Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapthrills' Cheap 10 | Kacey Musgraves #4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Listen, "Soda Pop" is awful. This is a CHOICE, CT!
    It just makes me laugh so much tho

    Comment


    • #6 Hold It Against Me

      "You feel like paradise and I need a vacation tonight"

      To date, this is the last Britney song to appear on my own personal chart, which is now a decade ago. It sounds very much of its time, with the EDM stuttering, especially around the three minute breakdown. I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea because it kind of stops the song in its tracks, but I suppose at the time, it felt a little forward-thinking. It's another song in which Brit references a desire for alone time - "if we could escape the crowds somehow" - along with the famous video shot of her surrounded by microphones.



      #5 ...Baby One More Time

      "My loneliness is killing me."

      Iconic in its baby doll reading from Britney, as well as its weird interpretive of the word "hit," this song is one of only a handful of songs to have made my personal chart. It was a star-making vehicle for her that made her the crown jewel of the emerging pop girls around the millennium. All that said, perhaps because it's been so thoroughly used and imitated, it's lost some of its appeal for me over time. The baby coo voice that sounded novel back then is simply a trademark for her now. But in deference to 1999 cheapthrills, I'll put it in the top five.



      #4 Womanizer

      "Lollipop, must be a mistake, you're the sucker"

      This was just so much fun, and actually holds the r4ecord for highest charting Britney song on my personal chart. The chorus is almost Britney's taunting schoolyard chant. And the spoken bits - I got you crazy! - you an hear the admonishment even as robotic and cold tone (or maybe because of that). The video has all the appropriate hallmarks - chorography, hot guys, sexuality. It all comes off pretty playful - kind of a game recognize game moment.

      Comment


      • #3 Oops... I Did It Again

        "Oops! You think I'm in love."

        So this song has the distinction of being the highest charting Britney song on my personal chart, even though it sounds like Hit Me version 2.0. It was primarily fueled by the video, which was briefly an obsession for me. Delightfully weird, especially when the song comes to a halt so the astronaut can give Britalien the jewel from the Tiatnic movie (side note: how the hell an alien got access to see that movie is beyond me, but whatever). "Well baby, I went and got it for ya"



        #2 Gimme More

        "It's Britney, bitch."

        Certainly the most iconic opening of all Brit's songs, I credit this song for truly bringing me into Britney's fold (though with the help of #1). You see, I was kind of on board with One More Time, but then Christina appeared. I'm sure I have written somewhere about being on #teamChristina, which apparently necessitated dismissing everything Britney. I still believe Christina has the better voice, but I also realized that stanning to exclusion of patently good music is ridiculous. The warped voices of the chorus ultimately captivated me, and I could no longer deny the joy of Ms. Spears.



        #1 Toxic

        "I took a sip from my devil's cup"

        Halloween 2006, I created my first playlist for the holiday. I was finding a lot of older songs, but wanted songs that were more recent. Rolling my eyes, I though eh - this has the devil's cup line - I'll add it. Eyeroll. Sorry, Christina. I'll add Genie in a Bottle to make up for it - people dress up like genies, right? In any case, I was all uhm, wait - this song was actually ahead of its time - what was I thinking - wait, those digitized violin strings are actually fire; wait, Britney is riding this beat pretty hard. Wait, wait, wait, hold on - Britney is a queen!

        Comment


        • Some of my favorite songs in your Britney Top 10:

          Circus
          Hold It Against Me
          Baby One More Time - one of her best of course
          Oops I did it again - so much fun
          Gimme More - great remix as well

          My Instagram... - Click here

          Comment


          • Ah, "Hold It Against Me". What a song, what a video, what an event. It still holds the record for most days atop my daily chart. My obsession with it in 2011 was severe!

            Nah, "...Baby" is brilliant. Just otherworldly stunning, infectious, catchy, monumental, significant, overwhelmingly and unreasonably incredible. A case could be made for it being the finest pop song ever.

            "Womanizer" was the start of the first Britney era I had the privilege of following in full. Her team really pushed the comeback narrative with the Circus era and "Womanizer" felt like quintessential video. Epic video, too.

            "Oops!" is like "...Baby", but slightly less phenomenal. Again, as is a trend with lead Britney singles, the video is worthy of all the superlatives.

            I remember dancing with this insanely hot guy at the Stonewall Inn to "Gimme More", so it holds a special place in my heart thanks to that. Besides that, just one of the finest pop songs ever and an insanely epic, bona fide comeback anthem.

            Oh my, a #1 which I wholly approve! "Toxic" is the second of her twin towers of pure pop magic (the other being "...Baby"). It's just so damn good and Britney delivers it so skillfully. It's songs like "Toxic" that make me point to Britney as the very definition of pop music. She has a grasp of it that no one else has. Her voice is just, like, made for it. But, yeah, "Toxic" is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

            I almost have a headache because your top six is flawless. Without flaw!
            UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [Ballot box open]
            "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

            Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

            Comment


            • I love "Womanizer", "Oops!" and "Toxic", but my top 2 Britney songs are "Lucky" and "If You Seek Amy".
              From non-singles : "Dear Diary" (very cute little song) and "Lace and Leather".
              Last edited by LastDreamer; Sat April 10, 2021, 12:48.
              My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
              In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

              Comment


              • I had no idea that you were (are?) staunchly #TeamXtina, and how much that affected your appreciation of Britney! That does explain how that random Christina Halloween song did so well on your chart, though There's no denying Christina has the stronger voice, but I've always felt like Britney got the better material (in addition to always seeming one step ahead, with "...Baby" predating "Genie," "Slave" predating "Dirrty," Crossroads predating Burlesque, etc). I picked up Christina's self-titled and Stripped back in the day, but neither stuck with me the way Brit's albums have.

                Pop princess comparisons aside, I like the mix of iconic smash singles and lesser-known tunes in this Top 10 (though the inclusion of "Tom's Diner" when Brit has nine studio albums of her own material feels a TAD shady) "Toxic" is an extremely worthy champ, though your entire Top 6 is nostalgic pop bliss.
                last.fm

                Comment


                • The use of those strings were great. Kylie Minogue gave a pass on recording Toxic, although I think if it had ended up on Body Language it may have slotted in/replaced Red Blooded Woman as the 2nd single, which has a kinda similar musical vibe.

                  I love the dark pop feel of Gimme More and its MOOOAR's (bit like the OH!s in My Prerogative hit hard and give it a bit of edge IMO). Womanizer's flow took a bit to click for me, at first I found it a little repetitive (like I thought Beyonce's Single Ladies a month or two later sounded disjointed when I hard it playing faintly on radio), but then I got it's groove.

                  HIAM wasvery 2011, from the EDM/Dubstep influence to the product placement in the video. I remember thinking at first with the video's intro it was gonna be a sequel or callback to Oops'.
                  Last edited by Affillate; Sat April 10, 2021, 10:20.
                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

                  Comment


                  • Oh sure, NOW you all show up after I've had this sitting for two weeks. But I AM going to catch up!

                    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Some of my favorite songs in your Britney Top 10:

                    Circus
                    Hold It Against Me
                    Baby One More Time - one of her best of course
                    Oops I did it again - so much fun
                    Gimme More - great remix as well

                    50%! I'll take it!

                    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                    Ah, "Hold It Against Me". What a song, what a video, what an event. It still holds the record for most days atop my daily chart. My obsession with it in 2011 was severe!

                    Nah, "...Baby" is brilliant. Just otherworldly stunning, infectious, catchy, monumental, significant, overwhelmingly and unreasonably incredible. A case could be made for it being the finest pop song ever.

                    "Womanizer" was the start of the first Britney era I had the privilege of following in full. Her team really pushed the comeback narrative with the Circus era and "Womanizer" felt like quintessential video. Epic video, too.

                    "Oops!" is like "...Baby", but slightly less phenomenal. Again, as is a trend with lead Britney singles, the video is worthy of all the superlatives.

                    I remember dancing with this insanely hot guy at the Stonewall Inn to "Gimme More", so it holds a special place in my heart thanks to that. Besides that, just one of the finest pop songs ever and an insanely epic, bona fide comeback anthem.

                    Oh my, a #1 which I wholly approve! "Toxic" is the second of her twin towers of pure pop magic (the other being "...Baby"). It's just so damn good and Britney delivers it so skillfully. It's songs like "Toxic" that make me point to Britney as the very definition of pop music. She has a grasp of it that no one else has. Her voice is just, like, made for it. But, yeah, "Toxic" is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

                    I almost have a headache because your top six is flawless. Without flaw!
                    YESSS a top six seal of approval from Akini! If only Soda Pop wasn't in there, I think I would have gotten a 10/10 Though I'm in shock that Hold It Against Me holds that record! No idea your obsession with it was so strong!

                    Gimme More recently cemented Britney for me. It's too bad that it took so long, but eventually I got there at least. I can't say enough about it - I can still remember starting my mornings with it when it first came out. Nothing wakes you up like that song. btw is the Stonewall Inn the one in NYC?

                    Toxic really shows off her artistry - the way she surfs over the song is really incredible. She rides the pocket effortlessly on a complicated song, and brings a sense of danger to the song, not to mention the music was so out there for its time - I think if it had come out a year or two later, it would have done even better. It's one of my go-to car karaoke songs, which is high praise.

                    Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                    I love "Womanizer", "Oops!" and "Toxic", but my top 2 Britney songs are "Lucky" and "If You Seek Amy".
                    From non-singles : "Dear Diary" (very cute little song) and "Lace and Leather".
                    If You Seek Amy was a contender for the top ten, though the title is cringingly gimmicky, I do like it.

                    Originally posted by crystalphoenix View Post
                    I had no idea that you were (are?) staunchly #TeamXtina, and how much that affected your appreciation of Britney! That does explain how that random Christina Halloween song did so well on your chart, though There's no denying Christina has the stronger voice, but I've always felt like Britney got the better material (in addition to always seeming one step ahead, with "...Baby" predating "Genie," "Slave" predating "Dirrty," Crossroads predating Burlesque, etc). I picked up Christina's self-titled and Stripped back in the day, but neither stuck with me the way Brit's albums have.

                    Pop princess comparisons aside, I like the mix of iconic smash singles and lesser-known tunes in this Top 10 (though the inclusion of "Tom's Diner" when Brit has nine studio albums of her own material feels a TAD shady) "Toxic" is an extremely worthy champ, though your entire Top 6 is nostalgic pop bliss.
                    I refuse to take this obvious stan bait! I don't think Stripped is Christina's best album either, but we'll be getting to that soon. I will admit that Britney has better showmanship than Christina tho. As for Tom's Diner, it's still ALL Brit tho! I mean it's not like Giorgio is singing with her haha

                    Funny you mention Christina's Halloween song from 2019!

                    And both Crossroads and Burlesque are terrible movies.

                    Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                    The use of those strings were great. Kylie Minogue gave a pass on recording Toxic, although I think if it had ended up on Body Language it may have slotted in/replaced Red Blooded Woman as the 2nd single, which has a kinda similar musical vibe.

                    I love the dark pop feel of Gimme More and its MOOOAR's (bit like the OH!s in My Prerogative hit hard and give it a bit of edge IMO). Womanizer's flow took a bit to click for me, at first I found it a little repetitive (like I thought Beyonce's Single Ladies a month or two later sounded disjointed when I hard it playing faintly on radio), but then I got it's groove.

                    HIAM wasvery 2011, from the EDM/Dubstep influence to the product placement in the video. I remember thinking at first with the video's intro it was gonna be a sequel or callback to Oops'.
                    I guess I can hear a Kylie take on Toxic, but it's hard to imagine she'd do it the service Britney did. Body Language was a great album for her even without it tho. Yes, the "more"s are everything on Gimme More - it gave it such a sinister feel! The HIAM intro - I totally forgot about it once the shirtless guys showed up

                    Comment



                    • And of course with Brit having her time, we've got to follow it up with her contemporary and oft-considered rival, Xtina. It's hard to believe both these ladies are both around 40, but twenty years ago they were the height of pop. As mentioned, I always preferred Christina - which, let's face it - was the more unpopular option. I remember during her Dirrty era, it seemed she had gone off the deep end, and a friend of mine (#teamBrit) cut out a picture from a magazine in which she looked particularly trashy and gave it to me. I put it up on my wall with pride.

                      #10 Haunted Heart

                      "Ain't no windows, ain't no door."

                      I guess I'm finding I like to put something offbeat at #10 - and this certainly applies. It was for The Addams Family animated movie a couple years ago, and came out at Halloween. It calls to mind the wackier readings of I Put a Spell on You, and sounds like something that could have come out in the 1950s. I've always said I don't think any contemporary pop star could sing this the way Christina could. The growls, the wails, the soaring vocals - perhaps the song most suited for Halloween released in the last decade (though I'm welcome to hear challengers for that title as many of you know I'm obsessed with my Halloween playlist every October).



                      Comment


                      • #9 The Voice Within

                        "When there's no one else, look inside yourself"

                        Ah, Dirrty - that'[s where we got our moniker Xtina - and it seemed to horrify a lot of people. I can't say Dirrty did a lot for me, but this song, which was criminally released as the FIFTh single, was more of a journey. The lyrics might be pedestrian today - we're so used to "believe in yourself!" songs anymore that it almost comes off as trite. Maybe even then it was the case. If so, it's the kind of thing you have to really sell, especially a song that references VOICE. Well, mission accomplished - especially with that gospel choir - this is a religious experience, you all - and that key change as the song hits its climax.



                        #8 Hurt

                        "You told me how proud you were but I walked away."

                        I don't think I appreciated this song as much as I did when it was released, so dazzled was I by the glittery lights of the boppier tracks of her Back to Basics album. The song was inspired by the loss of songwriter Linda Perry's father, who had exchanged words shortly before he died, and so she seeks forgiveness via the song. And while the situation is not the same, I lost my father about a year after this song, and I have to say the words ring true - and I don't believe there's any other song that I believe touches on this theme.



                        #7 Not Myself Tonight

                        "I'm out of character; I'm in rare form"

                        This was the last (solo) song by Christina to impact my personal chart for many years. It seemed once the 2010s dawned, the world collectively lost interest in Christina. This was the lead single from Bionic and it barely missed the top 40. To me, for no good reason. While she made many missteps in the decade that followed, this wasn't one of them. Perhaps people weren't here for the return of Xtina after her impressive Basics turn-around, but I was completely here for the synthesized bad-girl vibe.


                        Comment


                        • "Not Myself Tonight" is the one from only two Xtina songs, which reached # 1 in my chart.
                          You can try to guess another her # 1, if you want.
                          Last edited by LastDreamer; Mon April 12, 2021, 14:50.
                          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                            "Not Myself Tonight" is the one from only two Xtina songs, which reached # 1 in my chart.
                            You can try to guess another her # 1, if you want.
                            I'm wondering if it will come up later on my list. I'll guess Accelerate tho!

                            Comment


                            • Haha you should all watch AjayII's reaction to Accelerate if it pops up, nearly 7 min video, bout 4.5 minutes of that is bursts of cry laughing at wtf did I just heard? Gurrrrrl. LOL.



                              The Voice Within is a sonnng, although as you say, it was very empowerment anthem which was big at the time. The one take video was cool. Hurt is similarly a great Xtina vocal and kinda underrated sometimes on B2B.

                              And we all know how NMT copped it for the timing of its release and a lot of people missed the point that the homage to Madonna (and if the BDSM was indirectly evoking Gaga's TFM aesthetics at the time or not) could be related to the lyrics and not trying to trend chase Gaga.
                              Last edited by Affillate; Tue April 13, 2021, 01:37.
                              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

                              Comment


                              • #6 Come On Over Baby

                                "Now baby don't be shy, you better cross the line"

                                The song was on her debut album, but in a completely different form and was fairly reworked - a spoken bridge was provided by Xtina (I hesitate to call it rap.), and there was a breakdown, all to kind of up the dance quotient, and I have to say it was an unqualified success. The lyrics even were sexed up a little bit, giving a hint of the Dirrty Christina to come.



                                #5 Twice

                                "You're no angel. I never asked you to be."

                                This piano ballad is the best thing Christina has done in the past decade. Brooding and gritty, we get the full throttle of Christina's voice in this song, without her tendency to sometime lose control of her instrument. Christina is in love with someone perfectly human - whose pluses and minuses runt he gamut. Do they pluses outweigh the minuses? Of course they do, and Christina's not going to second-guess herself.



                                #4 Ain't No Other Man

                                "Do your thang honey!"

                                What a transformation! What a song! Somehow emerging from the overtly sexual Dirrty phase to come back with this song, it was revolutionary and evolutionary. Christina cleaned up her dirrty self and called forth 40s horns blending them with millenial sass. It was so unexpected and yet it worked, making Back to Basics my favorite album Christina has released.

                                Comment


                                • #3 Genie in a Bottle

                                  "You gotta rub me the right way"

                                  Even I'll admit this wasn't as instant for me as a break-out than Brit's One More Time. It took hearing it on the radio multiple times to sink in, but I feel like that is part of the song's trick. It's a seductive song, and it's meant to slowly pull you in. Even at her young age, Christina was able to communicate a sense of desire and longing. She had the vocal chops to simultaneously give a hushed reading of "century of lonely nights" and provide a harder, belting chorus - like, get this over already!



                                  #2 Candyman

                                  "He's a one-stop shop with a great big (uhhh!)"

                                  I feel like Christina really fulfilled her vision most effortlessly with this banger. Back to Basics is full of retro touches that no one was thinking to include at the time. This song channels both the Andrews Sisters and the Xtina persona at the same time. It was something so different at the time and she had the skill to pull it off. And the look she paired to go with it was stunning.



                                  #1 Beautiful

                                  "We're the song inside the tune"

                                  The crown jewel of not only the Stripped album, but her career. That it followed something as sexualized as Dirrty was a complete 180. The LGBT-positive video cemented Christina as an ally when we sorely needed one. And as far as the selfie-pop angle of the lyrics, it speaks to something more trite than "believe in yourself" or "you're amazing" - it's a song that tells humanity "I see you." and when you're at a l ow point, sometimes that's just the encouragement you need.


                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                    Haha you should all watch AjayII's reaction to Accelerate if it pops up, nearly 7 min video, bout 4.5 minutes of that is bursts of cry laughing at wtf did I just heard? Gurrrrrl. LOL.

                                    The Voice Within is a sonnng, although as you say, it was very empowerment anthem which was big at the time. The one take video was cool. Hurt is similarly a great Xtina vocal and kinda underrated sometimes on B2B.

                                    And we all know how NMT copped it for the timing of its release and a lot of people missed the point that the homage to Madonna (and if the BDSM was indirectly evoking Gaga's TFM aesthetics at the time or not) could be related to the lyrics and not trying to trend chase Gaga.
                                    I missed your comment! Accelerate was something I'm not sure what her angle was - was it just trolling people? Was it publicity to get her name back out there? Was it something she genuinely wanted to reflect her craziness?

                                    I think she simply took too much time away, though I know she had kids to raise.

                                    Yeah I'll never believe she was trying to be Gaga with that song - I mean, it's not like Xtina doesn't know how to serve a bop. I think Gaga's popularity just helped music like it be sought out again, and Christina benefitted.

                                    Comment


                                    • My favourite Xtina single is "Keeps Getting Better", also I'm not a fan of original "Genie", but love 2.0 version from greatest hits album.
                                      My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                        My favourite Xtina single is "Keeps Getting Better", also I'm not a fan of original "Genie", but love 2.0 version from greatest hits album.
                                        I do like Keeps Getting Better, even though it didn't make the list.

                                        By the way, you inspired my next top 10!

                                        Comment



                                        • Well after checking in with millennial pop girls over the last couple weeks, let's go back a couple decades before them to one of the rock goddesses of the 70s and 80s, Debbie Harry. While the topic is Blondie, there is one song tomorrow, which is there because of Debbie. This band shone in the spotlight for only a brief period of about six years before internal battles (cliché, but the band was dissatisfied with Debbie getting the lion's share of the attention, so very Gwen of No Doubt). They put their differences aside and reunited about fifteen years after breaking up and have had a pretty consistent output since. I know them more for their earlier work than their latter, but a couple of those works have slipped into the top ten as well.

                                          #10 Rapture

                                          "And now he only eats guitars!"

                                          This is apparently the first song featuring rap lyrics to ever go number one in the US, and I just... honestly. These are the lyrics that they came up with? Was this recorded in one take with whatever bizarre lyrics entered Debbie's mind? Because they involve being taken over by an alien who eats cars, but apparently that's not filling enough, so instead... bars. Yes, bars - where the people meet and dance cheek to cheek - are then eaten, which means we are now committing mass murder, and then I suppose as a light dessert, guitars. If you ignore that strange backstory, the music is pretty on point and the falsetto Blondie exhibits in the beginning is a nice bait-and-switch before it devolves into insanity.

                                          Comment


                                          • The only Blondie track to make No.1 in the USA but not the UK...

                                            The "people eaten by aliens" lyrics are something of a call back to 'Attack Of The Giant Ants' from the first album...

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Metalweb View Post
                                              The only Blondie track to make No.1 in the USA but not the UK...

                                              The "people eaten by aliens" lyrics are something of a call back to 'Attack Of The Giant Ants' from the first album...
                                              I had to double-check; what an interesting fact! I can see why it wasn't as big as the UK tho 2:

                                              I have a Halloween playlist, so this is an October song for me!

                                              Comment


                                              • #9 Well, Did You Evah?

                                                "Probably full of termites."

                                                Admittedly a bit of a cheat since this isn't Blondie, but Debbie Harry in the midst of the long Blondie hiatus. This song was done for a AIDS benefit album of Cole Porter covers called Red Hot + Blue, which you absolutely should check out. It's a bit hit and miss, and I think this particular song might easily go on the miss pile for most of you. But, I love the chemistry between Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry. I can imagine them bored at a party and dishing dirt on Pia Zadora as they do halfway through the song. The video plays a bit of the original before launching into the rocked-out duet and it'[s hard to believe they are the same song.



                                                #8 Rip Her to Shreds

                                                "Red eye shadow! Green mascara! Ick! She's too much."

                                                This song has a great banging piano, and a bored, talk-sing style of Debbie Harry that has the similar affect of the gossipy nature of the previous song. You have to wonder what the poor, dull woman did to incur Debbie's wrath. In actuality, the song was a pointed satire of media's inclination to tear people down over minutiae such as the wrong color of eye shadow.



                                                #7 One Way Or Another

                                                "I'm gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya"

                                                This is another song on my Halloween list It's a playful song in which Debbie is pretty clear about her obsession with the object of her affection. She'll find you. She'll get you. She'll watch your house when the lights are off. And just when her stalker tendencies have earned your interest, she's off to the races. She'll lose you. She'll trick you. She'll lose you in the midst of the rat food section (!) of the supermarket. You're simply a toy. Debbie's delivery of the song is the real winner here. She growls through the song, and comes off as seriously unhinged.


                                                Comment


                                                • I don't know if you watched my "best girl group songs" thread, but your description about "Rip Her To Shreds" remind me YVA - Paparazzi.

                                                  https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...beauties/page5
                                                  Last edited by LastDreamer; Fri April 16, 2021, 13:47.
                                                  My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                  In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                                    I don't know if you watched my "best girl group songs" thread, but your description about "Rip Her To Shreds" remind me YVA - Paparazzi.

                                                    https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...beauties/page5
                                                    The sound of the song reminds a little bit of the opening of Mya's Case of the Ex. I think the lyrics could easily be updated today from the paparazzi to social media today.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X