X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nemospence
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    #8 You Don't Own Me (with Kristin Chenoweth)

Great song I first knew by Dusty Springfield who does an amazing version. So I was curious what Ariana (and Kristin) could add to make me want to listen to their version as well. I can honestly say they did add some magic in turning this into a power ballad. Love this a lot!

Finally, I can say something,.lol. What a sweet surprise this is! I just searched this song on Deezer a few days ago. It's a long story. I've known Kristin Chenoweth after listening to her duet with Dolly Parton on I Will Always Love You in 2019. I've known Dusty Springfield after scrolling down the page of best female singers on TheTopTens. There I read over the comments. And someone mentioned You Don't Own Me. So I checked it on Deezer and checked other versions. That's when I found Kristin's and Ariana's version. I actually didn't know it was Ariana at first. But when I was listening to it again, I said to myself, is this Ariana Grande? I checked google and boom.

Because of this song, there's one Ariana song in my Deezer playlist. And I like it!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #7 Save Your Tears (with The Weeknd)

I never cared for this song, but I fell for it when Ariana added her part to this song. It's my third most played song of 2021.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #8 You Don't Own Me (with Kristin Chenoweth)

Great song I first knew by Dusty Springfield who does an amazing version. So I was curious what Ariana (and Kristin) could add to make me want to listen to their version as well. I can honestly say they did add some magic in turning this into a power ballad. Love this a lot!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #9 Faith (with Stevie Wonder)

Ariana worked with some great people. One of them is Stevie Wonder. Love this duet.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #10 Positions

At #10 the lead single of her most recent album. Best song of the album. To be honest, it's the only song of the album I really like. Thanks to the deluxe edition I did add another song to my playlist: Test Drive.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Up next: my 7th most streamed artist since November 2015... It's Ariana Grande.

I first noticed Ariana when she was singing Mariah's Emotions including the whistle notes. I was really impressed. I bought her first CD which disappointed me a bit though. These days I only have three songs from the album on my playlist. But I was interested enough to buy the following albums as well. 2018 and 2019 were the peak years when it comes to streaming her. I also went to see her live on her last tour. Great show!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Well it was a smash in the UK, making #3 and selling almost 400k - it’s in her top 10 biggest selling singles too. I also think it was a huge airplay hit.

But it still should’ve been #1 for 5 weeks
    Looking at Wikipedia I see it didn't even reach the Top 10 in Australia nor in New Zealand.

Here in the Netherlands it wasn't even a Top 40 hit.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Well it was a smash in the UK, making #3 and selling almost 400k - it’s in her top 10 biggest selling singles too. I also think it was a huge airplay hit.

But it still should’ve been #1 for 5 weeks

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    I guessed it! It’s definitely one of her very best, it would be in my top 3 too I think... it was such a moment at Glastonbury.
    I can't believe it wasn't a bigger hit.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I guessed it! It’s definitely one of her very best, it would be in my top 3 too I think... it was such a moment at Glastonbury.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #1 All The Lovers

Just outside my Top 10 are great songs like Confide In Me, Light Years, I Believe In You and Chocolate.
    But my very favorite is All The Lovers. Such a great song, love the music and it has a brilliant video.
    I've been to several of her tours, but Aphrodite is my favorite by far.
    Everything was just on point this era.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Pure brilliance from #4 to #2

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I’m surprised WCAT is that high, it’s nice but not one of my favourites.

The top 4 so far is great, especially ONALT and BTDYK!

I’m guessing All The Lovers for #1.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by nemospence View Post
    Doesn't anyone want to do the Loco-motion?
    I love that song and before she released Better The Devil You Know it was my favorite song. But I guess I've it heard it so often that it didn't make my Top 10.

Leave a comment:

• nemospence
    replied
    Doesn't anyone want to do the Loco-motion?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
    My Top 10 Kylie singles :
    1. Tears On My Pillow
    2. You Disco Needs You
    3. Especially For You
    4. I Should Be So Lucky
    5. Got To Be Certain
    6. Santa Baby
    7. 2 Hearts
    8. What Kind Of Fool
    9. Flower
    10. Hand On Your Heart
    Some great ones there. Especially Tears On My Pillow, Especially For You, I Should Be So Lucky, Got To Be Certain and Hand On Your Heart. My #1 is not in your Top 10 though.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    My Top 10 Kylie singles :
    1. Tears On My Pillow
    2. You Disco Needs You
    3. Especially For You
    4. I Should Be So Lucky
    5. Got To Be Certain
    6. Santa Baby
    7. 2 Hearts
    8. What Kind Of Fool
    9. Flower
    10. Hand On Your Heart

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #2 Better The Devil You Know

This has been my favorite Kylie song for years. But one day a song came along I love even more...

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #3 On a Night Like This

Back to the Light Years album, which features some of my favorite songs like Please Stay and Light Years. But the best one is On A Night Like This IMO.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #4 In Your Eyes

Although Can't Get You Out Of My Head went on to become the biggest hit of her carreer, I go for In Your Eyes as best track of the Fever album. It always makes me want to dance and sing along.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Thought I'd stop in to see how Kylie is progressing

Of the first five, I like Please Stay the most, though I'm always here for a Christmas song!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #5 Wouldn't Change A Thing

I had Hand On Your Heart at #9 and this is the other 80s hit I include in my Top 10. I love how you can look back at everything you've been gone through and say you wouldn't change a thing thanks to all the ups and despite all the downs. So turning 50, you tend to look back a lot and the lyrics just give it a little extra over her other 80s hits which I like as well.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I really liked the remix of SMFF, it had all the hallmarks of a hit and the video was great, she looked amazing.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    I quite like "Please Stay"

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    #6 Stop Me From Falling (feat. Gente de Zona)

So here is the other Golden song in my top 10. It was a good song to begin with, but turned into really great adding Gente De Zona. Great video as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X