No announcement yet.

HITS #1: Sales/SPS Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Sales are absolutely TERRIBLE for this time of the year. Even SPS can't lift them.

Comment

• Abysmal projections for Luke Bryan! I'm really shocked at these low numbers.
      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild
        Wow! Sales are absolutely TERRIBLE for this time of the year. Even SPS can't lift them.
        Eminem is coming

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor
          Abysmal projections for Luke Bryan! I'm really shocked at these low numbers.
          I was surprised when i saw his numbers, i thought he used to do much more... but to be fair, i'm also surprised Chris Stapleton didn't do more with "Volume 2"

Comment

• In the streaming era it is clear there will be no more "Quarter 4 boost". The charts will stay relative in numbers throughout the entire year.
            Originally posted by Hamzi94
            Originally posted by Debs_Wild
            Wow! Sales are absolutely TERRIBLE for this time of the year. Even SPS can't lift them.
            Eminem is coming
            Even Eminem isn't safe. There is absolutely zero hype around this new album.

It's really a toss-up how he will do first week, but this album is gonna drop down the charts quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
              Originally posted by trebor
              Luke Bryan
              I was surprised when i saw his numbers, i thought he used to do much more... but to be fair, i'm also surprised Chris Stapleton didn't do more with "Volume 2"
              Luke: Yes, he had impressive first week sales in the past. Will probably be the first (but his debut) not to move 1M in pure sales (unless there's a ticket bundle with a Tour Edition CD).
              Stapleton: Not surprised TBQH. Let's see how this does in the long run.
              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by iHypeMusic
                In the streaming era it is clear there will be no more "Quarter 4 boost". The charts will stay relative in numbers throughout the entire year.
                Eminem is coming

It's really a toss-up how he will do first week, but this album is gonna drop down the charts quick.
                this is the most foolish comment i've ever read, do you really follow the charts? you realise he has a song with ed sheeran and it's already #1 on Spotify and itunes all over the world, this is gonna be the #1 single all over the world for the next 3 months and is gonna help sell the album like donuts, I think it's gonna keep selling well into all of 2018 if they pick the right singles, the album has lots of potential big hits especially the duet with Alicia Keys and the one with Pink is fantastic too, and I'm not even a fan

Comment

• Originally posted by borneoman
                  Originally posted by iHypeMusic
                  In the streaming era it is clear there will be no more "Quarter 4 boost". The charts will stay relative in numbers throughout the entire year.
                  Eminem is coming

this is the most foolish comment i've ever read, do you really follow the charts? you realise he has a song with ed sheeran and it's already #1 on Spotify and itunes all over the world, this is gonna be the #1 single all over the world for the next 3 months and is gonna help sell the album like donuts, I think it's gonna keep selling well into all of 2018 if they pick the right singles, the album has lots of potential big hits especially the duet with Alicia Keys and the one with Pink is fantastic too, and I'm not even a fan
                  You realize.... I wrote that 3 days ago. Before that song was released? And his lead single wasn't Top 100 on iTunes? Second released song wasn't Top 50?

Not to be a hater, but even though he (thankfully) is getting a hit with this album, I don't see it doing nearly as well as the previous album still.

Comment

• IHypeMusic was right! Don't take it so personal, borneoman. It's just numbers. I think Em's figure will increase.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=309769

Saturday, December 16, 2017

YOUR SHADY NEW RELEASES

The long-awaited new set from Eminem leads the week's pack of new releases; here's how things look based on early reads.

Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 280-300k total, 190-210k album
                    G-Eazy (BPG/Revels Group/RCA) 135-155k, 85-95k
                    Jeezy (Def Jam) 55-65k, 35-40k
                    Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Walt Disney) 38-44k, 36-40k
                    N.E.R.D. (N.E.R.D./Columbia) 16-21k, 9-12k

Comment

• The long-awaited new set from Eminem leads the week's pack of new releases; here's how things look based on early reads.

G-Eazy (BPG/Revels Group/RCA) 135-155k, 85-95k
                      Jeezy (Def Jam) 55-65k, 35-40k
                      Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Walt Disney) 38-44k, 36-40k
                      N.E.R.D. (N.E.R.D./Columbia) 16-21k, 9-12k
                      His last album sold 800K first week, and this will be lucky to sell 500K total.

So much for me being ridiculous!

Comment

• Re: HITS: Eminem (280-300k total, 190-210k album) #OUCH

I am absolutely shocked.

For me, this is the ultimate proof that nobody is protected from the decline in the music industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                          I am absolutely shocked.

For me, this is the ultimate proof that nobody is protected from the decline in the music industry.
                          I don't think its the decline. There was far less buzz for him this time around. I didn't even know his album was actually out until I saw the production. People simply lost interest. But he can still turn it around with singles.
                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                            #OUCH indeed. Serves him right for going against Trump supporters. He will probably end up like KT Perry.

Comment

• Yeah, he's been crap for a while. I couldn't quite believe his last album sold so much, now the quality matches the "success" I'm afraid.
                              "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by thebigham
                                #OUCH indeed. Serves him right for going against Trump supporters. He will probably end up like KT Perry.
                                Eminem has been in the industry since 99. Not 2007.

At least we know you like Trump.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

For me N.E.R.D. having 20k is much more shocking
                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Not too surprised by Eminem's numbers. He's four years removed from his last studio album, and this is his first LP in the new streaming era, which doesn't really favour older hip/hop acts. All that, compounded with no big hit pre-album release, and 300K with sales and streaming isn't bad. That'd give him the third biggest bow after Taylor and P!nk this year, I believe.
                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Lawd...
                                      Originally posted by beredy
                                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• This is his worst album and promotion is weak

Comment

Originally posted by thebigham
                                          I don't think we need political comments that border on fascism in the chart analysis section.
                                          ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• It is very, very bad for sure, but for 2017 standards its actually fine

Comment

• Not surprising, there's no hype for this new era and to be honest, I don't think his style of rapping and bashing is still popular in 2017.

Comment

• I think it's more his fans aren't interested in all these pop collaborations. Yes he did Stan but that song was perfection and Dido was a nobody at the time.

What die hard Eminem fan is going to get excited about an Ed "most overrated popstar in the world" Sheeran collaboration!!!!!

Maybe if he went back to him roots and produced song good solo work people would be more pumped.

Comment

• I'm actually rooting for G-Eazy! Hope he's gonna pull bigger numbers. His album is really good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15
                                                    Yes he did Stan but that song was perfection and Dido was a nobody at the time.
                                                    edit: Sorry.
                                                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X