Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That joke did occur to me - but not because of her name.

Comment

• Update due to new number one, the RSPB is top on two other sites!

1 Stormzy - Vossi Bop
      2 -1 Taylor Swift - ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)
      3 The RSPB - Let Nature Sing excluded from the Real Chart as it is just birds making a noise
      4 Billie Eilish - bad guy
      5 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
      6 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix]
      7 Meduza - Piece Of Your Heart (feat. GOODBOYS)
      8 Avicii - SOS (feat. Aloe Blacc)
      9 Jax Jones, Martin Solveig & Madison Beer - All Day and Night (Jax Jones & Martin Solveig Present Europa)
      10 Calvin Harris, Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant

12 new Ramin Djawadi - The Night King (From Game of Thrones: Season 8) [Music from the HBO Series] nearly 9 minutes long!
      24 NEW Bugzy Malone - M.E.N II
      44 NEW Angels & Airwaves - Rebel Girl
      62 new Samm Henshaw - Church (feat. EARTHGANG)

Smaller "new" entered Tuesday, larger one's today.
      You could say the RSPB are exploiting the birds on the track, as they aren't paying royalties
      Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham76man View Post
        3 The RSPB - Let Nature Sing excluded from the Real Chart as it is just birds making a noise
        Surely "the people that compile the Real Chart" don't share their opinions (or indeed any information at all) on any songs so how would you even know this? It's actually 25 bird song recordings arranged by a producer into a "tune". Music is music, you can't pick and choose. If the OCC did that, you'd be in uproar. Did you also exclude the Royal Legion and Cage Against The Machine singles? (the latter had remixes on it not just silence)
        Did you excluded previous hits featuring dogs barking (Simon Cowell's infamous thing) and sheep?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
          Surely "the people that compile the Real Chart" don't share their opinions (or indeed any information at all) on any songs so how would you even know this? It's actually 25 bird song recordings arranged by a producer into a "tune". Music is music, you can't pick and choose. If the OCC did that, you'd be in uproar. Did you also exclude the Royal Legion and Cage Against The Machine singles? (the latter had remixes on it not just silence)
          Did you excluded previous hits featuring dogs barking (Simon Cowell's infamous thing) and sheep?
          Recording of various sounds, such as speech, railway, children's stories, bird song, relaxation material, have always been excluded from entering the Real Chart. For being not popular music. That has always been a Compiler's rule.
          The RSPB recording is just a collection of bird sounds put together. I have listened to it myself and there is no real discernible tune. Simon Cowell's thing was not excluded, due to the fact, there was a tune there and it was musical. Had it just been dogs barking it would have been excluded.
          The silence record was excluded as there was nothing to listen too. The remixes had they included music, would have qualified, but didn't sell enough to make the 100, as far as I can remember. That was reported at the time on this site.
          The OCC regular excludes music from it's charts. As soon as anyone issues an album. They exclude all but 3 of the tracks from entering the chart. You don't seem to mind that.
          The Compilers make all rules of who makes the charts, they can communicate with anyone. They did tell me if they had allowed the RSPB record in, that it would have made 36, last Sunday.

Comment

• It's bird song! If you don't understand that... it has far more melody to it than someone pressing a button making a dog bark repeatedly.

Comedians, statesmen, popes have all charted (mainly on albums chart). Recorded sound is eligible and that's all that is required to chart (the British Legion single had location sound on it, not actual silence). And surely all charts combine remixes and the original track?

Surprised you haven't banned Aphex Twin.
            The piece is named after a trade name for the drug Salbutamol, which is prescribed for the treatment of asthma. A reported side effect of this drug is tinnitus,[1] a high pitched ringing in the ears. James utilised this effect in "Ventolin", incorporating a piercing high-pitched ringing sound throughout the track. The music also incorporates heavily distorted techno beats. The resulting effect has been cited as "one of the harshest singles ever recorded".[2]
            The RSPB single has more melody than this:
            Last edited by Blondini; Thu May 2, 2019, 15:22.

Comment

• Ventolin
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• The RSPB single has more melody than this:

Comment

• Not "real" enough, Gallaghers. (effing and jeffing)
                  Last edited by Blondini; Thu May 2, 2019, 15:14.

Comment

• Ruff Mix added above. Just to clarify.

Comment

• I'm in an Irishguy28 mood. The RSPB single has more melody than this presumably banned hit:

Comment

• Back on topic:

1 The RSPB - Let Nature Sing
                        2 Taylor Swift - Me! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)
                        8 Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Black Star Dancing

Comment

• The Suzanne Vega song despite what MTV says, is not the DNA remix, it's the original version of the song she did. The DNA version has a beat playing all time while she's singing, it wasn't banned because it was on TOTP.

Remixers are not always released at the same time.

Birds do not sing they communicate with each other. Only human arrogance sees this as singing. The noise the birds here might well be different to what the human ear picks up.
                          From what I heard of the RSPB track it was a collection of bird noises. There was no attempt at even making it sound anything like music at all.
                          More to the point the thing is just a publicity stunt for the RSPB, though it might be good cause, it also exploits the birds involved and unlike other human singers they don't get paid in bird feed!

Comment

• Thought the Real Chart was supposed to be the "real chart" without all the rules of the OCC chart, but it seems it has its own set of rules too, so just as fabricated.
                            1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham76man View Post
                              The Suzanne Vega song despite what MTV says, is not the DNA remix, it's the original version of the song she did. The DNA version has a beat playing all time while she's singing, it wasn't banned because it was on TOTP.

I posted the original accapella Suzanne Vega version that had no music on it and reached #58 on UK chart - of course THAT version is banned by YOUR chart. The Cage Against The Machine mixes all came out at the same time as the silent version. As ANYONE can see from checking this thread.

ALBUMS CHART

2nd May release:
                              6 Passenger - Sometimes It's Something, Sometimes It's Nothing at All
                              Last edited by Blondini; Fri May 3, 2019, 01:09.

Comment

• The 1987 version by Vega was not banned from the Real Chart. If it sold enough to make the chart, I don't yet know, because I'm currently only up to 1986 on these charts. Accapella tracks qualify for the Real Chart. Somebody talking, such as speeches by Kings and Queen's do not.
                                The Cage record sales were largely for the silent version. It would have not made the 100 on the other versions.

The rules of the Real Chart don't allow the Music Industry to create their own chart. The Rules of the OCC do. Their current chart, uses streaming, but it can't decide how many people are allowed to listen and contribute to the chart. Also the more people that listen to music the sales levels should go up so it should take more and more people to get a record into the top 100. But the OCC chart currently maintains the same level of sales like when it was just downloads. If streaming is that popular and growing then a number one record should be selling in access of 200,000 a week and they are not.
                                With that can we get

Comment

• ALBUMS CHART

2 Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride
                                  4 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - End of Suffering
                                  5 The Wildhearts - Renaissance Men
                                  7 Lucy Spraggan - Today Was a Good Day
                                  9 Ten Tonnes - Ten Tonnes
                                  11 Guy Chambers - Go Gentle into the Light
                                  15 New Found Glory - From the Screen to Your Stereo 3 (MA)
                                  17 Amon Amarth - Berserker
                                  24 Editors - The Blanck Mass Sessions
                                  42 Crazy P - Age of the Ego
                                  44 Joy Williams - Front Porch
                                  45 Big Thief - U.F.O.F.
                                  47 Bad Religion - Age of Unreason
                                  64 Ashley Tisdale - Symptoms
                                  77 Johnny Lloyd - Next Episode Starts in 15 Seconds
                                  83 Little Steven - Summer of Sorcery (feat. The Disciples of Soul)
                                  123 SYML - SYML
                                  136 Rhiannon Giddens - There Is No Other (with Francesco Turrisi)
                                  Last edited by Blondini; Fri May 3, 2019, 02:17.

Comment

• Friday singles
                                    Top Ten
                                    1 The RSPB - Let Nature Sing
                                    2 Taylor Swift - ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)
                                    3 Stormzy - Vossi Bop 59pN
                                    4 NEW Lewis Capaldi - Hold Me While You Wait
                                    5 Billie Eilish - bad guy
                                    6 NEW Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
                                    7 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix]
                                    8 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
                                    9 Meduza - Piece Of Your Heart (feat. GOODBOYS)
                                    10 Avicii - SOS (feat. Aloe Blacc)

Breakers, new and climbers...

12 Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Black Star Dancing
                                    13 NEW Kylie Minogue - New York City
                                    18 NEW Logic - Homicide (feat. Eminem)
                                    21 Ramin Djawadi - The Night King (From Game of Thrones: Season 8) [Music from the HBO Series]
                                    23 Lauren Daigle - You Say 59pL
                                    24 Mark Ronson - Late Night Feelings (feat. Lykke Li) 59pN
                                    30 NEW NOTD & HRVY - I Miss Myself
                                    31 Vampire Weekend - This Life
                                    32 NEW Madonna - I Rise
                                    33 NEW New Hope Club - Love Again
                                    34 Bugzy Malone - M.E.N II
                                    38 NEW Peggy Gou - Starry Night
                                    46 NEW Iggy Azalea - Started
                                    49 NEW Leftwing & Kody - I Feel It (Radio Edit)
                                    52 NEW Bastille - Joy
                                    57 NEW Joyner Lucas - Devil's Work
                                    60 NEW United Vibe - Aint It Funny
                                    73 NEW Hardy Caprio & DigDat - Guten Tag
                                    81 NEW Madonna - I Rise
                                    91 Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
                                    92 NEW Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - She Taught Me How To Fly (The Reflex Revision)
                                    93 twenty one pilots - Chlorine 59p
                                    94 RE-ENTRY Digga D - No Diet
                                    95 RE-ENTRY Vampire Weekend - Harmony Hall
                                    98 RE-ENTRY Ed Sheeran - Perfect
                                    99 NEW Fergie, Q-Tip & GoonRock - A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)

Comment

• ALBUMS CHART

1 (2) Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride
                                      4 (7) Lucy Spraggan - Today Was a Good Day
                                      5 The Wildhearts - Renaissance Men
                                      6 (4) Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - End of Suffering
                                      8 (9) Ten Tonnes - Ten Tonnes
                                      10 (15) New Found Glory - From the Screen to Your Stereo 3 (MA)
                                      13 (17) Amon Amarth - Berserker
                                      [2nd May release: 17 (12) Passenger - Sometimes It's Something, Sometimes It's Nothing at All]
                                      18 (11) Guy Chambers - Go Gentle into the Light
                                      26 (24) Editors - The Blanck Mass Sessions
                                      31 (45) Big Thief - U.F.O.F.
                                      32 (47) Bad Religion - Age of Unreason
                                      33 (64) Ashley Tisdale - Symptoms
                                      37 (44) Joy Williams - Front Porch
                                      40 (NE) No Rome - Crying In the Prettiest Places (MA)
                                      43 (136) Rhiannon Giddens - There Is No Other (with Francesco Turrisi)
                                      49 (42) Crazy P - Age of the Ego
                                      56 (83) Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul - Summer of Sorcery
                                      73 (NE) Hollowstar - Hollowstar
                                      80 (77) Johnny Lloyd - Next Episode Starts in 15 Seconds
                                      97 (NE) A Certain Ratio - ACR:Box
                                      188 (123) SYML - SYML

190 L7 - Scatter the Rats

SINGLES

68 (NE) Hot Milk - Are You Feeling Alive - EP

Comment

• Lewis Capaldi - Hold Me While You Wait has now taken the top spot, closely followed by Shawn Mendes at 2.
                                        The UK Euro entry has returned to the 100 too.

Comment

• ALBUMS CHART

3 Whitesnake - Flesh & Blood (Deluxe Edition)
                                          [9th May release: 9 WayV - Take Off – The 1st Mini Album]
                                          21 Mac DeMarco - Here Comes the Cowboy
                                          23 Ciara - Beauty Marks
                                          27 Hćlos - Any Random Kindness
                                          33 Howard Jones - Transform
                                          43 Martin Smith - Iron Lung
                                          44 Gareth Emery & Ashley Wallbridge - Kingdom United
                                          80 The Skints - Swimming Lessons
                                          81 Matthew and the Atlas - Morning Dancer
                                          89 Rosie Lowe - Yu
                                          90 Danny Worsnop - Shades of Blue
                                          103 Employed To Serve - Eternal Forward Motion
                                          104 Elephant Sessions - What Makes You
                                          118 Rodney Atkins - Caught Up In The Country
                                          119 Maps - Colours. Reflect. Time. Loss.
                                          133 Holly Herndon - Proto
                                          134 Charly Bliss - Young Enough

SINGLES

102 Gerry Read - It'll All Be Over - EP

CLIMBERS

38 Vintage Trouble - Chapter II (MA)
                                          48 Donna Taggart - Celtic Lady, Vol. 2

Comment

• Friday Singles Update
                                            Top Ten
                                            1 NEW Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care a combination bound to go to the top
                                            2 1 Lewis Capaldi - Hold Me While You Wait
                                            3 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix]
                                            4 Stormzy - Vossi Bop 59p
                                            5 Billie Eilish - bad guy
                                            6 Avicii - SOS (feat. Aloe Blacc)
                                            7 Taylor Swift - ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco) 59pL
                                            8 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
                                            9 Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
                                            10 NEW James Arthur - Falling like the Stars

Breakers, new and climbers...

20 NEW ZAYN & Zhavia Ward - A Whole New World (End Title)
                                            22 Madonna & Maluma - Medellín (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx)
                                            25 Lauren Daigle - You Say 59pN regained 59p status today
                                            26 NEW Madonna & Swae Lee - Crave
                                            28 RE-ENTRY The Beatles - In My Life Dementia Choir sang it! Perhaps the one below as well?
                                            34 NEW Donna Taggart - Jealous of the Angels
                                            41 NEW Skepta - Bullet from a Gun
                                            42 Kygo & Rita Ora - Carry On (From “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu”)
                                            46 NEW David Guetta - Stay (Don't Go Away) [feat. Raye]
                                            48 NEW blink-182 - Blame It On My Youth
                                            50 Bastille - Joy
                                            51 NEW P Money & Giggs - Where & When
                                            53 Da Beatfreakz - Motorola (feat. Swarmz, Deno & Dappy)
                                            57 NEW Luke Combs - Beer Never Broke My Heart
                                            58 NEW Lisa McHugh - Country Mile
                                            59 Bruce Springsteen - Hello Sunshine
                                            60 NEW Skepta & Nafe Smallz - Greaze Mode
                                            67 Sam Fender - Hypersonic Missiles
                                            72 RE-ENTRY Lighthouse Family - High on TV today
                                            74 RE-ENTRY Lighthouse Family - Lifted
                                            79 RE-ENTRY Henshaw - Church (feat. EARTHGANG)
                                            81 M-22 - White Lies
                                            86 NEW The Adelaides - Leave
                                            87 Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
                                            90 (30) Gerry & The Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone
                                            94 NEW AJ Tracey - Ladbroke Grove
                                            95 Dominic Fike - 3 Nights
                                            96 NEW Jake Warner - Loyal
                                            97 NEW Bronnie - Lost and Found
                                            98 NEW Avicii - Tough Love (feat. Agnes & Vargas & Lagola)
                                            99 Sia - Chandelier

Comment

• The Donna Taggart thing is because of The Great British Menu

ALBUMS CHART

1 (UP) Various Artists - 100% Clubland Classix
                                              2 (1) Pink - Hurts 2B Human
                                              3 (2) Various Artists - Now That's What I Call Music! 102

4 (NE) Logic - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
                                              5 (3) Whitesnake - Flesh & Blood (Deluxe Edition)
                                              15 (23) Ciara - Beauty Marks
                                              16 (21) Mac DeMarco - Here Comes the Cowboy
                                              [9th May release: 19 (9) WayV - Take Off – The 1st Mini Album]
                                              21 (NE) Aly & AJ - Sanctuary (MA)
                                              22 (33) Howard Jones - Transform
                                              25 (44) Gareth Emery & Ashley Wallbridge - Kingdom United
                                              28 (27) Hćlos - Any Random Kindness
                                              41 (43) Martin Smith - Iron Lung
                                              43 (80) The Skints - Swimming Lessons
                                              60 (90) Danny Worsnop - Shades of Blue
                                              61 (81) Matthew and the Atlas - Morning Dancer
                                              69 (89) Rosie Lowe - Yu
                                              85 (103) Employed To Serve - Eternal Forward Motion
                                              86 (133) Holly Herndon - Proto
                                              87 (104) Elephant Sessions - What Makes You
                                              96 (NE) Sammy Hagar & The Circle - Space Between
                                              97 (NE) Rhye - Spirit
                                              156 (118) Rodney Atkins - Caught Up In The Country
                                              157 (134) Charly Bliss - Young Enough
                                              158 (119) Maps - Colours. Reflect. Time. Loss.

SINGLES

6 (NE) James Bay - Oh My Messy Mind - EP (Peer Pressure)
                                              68 (102) Gerry Read - It'll All Be Over - EP

CLIMBERS

58 Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace: The Complete Recordings (Live)

Comment

• Midweek update
                                                1 Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
                                                2 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix]
                                                3 Billie Eilish - bad guy
                                                4 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
                                                5 Meduza - Piece Of Your Heart (feat. GOODBOYS)
                                                6 Stormzy - Vossi Bop 59p
                                                7 Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
                                                8 Jax Jones, Martin Solveig & Madison Beer - All Day and Night (Jax Jones & Martin Solveig Present Europa)
                                                9 Taylor Swift - ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)
                                                10 Avicii - SOS (feat. Aloe Blacc)

Breakers...

25 Aron Wright - Look After You
                                                26 Vampire Weekend - This Life
                                                27 Zara Larsson - Don't Worry Bout Me 59p
                                                32 Shakespear's Sister - Stay
                                                34 Michael Rice - Bigger Than Us (Eurovision 2019 - United Kingdom)
                                                36 NEW Shakespear's Sister - All the Queen's Horses
                                                50 Skepta & Nafe Smallz - Greaze Mode
                                                51 Jack Savoretti - Love Is on the Line
                                                57 Doris Day - Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera)
                                                58 NEW THE S.L.P. - Favourites (feat. Little Simz)
                                                63 Lewis Capaldi - Grace
                                                64 Da Beatfreakz - Motorola (feat. Swarmz, Deno & Dappy)
                                                66 NEW Lewis Blissett - Sick Thoughts
                                                69 RE-ENTRY Bruce Springsteen - Hello Sunshine
                                                81 NEW Morrissey - Wedding Bell Blues
                                                91 RE-ENTRY Queen - We Will Rock You
                                                94 RE-ENTRY James Morrison - Feels Like the First Time
                                                96 RE-ENTRY Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
                                                97 NEW Georgia - About Work the Dancefloor (Edit)
                                                98 RE-ENTRY Sia - Chandelier

Comment

• Australia is highest song of ESC Semi-Finals - top 200 yesterday. Still in 200s.
                                                  Full update coming after midnight on Saturday.

ALBUMS CHART

1 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                                                  2 Rammstein - Rammstein
                                                  3 The National - I Am Easy to Find
                                                  8 Skipinnish - Steer by the Stars
                                                  9 Digga D - Double Tap Diaries
                                                  13 Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated
                                                  15 Slowthai - Nothing Great About Britain
                                                  19 Interpol - A Fine Mess (MA)
                                                  24 The Heavy - Sons
                                                  31 Kate Rusby - Philosophers, Poets and Kings
                                                  42 Erland Cooper - Sule Skerry
                                                  43 Brightlight City - The Harmony & The Chaos
                                                  51 Ludovico Einaudi - Seven Days Walking: Day 3
                                                  52 Thea Gilmore - Small World Turning
                                                  69 The Manor - Free The Geezer (MA)
                                                  78 Christone "Kingfish" Ingram - Kingfish

CLIMBERS

14 (top ten on Tuesday) Various Artists - Eurovision Song Contest Tel Aviv 2019

Comment

• EUROVISION SEMI 2 - 12 hours ago
                                                    thanks to ManicKangaroo on Haven
                                                    Eurovision

46 Keiino - Spirit In The Sky
                                                    47 Michael Rice - Bigger Than Us
                                                    83 Chingiz - Truth
                                                    107 Luca Hänni - She Got Me
                                                    123 Duncan Laurence - Arcade - the overall fave in betting odds / polls
                                                    140 John Lundvik - Too Late For Love

ALBUMS CHART

1 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
                                                    2 Rammstein - Rammstein
                                                    3 The National - I Am Easy to Find
                                                    4 (NE) Biffy Clyro - Balance, Not Symmetry (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
                                                    5 (NE) Tyler, The Creator - Igor
                                                    7 (8) Skipinnish - Steer by the Stars
                                                    8 (NE) DJ Khaled - Father of Asahd
                                                    9 Digga D - Double Tap Diaries
                                                    12 (13) Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated
                                                    13 (15) Slowthai - Nothing Great About Britain
                                                    17 (19) Interpol - A Fine Mess (MA)
                                                    22 (31) Kate Rusby - Philosophers, Poets and Kings
                                                    27 (24) The Heavy - Sons
                                                    28 (51) Ludovico Einaudi - Seven Days Walking: Day 3
                                                    33 (69) The Manor - Free The Geezer (MA)
                                                    38 (42) Erland Cooper - Sule Skerry
                                                    51 (52) Thea Gilmore - Small World Turning
                                                    54 (43) Brightlight City - The Harmony & The Chaos
                                                    57 (NE) Maluma - 11:11
                                                    58 (78) Christone "Kingfish" Ingram - Kingfish
                                                    61 (NE) Big Big Train - Grand Tour
                                                    82 (NE) Rahsaan Patterson - Heroes & Gods
                                                    103 (NE) The Head and the Heart - Living Mirage
                                                    148 (NE) Black Label Society - Sonic Brew (20th Anniversary Blend 5.99 - 5.19)
                                                    149 (NE) Jim Johnston - WWE: Uncaged VIII

SINGLES

23 (NE) Keane - Retroactive EP1
                                                    83 (NE) A.C.E - Under Cover - EP (K-pop - the upcoming CD has an extra 5th track)
                                                    Last edited by Blondini; Fri May 17, 2019, 17:05.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X