No announcement yet.

MTV Top 20 Video Countdown (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Peace Choir was a response to the Gulf War that premiered the day before. Weirdly enough there were a few artists who did both that and Voices that Care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenne View Post

I remember Madonna laying on a bed and singing in Into the Groove music video, but maybe that was from the movie?
      True, I saw it on one of the Starz Encore channels many years ago.

Comment

• Are there any spreadsheet templates for music charts that also tabulate points based on chart performance? Want to do something for the top 20.

Comment

• 4/21/90: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7BZtLgZAz4&t=624s

Comment

• Thanks! I forgot to post that one when I found it.

Comment

• For the week of June 29th, 1984, I read in The Miami News that Rod Stewart went from 12 to 8 and Prince jumped 9 spots from 19, so it would look like this so far:

June 29, 1984:

01) Billy Idol - Eyes without a Face (3rd week at #1)
              08) Rod Stewart - Infatuation
              10) Prince and The Revolution - When Doves Cry
              Last edited by Phoenix; Fri July 3rd, 2020, 13:23.

Comment

• I have a feeling Ghostbusters was #1 the missing week before "Missing You" took the top spot. (IIRC the former was run during a #1's weekend montage.)

ETA: Throwing in a guess that "Mercedes Boy" by Pebbles might have made it on to the chart for a week at #20 on 7/15/88 instead of "Missed Opportunity" by Hall & Oates. The former was peaking on Billboard and in heavy rotation on MTV, albeit in its last week.
                Last edited by azul120; Wed July 8th, 2020, 09:12.

Comment

Working...
                X