No announcement yet.

HITS #1: Sales/SPS Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^They are re-issues. They will chart. Billboard allows Catalog albums to chart on the Billboard 200.

Comment

• Great then let´s hope to see a triple Zeppelin top 10 re-issue debut
      But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
      and don't forget the joker

Comment

• Originally posted by Nackar
        Four albums below 5k in the top fifty, yeesh.
        Oh my god, I only discover this now . That's simply shocking! Sales have dropped for years, so that's not shocking, but the fact how much has happened within the last year because it's going down way too fast... Interesting to add that it basically started from the moment sales were no longer published.
        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
          50 Cent's downfall is extreme but on the other hand so understandable because... His music got like uninsteresting at one point and from then on there was no more place for him in the music business, pretty much like what happened with Limp Bizkit.

Mariah Carey has been on the fall for a couple of years now but it still didn't feel as extreme as in 50 Cent's case.
          i wouldn't call 2 consecutive albums which nearly sold the same (Memoirs: 550k, MCIIY: 530k) freefalling. But her reign has been over since 1999 and only enjoyed another short-lived high in 2005/06.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
            Originally posted by Timmy94
            50 Cent's downfall is extreme but on the other hand so understandable because... His music got like uninsteresting at one point and from then on there was no more place for him in the music business, pretty much like what happened with Limp Bizkit.

Mariah Carey has been on the fall for a couple of years now but it still didn't feel as extreme as in 50 Cent's case.
            i wouldn't call 2 consecutive albums which nearly sold the same (Memoirs: 550k, MCIIY: 530k) freefalling. But her reign has been over since 1999 and only enjoyed another short-lived high in 2005/06.
            6 million, under 1.5 million, 500,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Nackar
              Four albums below 5k in the top fifty, yeesh.
              Oh my god, I only discover this now . That's simply shocking! Sales have dropped for years, so that's not shocking, but the fact how much has happened within the last year because it's going down way too fast... Interesting to add that it basically started when sales weren't published no longer.
              that is truely shocking. I remember when The Remixes by MC debuted in the #20's selling 41k or when you had to reach at least 5k to enter the top 200. sigh those days are gone. This year will see a steep sales decline, I wouldn't be surprised if US albums sales decrease by another 20% in 2014 (that would be one fifth of the entire market which is just... gone).
              My Chart

Comment

• Sounds plausible if you see it that way, I was rather focusing on the period from 2005 on. Was her last Christmas album a proper studio album? I was actually leaving that one out and only talked about Emancipation - E=MC² - Memoirs - Chanteuse.
                Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by PDC1987
                  Originally posted by stevyy

i get the gist, but freefalling indicates a straight downfall without reaching a plateau and then plummet further

it's: actually: 0,6m, 1m, 1m, 0,2m, 6m, 1,3m, 0,1m, 0,5m, 0,5m + Elusive = 0,1m
                  My Chart

Comment

Sounds plausible if you see it that way, I was rather focusing on the period from 2005 on. Was her last Christmas album a proper studio album? I was actually leaving that one out and only talked about Emancipation - E=MC² - Memoirs - Chanteuse.
                    yes then it's free falling, i would agree.

OT: but I think Christmas albums are also somehow studio albums. I mean a huge junk of Mariah's soundscan total stems from Holiday music (exactly 5,8-9m albums sold, that's around 9% of her total soundscan sales).
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                      Originally posted by PDC1987
                      Originally posted by stevyy

i get the gist, but freefalling indicates a straight downfall without reaching a plateau and then plummet further

it's: actually: 0,6m, 1m, 1m, 0,2m, 6m, 1,3m, 0,1m, 0,5m, 0,5m + Elusive = 0,1m
                      Spin, spin, spin.

Nobody cares about the irrelevant shit in between studio albums.

Comment

• Mariah Carey remains unbothered by this thread's shade. 54,2M on Soundscan
                        Mariah Carey
                        Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

Comment

• When should we expect an updated sales projection for next week? They gave out a very early one yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                            ^About 2pm EST, New York City time.
                            ^I already answered your question the other day.

Comment

• I mean for the second update where they have the top 15 with sales estimates (not just new releases). Wasn't the early update yesterday the one that usually comes out at 2:00 PM eastern?

Comment

• Miranda finally taking No.1 spot! the sales are not bad, but june/july will be terribly low.
                                Bad for Fiddy as well

Comment

• Originally posted by M3R7C
                                  I mean for the second update where they have the top 15 with sales estimates (not just new releases). Wasn't the early update yesterday the one that usually comes out at 2:00 PM eastern?
                                  No.

The Tuesday estimates is something new HITS has recently started doing. Those figures are what the indsutry thinks the album will sell.

Wednesday's update is based solely on first sales sales. That came out today.

The weekend Top 15 comes out Thursday afternoons around 6pm EST.

Comment

• http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... rd-50-cent

Country star Miranda Lambert is set for her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart -- and her best sales week yet. The singer's new release, "Platinum," could sell upwards of 175,000 copies in the week ending June 8 -- according to industry forecasters.

After Lambert, look for rapper 50 Cent to nab the next-highest new entry on the Billboard 200. His new "Animal Ambition" album (his first independently-distributed set after departing Interscope Records) might sell upwards of 35,000 -- good enough for a top 10 debut.

Comment

• Really great figures for Lamber, I somehow think she'll do even more though.

Comment

• Excellent figures for Lambert! I knew the 120-150k would end up being too low, really pleased : )

Comment

• If I was her I would have called the album "Gold", but then again I'm not a risk-taker.

YOUR NEW RELEASES: With her fifth release, RCA Nashville's Miranda Lambert will score her biggest yet first week; with each album, she has bested her previous debut. Rhino's reissues of Led Zeppelin's first three albums look solid for a Top 15 debut, with at least one set likely to land in the Top 10. Sony Masterworks' If/Then: A New Musical ST, featuring Idina Menzel is also a strong Top 15 contender, as Frozen breakout Menzel will perform on the Tony Awards this Sunday. Here are the week's key debuts:

Miranda Lambert (RCA Nashville) 170-180k
                                          50 Cent (G-Unit) 35-40k
                                          Now Country 7 (NOW) 25-28k
                                          Led Zeppelin I (Rhino) 25-28k
                                          Led Zeppelin II (Rhino) 24-27k
                                          Led Zeppelin III (Rhino) 24-27k
                                          Lucy Hale (DMG Nashville) 22-25k
                                          If/Then: A New Musical (Sony Masterworks) 15-18k
                                          Soundgarden, Superunknown 20th Anniversary (UMe) 10-12k
                                          Birdy (Atlantic) 10-12k
                                          Jesus Culture (Jesus Culture) 10-12k
                                          Emblem3 (Emblem3) 8-10k

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiderpig
                                            If I was her I would have called the album "Gold", but then again I'm not a risk-taker.
                                            After 4 consecutive platinum albums, the chances are not that bad that the new album is going to do similar. And why sell yourself under your worth ?

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Thanks for the info Bigham!

Comment

• Congrats to Miranda! She'll surely get lots of Grammy love later this year!

Comment

• YOUR TOP 15: Miranda Lambert holds at 170-180k today as the top of next week's chart begins to take shape. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend.

*Miranda Lambert (RCA Nashville) 170-180k
                                                  Frozen (Walt Disney) 50-55k
                                                  Brantley Gilbert (Valory) 50-55k
                                                  Coldplay (Parlophone) 45-50k
                                                  Now 50 (NOW) 40-45k
                                                  *50 Cent (G-Unit) 35-40k
                                                  *Now Country 7 (NOW) 25-28k
                                                  Led Zeppelin I (Rhino) 25-28k
                                                  Michael Jackson (Epic) 24-27k
                                                  Led Zeppelin II (Rhino) 24-27k
                                                  Led Zeppelin III (Rhino) 22-25k
                                                  The Black Keys (Nonesuch/Warner Bros.) 21-24k
                                                  *Lucy Hale (DMG Nashville) 19-21k
                                                  Fault In Our Stars (Atlantic) 15-18k
                                                  OneRepublic (Interscope) 15-18k
                                                  Iggy Azalea (Grand Hustle/Def Jam) 15-18k
                                                  *If/Then: A New Musical (Sony Masterworks) 15-18k

Comment

• Can't believe Mariah will drop out of the top 15, I know some people expected it - but it still doesn't seem real.

Comment

• What I can't believe: who in November thought Frozen could be T2 more than 6 months later?

Comment

• A big ******* mess.

Good for Led Zeppelin!
                                                        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• wow Frozen beating Coldplay already (in their 3rd week only)!

Comment

• wow at Miranda! finally No.1, the sales are quite very good for June release

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                                              Can't believe Mariah will drop out of the top 15, I know some people expected it - but it still doesn't seem real.
                                                              I get what you are saying... But the era is one big fail, so I predicted ~ 15k for week 2, who knows, maybe it's even less...

Originally posted by borneoman
                                                              wow Frozen beating Coldplay already (in their 3rd week only)!
                                                              But Coldplay's sales are dropping way too fast, don't they? Already predicted to drop below 50k in week 3, doesn't seem good :-? ... Kind of reminds me of Eric Church's album which also dropped very fast in its first few weeks .

Originally posted by tada
                                                              wow at Miranda! finally No.1, the sales are quite very good for June release
                                                              Don't think that Miranda is much of a holiday seller, so the period of release doesn't seem be that much of an issue for her. It might rather help her because she doesn't face that much competition and can chart higher during the first few weeks.

But as I already wrote, I predicted sales of ~ 150k, so this is already more than I expected .

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X