HITS #1: Sales/SPS Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by truthless
    What was the reason he was against it anyway? I can't find a single reason against a digital release.
    Royalties. He knew the label would get most dibs and he get the peanuts.
    "Crime is increasing
    Trigger happy policing..."
    -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• If I scanned the charts correctly:
      Frozen is now tied for 10th for most weeks in the T5 during the Soundscan era, with 30 weeks. The list is mostly clumped together closely, so if it gets just 5 more weeks it'll only be behind Adele and Alanis.

For this century, it already has the 2nd-most weeks for that, T2, and #1. Behind Adele on each count.

Comment

• Anyway back on topic, Weird Al doing over 100k is a milestone for him since none of his albums ever did that! He said it has put a bump in the road on his plans to release EPs in the future.
        "Crime is increasing

Comment

• http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

YOUR NEW RELEASES: Capitol's 5 Seconds of Summer will run away with the #1 spot on next week's album chart. Here's a look at the week's key debuts.

5 Seconds of Summer (Capitol) 250-270k
          Common (Def Jam) 18-21k
          Crown The Empire (Rise) 17-20k
          Anberlin (Tooth & Nail) 13-15k
          R5 (Hollywood) 10-12k

(7/23a)

Comment

• Hmm, could Frozen be in for another T2 week?

Comment

• Frozen and Sam are gonna probably be in the same positions they are next week judging from those sales from the new entries.

I'm expecting:

Frozen (40k)
              Sam (32k)

Just to be safe.
              "Crime is increasing

Comment

• YOUR TOP 15: To the surprise of exactly nobody, Capitol’s 5 Seconds of Summer will debut at #1 on next week’s HITS Album Sales Chart. Here’s how it looks headed into the weekend:

*5 Seconds of Summer (Capitol) 240-260k
                Frozen (Walt Disney) 30-35k
                Sam Smith (Capitol) 30-35k
                Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 30-35k
                “Weird Al” Yankovic (RCA) 25-28k
                Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 20-23k
                Now 50 (NOW) 20-23k
                Jason Mraz (Atlantic) 20-23k
                *Common (Def Jam) 19-21k
                *Crown the Empire (Rise) 17-19k
                Trey Songz (Atlantic) 15-17k
                *Anberlin (Tooth & Nail) 14-16k
                Lana Del Rey (Interscope) 13-15k
                Miranda Lambert (RCA Nashville) 13-15k
                Rise Against (DGC) 12-14k
                Brantley Gilbert (Valory) 12-14k

Comment

• Healthy numbers for #1
                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
                    Healthy numbers for #1
                    Yes, but #10 17-19K... :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by floria
                      Originally posted by AlphaMale
                      Healthy numbers for #1
                      Crown the Empire is not really a "big" act. Plus look at the list, there's probably besides 5 Seconds, Frozen and Sam, probably eight established acts but not "big" enough to sell over 30-50k. Another slow week but it's seemingly doing wonders for Frozen and Sam Smith in particular.

I wonder what 5 Seconds' drop will be. Any guess?
                      "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Again, sales could increase or decrease for all 15 albums and it's no telling what albums 10-15 will do. Like that Sam and Ed are still in the top ten (and Sam back to the top 3, it seems) and that Miranda and Brantley are STILL projected to possibly be in the top 15. I think Rise Against will actually sell less than Brantley so it'll be #16.
                        "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125
                          Originally posted by floria
                          Healthy numbers for #1

M?a?d?o?n?n?a?'?s? ?'?M?D?N?A?'? 5 Seconds of Summer Officially Posts Biggest Second-Week Percentage Drop Ever For No. 1-Debuting Album

Comment

Originally posted by BadMan125
                            Healthy numbers for #1

M?a?d?o?n?n?a?'?s? ?'?M?D?N?A?'? 5 Seconds of Summer Officially Posts Biggest Second-Week Percentage Drop Ever For No. 1-Debuting Album
                            lol.. anyway who are they? like seriously.
                            My Chart

Comment

Healthy numbers for #1

Now THAT is possible!
                              "Crime is increasing

Comment

I don't think Madonna has anything to worry about.

She can still sell 300k an album based off front loaded sales by her label and still can go gold and platinum.

I think streaming is nothing more than a bump on the road for album artists but could be troubling for those trying to establish themselves (albeit save for a few like Sam Smith for example).
                                ? i hope you were being sarcastic, right?
                                My Chart

Comment

• ^

What about? Madonna or streaming? I was sarcastic about streaming.

Now that you mentioned that question about 5SOS, they seemed to have come out of nowhere, didn't they?
                                  "Crime is increasing

Comment

This is what it may end up looking like:

5SOS (255k)
                                    Frozen (44k)
                                    Sam (anywhere between 33-35k) I personally hope it's 35k so I can brag that it's over 385k lol
                                    Kidz Bop (32k)
                                    "Weird Al" (28k)
                                    Ed (22k)
                                    Now (21k)
                                    Jason (20k)
                                    Common (19k)
                                    CTE (18k)
                                    Trey (17k)
                                    Anberlin (15k)
                                    Lana (13k)
                                    Miranda (13k)
                                    Rise Against (12k)
                                    Brantley Gilbert (12k)

Again, sales could increase or decrease for all 15 albums and it's no telling what albums 10-15 will do. Like that Sam and Ed are still in the top ten (and Sam back to the top 3, it seems) and that Miranda and Brantley are STILL projected to possibly be in the top 15. I think Rise Against will actually sell less than Brantley so it'll be #16.
                                    This is just gobbledygook to me.

The same info by HITS regurgitated again by you.

Why post it?

Comment

• Because I'm very low in my predictions.

I don't think these sales will be like that though. Frozen can still do 50k. Sam's back to #3 on iTunes so his sales could increase as well.

But I edited it out. Who knows what will happen?

I'm gonna try to avoid Paul Grein's topics too.
                                      "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy

lol.. anyway who are they? like seriously.
                                        They've been building up a fanbase for years, then they've been building up massive hype over the last six months of the back off an international hit single, She Looks So Perfect.
                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• 5 Seconds of Summer actually has a huge fanbase, they'll not drop like that. Even their album tracks for other territories (those that didn't make the main track listing) are getting 200-300K views in YouTube alone.

Comment

• Building up a fanbase for years? Huge fanbase?

What did I miss? They still seem to be a 2nd row version of One Direction to me...
                                            Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                                              Building up a fanbase for years? Huge fanbase?
                                              Being almost "unknown" to the general public, their debut EP sold 145,000 copies in its first week in the US, almost dethroning Frozen at that time, and they're not even from America or Europe. "She Looks So Perfect" isn't even a Top 10 hit (yet) in the US, but their debut album is expected to do at least 250K for the opening week. If that's not a huge fanbase then what do you call that?

Comment

Building up a fanbase for years? Huge fanbase?

What did I miss? They still seem to be a 2nd row version of One Direction to me...
                                                Yet they're selling more in their first week than many more traditional A-listers. Time to adjust your view of them, I think!

We'll see what their drop will be. So far I'm surprised by their second-week performance in most countries, I also thought they would plummet but they're not doing too badly at all!

Comment

• ^ Good point.
                                                  "Crime is increasing

Comment

• They just released their debut album, do they already have a fanbase according to the traditional meaning?

Regarding the 2nd week drops, why should they be bigger-than-average? Massive 2nd week drops are usually by acts that have a major fanbase but minor connection with the main audience. But then again, it feels like the mainstream mostly passed them, so who knows... It's just unusual that debut albums are frontloaded, they usually grow by time.
                                                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Maybe you can't really say it's their "debut" because they already had the EP?

And well, it's not a 1D casting phenomenon, it's a "real band" playing instruments that was founded in their school in 2011. They became famous with their videos on YouTube. And now they were the support acts of 1D. So yeah, they kinda got the "best of both worlds", collecting fans through various opportunities.

Comment

They just released their debut album, do they already have a fanbase according to the traditional meaning?
                                                        They've been plugging themselves through YouTube for three years and they've released two EPs (one was AUS/NZ only) before this, their debut album. They have a huge fanbase:
                                                        - 5.8 million fans on Facebook
                                                        - 3.85 million followers on Twitter
                                                        - 110 million views on VEVO
                                                        - 96 million views on their personal YouTube account.
                                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• DAYUM!!!

Well no wonder...
                                                          "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Social networks don't mean a thing though, see Shakira.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Social networks may not mean a thing to OLDER artists but newer artists might have more of a stake...
                                                              "Crime is increasing

Comment

Working...
                                                              X