No announcement yet.

MTV Top 20 Video Countdown (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well yeah, but it's likely TotW would have been the plunge of the week if there was an edition of the countdown in between the two weeks since it had the most ground to lose.

Anyways, any progress with the lists mrshortwhiteguy? And what formula did you use to come up with the year end top 100 lists?

Comment

• Several years ago, I started doing a top countdown of the year for the 90's using a formula of how well each video did in the top 5 (1 point for #5, 2 pts for #4... 5 pts for #1) and added the totals then ranked them. Cradle of Love was nowhere near #2 of 90 as it was on the official year end list. I made it halfway through '92 before giving up because I had a busy schedule at the time. If I can find that data I previously made, I might pick it back up and continue where I left off, but I don't know if I saved it to my external hard drive.

Back in late '97/ early '98 MTV used to play all time top 10 video countdowns segments based on a certain criteria, I typed those all down on a word processor but lost the information along with the weekly charts from 94 to the end, while missing several weeks.

I do remember a couple of the top 10's though

Rock Videos:
      1 Enter Sandman
      2 Smells Like Teen Spirit
      3 Cryin or Janie's Got a Gun
      4 November Rain or Welcome To the Jungle ?
      5 Under the Bridge ?
      6 Jeremy ?
      7 Hot For Teacher
      8 Closer (NIN)
      9 Sabotage ?
      10 One (Metallica)

Hair Band Videos:
      1 Pour Some Sugar On Me
      2 Wanted Dead or Alive
      3 Every Rose Has Its Thorn
      4 Welcome To the Jungle
      5 Home Sweet Home '86
      6 Here I Go Again
      7 Cherry Pie
      8 I Remember You
      9 Seventeen
      10 Dr Feelgood

Some of the videos may be slightly out of place in the top 4, but the rest are in order. Not sure the exact order for the Rock countdown

I noticed Wait by White Lion would spend 2 weeks at #4 but failed to make the '88 top 100. Their follow up hit When the Children Cry would be in the top 50 on the MTV Top 300 all time though. Never realized it was that big of a hit.
      "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~ Bob Marley

Comment

• I remember seeing Girl I’m Gonna Miss You not being on the 100 of 1989 and it went to number one and this was a year before the lip signing was proven to be true. That White Lion video would always get played years later on MTV so it’s no surprise it mad the all time lists especially with its hard hitting message. Worth noting that HSH 86 and Closer never made top 20. Hell, I’m surprised Manic Monday never charted. I was only 5 when it came out and I remember hearing it a lot on radio in my parent’s cars on the radio. Prince wrote it for crying out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by earthvssoup View Post
          I remember seeing Girl I’m Gonna Miss You not being on the 100 of 1989 and it went to number one and this was a year before the lip signing was proven to be true. That White Lion video would always get played years later on MTV so it’s no surprise it mad the all time lists especially with its hard hitting message. Worth noting that HSH 86 and Closer never made top 20. Hell, I’m surprised Manic Monday never charted. I was only 5 when it came out and I remember hearing it a lot on radio in my parent’s cars on the radio. Prince wrote it for crying out loud.
          Yeah I was surprised Manic Monday was only #99 on the '86 year end list, but would go on to make the all time countdowns. I know it peaked at #2 on Billboard.

There were a total of like 5 (or maybe a few more) videos that went to #1 and failed to make the year end list. Bruce Hornsby, Mike + the Mechanics, Bart Simpson, Matchbox 20, R.Kelly, and Keith Sweat come to mind. I have them all written down somewhere.

I'm also surprised Give It Away by RHCP never made the weekly top 20, it had alot of exposure and was considered ground breaking at the time. Does anyone know if the video aired in 91 or 92 on MTV?
          Last edited by Kenne; Thu July 23, 2020, 03:39.

Comment

• Give It Away premiered in fall '91 and was both an MTV Exclusive and Buzz Clip. (It was also among the 120 Minutes year end top 20 videos.) It had its second wind as Under the Bridge was running its course.

According to Billboard, Manic Monday had only 3-4 weeks in heavy rotation and spent most of it in active.

With some of those vids that didn't make the year end countdowns it felt like they couldn't figure out where to place to put them without under-ranking them.

Comment

• Also some of those videos that hit #1 that failed to make the year end list seem to have been released the year before and peaked at the top spot around January, maybe they figured it wasn't really from that year or would be forgotten about. I remember being surprised "I Believe I Can Fly" didn't make the top 100 of '97, since it was on the original MTV 500, albeit towards the end though and not pushed up during the 2nd iteration.

There's also been a few videos that spent 3 weeks at the #1 spot that didn't do very well on the year end list, i.e. Hazy Shade of Winter by the Bangles in '88 at #32 and Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow in '95 at #33, etc.
              Last edited by Kenne; Thu July 23, 2020, 11:47.

Comment

• Hazy Shade didn't do too badly for a video from the preceding year's countdown.

Comment

• Heaven Is a Place on Earth was #41 on the 88 year end list, but dropped off the weekly countdown before 1988 even started. That's kinda odd.

Comment

• Here's a link to the top 27 of the top 300 of all time, followed by the top half of the Power Chord countdown, a top 50 countdown of hard rock vids a couple months later. IIRC "Cum on Feel the Noize" and "Don't Treat Me Bad" were among the first 3 vids on the list. Also, "You Could Be Mine" was ~38, despite being barely over a month old. And yes, IIRC "Sweet Child O' Mine" was only G'n'R's 3rd highest ranked vid on the list, somewhere in the 20s IIRC.

Direct file links only, which kind of beats the risk of copyright removal. Just in case, here's the vids seen in the latter countdown:

1) Guns 'n Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"
                    2) Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar on Me"
                    3) Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"
                    4) Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
                    5) Aerosmith - "Janie's Got A Gun"
                    6) Motley Crue - "Same Ol' Situation (S. O. S.)"
                    7) Poison - "Something to Believe In"
                    8) Faith No More - "Epic"
                    9) Skid Row - "I Remember You"
                    10) Van Halen - "Jump"
                    11) Queensryche - "Silent Lucidity"
                    12) Guns 'n Roses - "Paradise City"
                    13) Slaughter - "Fly to the Angels"
                    14) Def Leppard - "Rocket"
                    15) Metallica - "One"
                    16) Aerosmith - "Rag Doll"
                    17) AC/DC - "You Shook Me All Night Long"
                    18) Billy Idol - "Cradle of Love"
                    19) Motley Crue - "Home Sweet Home"
                    20) Great White - "Once Bitten Twice Shy"
                    21) Scorpions - "Rock You Like A Hurricane"
                    22) Tesla - "Signs"
                    23) Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"
                    24) The Black Crowes - "Hard to Handle"
                    25) Van Halen - "Panama"

https://archive.org/details/1991-mtv-top-25-vhs-h-264

P. S. I remember 2 years later in late July '93 they did a top hard rock videos of the 90s to that point, which looked a lot different, needless to say. "I Remember You" was #35 or so, with "Would?" by Alice in Chains not too far behind.

Comment

• MTV also aired a top 25 rock videos of the 90's countdown in the summer of '96. I remember Enter Sandman being number one and Teen Spirit #2 followed by Cryin' at 3. Alice in Chains' Man in the Box was #12 and Would? was somewhere in the 20's. I could probably piece it together if I thought about it hard enough but I didn't see the entire countdown.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but here's a countdown from December '85 starting at #12. It's incorrectly posted as being from '86 though.

https://archive.org/details/1986.12...._December_1986
                      Last edited by Kenne; Tue August 4, 2020, 01:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenne View Post
                        MTV also aired a top 25 rock videos of the 90's countdown in the summer of '96. I remember Enter Sandman being number one and Teen Spirit #2 followed by Cryin' at 3. Alice in Chains' Man in the Box was #12 and Would? was somewhere in the 20's. I could probably piece it together if I thought about it hard enough but I didn't see the entire countdown.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but here's a countdown from December '85 starting at #12. It's incorrectly posted as being from '86 though.

https://archive.org/details/1986.12...._December_1986
                        I remember seeing it here. Starts at the tail end of Heart at 13 with Never. To think Divinyls came close to charting 5-6 years before I Touch Myself with its 20-18-13-11-9-12 run.

Comment

• There were many videos that got a clip played at the end of the show or just got a mention, but never actually made the countdown. Here are some of the videos I remember got a mention in 1990 & 1991:
                          Tina Turner-"Steamy Windows" (12/30/89)
                          Billy Joel - "The Downeaster Alexa" (April 1990)
                          The Lightning Seeds -"Pure" (May 1990)
                          Andrew Ridgeley-"Shake" (May 1990)
                          The Rolling Stones - "Highwire" (March 1991)
                          Rod Stewart - "The Motown Song"
                          Roxette - "Fading Like A Flower"

Comment

• In page 8 of this newspaper, we can see the very first MTV Top 20 Video Countdown. We already knew about this particular countdown, but it's interesting to see it published somewhere:

http://lib-www.jsu.edu/archives/chan...ch-22-1984.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by MRSHORTWHITEGUY View Post
                              There were many videos that got a clip played at the end of the show or just got a mention, but never actually made the countdown. Here are some of the videos I remember got a mention in 1990 & 1991:
                              Tina Turner-"Steamy Windows" (12/30/89)
                              Billy Joel - "The Downeaster Alexa" (April 1990)
                              The Lightning Seeds -"Pure" (May 1990)
                              Andrew Ridgeley-"Shake" (May 1990)
                              The Rolling Stones - "Highwire" (March 1991)
                              Rod Stewart - "The Motown Song"
                              Roxette - "Fading Like A Flower"
                              I remember Sweet Thing by Mick Jagger and Truganini by Midnight Oil being close but no cigar mentions as well in 1993.

Comment

• Here's what I remember:

Great White - "Call It Rock 'n Roll" (Spring '91)
                                Yes - "Lift Me Up" (June '91)
                                Young MC - "That's the Way Love Goes" (July '91)
                                BAD II - "Rush" (Nov. '91)
                                Rod Stewart - "Broken Arrow" (Nov. '91)
                                Prince - "My Name Is Prince" (Oct. '92 for 4 weeks)
                                Elton John - "The Last Song" (Oct' 92)
                                Go West - "Faithful" (1/17/93)
                                Prince - "The Morning Papers" (4/9/93)
                                Rod Stewart - "Having A Party" (12/24/93 and 1/7/94)
                                Rolling Stones - "You Got Me Rocking" - (Sept' 94)
                                Scarface - "I Never Seen A Man Cry" (1/27/95) (Last one in that format ever)

Also, the week they dropped off the first time, "Believe" from Lenny Kravitz and "Will You Be There" from Michael Jackson were given bumps for a possible return, which they both did on separate occasions.
                                Last edited by azul120; Sat August 8, 2020, 23:32.

Comment

• Hi,

could be "like a virgin" and "material girl" number one in mtv top 20?

because misse many weeks in 84/85

like a virgin
                                  ... - ? - 02 - ? - 15 - ?

material girl
                                  20 - 05 - ? 05 ? ? 18

Comment

• other questions:

dont cry for me argentina not entry in top 20?

ray of light?

holiday 1990 live?

Comment

• Originally posted by madboy1 View Post
                                      other questions:

dont cry for me argentina not entry in top 20?

ray of light?

holiday 1990 live?
                                      Holiday never made it even though it was an MTV exclusive at the time. Ray Of Light had the last two episodes of the show at 19 and 17. I don't recall any video for Argentina. YMLM had a run of 20-18-17-13-12-11-18.

Comment

• Circle in the Sand intro for 6/3/88.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=392PJ7qt9OY

Comment

• Originally posted by azul120 View Post
                                          Circle in the Sand intro for 6/3/88.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=392PJ7qt9OY
                                          That new Showtime documentary is worth checking out.

Comment

• apparently in the fall of '92 MTV ran a top 200 of all time countdown, does anyone know what the top of that list was like?

Comment

• There was a bit of movement, except for the top 6 which was the same.

7) (10) REM - "Losing My Religion"
                                              8) (9) ZZ Top - "Legs"
                                              9) (15) U2 - "With or Without You"
                                              10) (13) Aerosmith - "Janie's Got a Gun"
                                              11) (95) Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge"
                                              12) (7) Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead Or Alive"
                                              13) (12) INXS - "Need You Tonight"
                                              14) (New) Guns 'n Roses - "November Rain"
                                              16) (11) The Police - "Every Breath You Take"
                                              17) (16) Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
                                              19) (46) Janet Jackson - "Love Will Never Do Without You"
                                              20) (~192) Van Halen - "Right Now"
                                              22) (37) Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
                                              23) (8) MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"
                                              24) (23) Bryan Adams - "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)"
                                              25) (64) Guns 'n Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"
                                              26) (36) Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
                                              28) (14) Paula Abdul - "Opposites Attract"
                                              31) (27) Queensryche - "Silent Lucidity"
                                              32) (21) John Cougar - "Jack and Diane"
                                              33) (19) Guns 'n Roses - "You Could Be Mine"
                                              35) (30) Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"
                                              ~36-39) (40) Mariah Carey - "Someday"
                                              40) (63) C + C Music Factory - "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"
                                              41) (90) Eric Clapton - "Tears In Heaven"
                                              42?) (~162) U2 - "One"
                                              44?) (New) Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam"
                                              ~46) (45) Faith No More - "Epic"
                                              48) (New) En Vogue - "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)"
                                              55) (17) Janet Jackson - "Miss You Much"
                                              60) (52?) Skid Row - "I Remember You"
                                              ~61) (80) Boyz II Men - "Motownphilly"
                                              69?) (~155) Metallica - "The Unforgiven"
                                              72?) (58) Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - "Good Vibrations"
                                              75) (New) Pearl Jam - "Jeremy"
                                              86) (82) Guns 'n Roses - "Don't Cry"
                                              89) (New) Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
                                              90) (78) Extreme - "More than Words"
                                              95) (71) REM - "The One I Love"
                                              96) (~127) C + C Music Factory - "Here We Go"
                                              ~97) (76) Motley Crue - "Without You"
                                              99) (180) LL Cool J - "Mama Said Knock You Out"
                                              100) (62) Bon Jovi - "You Give Love A Bad Name"
                                              103?) (125) Def Leppard - "Let's Get Rocked"

124) Jesus Jones - "Right Here Right Now"
                                              125) (?) Def Leppard - "Photograph"
                                              127) (60) Don Henley - "Boys of Summer"

143) (200) Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters"
                                              145) (146) Nirvana - "Come As You Are"
                                              154) (101) EMF - "Unbelievable"
                                              155) (New) TLC - "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"
                                              160) (?) U2 - "Desire"
                                              162) (New) Pearl Jam - "Alive"
                                              164) (48) Poison - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"
                                              168) (New) Nirvana - "Lithium"
                                              178) (137?) Kris Kross - "Jump"
                                              183?) (New) Pearl Jam - "Evenflow"
                                              185?) (?) Motley Crue - "Kickstart My Heart"
                                              186?) (190) Boyz II Men - "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday"
                                              190) (New) Arrested Development - "Tennessee"
                                              192) (198) Aerosmith - "Dream On (from MTV 10)"
                                              193) (New) Michael Jackson - "Jam"
                                              196) (New) Temple of the Dog - "Hunger Strike"
                                              197) (197) Mariah Carey - "Emotions"
                                              199) (86) Color Me Badd - "I Wanna Sex You Up"
                                              200) (New) TLC - "Baby Baby Baby"
                                              Last edited by azul120; Tue August 25, 2020, 23:27.

Comment

• Interesting.

Originally posted by azul120 View Post
                                                There was a bit of movement, except for the top 6 which was the same.
                                                All 6 were the same? What were they?

How long of a gap was there between the 2 airings, if you recall?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenne View Post
                                                  Interesting.

All 6 were the same? What were they?

How long of a gap was there between the 2 airings, if you recall?
                                                  From earlier in the thread (did a thread search):

1) Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
                                                  2) Peter Gabriel - "Sledgehammer"
                                                  3) Guns 'n Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
                                                  4) Madonna - "Vogue"
                                                  5) Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me"
                                                  6) Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing"

The gap was 4 months. Still larger than the two summer '94 countdowns (9 weeks).

Also, here's what I remember of the '93 Memorial Day 200 (spots from Feb '93 countdown in parentheses):

1) (1) Guns 'n Roses - "November Rain"
                                                  2) (2) Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
                                                  3) Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
                                                  4) REM - "Losing My Religion"
                                                  5) Pearl Jam - "Jeremy"
                                                  6) Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You"
                                                  7) U2 - "One"
                                                  8) Guns 'n Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
                                                  9) Aerosmith - "Janie's Got A Gun"
                                                  10) Madonna - "Vogue"
                                                  11) Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge"
                                                  12) Boyz II Men - "End of the Road"
                                                  13) Van Halen - "Right Now"
                                                  14) Peter Gabriel - "Sledgehammer"
                                                  15) Madonna - "Express Yourself"
                                                  16) Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
                                                  17) Janet Jackson - "Love Will Never Do Without You"
                                                  18) U2 - "With or Without You"
                                                  19) Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me"
                                                  20) Eric Clapton - "Tears In Heaven"
                                                  21) Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
                                                  22) Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing"
                                                  23) INXS - "Need You Tonight"
                                                  24) En Vogue - "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
                                                  25)
                                                  26)
                                                  27) Mariah Carey - "I'll Be There"
                                                  28) Pearl Jam - "Evenflow"
                                                  29) Arrested Development - "Mr. Wendal"
                                                  30) Metallica - "One"
                                                  31)
                                                  32)
                                                  33?) Boyz II Men - "Motownphilly"
                                                  34) (New) Spin Doctors - "Two Princes"
                                                  35) Guns 'n Roses - "Don't Cry"
                                                  36)
                                                  37)
                                                  38)
                                                  39) The Black Crowes - "Hard to Handle"
                                                  40) Duran Duran - "Hungry Like the Wolf"
                                                  41) (New) Naughty By Nature - "Hip Hop Hooray"
                                                  42) (42?) Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam"
                                                  43) Madonna - "Into the Groove"
                                                  44) Queensryche - "Silent Lucidity"
                                                  45) Mariah Carey - "Someday"
                                                  46) The Cure - "Just Like Heaven"
                                                  47) Guns 'n Roses - "You Could Be Mine"
                                                  48)
                                                  49?) Arrested Development - "Tennessee"
                                                  50?) Motley Crue - "Home Sweet Home"
                                                  51) (50) U2 - "Mysterious Ways"
                                                  52)
                                                  53)
                                                  54) (53) Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
                                                  55) (54) Bryan Adams - "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)"
                                                  56)
                                                  57?) (51) Bobby Brown - "My Prerogative"
                                                  58?) (44) Ozzy Osbourne - "Mama I'm Coming Home"
                                                  59?) a-ha - "Take On Me"
                                                  60) (86) Nirvana - "Come As You Are"
                                                  61) (132) Sir Mix A Lot - "Baby Got Back"
                                                  62) (New) Ugly Kid Joe - "Cats in the Cradle"
                                                  63)
                                                  64) (New) Dr. Dre - "Nuthin' But A G Thang"
                                                  65?) (65) Metallica - "The Unforgiven"
                                                  66?) (55) Janet Jackson - "Black Cat"
                                                  67?) (56) REM - "The One I Love"
                                                  68)
                                                  69)
                                                  70)
                                                  71)
                                                  72) (75) Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer"
                                                  73) (96) En Vogue - "Giving Him Something He Can Feel"
                                                  74)
                                                  75) (70) Pearl Jam - "Alive"
                                                  76) (87) Mariah Carey - "Emotions"
                                                  77)
                                                  78)
                                                  79)
                                                  80) Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"
                                                  81)
                                                  82)
                                                  83)
                                                  84)
                                                  85) (66) C + C Music Factory - "Everybody Dance Now"
                                                  86) Van Halen - "Hot for Teacher"
                                                  87) Janet Jackson - "Miss You Much"
                                                  88) Def Leppard - "Love Bites"
                                                  89)
                                                  90?) (61) Faith No More - "Epic"
                                                  91?) (90) The Black Crowes - "She Talks to Angels"
                                                  92)
                                                  93?) Bobby Brown - "Every Little Step"
                                                  94)
                                                  95?) Bell Biv Devoe - "Poison"
                                                  96)
                                                  97) (95) Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters"
                                                  98)
                                                  99) (91) Arrested Development - "People Everyday"
                                                  100?) Depeche Mode - "Personal Jesus"
                                                  101?) (72) LL Cool J - "Mama Said Knock You Out"
                                                  102?) (83?) Aerosmith - "Sweet Emotion"
                                                  103?) (New) Snow - "Informer"

107?) Salt 'n Pepa - "Let's Talk About Sex"

113) (59) Nirvana - "In Bloom"

115?) TLC - "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"

117?) Duran Duran - "Rio"

125) (139) Spin Doctors - "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"

130) (117) Nirvana - "Lithium"
                                                  131) (105) Billy Idol - "Cradle of Love"
                                                  132) (62) En Vogue - "Free Your Mind"

136?) (128?) Michael Jackson - "Jam"
                                                  137?) (97) Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"
                                                  138) (136) Madonna - "Open Your Heart"
                                                  139) (125) Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"
                                                  140) (147) TLC - "What About Your Friends"
                                                  141?) U2 - "Where the Streets Have No Name"
                                                  142) (137) Extreme - "More than Words"

145) Midnight Oil - "Beds Are Burning"

147) (New) Green Jelly - "Three Little Pigs"
                                                  148) (130?) Aerosmith - "Dream On (Live from MTV 10)"
                                                  149) (142?) Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - "Good Vibrations"
                                                  150) (157) Metallica - "Sad But True"
                                                  151) (82) Genesis - "Land of Confusion"

155?) (New) Duran Duran - "Ordinary World"
                                                  156?) Toad the Wet Sprocket - "All I Want"

159) (121) John Cougar - "Jack and Diane"
                                                  160) (138) Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Higher Ground"
                                                  161) (148?) George Michael - "Father Figure"
                                                  162) (143?) Skid Row - "I Remember You"
                                                  163) Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"

167) Shai - "If I Ever Fall In Love"

171) (167) Wreckx-n-Effect - "Rump Shaker"
                                                  173?) (155?) Jesus Jones - "Right Here Right Now"
                                                  174?) (148) Tesla - "Signs"
                                                  178) (New) Ice Cube - "It Was a Good Day"
                                                  179) Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name"
                                                  180) (New) Janet Jackson - "That's the Way Love Goes"
                                                  181) (141) The Cars - "You Might Think"
                                                  182) Alice In Chains - "Would"
                                                  183) (142?) Guns 'n Roses - "Live and Let Die"
                                                  184)
                                                  185) CeCe Peniston - "Finally"
                                                  186) (148?) INXS - "Devil Inside"
                                                  187?) Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "Don't Come Around Here No More"
                                                  188?) (125?) Phil Collins - "In the Air Tonight"
                                                  189) U2 - "Angel of Harlem"
                                                  190) (New) Silk - "Freak Me"
                                                  191) (168) The Scorpions - "Wind of Change"
                                                  192) Mary J. Blige - "Real Love"
                                                  193) Skid Row - "18 and Life"
                                                  194?) Def Leppard - "Animal"
                                                  195) Van Halen - "Top of the World"
                                                  196) Toad the Wet Sprocket - "Walk on the Ocean"
                                                  197) George Michael - "Freedom"
                                                  198)
                                                  199) The Cure - "Lovesong"
                                                  200) Michael Jackson - "Man in the Mirror"
                                                  Last edited by azul120; Fri August 28, 2020, 08:31.

Comment

• I wonder if Jeremy is one of the missing ones from the top 20 of 200 in '92, wouldn't surprise me given it's popularity at the time.

You Could Be Mine is listed twice at #47 & #183

Nice to see Alice in Chains just sneak in on the 93 list.

I'm wondering if Free Fallin was in the top 50 somewhere or close.

That list seems skewed towards recent hits though with some placings that didn't do too well on the year end countdown only a year before.

I'm surprised Duran Duran had started to slip, they had their comeback around that time with Ordinary World.
                                                    Last edited by Kenne; Tue August 25, 2020, 19:53.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X