Ray's favorite artists: Ariana Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray's favorite artists: Ariana Grande

Thanks to cheapthrills for inspiring me. I like the thread he made with his favorite artists, so here goes mine!

I'll start with a Top 10 of my most streamed artist, which is Mariah Carey.

I started streaming in November 2015. Since then I scrobbled Mariah over 8,000 times according to my last.fm account.

So my #1 most streamed artist is Mariah Carey.

My 2nd most streamed artist is Madonna (page 2 in this thread).

My 3rd most streamed artist is Céline Dion (page 3).

My 4th most streamed artist is Debbie Gibson (page 4).

My 5th most streamed artist is Lara Fabian (page 4).

My 6th most streamed artist is Kylie Minogue (page 5).

My 7th most streamed artist is Ariana Grande (page 6).
    Last edited by RayRay; Tue May 25, 2021, 22:17.
    My Instagram... - Click here

So like I said in my first post: let's start with Mariah.

At #10: Caution

It's my most streamed Mariah song. To me it really stands out on her last studio album with the same name.
    Can't believe it wasn't a single. It should have been the lead single IMO.

Comment

I find the title track to be just as great as the rest of the album. Its tropical laid back vibe is smooth. Not surprising it's among your most played.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Will definitely follow - I'll get around to Mimi eventually, and don't want to tip my hand too much on my faves from her, but you've started with a good song. Caution was definitely one of this past decade's stand-outs from her.

Comment

"Caution" is MC's finest song of the 2010s. It's the sexiest track she's ever recorded, in my opinion. #honeyhew
          UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [075-071]
          "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

At #9: Bringin' On The Heartbreak

I love Mariah as a singer and as a songwriter. But she also has the gift to make a song she didn't write her own: Against All Odds, Do You Know Where You're Going To, Without You, I'll Be There... But my favorite cover is Bringin' On The Heartbreak. Great video as well. And it also helps that it's one of my husband's favorite Mariah songs as well.

Comment

At #8: Betcha Gon' Know

Love this song so much. A short dramatic story with some fun elements like the mentions of Oprah and Walters near the end. The Jump Smokers Remix with the lalalalalalaugh on repeat makes it even better. Hope we'll get that version soon on streaming platforms.

Comment

I don't know either of those. Checked them out. Heartbreak was ok. I prefer Betcha Gon Know - I couldn't find the remix you mentioned, but it does seem ripe for being changed into something more upbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                  "Caution" is MC's finest song of the 2010s. It's the sexiest track she's ever recorded, in my opinion. #honeyhew
                  One Mo Gen exists sis.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

At #7: The Roof

When Mariah stopped working with C&C (who co-wrote incredible up-tempo's with her for her Emotions and Music Box album) as we lost David Cole way too young, she had the void filled on Daydream with mid-tempo songs like Always Be My Baby and Long Ago. I loved those songs so much and hoped for more like those on her next album. To me, Long Ago is like the older sister of The Roof. But IMO The Roof is even better. An incredible song, that is loved by the lambily. Hard to believe it wasn't a huge hit anywhere. It was released here in the Netherlands and she was even here at that time, but when she did a TV-interview the focus was on Honey. I wonder if Mariah even knew The Roof had just been released as a single here.

Comment

OMG Ray, I love all the songs that you have just mentioned. They are all 10s.

Betcha is such a bop. Such a great atmospheric R&B jam.
                      My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                        OMG Ray, I love all the songs that you have just mentioned. They are all 10s.
                        You know I've got taste.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

You know I've got taste.
                          I feel like we have so much in common.

My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                            I don't know either of those. Checked them out. Heartbreak was ok. I prefer Betcha Gon Know - I couldn't find the remix you mentioned, but it does seem ripe for being changed into something more upbeat.
                            Unfortunately the JS remix is not on YouTube, but I found this: it is only a snippet, but it gives a little impression. It does fade out when the best part is just beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

One Mo Gen exists sis.
                              eew. I deleted it from the album.
                              My Chart

Comment

At #6: Underneath The Stars

Always loved this song. I remember going on holiday Christmas 1996 and they played it on the radio as it was at #6 in the Airplay chart of Curaçao. What a thrill it was to finally see the video last year. Especially as it was almost completely filmed in the Netherlands.

Comment

At #5: Almost Home

Great lyrics, stunning vocals, bouncy beat, catchy melody. It just has everything I love. Although the song is only played during the end titles, I especially went to the cinema to see the movie with a bunch of other lambs. If Mariah had performed this at American Idol plus done some extra promo, it could have been a hit IMO. Although it didn't chart here, the video was played quite a lot on one of the music tv-stations here.

Comment

At #4: I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time

Me and my husband signed our notes to each with "always your baby" as it was a hit in the summer of 1996 when we started dating. But when this song came along, which we both love very much, we started to sign our notes with "love u long time".
                                    Love the layered vocals, can never decide which part to sing while singing along to the chorus. Love the positive vibe. And when it was released as a single, there were so many people joining in on the "make a remix" competition. Had several of those on repeat. Way better than the official remix with T.I.

Comment

As a casual Mimi listener, I have only heard of The Roof, which I've always thought was one of her best as well. Of the other three, I love your history with your husband - I didn't realize it had been that long! If my math is right, that means this year marks 25 years! I suspect Mariah will be part of your silver anniversary celebration!

After checking these out, Underneath the Stars is pretty. Almost Home didn't do a lot for me - the song isn't bad, but it just doesn't feel very Mariah to me. I'll Be Loving U Long Time gives me a similar vibe to The Roof.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                        As a casual Mimi listener, I have only heard of The Roof, which I've always thought was one of her best as well. Of the other three, I love your history with your husband - I didn't realize it had been that long! If my math is right, that means this year marks 25 years! I suspect Mariah will be part of your silver anniversary celebration!

After checking these out, Underneath the Stars is pretty. Almost Home didn't do a lot for me - the song isn't bad, but it just doesn't feel very Mariah to me. I'll Be Loving U Long Time gives me a similar vibe to The Roof.
                                        Yes, it will be 25 years this summer when we first dated. But we're not gonna celebrate it. As next year it will be 25 years since we got married, so we'll wait a year to celebrate. Hopefully we can have a party by then and not have to worry about covid.

Underneath The Stars was supposed to be the final single of Daydream. Not only a video, but there were also re-sung remixes (finally released on streaming thanks to the #MC30 celebrations).

Comment

At #3: We Belong Together

Sorry, Goldmoney. It is not my #1, but #3 is not that bad though? When I first bought The Emancipation of Mimi it was Fly Like A Bird that first caught my attention. I also was (and still am) a big fan of Circles and Mine Again. But when WBT reached the Top 40 here in the Netherlands in July 2005 and it became one of her most successful songs, I grew to love it as the best song on the album. The video helped as well with Mariah as a beautiful bride. Once I fell in love with the song, it has never left my Top 10. I also love the new released Valentine's Mix.

Comment

http://cdn.lowgif.com/small/693d542583b0c063-.gif

Last edited by trebor; Thu February 25, 2021, 22:49. Reason: No GIFs in Personal charts, please. Thank you!
                                            Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                                            You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

At #2: Emotions

No song can make me as happy as Emotions: I feel good, I feel nice... it just takes these first few words and the up-beat nature of the song to bring a smile to my face. Add the many high notes near the end and this is just pure heaven. The remix with the outstanding intro even make me love the song even more.

Comment

I am not the biggest fan of UTS and IBLULT. UTS is still a great song though. IBLULT - I felt - needed less production.
                                                My Chart

Comment

There was a time in 2005 - around Easter (in April) when I was more than addicted to WBT. I did not play any other song for about 2 months... It was my drug Goldmoney
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                  X