Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Charts 1994-96

Coming at the end of the week......

When combined with the other "3 year" threads this should give as much information as we know about the Irish singles charts between 1979 and 1999. Full charts from January 2000 onwards can be found on the Chart Track site --> www.chart-track.com

Looking forward to it
    The 65th Beatle

Comment

I'm looking forward to it too!

1988 to 1990 is still to be done - although it has been started off within the "80's archive" thread. I can now provide corrections for these years - or indeed post full weeks if your information is very incomplete - once I get to the end of 1981 and the end of 1984.

And at some stage we can pull together the 1985 to 1987 charts into one handy thread in the right order!!

Counting down this week - the UKMixParade Top 200 of 2019

Comment

I can't seem to find the info anywhere. Has it been posted yet (Irish chart 1994-1996)??
        --
        André

Comment

Originally posted by mtl2la
          I can't seem to find the info anywhere. Has it been posted yet (Irish chart 1994-1996)??
          It will be posted in this very thread! As I explained in one of the other threads I'm changing jobs at the moment and I haven't had a chance to do anything with the spreadsheet.

Comment

How's the database coming along Shaky? Your contributions are being sorely missed
            The 65th Beatle

Comment

Things have ground to a halt! As I think I mentioned elsewhere I changed jobs at the start of April and have been on a training course since that. Hopefully things should get more or less back to normal in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Hello Shakyfan,
                Those Irish chart archive threads were among the best ever posted here! Do you have news about continuing with this 94-96 thread, to complete the whole archive? I'm looking forward to see it!!
                Regards,
                cavefan

Comment

Thanks for finding this thread!

What with one thing and another I haven't had as much time on the computer recently as I would have liked. But the good news is that I restarted the spreadsheet last night. So bear with me and I will DEFINITELY start posting them in the next couple of days.

Comment

Shakyfan,
                    could you post Celine Dion charts?
                    (singles & albums chartruns if possible)

Thank you,
                    J.
                    Celine Dion - Ashes from Deadpool 2 (Music Video)

Comment

Singles chart runs for Celine Dion in Ireland - excluding 1994-1996, which Shakyfan will be posting on this thread in due course - were as follows:

1991:
                      WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW 28 13

1992:
                      BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 28 22 15 12 14 19 26

1994:
                      THE POWER OF LOVE
                      THINK TWICE

1995:
                      ONLY ONE ROAD
                      TU M'AIMES ENCORE

1996:
                      FALLING INTO YOU
                      BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME
                      IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
                      ALL BY MYSELF

1997:
                      CALL THE MAN 13 9 8 9 12 21 25 24 29 34
                      TELL HIM 2 3 4 6 6 6 7 7 11 17 27 36 39

1998:
                      MY HEART WILL GO ON 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 6 10 13 13 13 21 31 32 37 38
                      IMMORTALITY 16 18 11 11 13 15 18 17 22 22 20 32 32 37
                      I'M YOUR ANGEL 19 13 8 8 12 14 14 15 14 22 25 29

1999:
                      THAT'S THE WAY IT IS 15 12 15 17 18 17 15 17 21 20 27 38

2000:
                      THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE 39 32

2002:
                      A NEW DAY HAS COME 10 11 10 14 12 16 20 24 32 45
                      I'M ALIVE 22 24 25 31 41 43
                      GOODBYE'S (THE SADDEST WORD) 42 42 49

2003:
                      ONE HEART 30 44 49

Comment

Originally posted by CZB
                        Singles chart runs for Celine Dion in Ireland - excluding 1994-1996, which Shakyfan will be posting on this thread in due course - were as follows:

1991:
                        WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW 28 13

1992:
                        BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 28 22 15 12 14 19 26

1994:
                        THE POWER OF LOVE
                        THINK TWICE

1995:
                        ONLY ONE ROAD
                        TU M'AIMES ENCORE

1996:
                        FALLING INTO YOU
                        BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME
                        IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
                        ALL BY MYSELF

1997:
                        CALL THE MAN 13 9 8 9 12 21 25 24 29 34
                        TELL HIM 2 3 4 6 6 6 7 7 11 17 27 36 39

1998:
                        MY HEART WILL GO ON 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 6 10 13 13 13 21 31 32 37 38
                        IMMORTALITY 16 18 11 11 13 15 18 17 22 22 20 32 32 37
                        I'M YOUR ANGEL 19 13 8 8 12 14 14 15 14 22 25 29

1999:
                        THAT'S THE WAY IT IS 15 12 15 17 18 17 15 17 21 20 27 38

2000:
                        THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE 39 32

2002:
                        A NEW DAY HAS COME 10 11 10 14 12 16 20 24 32 45
                        I'M ALIVE 22 24 25 31 41 43
                        GOODBYE'S (THE SADDEST WORD) 42 42 49

2003:
                        ONE HEART 30 44 49
                        Thank you CZB so much
                        Could you post 1994-96 singles? I hope Shakyfan wouldn't mind....

And could you add single The Reason from 1997 & Treat her like a lady from 1999?

By the way: now the chart is Top50, but how was it before? Do you have access to Top30 or Top40?

Comment

Originally posted by jeangrey
                          Thank you CZB so much
                          Could you post 1994-96 singles? I hope Shakyfan wouldn't mind....
                          I don't have any of the information for those years, I'm afraid. Only Shakyfan does.

And could you add single The Reason from 1997 & Treat her like a lady from 1999?
                          Oops! I missed these two out:

THE REASON 20 20 15 15 13 21 31 38

TREAT HER LIKE A LADY 40

By the way: now the chart is Top50, but how was it before? Do you have access to Top30 or Top40?
                          I'm not sure if any of us are yet convinced as to when the chart expanded from a Top 20 to a Top 30, from a Top 30 to a Top 40, or from a Top 40 to a Top 50. The earliest full top 50 on the internet is at:

http://www.chart-track.com/index.jsp?c= ... 000&week=1

and is for the first week of 2000. But it shows, for example, "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls as then being in the Top 50 for 52 weeks - and I only have it appearing 36 times in the Top 40 before this, from which I think it can be deduced that the Top 50 ran from at least the beginning of 1999, and quite possibly earlier? Shakyfan or beatlened may be able to give a better answer to this question, and on when the Top 30 first became a Top 40.

Between us, we have posted as complete Irish charts as we can here for 1979-1999 (except 1994-96), and I think the earliest complete Top 30 was from June 1979. But a Top 30 was definitely compiled from around the end of 1978 onwards - and I think beatlened's research revealed some similarly lengthy charts going back to around 1976?

The other Irish charts threads are here:

1979-1981: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32703

1982-1984: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32702

1985-1987: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35013

1988-1990: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33511

1991-1993: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31945

1997-1999: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31944

1959-1962: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32668

1976-1978: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33385

Comment

Thanks CZB, you helped me a lot!

I hope Shakyfan can post his charts between 1994-96 soon....

Comment

I presume that the Top 50 began in June 1992 when the chart compilation was taken over by Gallup?? (was it?). The Sunday World newspaper used to print the charts and often showed Last Week positions outside the top 30. The earliest I recorded was in January 1993 and someone else posted data from test charts compiled pre-June 1992 which also showed positions larger than 30. I've also posted a few Top 50s for December 1998 in the relevant thread. I got those from Irma. The Irish Charts website still only lists a Top 30. 2fm List a Top 40 and Chart-Track and Irma list a top 50.

What's the officially recognised chart length today? I would like to think it's the Top 50. But not all the top 50s may be considered official. Going by the sales figures that I have seen at the lower end of the top 50 those records listed really don't deserve to be considered "hits". I also don't know why Irma now publish a Top 100 albums charts because the albums at the bottom of that chart must be in double figures only. Even so, if a top 50 was compiled from 1992 I don't think that there ever was a "Top 40" as such as any Top 40 chart was just a shortened version of the bigger chart.

In any case, when these threads are complete eventually, I'd love to be able to find all those top 50s from 1992 on.

So - best guess:-
                              Oct 1962 (or Feb 1959) Top 10 begins
                              Dec 1966 Expanded to a Top 20
                              Jul 1976 Separate Top 20 and Irish Artists Top 10
                              Feb 1977 Reverts to Top 20
                              Dec 1978 Expanded to Top 30
                              Jun 1992 Expanded to Top 50

Some charts referred to by CZB above for 1975/77 showed "near misses" below the top 20 and these were often numbered in sequence, effectively giving a Top 30 / Top 15 for the main chart and the Irish artists chart.
                              The 65th Beatle

Comment

I haven't forgotten! And after a number of false starts I'm up to mid February. One slight problem though. One of the reasons this is taking a while to do is that for Jan - Apr 94 I only have Song Titles and positions but no artist details.

I may need some help with a few of these....

First up a new entry at 30 on the chart announced on 30th January 94. I have it as "The Essential (EP)" but have no idea who it was by. irishcharts.ie must list it by the lead song. It climbed to 29 the following week before leaving the Top 30.

Comment

Can someone please post the Irish charts from the year 2000?

Comment

As mentioned countless times before all charts from 2000 to date - singles, artist and compilations can be found at http://www.chart-track.com/index.jsp?c= ... /index.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by Shakyfan
                                      First up a new entry at 30 on the chart announced on 30th January 94. I have it as "The Essential (EP)" but have no idea who it was by. irishcharts.ie must list it by the lead song. It climbed to 29 the following week before leaving the Top 30.
                                      Could that be a re-re-entry of the EP by Naughty by Nature including Hip Hop Hooray? www.irishcharts.ie says that track re-entered twice, and its first re-entry seems to have been in the last chart of 1993.

Comment

It might be easier Shakyfan if u posted the charts that u have as you go along. That way some of us can see what's in the charts and what you've missed. I'm sure the dates u have don't correspond to the Irishcharts website so it makes it really hard to work out what it is. My best guess is the DISINFECTED E.P. by The The which charted on 20 Jan 94 for 3 weeks reaching #28, but maybe u already have this covered, I don't know! Irishcharts is easily searched by typing % in the search box and starting at around page 635 (this week at least). You won't miss anything they have
                                        The 65th Beatle

Comment

I have the The The single (if that makes sense!) Its chart run was 28-29-30 and ironically the week it was at 29 the Essential EP was 30. The 2 then swapped places. Tried that general search on irishcharts.ie but it produced nothing.

Not that it matters because CZB has supplied the answer! Looking back at the 93 charts I have used the EP title instead of Hip Hop Hooray so it is Naughty By Nature. Actually I believe I had the single on casette.....

Comment

And just to confirm it... a couple of seconds after hitting the post icon I went back to add the artist name to the spreadsheet and realised I have already entered it as simply "Essential (EP)" on the first chart in January.

Comment

This first chart is dated 30th December 1993 on the Irishcharts website. So maybe it belongs in the 1991-93 thread. It's one of the rare charts compiled over Christmas at that time. I'll post it here

All the charts I'll post here are taken from the Sunday World newspaper published (on Sundays naturally) and dated 3 days after the dates on the Irishcharts website. The charst were also broadcast on 2fm on Sundays. I'm using the website's dates (the Thursday before)

So first up as I said :- (Newspaper date 2nd January 1994)
                                              • 30-Dec-93
                                                TW LW Artist Title
                                                1 1 TAKE THAT - BABE
                                                2 4 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                3 2 U2 - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)
                                                4 ne PEARL JAM - DAUGHTER
                                                5 8 DINA CARROLL - PERFECT YEAR
                                                6 3 MEAT LOAF - I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON'T DO THAT)
                                                7 6 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                8 10 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                9 7 ELTON JOHN and KIKI DEE - TRUE LOVE
                                                10 12 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                11 11 JOE O'TOOLE & SKYE - WE'RE GOING TO AMERICA
                                                12 9 MR BLOBBY - MR BLOBBY
                                                13 13 THE GOODMEN - GIVE IT UP
                                                14 14 MARIAH CAREY - HERO
                                                15 15 SOUL ASYLUM - RUNAWAY TRAIN
                                                16 17 MEAT LOAF - BAT OUT OF HELL
                                                17 5 FINBAR WRIGHT and TERENCE (The Two Tenors) - SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
                                                18 23 ASLAN - CRAZY WORLD
                                                19 19 CYPRESS HILL - AIN'T GOIN' OUT LIKE THAT
                                                20 16 FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD - THE POWER OF LOVE
                                                21 22 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                22 ne HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                23 ne K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                24 27 MICHAEL JACKSON - GONE TOO SOON
                                                25 30 NAUGHTY BY NATURE - ESSENTIAL E.P.
                                                26 24 BLIND MELON - NO RAIN
                                                27 26 JANET JACKSON - AGAIN
                                                28 ne SAGAT - FUNK DAT
                                                29 18 CULTURE BEAT - GOT TO GET IT
                                                30 20 NIRVANA - ALL APOLOGIES/ RAPE ME

I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN by Frank Sinatra and Bono, a double a-side generally with U2's STAY, wasn't listed in the paper. As mentioned by CZB above, HIP HIP HOORAY is the title of the Naught By Nature hit listed on the Irishcharts website. It's listed there as reaching #23 for 3 weeks but appears to have peaked at #24 and spent 6 weeks on the charts in total
                                              The 65th Beatle

Comment

• 06-Jan-94
                                                  TW LW Artist Title
                                                  1 1 TAKE THAT - BABE
                                                  2 2 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                  3 3 U2 - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)
                                                  4 ne BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                  5 4 PEARL JAM - DAUGHTER
                                                  6 8 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                  7 6 MEAT LOAF - I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON'T DO THAT)
                                                  8 5 DINA CARROLL - PERFECT YEAR
                                                  9 7 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                  10 18 ASLAN - CRAZY WORLD
                                                  11 14 MARIAH CAREY - HERO
                                                  12 11 JOE O'TOOLE & SKYE - WE'RE GOING TO AMERICA
                                                  13 10 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                  14 21 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                  15 23 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                  16 9 ELTON JOHN and KIKI DEE - TRUE LOVE
                                                  17 15 SOUL ASYLUM - RUNAWAY TRAIN
                                                  18 13 THE GOODMEN - GIVE IT UP
                                                  19 19 CYPRESS HILL - I AIN'T GOIN' OUT LIKE THAT
                                                  20 29 CULTURE BEAT - GOT TO GET IT
                                                  21 16 MEAT LOAF - BAT OUT OF HELL
                                                  22 22 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                  23 27 JANET JACKSON - AGAIN
                                                  24 re MICHAEL BOLTON - SAID I LOVED YOU BUT I LIED
                                                  25 20 FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD - THE POWER OF LOVE
                                                  26 re M PEOPLE - DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER
                                                  27 re FAITH NO MORE and THE BOO YA TRIBE - ANOTHER BODY MURDERED
                                                  28 re VILLAGE PEOPLE - Y.M.C.A. '93 REMIX
                                                  29 25 NAUGHTY BY NATURE - ESSENTIAL E.P.
                                                  30 28 SAGAT - FUNK DAT

13-Jan-94
                                                  TW LW Artist Title
                                                  1 2 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                  2 4 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                  3 ne CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                  4 8 DINA CARROLL - PERFECT YEAR
                                                  5 15 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                  6 1 TAKE THAT - BABE
                                                  7 6 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                  8 ne D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                  9 5 PEARL JAM - DAUGHTER
                                                  10 11 MARIAH CAREY - HERO
                                                  11 3 U2 - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)
                                                  12 14 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                  13 9 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                  14 13 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                  15 7 MEAT LOAF - I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON'T DO THAT)
                                                  16 10 ASLAN - CRAZY WORLD
                                                  17 22 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                  18 12 JOE O'TOOLE & SKYE - WE'RE GOING TO AMERICA
                                                  19 18 THE GOODMEN - GIVE IT UP
                                                  20 30 SAGAT - FUNK DAT
                                                  21 17 SOUL ASYLUM - RUNAWAY TRAIN
                                                  22 26 M PEOPLE - DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER
                                                  23 16 ELTON JOHN and KIKI DEE - TRUE LOVE
                                                  24 ne D.J. DUKE - BLOW YOUR WHISTLE
                                                  25 ne DEPECHE MODE - IN YOUR ROOM
                                                  26 ne TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                  27 ne DEF LEPPARD - ACTION
                                                  28 20 CULTURE BEAT - GOT TO GET IT
                                                  29 ne GARTH BROOKS - THE RED STROKES
                                                  30 23 JANET JACKSON - AGAIN

20-Jan-94
                                                  TW LW Artist Title
                                                  1 2 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                  2 1 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                  3 5 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                  4 3 CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                  5 8 D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                  6 ne THERAPY? - NOWHERE
                                                  7 7 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                  8 6 TAKE THAT - BABE
                                                  9 10 MARIAH CAREY - HERO
                                                  10 4 DINA CARROLL - PERFECT YEAR
                                                  11 12 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                  12 11 U2 - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)
                                                  13 14 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                  14 9 PEARL JAM - DAUGHTER
                                                  15 25 DEPECHE MODE - IN YOUR ROOM
                                                  16 24 D.J. DUKE - BLOW YOUR WHISTLE
                                                  17 29 GARTH BROOKS - THE RED STROKES
                                                  18 15 MEAT LOAF - I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON'T DO THAT)
                                                  19 17 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                  20 ne ETERNAL - SAVE OUR LOVE
                                                  21 26 TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                  22 16 ASLAN - CRAZY WORLD
                                                  23 ne ENIGMA - RETURN TO INNOCENCE
                                                  24 13 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                  25 20 SAGAT - FUNK DAT
                                                  26 19 THE GOODMEN - GIVE IT UP
                                                  27 27 DEF LEPPARD - ACTION
                                                  28 ne THE THE - DIS-INFECTED E.P.
                                                  29 21 SOUL ASYLUM - RUNAWAY TRAIN
                                                  30 22 M PEOPLE - DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER

27-Jan-94
                                                  TW LW Artist Title
                                                  1 1 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                  2 5 D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                  3 3 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                  4 2 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                  5 4 CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                  6 6 THERAPY? - NOWHERE
                                                  7 17 GARTH BROOKS - THE RED STROKES
                                                  8 7 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                  9 13 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                  10 23 ENIGMA - RETURN TO INNOCENCE
                                                  11 21 TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                  12 11 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                  13 25 SAGAT - FUNK DAT
                                                  14 10 DINA CARROLL - PERFECT YEAR
                                                  15 12 U2 - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)
                                                  16 9 MARIAH CAREY - HERO
                                                  17 15 DEPECHE MODE - IN YOUR ROOM
                                                  18 8 TAKE THAT - BABE
                                                  19 27 DEF LEPPARD - ACTION
                                                  20 16 D.J. DUKE - BLOW YOUR WHISTLE
                                                  21 ne THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - GIVE IT AWAY
                                                  22 19 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                  23 14 PEARL JAM - DAUGHTER
                                                  24 ne TONI BRAXTON - BREATHE AGAIN
                                                  25 20 ETERNAL - SAVE OUR LOVE
                                                  26 ne PHIL COLLINS - EVERYDAY
                                                  27 24 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                  28 18 MEAT LOAF - I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON'T DO THAT)
                                                  29 28 THE THE - DIS-INFECTED E.P.
                                                  30 re NAUGHTY BY NATURE - ESSENTIAL E.P.
                                                The 65th Beatle

Comment

• 03-Feb-94
                                                    TW LW Artist Title
                                                    1 1 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                    2 2 D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                    3 10 ENIGMA - RETURN TO INNOCENCE
                                                    4 3 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                    5 4 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                    6 5 CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                    7 6 THERAPY? - NOWHERE
                                                    8 7 GARTH BROOKS - THE RED STROKES
                                                    9 11 TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                    10 24 TONI BRAXTON - BREATHE AGAIN
                                                    11 8 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                    12 12 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                    13 22 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                    14 9 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                    15 ne CELINE DION - THE POWER OF LOVE
                                                    16 ne THE ORB - PERPETUAL DAWN
                                                    17 16 MARIAH CAREY - HERO
                                                    18 ne RICHARD MARX - NOW AND FOREVER
                                                    19 21 THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - GIVE IT AWAY
                                                    20 18 TAKE THAT - BABE
                                                    21 14 DINA CARROLL - PERFECT YEAR
                                                    22 13 SAGAT - FUNK DAT
                                                    23 17 DEPECHE MODE - IN YOUR ROOM
                                                    24 15 U2/ FRANK SINATRA and BONO - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)/ I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN
                                                    25 20 D.J. DUKE - BLOW YOUR WHISTLE
                                                    26 23 PEARL JAM - DAUGHTER
                                                    27 27 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                    28 ne THE CRANBERRIES - LINGER
                                                    29 30 NAUGHTY BY NATURE - ESSENTIAL E.P.
                                                    30 29 THE THE - DIS-INFECTED E.P.

10-Feb-94
                                                    TW LW Artist Title
                                                    1 3 ENIGMA - RETURN TO INNOCENCE
                                                    2 1 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                    3 ne ASLAN - WHERE'S THE SUN
                                                    4 28 THE CRANBERRIES - LINGER
                                                    5 2 D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                    6 4 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                    7 ne MARIAH CAREY - WITHOUT YOU
                                                    8 ne THE ALAN ROSE BAND - IRELAND'S ON THE BALL
                                                    9 ne 2 UNLIMITED - LET THE BEAT CONTROL YOUR BODY
                                                    10 5 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                    11 6 CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                    12 7 THERAPY? - NOWHERE
                                                    13 15 CELINE DION - THE POWER OF LOVE
                                                    14 ne FRANCES BLACK - ALL THE LIES THAT YOU TOLD ME
                                                    15 8 GARTH BROOKS - THE RED STROKES
                                                    16 10 TONI BRAXTON - BREATHE AGAIN
                                                    17 9 TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                    18 14 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                    19 ne DEEP FOREST - SWEET LULLABY
                                                    20 18 RICHARD MARX - NOW AND FOREVER
                                                    21 12 PEABO BRYSON and REGINA BELLE - A WHOLE NEW WORLD
                                                    22 ne WENDY MOTEN - COME IN OUT OF THE RAIN
                                                    23 ne SINEAD O'CONNOR - YOU MADE ME THE THIEF OF YOUR HEART
                                                    24 19 THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - GIVE IT AWAY
                                                    25 11 THE BEE GEES - FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
                                                    26 22 SAGAT - FUNK DAT
                                                    27 16 THE ORB - PERPETUAL DAWN
                                                    28 13 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                    29 27 BRYAN ADAMS - PLEASE FORGIVE ME
                                                    30 re ASLAN - CRAZY WORLD

17-Feb-94
                                                    TW LW Artist Title
                                                    1 7 MARIAH CAREY - WITHOUT YOU
                                                    2 1 ENIGMA - RETURN TO INNOCENCE
                                                    3 4 THE CRANBERRIES - LINGER
                                                    4 2 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                    5 ne BAZAAR - TOUCH
                                                    6 23 SINEAD O'CONNOR - YOU MADE ME THE THIEF OF YOUR HEART
                                                    7 5 D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                    8 8 THE ALAN ROSE BAND - IRELAND'S ON THE BALL
                                                    9 14 FRANCES BLACK - ALL THE LIES THAT YOU TOLD ME
                                                    10 6 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                    11 16 TONI BRAXTON - BREATHE AGAIN
                                                    12 10 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                    13 3 ASLAN - WHERE'S THE SUN
                                                    14 ne CAPPELLA - MOVE ON BABY
                                                    15 9 2 UNLIMITED - LET THE BEAT CONTROL YOUR BODY
                                                    16 13 CELINE DION - THE POWER OF LOVE
                                                    17 19 DEEP FOREST - SWEET LULLABY
                                                    18 ne ACE OF BASE - THE SIGN
                                                    19 11 CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                    20 17 TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                    21 15 GARTH BROOKS - THE RED STROKES/ AIN'T GOIN' DOWN
                                                    22 22 WENDY MOTEN - COME IN OUT OF THE RAIN
                                                    23 12 THERAPY? - NOWHERE
                                                    24 ne SUEDE - STAY TOGETHER
                                                    25 ne MEAT LOAF - ROCK AND ROLL DREAMS COME THROUGH
                                                    26 ne THE CAPTAIN HOLLYWOOD PROJECT - IMPOSSIBLE
                                                    27 28 HADDAWAY - I MISS YOU
                                                    28 18 CHAKA DEMUS AND PLIERS - TWIST AND SHOUT
                                                    29 ne ELTON JOHN and RU PAUL - DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART
                                                    30 re JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS - I LOVE ROCK 'N' ROLL

*I LOVE ROCK 'N' ROLL had previously charted in 1982, reaching #2 and spending 8 weeks on the chart.

24-Feb-94
                                                    TW LW Artist Title
                                                    1 1 MARIAH CAREY - WITHOUT YOU
                                                    2 2 ENIGMA - RETURN TO INNOCENCE
                                                    3 9 FRANCES BLACK - ALL THE LIES THAT YOU TOLD ME
                                                    4 6 SINEAD O'CONNOR - YOU MADE ME THE THIEF OF YOUR HEART
                                                    5 3 THE CRANBERRIES - LINGER
                                                    6 15 2 UNLIMITED - LET THE BEAT CONTROL YOUR BODY
                                                    7 18 ACE OF BASE - THE SIGN
                                                    8 4 BRYAN ADAMS, ROD STEWART and STING - ALL FOR LOVE
                                                    9 14 CAPPELLA - MOVE ON BABY
                                                    10 7 D:REAM - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
                                                    11 17 DEEP FOREST - SWEET LULLABY
                                                    12 10 K7 - COME BABY COME
                                                    13 13 ASLAN - WHERE'S THE SUN
                                                    14 11 TONI BRAXTON - BREATHE AGAIN
                                                    15 29 ELTON JOHN and RU PAUL - DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART
                                                    16 12 EAST 17 - IT'S ALRIGHT
                                                    17 16 CELINE DION - THE POWER OF LOVE
                                                    18 24 SUEDE - STAY TOGETHER
                                                    19 25 MEAT LOAF - ROCK AND ROLL DREAMS COME THROUGH
                                                    20 ne REEL 2 REAL featuring THE MAD STUNTMAN - I LIKE TO MOVE IT
                                                    21 23 THERAPY? - NOWHERE
                                                    22 19 CULTURE BEAT - ANYTHING
                                                    23 ne SOUNDGARDEN - SPOONMAN
                                                    24 ne CYPRESS HILL - INSANE IN THE BRAIN
                                                    25 re U2 - STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)
                                                    26 20 TORI AMOS - CORNFLAKE GIRL
                                                    27 22 WENDY MOTEN - COME IN OUT OF THE RAIN
                                                    28 26 THE CAPTAIN HOLLYWOOD PROJECT - IMPOSSIBLE
                                                    29 ne SEPULTURA - REFUSE/ RESIST
                                                    30 ne ARETHA FRANKLIN - A DEEPER LOVE
                                                  The 65th Beatle

Comment

Working...
                                                  X