya) in 5...

I know also for sure that "Invincible" by MJ is Gold, in 6 "sure" certifications only 1 is in the ABPD database, this can give you an idea about how comprehensive this database is.

Comment

BS=?
                              Bullshit...

Eros Ramazzotti - ? : Gold

Check the ABPD site to see how many of them are in it...
                              These are all old items, the ABPD site didn´t even exist when they were released. Talk about current albums, their certifications seems to fit perfectly with the estimations we make from shipments, even Enya´s new album is already gold (promotion = zero), so I supposed A Day Without Rain must have sold thrillions... A lot of people are disapointed because Jennifer Lopez and Destiny´s Child last albums were not certified, because their singles were played to death on MTV and pop radios, but their certifications are not missing on ABPD, they simply don´t exist, as their poor shipments prove, not all the promotion in the world would make these "artists" get a certification in Brazil, while other artists that are mostly unpromoted (talk about Enya again) have shipped gold right from the start.

Comment

BS=?
                                Bullshit...

These are all old items, the ABPD site didn´t even exist when they were released. Talk about current albums, their certifications seems to fit perfectly with the estimations we make from shipments, even Enya´s new album is already gold (promotion = zero), so I supposed A Day Without Rain must have sold thrillions... A lot of people are disapointed because Jennifer Lopez and Destiny´s Child last albums were not certified, because their singles were played to death on MTV and pop radios, but their certifications are not missing on ABPD, they simply don´t exist, as their poor shipments prove, not all the promotion in the world would make these "artists" get a certification in Brazil, while other artists that are mostly unpromoted (talk about Enya again) have shipped gold right from the start.
                                Old items, are you kidding ?!? They are barely 5 years old ! If this database is crap already for 5 years old albums, so it is USELESS and in fact MANY albums are missing.
                                I read nowhere in their site that the database is supposed to be correct only for 6 months old albums

Comment

[quote=MJDangerous]
                                  Originally posted by "joao":2leg486l
                                  BS=?
                                  Bullshit...

Old items, are you kidding ?!? They are barely 5 years old ! If this database is crap already for 5 years old albums, so it is USELESS and in fact MANY albums are missing.
                                  I read nowhere in their site that the database is supposed to be correct only for 6 months old albums [/quote:2leg486l]

Shipments have started to be tracked seriously in Brazil after 2003... Before that, there were no codes in the records, and the main source of piracy was labels themselves. The number of records they declared to be sold was usually less then the actual amount, because they wanted to pay less tributes. You don´t have an idea why the major labels got furious when the CD numeration started in Brazil? Same situation for DVDs and books. In resume, before 2003 everything was messed. And talk seriously, 1999 and 2000 for Brazil are equivalent to 1945 to USA, which means, no chance to get trustable data. The ABPD website was made mainly to show the new certifications every month, the database for old certifications is just a complement.

Comment

Also, we can easily see that many records are undercertified in Brasil lol but like Joao said, things are only getting "serious" since 2003!

btw, thanks for all the new codes posted guys, I'll update the thread soon ;)
                                    Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Shakira - Oral Fixation Vol. 2 - AA 15.000
                                      Shania Twain - Greatest Hits - AA 25.000
                                      The Offspring - Greatest Hits - AA 11.300
                                      Santana - All That I Am - AA 30.000
                                      Silverchair - Neon Ballroon - AF 4.000
                                      Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk - AC 5.000
                                      Malhação Internacional (2003) - AA 120.000

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic
                                        Shakira - Oral Fixation Vol. 2 - AA 15.000
                                        Shania Twain - Greatest Hits - AA 25.000
                                        The Offspring - Greatest Hits - AA 11.300
                                        Santana - All That I Am - AA 30.000
                                        Silverchair - Neon Ballroon - AF 4.000
                                        Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk - AC 5.000
                                        Malhação Internacional (2003) - AA 120.000
                                        I was really looking for Shakira's number! Thanks buddy ;)
                                        Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

some more for Iron Maiden :

Somewhere In Time: AI002000
                                          Piece Of Mind: AE001000
                                          Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: AE001000
                                          Dance on the road AA0010000

And also

Quensryche - Operation Midcrime I : AA001000

Comment

someone has information for queen greatest 1 and queen greatest hits 2

Comment

I have a new one, for Ana Carolina e Seu Jorge DVD
                                              AB20.000 (quite impressive)

Automatic, que tal vc colocar o link pra esse tópico na sua assinatura? é mais uma maneira para nós a encontrarmos xD

Comment

Automatic, que tal vc colocar o link pra esse tópico na sua assinatura? é mais uma maneira para nós a encontrarmos xD
                                                boa idéia, vou por agora

btw... tem MSN? me add!
                                                Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

more

Maria Rita, Segundo AA205000
                                                  Red Hot Chili Peppers, Greatest Hits AB50000
                                                  Blink 182, Greatest Hits AA30000
                                                  Shakira, Fijación Oral AA25600
                                                  System Of A Down, Hypnotize AA25000
                                                  You Could Have It So Much Better, Franz Ferdinand AA10000
                                                  Green Day, American Idiot AL5000
                                                  don't act like I never told ya!

Comment

any info on Oasis

like morning glory etc.
                                                    I'm mad fer it!

Comment

boa idéia, vou por agora

btw... tem MSN? me add!
                                                      tá adicionado! *tô adorando falar português aqui hahaha*

I'll go to the shopping mall tomorrow and I'll make sure I write down some other info.

Comment

boa idéia, vou por agora

btw... tem MSN? me add!
                                                        tá adicionado! *tô adorando falar português aqui hahaha*

I'll go to the shopping mall tomorrow and I'll make sure I write down some other info.
                                                        já vi gente falando frances, polones e o escambal aqui e eu sem entender, agora é nossa vingança ahauahhahahahuhau
                                                        Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Posso participar também? Mas eu me sinto estranho falando português aqui.

Comment

Posso participar também? Mas eu me sinto estranho falando português aqui.
                                                            pode participar sim mas se tu se sente estranho... vai catar uns codigos em algumas lojas pro topico! ehehehe
                                                            Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Originally posted by strongersp
                                                              more

Maria Rita, Segundo AA205000
                                                              Red Hot Chili Peppers, Greatest Hits AB50000
                                                              Blink 182, Greatest Hits AA30000
                                                              Shakira, Fijación Oral AA25600
                                                              System Of A Down, Hypnotize AA25000
                                                              You Could Have It So Much Better, Franz Ferdinand AA10000
                                                              Green Day, American Idiot AL5000
                                                              thank you much for those!

but I have 2 lil' questions

Franz Ferdinand's album is the version with DVD?
                                                              and the RHCP one... is it with DVD too? cuz I found an AA22000 code for the version with DVD, weird to have AB50!
                                                              Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Working...
                                                              X