Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timmy94
    Yes, I see...

Well yeah, it's not the worst case scenario but still a disastrous situation. I just don't see Sia making it in the long run, which is why, if we had to go with an album with such low sales, I would've hoped for the Frozen soundtrack or Sam Smith to make it to the top. Something like this is always better, see Zac Brown Band's Uncaged or J Cole's Born Sinner (even if the latter one was really frontloaded going by sales).
    Will you shut up!? Every week, you complain. 9/10 of your posts are saying how bad an album/single/artist is doing!

You been banned for a week for that reason yet you still go on and on and on and on and on and on and on..........

Sia deserves to be #1. She sold the most albums this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125
      So Sam will just drop to #5 then.
      Or 6.
      #TeamFrozen!

Comment

Originally posted by Play
        3 3 SAM SMITH CAPITOL 42,731 -4%
        IN THE LONELY HOUR
        Adele 2014 percentages
        Apparently it had a discount, I'm actually surprised that its sales didn't even increase. But we'll see whether the album can stay in the top 10 until the rest of the year... Or top 20, which would still be more than fine.
        WHY would this album stay in the Top 10 for the next 24 weeks?

Again, you are creating a fantasy world that only you live in.

So when it falls out, we'll have to listen to "It should have stayed in the Top 10 until January at least."

Comment

• Originally posted by fridayteenage
          Originally posted by BadMan125
          So Sam will just drop to #5 then.
          Or 6.
          #TeamFrozen!
          #TeamSam!

But yeah who knows, maybe Frozen will be #5. ;)
          "Crime is increasing
          Trigger happy policing..."
          -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

IN THE LONELY HOUR
            Adele 2014 percentages
            Apparently it had a discount, I'm actually surprised that its sales didn't even increase. But we'll see whether the album can stay in the top 10 until the rest of the year... Or top 20, which would still be more than fine.
            But why would it have to stay in the top 10 for 24 weeks? There's still albums on the chart that manage to go at or near 500K being below #10, man! Sam will get to 500K within five weeks if he stayed on the top 10 but he's still going to have a gold album on his hands and possibly this album will also reach platinum in the future. You have to think about the future, not now. This album is gonna have a steady run regardless and I agree with Play about this album having Adele-like percentages.
            "Crime is increasing

Comment

IN THE LONELY HOUR
              Adele 2014 percentages

The album was just released, you can clearly see the discount's effects: the album didn't decline by a larger percentage, like almost all other albums do in their third week!

Comment

• I don't get why Frozen soundtrack is selling that well. For god's sake, its Summer!!
                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles
                  I don't get why Frozen soundtrack is selling that well. For god's sake, its Summer!!
                  There's "a $7.99 iTunes sale encompassing Disney's Frozen", as per HITS' last week report.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                    IN THE LONELY HOUR
                    Adele 2014 percentages
                    But why would it have to stay in the top 10 for 24 weeks? There's still albums on the chart that manage to go at or near 500K being below #10, man! Sam will get to 500K within five weeks if he stayed on the top 10 but he's still going to have a gold album on his hands and possibly this album will also reach platinum in the future. You have to think about the future, not now. This album is gonna have a steady run regardless and I agree with Play about this album having Adele-like percentages.
                    Well it doesn't have to, but it would of course be great if it was able to, especially since you compare it to Adele in some way. And let's not forget that overall sales are low, so you need a notable chart run in order to end up with a notable total. At the moment you barely need 20k to make the top 10, you can count out how long it takes to reach gold, platinum or multi-platinum this way. Of course an album can also reach multi-platinum despite never having made it to the top 10, but that's of course much harder to achieve. And who knows what's possible if Sam Smith's album stays in the top 10 for long time, reaches a new sales peak (maybe in this year's Christmas week) or makes it to the top at a later point?

Originally posted by Nackar
                    Originally posted by Timmy94
                    IN THE LONELY HOUR
                    Adele 2014 percentages

The album was just released, you can clearly see the discount's effects: the album didn't decline by a larger percentage, like almost all other albums do in their third week!
                    It's the album's 4th charting week. You are right when you say that it takes a few weeks until an album increases in sales for the first time. There are aspects to make it happen earlier and with a greater effect though, such as a single turning into a hit, a discount or a big performance.
                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• HITS:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

OUR NEW RELEASES: The race has narrowed to two. Jason Mraz and “Weird Al” Yankovic are locked in a head-to-head battle for the top spot on next week's album chart—one armed with an axe and the other with an accordion. Neither artist has previously had a #1 album, but only one has worn a fat suit in a video. Here are this week's key debuts:

Jason Mraz (Atlantic) 70-75k
                      “Weird Al” Yankovic (RCA) 70-75k
                      Rise Against (DGC) 50-55k
                      Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 45-50k
                      Bleachers (RCA) 17-19k
                      Marsha Ambrosius (RCA) 14-16k
                      Morrissey (Harvest) 13-15k

On a personal note, those of us in the editorial sector owe “Weird Al” a debt for his grammatically ardent spoof of “Blurred Lines,” seen above. “Word Crimes” is already casting a spell online, having earned more than (not “over”) 2.4 million views. #nerds (7/16a)

Comment

• ^ No wonder I saw "Word Crimes" on Twitter trends!

I LOVE this song! Weird Al's still funny after 35 years.
                        "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Hope Mraz edges it!

Comment

• I'm guessing Mraz might do at best 80-85k but Weird Al is getting some great attention from Word Crimes, Tacky and Foil so Mraz may have a fight on his hands!
                            "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Jason Mraz's opening is better than expected. Kidz Bop Kids' opening seems disappointing, they are usually quite steady with their 70k...

What happened with Marsha Ambrosius ? Her last album opened with 90k+...
                              Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Me personally, I'm glad Kidz Bop is only doing that much. Ain't nobody got time for kids badly singing hit songs.

There's not much of a buzz with Friends & Lovers as it was for Late Nights and Early Mornings, partially because the album was delayed for a year.
                                "Crime is increasing

Comment

• C'mon "Weird Al”, get that #1 Album!!!!!!!.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNNA
                                    Originally posted by jszmiles
                                    I don't get why Frozen soundtrack is selling that well. For god's sake, its Summer!!
                                    There's "a $7.99 iTunes sale encompassing Disney's Frozen", as per HITS' last week report.

It was also selling for $3.99 during last week, as mentioned in the BB report.

Comment

• YOUR TOP 15: RCA's "Weird Al" Yankovic is pulling ahead in the battle for #1 on next week's chart with Mandatory Fun, his 14th batch of hit parodies, which is currently #1 at iTunes. That's not to say it's a done deal; With only a few thousand separating Yankovic from challenger Jason Mraz, the top of the chart is still up for grabs. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

*“Weird Al” Yankovic (RCA) 80-85k
                                      *Jason Mraz (Atlantic) 73-78k
                                      *Rise Against (DGC) 58-63k
                                      *Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 45-50k
                                      Frozen (Walt Disney) 33-38k
                                      Sam Smith (Capitol) 33-38k
                                      Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 24-27k
                                      Now 50 (NOW) 21-24k
                                      Trey Songz (Atlantic) 20-23k
                                      *Bleachers (RCA) 17-19k
                                      Miranda Lambert (RCA Nashville) 16-18k
                                      Jason Derulo (Warner Bros.) 14-16k
                                      Brantley Gilbert (Valory) 14-16k
                                      Lana Del Rey (Interscope) 14-16k
                                      *Marsha Ambrosius (RCA) 14-16k
                                      Sia (Monkey Puzzle/RCA) 14-16k
                                      *Morrissey (Harvest) 14-16k

*Debuts

Today's "Weird Al" daily video release is for "Handy," his home-repair spoof of Iggy Azalea's "Fancy." Al's grammar-policing goof on "Blurred Lines," "Word Crimes," has earned more than 5.3m views in just a couple of days (#nerds). Fun also includes "NOW That's What I Call Polka," which mashes up everyone from Miley Cyrus to PSY; the success of KONGOS has obviously created an opening for more accordion-playing artists. (7/17p)

Comment

• Like I predicted: "Weird Al" is at 80-85k.
                                        "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Yay for Weird Al! And also yay for Frozen being the highest among "old" releases #TeamOlaf

I thought Morrissey was more popular (album-wise) in the US...

Comment

• Frozen, crush Sam, crush him.

Comment

• You go Weird Al, I'd love this to be No.1 next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by fridayteenage
                                                Frozen, crush Sam, crush him.
                                                Someone's mad...
                                                "Crime is increasing

Comment

• is it he's first #1?
                                                  He enjoyed some success in the past hasn't he?
                                                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
                                                    is it he's first #1?
                                                    Yep. His 2006 album, Straight Outta Lynwood, was then his highest peak at #9 when it was released. It sold mainly off the successes of White & Nerdy (which was actually his first top ten single) and Trapped in the Drive Thru.

Most of his albums except three have been certified gold and/or platinum in the U.S. He's released albums since 1983 and singles since 1979.

So yeah he's real successful. The most successful comedy musician of all time actually.
                                                    "Crime is increasing

Comment

• I wouldn't have said that he's been that successful before when it comes to selling records. Or is it really that hard for a comedian to sell albums in the US? We in Germany had a comedian who released a live album and that one charted for like over 3 years, so maybe I'm biased in that regard.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Americans don't always warm up to comedic musicians. "Weird Al" has proven to be the exception after 35 years.
                                                        "Crime is increasing

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale
                                                          is it he's first #1?
                                                          Yep. His 2006 album, Straight Outta Lynwood, was then his highest peak at #9 when it was released. It sold mainly off the successes of White & Nerdy (which was actually his first top ten single) and Trapped in the Drive Thru.

Most of his albums except three have been certified gold and/or platinum in the U.S. He's released albums since 1983 and singles since 1979.

So yeah he's real successful. The most successful comedy musician of all time actually.
                                                          Damn!
                                                          Get that #1 Weird!
                                                          That also goes to show us the state of the music industry nowadays!

Comment

• ^ I don't know the music industry state since he only sold 44,000 copies to open with his last album.
                                                            "Crime is increasing

Comment

• well and 85k it's much more than some A-Listers opened with!
                                                              But I was refering to someone being #1 with only 85k!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X