Another coronavirus death:
    7 John Prine - John Prine
    11 John Prine - The Tree of Forgiveness
    45 John Prine - The Missing Years
    65 John Prine - Fair and Square

and on songs:
    94 John Prine (ft Iris DeMent) - In Spite of Ourselves
    95 John Prine - Angel From Montgomery
    Last edited by Blondini; Wed April 8, 2020, 19:01.
    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• R.I.P. John Prine
      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Selena bonus tracks out
        43 Selena Gomez - Boyfriend
        53 Selena Gomez - Souvenir
        61 Selena Gomez - She
        Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• 10 Twenty One Pilots - Level of Concern
          26 Selena Gomez - Boyfriend
          32 Selena Gomez - Souvenir
          34 Fleur East - Not Alone
          37 Selena Gomez - She
          77 Gorillaz - Aries (feat. Peter Hook and Georgia)
          82 Charli XCX - Forever
          156 Hayley Williams - My Friend
          163 Gorillaz - Aries (feat. Peter Hook and Georgia)
          Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 10, 2020, 00:48.

Comment

• ALBUMS CHART

1 The Strokes - The New Abnormal
            2 Nightwish - Human. :II: Nature.
            7 Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter
            10 Joe Satriani - Shapeshifting
            13 Cadet - The Rated Legend
            24 Maddie & Tae - The Way It Feels
            106 The Sleep Eazys (ft Joe Bonamassa) - Easy To Buy, Hard To Sell
            115 Hamilton Leithauser - The Loves of Your Life
            116 Do Nothing - Zero Dollar Bill (MA)
            170 Tory Lanez - The New Toronto 3
            207 Flat Worms - Antarctica

Selena's new Rare deluxe is at 14, having been released on Thursday
            Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 10, 2020, 02:32.

Comment

• Couple more NHS singles - one of which Brian will be very interested in

11 Skerryvore & Friends - Everyday Heroes (NHS Charity Single)
              Features Alistair Campbell joining in on the bagpipes!

105 The Scaffold - Thank U Very Much For The NHS
              Rework of Macca's brother's famous song
              Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 10, 2020, 03:07.

Comment

• 1 Skerryvore & Friends - Everyday Heroes (NHS Charity Single)

ALBUMS CHART

1 The Strokes - The New Abnormal
                2 Nightwish - Human. :II: Nature.
                3 (7) Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter
                6 (13) Cadet - The Rated Legend
                8 (10) Joe Satriani - Shapeshifting
                12 (24) Maddie & Tae - The Way It Feels
                13 (170) Tory Lanez - The New Toronto 3
                31 (NE) Bethel Music - Peace
                37 (NE) The Kooks - Unshelved: Pt. I (MA)
                58 (115) Hamilton Leithauser - The Loves of Your Life
                82 (116) Do Nothing - Zero Dollar Bill (MA)
                101 (106) The Sleep Eazys (ft Joe Bonamassa) - Easy To Buy, Hard To Sell
                135 (NE) Pokey LaFarge - Rock Bottom Rhapsody
                180 (207) Flat Worms - Antarctica
                181 (NE) Squarepusher - Lamental - EP
                182 (NE) Snowy Danger - Win Or Lose Have A Booze
                183 (NE) CA.AM - In Control - EP
                Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 10, 2020, 14:01.

Comment

• Friday Singles
                  Top Ten
                  1 NEW Skerryvore - Everyday Heroes (NHS Charity Single)
                  2 (1) The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                  3 Jake Quickenden - Quarantine Song
                  4 SAINt JHN - Roses (Imanbek Remix)
                  5 Dua Lipa - Physical
                  6 Matt Lucas - Thank You Baked Potato
                  7 Powfu - death bed (feat. beabadoobee) [coffee for your head]
                  8 Tones And I - Dance Monkey
                  9 Harry Styles - Falling
                  10 Little Mix - Break Up Song

Breakers, new and climbers...

11 NEW twenty one pilots - Level of Concern
                  13 Jamie Webster - You'll Never Walk Alone (NHS Charity Single)
                  28 NEW Fleur East - Not Alone
                  29 Selena Gomez - Boyfriend
                  30 Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again
                  35 Selena Gomez - Souvenir
                  37 Bob Dylan - Murder Most Foul
                  39 Katherine Jenkins & Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again
                  40 Selena Gomez - She
                  51 NEW Little Mix - Break Up Song (Acoustic Version)
                  52 Niall Horan - Nice to Meet Ya
                  54 Gerry & The Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone
                  55 Alesso - Midnight (feat. Liam Payne)
                  63 NEW Tide Lines - Innocent and Beautiful
                  65 NEW The Scaffold - Thank U Very Much For The NHS
                  66 NEW Ayala - Let Go
                  67 NEW David Barnes - #applaudNHS (feat. Christina Johnston)
                  69 NEW Gorillaz - Aries (feat. Peter Hook and Georgia)
                  81 NEW Charli XCX - forever
                  96 NEW Patawawa - Forget About It
                  97 Calvin Harris, Rag’n’Bone Man - Giant
                  Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• Jenkins and Lynn at 2 with a new NHS charity release of their old duet

16 London Grammar - Strong
                    162 Susanna and the Magical Orchestra - Love Will Tear Us Apart
                    ^Both in The Nest on BBC1

271 Fischerspooner - Emerge
                    ^In Westworld on Sky Atlantic
                    Last edited by Blondini; Tue April 14, 2020, 00:35.

Comment

• 7 London Grammar - Strong
                      103 Susanna and the Magical Orchestra - Love Will Tear Us Apart
                      205 Fischerspooner - Emerge

Comment

• 91 Susanna and the Magical Orchestra - Love Will Tear Us Apart
                        198 Fischerspooner - Emerge

Comment

• The iTunes chart has become so niche in some respects with all of these charity singles that never bother the top 100; they should also rename it the iMpulse chart as it mostly seems to measure what people rush to download upon hearing on TV shows.

Comment

• The buying of songs Thriller has always been linked with popularity especially TV shows. Most of the 70's was dominated by people buying the records they saw on Top of The Pops. I am currently doing the 1967 charts and the top 15 is largely the effect of at least two weeks of TOTP or other TV shows. If you didn't get on one of the shows you had little chance of making the top ten. For example everyone knows Jimmy Mack, but it only got to 13, simply because it wasn't on TV.

Comment

• Yes, i'm not sure the impulse buying is any kind of revelation. Of course it reflects it more quickly now because people have instant access to songs.

Comment

• 5 London Grammar - Strong
                                61 Susanna and the Magical Orchestra - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham76man View Post
                                  The buying of songs Thriller has always been linked with popularity especially TV shows. Most of the 70's was dominated by people buying the records they saw on Top of The Pops. I am currently doing the 1967 charts and the top 15 is largely the effect of at least two weeks of TOTP or other TV shows. If you didn't get on one of the shows you had little chance of making the top ten. For example everyone knows Jimmy Mack, but it only got to 13, simply because it wasn't on TV.
                                  What I’m getting at is you don’t see London Grammar’s Strong flying up Spotify because of a TV show, but it does on iTunes, which is much more reactive compared to Spotify’s stagnation.

Comment

• ^Well i go straight to YouTube if i hear something new i like! I can see others do, too.

116 All Saints & Sting - Message in a Bottle

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      What I’m getting at is you don’t see London Grammar’s Strong flying up Spotify because of a TV show, but it does on iTunes, which is much more reactive compared to Spotify’s stagnation.
                                      Streaming is not the first port of call for somebody watching TV shows. X-Factor streams were always small, whereas I-Tunes downloads were much bigger. I am not an expert on streaming these days. But from what I recall the streaming sites were heavily influenced by what was in the charts. Plus fans of music which is overplayed. Somebody pointed out a typical multi streamer as "a woman doing the ironing listening to an Ed Sheeran album on repeat".
                                      Downloaders do not keep buying the same records. For a start you can't, unless you buy the track from different various artist albums.

Comment

• The reason why London Grammar doesn't shoot up the daily Spotify chart is because it operates so differently.

If you think about iTunes now, to go top 5 that's probably equivalent of roughly 1,500-2,000 sales in 24 hours. If those same 1,500-2,000 people streamed Strong in the same 24 hour period, where would it appear in the daily Spotify streaming chart?

Looking at https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest on Monday, the #200 track got streamed 42,746 times. If Spotify had an impulse playlist consisting of songs that have been played on tv shows in the previous 24 hours, i'd bet London Grammar would soon appear inside the top 200, possibly higher up too.

Until Spotify have a curated playlist like this, we will forever have album tracks from Ed Sheeran, Juice WRLD, Post Malone, Drake etc... clogging up the daily charts.

Comment

• Yes I'm in no way sticking up for streaming, I find the curated playlists as boring as most on here! Just passing comment on iTunes and how it stands in 2020. I wonder if it'll even exist in another five years.

Comment

• ALBUMS CHART

1 Gerry Cinnamon - The Bonny
                                            7 Enter Shikari - Nothing Is True & Everything Is Possible
                                            16 EOB - Earth
                                            48 The Primals - Out of the Shadows - EP
                                            49 Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
                                            53 Twinnie - Hollywood Gypsy
                                            59 Duke Dumont - Duality
                                            60 R.A. the Rugged Man - All My Heroes Are Dead
                                            73 Tom Jenkins - When The Coal Dust Settled (MA)
                                            74 Incubus - Trust Fall (Side B) (MA)
                                            118 Riverdale Cast - Riverdale: Special Episode - Hedwig and the Angry Inch the Musical (Original Television Soundtrack)
                                            132 Paul Van Dyk - Escape Reality
                                            133 The Black Dahlia Murder - Verminous
                                            185 Voces8 - After Silence III. Redemption
                                            186 Rina Sawayama - Sawayama
                                            187 Nafe Smallz - Goat World
                                            221 Paul Leonard-Morgan & Philip Glass - Tales from the Loop (Original TV Soundtrack)
                                            222 The Four Owls - Nocturnal Instinct
                                            Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 17, 2020, 03:31.

Comment

• Friday Singles
                                              Top Ten
                                              1 Vera Lynn & Katherine Jenkins - We'll Meet Again (NHS Charity Single)
                                              2 The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
                                              3 SAINt JHN - Roses (Imanbek Remix)
                                              4 Dua Lipa - Physical
                                              5 NEW Sam Smith & Demi Lovato - I'm Ready
                                              6 James Blunt - The Greatest
                                              7 Harry Styles - Falling
                                              8 Tones And I - Dance Monkey
                                              9 Powfu - death bed (feat. beabadoobee) [coffee for your head]
                                              10 Drake - Toosie Slide

Breakers, new and climbers...

16 NEW Bob Dylan - I Contain Multitudes
                                              17 RE-ENTRY McFly - All About You
                                              21 NEW Florence + the Machine - Light Of Love
                                              24 NEW Kelly Clarkson - I Dare You
                                              32 Skerryvore - Everyday Heroes (NHS Charity Single)
                                              38 Gerry & The Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone
                                              40 NEW Angels & Airwaves - All That's Left Is Love
                                              43 Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
                                              48 NEW The Singing Dentist - I Like Your Molars
                                              54 Jonas Blue & Paloma Faith - Mistakes
                                              55 NEW Breathe Harmony NHS Choir - Anytime You Need a Friend
                                              56 NEW Tiësto & Becky Hill - Nothing Really Matters
                                              62 Gerry Cinnamon - Where We’re Going
                                              67 Marcus Mumford - You'll Never Walk Alone
                                              68 S1mba - Rover (feat. DTG)
                                              69 Surfaces - Sunday Best
                                              70 NEW Gabbie Hanna - Dandelion
                                              71 NEW Payton - Love Letter
                                              72 NEW Kygo - Freedom (feat. Zak Abel)
                                              73 Bill Withers - Lean On Me
                                              74 J Boog - Let's Do It Again
                                              75 NEW Billie Joe Armstrong - I Think We're Alone Now
                                              78 Kygo, Zara Larsson & Tyga - Like It Is
                                              87 NEW Jeff Beck & Johnny Depp - Isolation
                                              92 NEW Hayley Williams - Why We Ever
                                              100 Gerry Cinnamon - Head in the Clouds

Comment

• Why McFly?

Charity singles surely make no money anymore. If they were selling Vera and Katherine on CD in Tesco they might.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  Why McFly?

Charity singles surely make no money anymore. If they were selling Vera and Katherine on CD in Tesco they might.
                                                  https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9470251.html

Don't know if that's the new version on the chart.

They aren't going to manufacture CD singles during lockdown. You can't expect all the artists to stop asking people to donate to the NHS through downloads or streams. Streams are also included in donations, however small that amount may be.

I think the Jenkins and Lynn thing is getting enough publicity to justify the release and it seems to be holding on well.

James Blunt song is also NHS. As is The Singing Dentist - a YT vid from 3 years ago - cover of I Like To Move It.
                                                  Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 17, 2020, 15:18.

Comment

• ALBUMS CHART

1 Gerry Cinnamon - The Bonny
                                                    2 (7) Enter Shikari - Nothing Is True & Everything Is Possible
                                                    3 (16) EOB - Earth
                                                    4 (49) Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
                                                    8 (53) Twinnie - Hollywood Gypsy
                                                    9 (74) Incubus - Trust Fall (Side B) (MA)
                                                    14 (60) R.A. the Rugged Man - All My Heroes Are Dead
                                                    17 (NE) DVSN - A Muse In Her Feelings
                                                    18 (186) Rina Sawayama - Sawayama
                                                    19 (59) Duke Dumont - Duality
                                                    22 (NE) The White Buffalo - On The Widow's Walk
                                                    26 (NE) Westside Gunn - Pray For Paris
                                                    28 (222) The Four Owls - Nocturnal Instinct
                                                    31 (187) Nafe Smallz - Goat World
                                                    35 (133) The Black Dahlia Murder - Verminous
                                                    42 (NE) Kelly Clarkson - I Dare You (Multi-Language Duets) - EP
                                                    43 (NE) DaBaby - Blame It On Baby
                                                    51 (132) Paul Van Dyk - Escape Reality
                                                    56 (NE) The Rifles - Live at the Roundhouse
                                                    58 (73) Tom Jenkins - When The Coal Dust Settled (MA)
                                                    60 (NE) Róisín Murphy - Murphy's Law (Crooked Mixes)
                                                    77 (NE) Spring Harvest - Spring Harvest Home Unleashed (Live)
                                                    98 (NE) Ron Sexsmith - Hermitage
                                                    99 (NE) Dan Avidan & Super Guitar Bros - Dan Avidan & Super Guitar Bros
                                                    100 (NE) Tech N9ne - Enterfear
                                                    101 (NE) The Smith Street Band - Don't Waste Your Anger
                                                    124 (185) Voces8 - After Silence III. Redemption

Comment

Working...
                                                    X