X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonia85
    Manager
    • 04 May 2011

If I send a email to music label with question:"Is it album X eligble for gold or platinum cert?" they will answer me or not?

Comment

• borderwolf
      Legend
      • 11 Dec 2006

No
      Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Neutral
        Personal Assistant
        • 14 May 2015

Does anybody know where I can find full Canadian album charts from 2008 - 2010?

Also, Australian album chart positions 50 - 100 from 2008 - 2010? Thanks

Comment

• borderwolf
          Legend
          • 11 Dec 2006

Originally posted by Neutral
          Does anybody know where I can find full Canadian album charts from 2008 - 2010?

Also, Australian album chart positions 50 - 100 from 2008 - 2010? Thanks
          Australia:
          //pandora.nla.gov.au/apps/PandasDelivery/WebObjects/PandasDelivery.woa/wa/tep?pi=23790
          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• borderwolf
            Legend
            • 11 Dec 2006

Canada since mid-2009:
            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Neutral
              Personal Assistant
              • 14 May 2015

Thanks so much!

Comment

• sonia85
                Manager
                • 04 May 2011

Originally posted by borderwolf
                No
                Many thanks

Comment

• MrDiva
                  Legend
                  • 24 Mar 2013

In the times of lower album sales EVERYWHERE the old certification standards make no sense anymore imo.
                  But lowering the levels isn't the right move either this time I think. There are HUGE superstars who still barely reach Gold, yet there are also stars out there who still manage to get back to back platinum albums or even reach multiplatinum.

What do you guys think of a Silver Certification (like in the UK) for, lets say, 250k in the US? It's reachable for many artists, a certification, but not too high... It's an achievement. Not outstanding but it would be an achievement.

(and for some of the latest releases I would even invent an Aluminium award for 100k copies - seriously)

Comment

• sonia85
                    Manager
                    • 04 May 2011

Aluminium award......i like your idea

Comment

• borderwolf
                      Legend
                      • 11 Dec 2006

Originally posted by sonia85
                      No
                      Many thanks

Sonia, of course, I hope I''m wrong!
                      Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• PDC717
                        • 20 Jan 2016

Does anyone happen to have a list of the acts with the most #1, Top 5, Top 10 and Top 40/charting songs on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart that are more comprehensive than what's posted on Wikipedia?

Comment

• borderwolf
                          Legend
                          • 11 Dec 2006

This is very interesting:

Understanding: Worldwide Estimations Information
                          http://chartmasters.org/2016/11/underst ... formation/

... With such an intense activity, the whole world surrounding the music industry gets hot, including charts and sales websites and forums. Many fans open doors of those Medias for the first time hoping to get information about their favorite artist last album performances. Sadly, even supposed chart experts are posting highly inaccurate data at the moment. Statistics of Mediatraffic, often used as the easy-going total, has got worse than ever with very amateur errors on most of their figures....

See complete article:
                          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• RLAAMJR
                            Manager
                            • 27 Aug 2016

This is very interesting:

Understanding: Worldwide Estimations Information

... With such an intense activity, the whole world surrounding the music industry gets hot, including charts and sales websites and forums. Many fans open doors of those Medias for the first time hoping to get information about their favorite artist last album performances. Sadly, even supposed chart experts are posting highly inaccurate data at the moment. Statistics of Mediatraffic, often used as the easy-going total, has got worse than ever with very amateur errors on most of their figures....

See complete article:
                            Are you and MJD bestfriends?
                            Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs

Comment

• borderwolf
                              Legend
                              • 11 Dec 2006

Originally posted by RLAAMJR
                              Are you and MJD bestfriends?
                              Ahaha!
                              No, but I appreciate his work!
                              As well as I appreciate the efforts of all who engage in the sales estimates.
                              Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• jpguy
                                Legend
                                • 12 Oct 2007

With the way streaming is taking over and specially Albums Charts, then I guess it's safe to assume the actual Hot 200 (for example) will have a behaviour similar to that of the Hot 100?
                                I mean, a huge album will most likely stay on top for 7, 8, 9 weeks and won't decline as fast.

I remember chart trajectories in the pure albums sales as 1-7-20-33-26-14-10-8 (an example) but I don't see how such trajectory will show up with Streaming, they'll be more like 1-1-2-2-3-2-3-2-1-2. The chart will be kinda boring to watch. What do you guys think ? ^^

Comment

• Satchmo76
                                  Manager
                                  • 15 Jul 2006

Does Youtube streaming currently count towards the UK charts. If not, why not?

Comment

• WolfSpear
                                    Personal Assistant
                                    • 19 Jun 2008

Originally posted by jpguy
                                    With the way streaming is taking over and specially Albums Charts, then I guess it's safe to assume the actual Hot 200 (for example) will have a behaviour similar to that of the Hot 100?
                                    I mean, a huge album will most likely stay on top for 7, 8, 9 weeks and won't decline as fast.

I remember chart trajectories in the pure albums sales as 1-7-20-33-26-14-10-8 (an example) but I don't see how such trajectory will show up with Streaming, they'll be more like 1-1-2-2-3-2-3-2-1-2. The chart will be kinda boring to watch. What do you guys think ? ^^
                                    Depends on the artist.

Drake and Kendrick Lamar will fit perfectly with your projected trajectory. An act like Bon Jovi or U2 will be more like 1-21-89-195.

The album charts are way too slow. You cant blame the streaming though. Nobody is selling and the gap between 1 and 10 is a mere 50,000 units. Imagine the gap between 10 and 40. Now we're talking what? 5,000 units?

Comment

• bsdoacao3
                                      Roadie
                                      • 22 Mar 2014

Mexico, Brazil and Argentina include streams in their certifications? And what about the ratio?

Comment

• Isagram
                                        • 09 Oct 2017

Originally posted by bsdoacao3
                                        Mexico, Brazil and Argentina include streams in their certifications? And what about the ratio?
                                        Brazil: streams + views

Comment

• bm08
                                          • 07 Apr 2013

Re: FAQs about Charts/Sales/Certifications

Are albums sold at a concert/residency store counted for Billboard and/or RIAA?
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...