Ray's favorite artists: Ariana Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #8 Adagio

Adagio was the first English song I heard by Lara Fabian. It's the opening track on her first English album and it was released in the Netherlands as the lead single of the album. Such a beautiful song that never grows old.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• #7 Perdere L'amore

Although Lara usually sings in French or English, one of my favorite songs is her singing this classic in Italian.

Comment

• #6 Je Me Souviens

My favorite song of her visual album 9. Other favorites of 9 are: L'homme qui n'avait pas de maison, La lettre, Il ne manquait que toi, Ne lui parlez pas d'elle.

Comment

• #5 Caruso

Such a beautiful classic Italian song. Done by many artists, but no one can bring the emotion that Lara gives it.
          Goosebumps all over.

Comment

• #4 Humana

From my favorite Lara album "Pure". This is such an uplifting song. And a highlight whenever she sings this at one of her concerts. When everyone chants along it's nothing but magical.

Comment

• #3 I Will Love Again

Such a brilliant song. Dance, soaring vocals, great lyrics... Should have been a global hit.
              Lara also recorded a ballad version of the song which is just as amazing. When I finally heard her sing this live in concert we all went crazy.
              Such a gem. LOVE it.

Comment

• #2 Je t'aime

Like you can see at this live concert... it's loved by all her fans. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Comment

• #1 Je Suis Malade

The #1 can only be one song: Je Suis Malade. Though not an original song by Lara, I have never heard anyone give it the emotion Lara gives it. Lara may be my fourth most streamed artist, but she probably is my #1 when it comes to live performers. She is nothing but amazing on stage.

Comment

• Up next: my 6th most streamed artist since November 2015... It's Kylie Minogue

My first Kylie CD-single was Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi, which I mainly bought as it also featured The Locomotion. I was lucky as I also really loved Made In Heaven which was only released on this single back then. Other songs I loved in these early days were Got To Be Certain and Especially For You. Somehow I never liked her enough to buy an album. Then when I met my (now) husband, we had all the CD's as my husband is a fan. I was still a bit like: "She's okay, she has some great singles, her albums are not for me and she is a bit of a Madonna copy cat..." But then we went to see her on tour and I that was when she really won me over. Her live shows are really amazing. When Madonna left her theatrical shows behind her in favour of the guitar, Kylie carried on the kind of shows I loved Madonna for.
                    Still, when I started to stream songs back in 2015 I would never have thought Kylie would become one of my most streamed artists. I didn't think she would be so lucky. But Kylie released her two best albums in those streaming years: Kylie Christmas and Golden. I still play 12 of her Christmas songs every November/December and 11 of her Golden songs are still on my playlist throughout the year. This with her back catalogue and the new songs of DISCO made her one of my most streamed singers and well deserved.

Comment

• #10 Christmas Isn't Christmas 'Til You Get Here

I'm all about Christmas so there has to be at least one Christmas song in this top 10. This was very hard, because Everyday's Like Christmas (SAW Remix) and Oh Santa should be in my Top 10 as well. But well, I guess one Christmas song in my list in May will do.

Comment

• I also have one Christmas song in my top 10 Kylie singles, it's "Santa Baby" at # 6.
                        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• I've known Kylie since my childhood,.thanks to her song Esoecially For You. But there's one moment that really pissed me off. It happened around 2019. I was standing inside the bus. The song's music video was playing on TV. And I had not really seen that video. But before the music video was about to end.....the bus.driver switched the channel. Grrrrr. It felt like my 80's memories were killed in an instant.

Comment

• Will be interested to see what will appear!

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                              I also have one Christmas song in my top 10 Kylie singles, it's "Santa Baby" at # 6.
                              It's one of the few Kylie Christmas songs I don't have on my playlist. I prefer Madonna's version.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemospence View Post
                                I've known Kylie since my childhood,.thanks to her song Esoecially For You. But there's one moment that really pissed me off. It happened around 2019. I was standing inside the bus. The song's music video was playing on TV. And I had not really seen that video. But before the music video was about to end.....the bus.driver switched the channel. Grrrrr. It felt like my 80's memories were killed in an instant.
                                My sister and I recorded the video on VHS back in the day. It was one of our favorite videos and we used to sing the duet like we were Jason and Kylie.

Comment

• #9 Hand On Your Heart

So hard to think of which early song(s) I should include. Got To Be Certain was always one of my favorites. As was The Locomotion, but I played it a bit too often back in the day... Same goes for Especially For You and Tears On My Pillow, played them too often. I Should Be So Lucky, Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi... love them, but not enough to chart in my Top 10. So let's go for Hand On Your Heart. I wasn't too keen on it back in the day, so never overplayed it. I always had a weakness for the video though. So here it is at #9: Hand On Your Heart!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It's one of the few Kylie Christmas songs I don't have on my playlist. I prefer Madonna's version.
                                    My favourite version was recorded by Ivana Raymonda Van Der Veen.

"Hand On Your Heart" is my # 10.

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                    In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• #8 Please Stay

This was a difficult choice as there are several songs of the Light Years album that deserve a spot in my Top 10. So in the end I've decided to choose two songs from this album. The first being Please Stay.

Comment

• I really enjoy Hand on your heart and Please stay is good too.
                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Does anyone here like Turn it Into Love ? I adored that song when I heard it. Such a strong album track IMO. Dont know if it was ever a single.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• As you may have heard in my podcast, love Please Stay! So underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              Does anyone here like Turn it Into Love ? I adored that song when I heard it. Such a strong album track IMO. Dont know if it was ever a single.
                                              Turn It Into Love was first released by Hazell Dean and a hit in the UK and Switzerland. Maybe that's why Kylie's version was only released as a single in Japan and not in Europe.
                                              For me it's more a Hazell Dean song, but I'm not a huge fan of it anyway.

Comment

• #7 Sincerely Yours

It was really hard to choose a song from Golden as it is one of my favorite Kylie albums. So many great songs: Radio On, Dancing, Raining Glitter, Stop Me From Falling, Golden, Shelby '68, A Lifetime To Repair, Lost Without You, Rollin', Music's Too Sad Without You... So I just had to pick more than one. Which one will also come up in my Top 10... you will find out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Turn It Into Love was first released by Hazell Dean and a hit in the UK and Switzerland. Maybe that's why Kylie's version was only released as a single in Japan and not in Europe.
                                                  For me it's more a Hazell Dean song, but I'm not a huge fan of it anyway.
                                                  Never heard any version but Kylies.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Thu May 6, 2021, 22:49.
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• #6 Stop Me From Falling (feat. Gente de Zona)

So here is the other Golden song in my top 10. It was a good song to begin with, but turned into really great adding Gente De Zona. Great video as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X