Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne
    Ouch at those sales for #50.
    The No. 50 album isn't even selling 6k copies in the Grammy week... Fail !

@floria: Could you explain what's so funny about it? Because I don't get it ...
    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

I also don't get it.

Comment

I think it's funny that Frozen sold as much as last week even though it's Grammy week and the sales of Daft Punk soared 270% but Frozen couldn't be more unbothered.
        My Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by YaYo
          I think it's funny that Frozen sold as much as last week even though it's Grammy week and the sales of Daft Punk soared 270% but Frozen couldn't be more unbothered.
          Exactly +

13 Katy Perry (Capitol) 21-23k

Comment

Yes, HITS were way off with Katy; I knew their prediction was too low.

Great showing for both Bruno albums! Can't wait to see where they end up next week.

Comment

When it comes to #1, Idina doesn't want to Let it Go.

What's the competition for #1 this week? Is the Super Bowl boost big enough to get Bruno up there?

Comment

^Nothing too exciting.

New albums out today:

Babyface & Toni Braxton
                John Butler Trio
                Paul Rodgers
                Now 49
                Behemoth
                Broken Bells9
                For Today
                Reuben Studdard
                Within Temptation

The above albums are pictured in the Target/Best Buy circulars.

Others:

Wow Gospel 2014
                Eric Paslay
                Little Mix
                Tine Turner (Love Songs GH)
                Mary Lambert

Others at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_dnav_bw_ ... d_i=465672

Comment

@thebigham: Would it be possible to wait a bit with editing the thread title? Otherwise it would spoil the anticipation in checking out the latest final update or prediction. I'd say doing so 3-4 days after a certain information is posted is OK .
                  Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Boy, the Grammy's being held on a sunday night is optimum schedule to boost album sales
                    Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                      @thebigham: Would it be possible to wait a bit with editing the thread title? Otherwise it would spoil the anticipation in checking out the latest final update or prediction. I'd say doing so 3-4 days after a certain information is posted is OK .
                      :-? it's not like we don't know the top three a week in advance in 99% of the situations...

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                        Originally posted by Timmy94
                        :-? it's not like we don't know the top three a week in advance in 99% of the situations...
                        This week was an exception though. I was totally surprised when the Grammy compilation didn't reach No. 1 in the final update unlike mentioned in the prediction. That's why clicking in here to check the results can be very interesting and it would only be half as interesting if the thread title already spoiled it (as e.g. the thread title already pop up when opening UKMix) .

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                          Originally posted by Timmy94
                          Yes! LOL. Thanks, toni_pest.

Comment

This week was an exception though. I was totally surprised when the Grammy compilation didn't reach No. 1 in the final update unlike mentioned in the prediction. That's why clicking in here to check the results can be very interesting and it would only be half as interesting if the thread title already spoiled it (as e.g. the thread title already pop up when opening UKMix) .
                            Quit moaning, its fine as it is.

If you want the element of surprise, then visit the HDD website.

Comment

• You may want to answer my post as well, thebigham!

@Wayne: I only have the right to "moan" (I wouldn't consider my last post moaning) because thebigham accepted to moderate this thread and so should react if users have certain wishes in terms of the management of it.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• So glad Katy and Miley did well this week!

Happy Frozen is still #1.

Beyonce is still doing her thing.
                                I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• could Little Mix be #1 next week?

Comment

• Beyonce again outselling Eminem 2 to 1, meaning she is now about 225k behind him and closing in fast for the #2 best-selling 2013 album in the US. Wonder who will reach 2,000,000 first

Comment

• Originally posted by skycycle
                                      Beyonce again outselling Eminem 2 to 1, meaning she is now about 225k behind him and closing in fast for the #2 best-selling 2013 album in the US. Wonder who will reach 2,000,000 first
                                      Of course Beyonce. Poor Marsh...... :(

Comment

• Originally posted by borneoman
                                        could Little Mix be #1 next week?
                                        Who?

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                          Originally posted by borneoman
                                          could Little Mix be #1 next week?
                                          Who?

LOL

Comment

• Bruno Mars could be #1 next week!

Or Frozen Sdtk, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by alicia11
                                              Originally posted by skycycle
                                              Beyonce again outselling Eminem 2 to 1, meaning she is now about 225k behind him and closing in fast for the #2 best-selling 2013 album in the US. Wonder who will reach 2,000,000 first
                                              Not so sure it will be her, here is the top 3 albums of 2013 after this week (+- a thousand copies):

01 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - The 20/20 Experience 6,000 2,457,000
                                              02 EMINEM - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 25,000 1,895,000
                                              03 BEYONCÉ - Beyoncé 50,000 1,670,000

She is still 330,000 copies away from the mark, which means 6-7 weeks at around 50k per week, which I doubt will happen. Eminem is just 105k from 2,000,000, which is around 4-5 weeks at his current rate of sales.

Comment

• Don't know if anyone noticed but Casting Crown's sales are down a lot from what HITS initially predicted. Their first prediction said that it could sell 65-75k copies. Billboard even said that it could sell upwards of 75k. In HITS' 2nd (and first full) prediction, they said that it could sell 70-75k and in the end, it only sold 43k copies which is not only far below the initial predictions but also their personal standards (their last one opened with 99k, the one before with even 167k).

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by skycycle
                                                  Originally posted by alicia11
                                                  Originally posted by skycycle
                                                  Not so sure it will be her, here is the top 3 albums of 2013 after this week (+- a thousand copies):

01 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - The 20/20 Experience 6,000 2,457,000
                                                  02 EMINEM - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 25,000 1,895,000
                                                  03 BEYONCÉ - Beyoncé 50,000 1,670,000

She is still 330,000 copies away from the mark, which means 6-7 weeks at around 50k per week, which I doubt will happen. Eminem is just 105k from 2,000,000, which is around 4-5 weeks at his current rate of sales.
                                                  Em's at 1891000 whilst Bee's at 1668000 that's a 220,000 diffenrence....not 330,000

Comment

• Those were estimates based on HITS, not the just released BB chart - and more importantly, please read carefully before you post, the +-330k mentioned refers to who is going to reach 2,000,000 first, not the difference between the two albums which I already mentioned previously ;) Beyonce is approximately 332k away from 2mil, Eminem is just 109k.

Comment

• http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

YOUR NEW RELEASES: Now 49 appears set for #1 next week. Can the Frozen soundtrack, which has been a spoiler for both Beyoncé and the 2014 Grammy Nominees compilation, do it again and log a fifth week atop our chart? Stay tuned. Here are this week's key debuts.

Now 49 (UMe) 90-95k
                                                      Toni Braxton & Babyface (Motown) 55-60k
                                                      Broken Bells (Columbia) 40-45k
                                                      Little Mix (Columbia) 35-40k

Speaking of Toni and Babyface, the pair are running a veritable gauntlet of TV appearances promoting their Motown duet album, following this morning's Good Morning America appearance with a Braxton Family Values segment tomorrow night, another GMA spot and a Live With Kelly and Michael appearance on Friday, a 2/11 Conan look and more Family Values (include the season finale), among other broadcast opportunities. What, no Downton Abbey? (2/5p)

Comment

• thebigham, could you wait with editing the thread title a bit ?

I hope the Frozen soundtrack is going to be able to get another week at No. 1. Bruno Mars' Unorthodox Jukebox remains unmentioned? Mediocre opening for the new Now compilation, it's odd that the latest edition was able to open with 200k+ in the UK when this one fails to open with 100k in the US. The Toni Braxton opening is completely fine, the Little Mix opening is a bit disappointing but not horrible or something...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Last year's debuts: Now 45 87k
                                                          Now 46 91k
                                                          Now 47 82k

Now 48 was 4th quarter so was higher, but otherwise this edition seems to fall in line with the others. And that's a positive when album sales overall are shrinking each year.

Comment

thebigham, could you wait with editing the thread title a bit ?

Comment

• Someone always complains...

Comment

Working...
                                                              X