Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thebigham
    http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

YOUR NEW RELEASES: Now 49 appears set for #1 next week. Can the Frozen soundtrack, which has been a spoiler for both Beyoncé and the 2014 Grammy Nominees compilation, do it again and log a fifth week atop our chart? Stay tuned. Here are this week's key debuts.

Now 49 (UMe) 90-95k
    Toni Braxton & Babyface (Motown) 55-60k
    Broken Bells (Columbia) 40-45k
    Little Mix (Columbia) 35-40k

Speaking of Toni and Babyface, the pair are running a veritable gauntlet of TV appearances promoting their Motown duet album, following this morning's Good Morning America appearance with a Braxton Family Values segment tomorrow night, another GMA spot and a Live With Kelly and Michael appearance on Friday, a 2/11 Conan look and more Family Values (include the season finale), among other broadcast opportunities. What, no Downton Abbey? (2/5p)
    I am happy that both Toni & Babyface can score another Top 10 album.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
      Timmy always complains...
      fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
        Originally posted by thebigham
        fixed
        This was so necessary, toni .
        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• huge to Toni!

Comment

• If Frozen stays steady, it might end up at #1 again.

I don't see Now 49 delivering 95k, somehow...

Comment

• I'm surprised by the numbers for Little Mix.

and Within Temptation aren't there, so i guess they won't sell that much :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                fixed
                I see no lies.
                'Heartbreak is a National Anthem, We sing it proudly.'

Comment

• Originally posted by revel8
                  Originally posted by toni_pest
                  fixed
                  I see no lies.
                  I do.
                  Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by revel8
                    Originally posted by toni_pest
                    fixed
                    I see no lies.

It's always the same person

Comment

• http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -next-week

'Frozen' vs. 'Now 49' for No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart Next Week

The top of the Billboard 200 chart has been unusually heavy on soundtracks and compilations lately, and next week will be no exception.

The new "Now 49" compilation album is heading for a high debut -- possibly No. 1 -- so suggest industry forecasters. The album may sell around 90,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Feb. 9.

That might be enough to bump Disney's "Frozen" soundtrack out of the top slot, where it has resided for four nonconsecutive weeks. (It topped the list this past week, selling 94,000 in the week ending Feb. 2, according to Nielsen SoundScan.)

The "Frozen" soundtrack has reigned at No. 1 for the past two consecutive frames, ahead of the runner-up title: the compilation "2014 Grammy Nominees."

The new Billboard 200's top 10 will be revealed on Wednesday, Feb. 12.

All 48 of the regular (numbered) "Now" albums have reached the top 10, and all but the first debuted in the top 10. The last "Now" set, "Now 48," debuted at No. 3 with 114,000 sold in November.

If "Frozen" spends a fifth week at No. 1, it will be the longest-running No. 1 soundtrack since "Waiting to Exhale" spent five weeks atop the tally in early 1996.

Other albums heading for a high debut on the Billboard 200 next week include: Toni Braxton and Babyface's "Love, Marriage & Divorce" (maybe 55,000), Broken Bells' "After the Disco" (around 40,000) and Little Mix's "Salute" (35,000 to 40,000).

Comment

• YOUR TOP 15: Once again, the Frozen soundtrack is poised to challenge the current leader on the next HITS Album Sales Chart. At midweek, the latest in the Now series, #49, still has the edge—but its margin has dwindled significantly since yesterday. Hot on the heels of his Super Bowl half-time performance, Bruno Mars will likely see both of his albums land in the Top 10. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

*Now 49 (UMe) 80-85k
                        Frozen (Walt Disney) 75-80k
                        Bruno Mars Unorthodox Jukebox (Atlantic) 65-70k
                        *Toni Braxton & Babyface (Motown) 50-55k
                        *Broken Bells (Columbia) 40-45k
                        *Little Mix (Columbia) 35-40k
                        Lorde (Lava/Republic) 30-35k
                        2014 Grammy Nominees (Atlantic) 30-35k
                        Beyonc? (Columbia) 30-35k
                        Bruno Mars Doo-Wops & Hooligans (New Elektra) 24-27k
                        Imagine Dragons (KindinaKorner/Interscope) 22-25k
                        Katy Perry (Capitol) 21-24k
                        Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 16-18k
                        Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 15-17k
                        Casting Crowns (Provident) 14-16k

Comment

• Bruno Mars is doing what P!nk did with I'm Not Dead and Funhouse in Australia in June 2009, I'm sooo here for that!

But I wouldn't mind either the Frozen soundtrack (why only 75k all of sudden?) or Unorthodox Jukebox to reach the top spot .

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Two albums in the top 10, it's a great result for Bruno!

Comment

• Team Frozen for 5th #1.

Comment

• how come this so so average band, Little Mix is scoring top 10 album in US :evil:
                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles
                                  how come this so so average band, Little Mix is scoring top 10 album in US :evil:
                                  Previous album opened with 50k last May, so not that surprising in terms of numbers IMO

Comment

• i hope it ain't last Top 10 week for Beyoncé! she totally slayed the end of the year, but honestly I expected better performance in January/February. Anyway, this era has been huge improvement from "4". Bravo bravisimo!

Comment

how come this so so average band, Little Mix is scoring top 10 album in US :evil:
                                      Debuting in the top 10 is not that hard these days, what it is is actually staying there for some time. Their debut album debuted at No. 5 but dropped quite fast, we'll see if this one is able to hold better.

Originally posted by tada
                                      i hope it ain't last Top 10 week for Beyoncé! she totally slayed the end of the year, but honestly I expected better performance in January/February. Anyway, this era has been huge improvement from "4". Bravo bravisimo!
                                      Yeah, Beyoncé could've pulled a Fearless in Q1, especially with Drunk In Love taking off now. This didn't happen but as you say, it's already an improvement compared to 4, so it's definitely a success, from now on it's only about in which dimensions it's going to happen...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• These days there are #1 debuts by artists few people have even heard of, before dropping out of the T10 forever the next week, so a T10 debut isn't so amazing.

Comment

• so the UK tabloids were very off about Little Mix. The UK press have been going on all week about Little Mix slaying in the US, being #1 on US Itunes Albums, saying it was gonna be the biggest UK album in the US for a girl band since Spice Girls... not quite I guess

Comment

Why would you care, though? There will be always be bands in the top you won't like or appreciate, and that shouldn't matter.

Fantastic figures for Bruno! These are the results I like to see from major promotion : D

Comment

• Originally posted by Nackar
                                              Why would you care, though? There will be always be bands in the top you won't like or appreciate, and that shouldn't matter.
                                              I agree.

They aren't my cup of tea [currently, might change when I finally get round to spinning the album] but surely its always a great thing when a new act, especially one like Little Mix who obviously work very hard, break a market or sustain a bit of success?

I mean its not like its Psy!

Comment

• Post by grandelf on 5 hours ago
                                                www.billboard.com/articles/news/5901107 ... m-in-years

Toni Braxton, Babyface Heading for Their Highest Charting Album in Years
                                                By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | February 07, 2014 7:48 PM EST

The musical reunion of Toni Braxton and Babyface on their new album "Love, Marriage & Divorce" has proved profitable. The duo are aiming for the top five on next week's Billboard 200 chart -- the highest charting album since 2005 for Braxton, and the highest charting ever for Babyface.

Industry forecasters suggest the collaborative set may sell between 55,000 to 60,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on February 9.

Braxton was last in the top 10 with 2010's "Pulse," and hit the top 10 four times before that, with 2005's "Libra" (No. 4), 2000's "The Heat" (No. 2), 1996's "Secrets" (No. 2) and her self-titled 1993 debut (No. 1).

Babyface's highest charting album was 1996's "The Day," which reached No. 6. He's visited the top 10 once since, with 2005's No. 10 hit "Grown & Sexy."

Babyface produced the bulk of Braxton's first two albums, including the hit singles "Another Sad Love Song" (No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100), "Breathe Again" (No. 3), "You Mean the World To Me" (No. 7) and "You're Makin' Me High" (No. 1).

The top 10 of next week's Billboard 200 chart will be revealed on Wednesday, February 12.

Ahead of Braxton and Babyface next week on the chart, look for the "Now 49" compilation, the "Frozen" soundtrack and probably Bruno Mars' Super Bowl-surging "Unorthodox Jukebox." Both "Now 49" and "Frozen" could sell over 80,000, while Mars is heading for maybe 70,000 to 80,000.

Two more acts are aiming for a top 10 debut next week: Broken Bells and Little Mix. The former's new "After the Disco" could sell around 40,000, while Little Mix's "Salute" could shift 35,000 or so. Each album will represent the second top 10 effort for the respective acts.

On SoundScan's Building chart (below), Mars is No. 1, followed by "Now 49" at No. 2. The Building tally is a precursor to the final Billboard 200 ranking -- reflecting the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week as reported by six major merchants.

The rest of the Building chart's top 10: Braxton and Babyface are found at No. 3, followed by "Frozen," Little Mix and Broken Bells at Nos. 4-6, respectively. The "2014 Grammy Nominees" album is at No. 7, with Beyonce's self-titled album at No. 8, and Lorde's "Pure Heroine" at No. 9. Closing out the Building chart's top 10 is Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions."

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart
                                                Rank LW BB 200 Artist Title

1 7 Bruno Mars "Unorthodox Jukebox"
                                                2 NEW Various Artists "Now 49"
                                                3 NEW Toni Braxton & Babyface "Love, Marriage & Divorce"
                                                4 1 Soundtrack "Frozen"
                                                5 NEW Little Mix "Salute"
                                                6 NEW Broken Bells "After the Disco"
                                                7 2 Various Artists "2014 Grammy Nominees"
                                                8 5 Beyonce "Beyonce"
                                                9 3 Lorde "Pure Heroine"
                                                10 8 Imagine Dragons "Night Visions"

The Building Chart reflects the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week
                                                (which ends Sunday) as reported by six major merchants: iTunes, Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Starbucks, Target and Anderson Merchandisers. Billboard estimates that they make up about 85% of all U.S. album sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by borneoman
                                                  so the UK tabloids were very off about Little Mix. The UK press have been going on all week about Little Mix slaying in the US, being #1 on US Itunes Albums, saying it was gonna be the biggest UK album in the US for a girl band since Spice Girls... not quite I guess
                                                  The biggest in terms of what? Their last album debuted at a higher position with more sales. Apart from that, I doubt that this new record is going to have great longevity though I would of course love to see that. And to be honest, no UK girlband has ever seriously tried to have its breakthrough in the US ever since, so even if Little Mix accomplished that, I wouldn't even know about the worth of this record.

@Wayne: I agree. Though I at least prefer to see Little Mix doing so than a random metal/rap artist that only lives through his fans and so scores a top 10 debut that falls in the nowhere within the next few weeks...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Um, who is the biggest UK girl band in the US since the Spice Girls then?

I don't think there's very much competition on that front. I mean, even American girl bands are barely a thing here lately.

Comment

• So Bruno is going back to number one?

Comment

• Eric Church's new album comes out Tuesday!

This has the potential to be the first million seller of 2014!

How much do you think it will sell in its first week? 150k? 200k?

Comment

• Originally posted by BruceKicksAss84
                                                          So Bruno is going back to number one?
                                                          No, he's not.

The SoundScan building chart is like the HITS charts we post on Mondays and Tuesdays.

It's not the final chart. Now 49 should be #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by BruceKicksAss84
                                                            So Bruno is going back to number one?
                                                            HITS favours the most recent NOW compilation but the top 3 is close and each of them could end up making it to the top, we've already seen the same this week.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• ONE year ago:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/archcht.cgi?cht535

CHART DATE: 02/11/2013

-- 1 JOSH GROBAN REPRISE 141,300 --
                                                              ALL THAT ECHOES
                                                              -- 2 TIM MCGRAW BIG MACHINE 107,778 --
                                                              TWO LANES OF FREEDOM
                                                              -- 3 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 45 CAPITOL 87,475 --
                                                              VARIOUS ARTISTS
                                                              9 4 MUMFORD & SONS GLASSNOTE 55,335 +74%
                                                              BABEL
                                                              2 5 ANDREA BOCELLI VERVE 44,228 -52%
                                                              PASSIONE
                                                              1 6 JUSTIN BIEBER ISLAND/IDJ 43,988 -79%
                                                              BELIEVE ACOUSTIC
                                                              8 7 LUMINEERS DUALTONE 41,212 +27%
                                                              LUMINEERS
                                                              5 8 BRUNO MARS ATLANTIC 39,247 -1%
                                                              UNORTHODOX JUKEBOX
                                                              13 9 GRAMMY NOMINEES 2013 CAPITOL 38,094 +64%
                                                              VARIOUS ARTISTS
                                                              -- 10 RED PROVIDENT 36,961 --
                                                              RELEASE THE PANIC

Comment

Working...
                                                              X