No announcement yet.

My top 75 weirdest Eurovision National Final entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Not that these kind of things cannot happen today even!
    Glad that the song got some traction and is "remembered".
    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• For me it's the most interesting UKMix thread in this year. Well done.
      My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
        For me it's the most interesting UKMix thread in this year. Well done.
        Thank you for mentioning. It's just my own recollection of things I am familiar with.
        A lot of old NFs always have something new to discover, hopefully we'll get some of those online.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• HONOURABLE MENTIONS part I

France 2007 - Les Wampas - Faut Voter Pour Nous

A punk rock upgrade of "We Are The Winners" probably.

UK 2007 - Hawkins & Brown - They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To

That pop-rock/disco-ish song could have competed in the same year with The Ark.

Austria 2004 - André Leherb - Sexuality

If this sounds familiar to you, then you are probably right, the music was written by Falco

Ukraine 2016 - Japanda - Anime

An awkward attempt to mock westerner's obsession with the japanese and asian culture in general. Probably too in your face to be a runaway favourite like Francesco Gabbani the year after.

Italy 2020 - Achille Lauro - Me Ne Frego

Achille continues his attempts to transform from a trap rapper to a pop/rock singer was a foreshadowing of what some mainstream acts did later last year. "Me Ne Frego" is a bit controversial, since this Mussolini phrase is a bit of a meme with some Italian ultra-rightwingers. Multiple costume changes signify a true Eurovision wannabe.

Last edited by heppolo; Thu May 28, 2020, 22:55.

Comment

• I'd forgotten about Justin Hawkins being involved. That song is terrible and nowhere near as good as The Ark.
            Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
              I'd forgotten about Justin Hawkins being involved. That song is terrible and nowhere near as good as The Ark.
              It's terrible, but it has some redeeming qualities (the chorus is quite ridiculous and catchy), at least to me

Comment

Also I remember a girl group, which were in the box (forgot a title of song) in their performance.
                Do you know/see this performance from Lithuanian NF ?

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Do you know/see this performance from Lithuanian NF ?
                  I have vague memory of the song, but I sadly can't find it on youtube now
                  I'll be glad if you help me with that one.

Comment

Working...
                  X