Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnus's Top 30: Week 2 2020 (full Top 30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whenever I see a Maren Morris song I don't know, I check it out. "To Hell & Back" is another good one from her.

 4   (6) Maren Morris – To Hell & Back S A
    30  (29) Ava Max – Torn (3 weeks, peak #28) S A
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2019: [#1 Revealed!]
    Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2019: [#1 Revealed!]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2019: [#1 Revealed!]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• There's a lot that I'm not familiar with on your current Top30, so I definitely need to check out some things.
      As for the ones I do know and like, it's great to see Mare Morris doing pretty well with two of her songs. Have you heard her current single "The Bones"?

Also nice to see Ava Max charting with "Torn" (and with an interesting chartrun so far). Hope it is able to rise further in the upcoming weeks

Comment

• Thanks for commenting, LastDreamer, JSparksFan and Tansike!

As you may have noticed, I have taken a break from posting my chart. But I will probably start again when something interesting happens!

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
        Magnus, I discovered Meghan Patrick through your charts some years ago.
        "Wild as Me" have a good chances to debut in my hitlist on the next week.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
        Whenever I see a Maren Morris song I don't know, I check it out. "To Hell & Back" is another good one from her.

 4   (6) Maren Morris – To Hell & Back S A
        30  (29) Ava Max – Torn (3 weeks, peak #28) S A

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        There's a lot that I'm not familiar with on your current Top30, so I definitely need to check out some things.
        As for the ones I do know and like, it's great to see Mare Morris doing pretty well with two of her songs. Have you heard her current single "The Bones"?

Also nice to see Ava Max charting with "Torn" (and with an interesting chartrun so far). Hope it is able to rise further in the upcoming weeks
        Yeah, I listened to the full album, although it didn't happen when it was released but much later (late July). "To Hell & Back" and "Flavor" are my two clear favourites on the album. The singles didn't impressed me much when I first listened (which is why I waited so long to properly check out the album) but I like almost all of the songs now, just not as much as those two.

"Torn" is quite good, not as good as "Psycho" and "So Am I" though imo. There's not much chance of it rising, or rather making a comeback as it fell to #36 last week.
        Last edited by Magnus; Fri September 27th, 2019, 12:22.

Comment

• OK, the top 2 flipped so I guess I have to post the new top 5:

Top "30" for week 39 2019 (23rd – 29th September)

Chart #: 1,030, Volume: 549

 1   (2) Марьяна Ро – Ливни [MARYANA RO – LIVNI] (17 weeks, peak #1 x10) S A
           2   (1) Molly – Опалённые солнцем [MOLLY – OPALONNYYE SOLNTSEM] (6 weeks, peak #1 x5) S A
           3   (3) AniKa Dąbrowska – Małe skrzydła (29 weeks, peak #1 x4) S V
           4   (4) Maren Morris – To Hell & Back (5 weeks, peak #3) S A
           5   (6) Sarah Darling – Blue Sky (5 weeks) S A

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Yeah, I listened to the full album, although it didn't happen when it was released but much later (late July). "To Hell & Back" and "Flavor" are my two clear favourites on the album. The singles didn't impressed me much when I first listened (which is why I waited so long to properly check out the album) but I like almost all of the songs now, just not as much as those two.
            Ah, thanks for explaining. Glad you're enjoying all songs on Maren's new album now. If I remember correctly, you're actually the reason why I checked her debut album out back in the days and now she's one of my favorite country/pop artists, so thanks for that!

Just checked out your current Top2 and I like both! I definitely prefer the #1 over the #2 as well, the #1 is just so lovely for me while the #2 has some elements that I don't like too much, but overall it's still a solid song.

Is there a reason why there are more songs in another language than English on your charts lately than previously, or was it already like that before you started to share your charts on UKMix?

Comment

• Thanks for commenting, Tansike!

Just checked out your current Top2 and I like both! I definitely prefer the #1 over the #2 as well, the #1 is just so lovely for me while the #2 has some elements that I don't like too much, but overall it's still a solid song.
              Thanks for checking them out and I'm really happy to hear that you like them, especially "Ливни"/"Livni"/"Rainstorms"! With 18 consecutive weeks in the top 2 that song is now very high on my all time ranking. It deserves to be in the top 10 on my Decade chart, although it might not get there because as usual it's based on number of plays and songs from 2019 (and songs from 2010-2018 discovered in 2019) obviously have much less time than average. Unfortunately the song is not even a single and probably won't be.

Is there a reason why there are more songs in another language than English on your charts lately than previously, or was it already like that before you started to share your charts on UKMix?
              Good question! No it has never been like this before; English was always very dominant ever since I started listening to popular music in general, and even more so before 2016. A few years ago around 95 % of my all time most played top 1000 (including a few songs from the '80s and '90s) was in English. But now it's almost as if I'm tired of the language itself, if that's even possible... Or maybe it's just that now that I can understand lyrics in Russian (not perfectly of course, but better than I understood English in the early years) those songs are simply more interesting. Polish is a couple of years behind but also becoming a lot more interesting than before. The songs in English tend to sound too much like (worse versions of) old favourites and have a difficult time to compete with them. Or maybe the songs that are getting released now simply are worse than before and were it not for (especially) the ones in Russian and Polish there would have been a really big crisis. Even the songs in English that I really liked when I found them have tended to be more short-lived than usual.

Or maybe this is just a temporary effect and songs in English will sooner or later become dominant again (if only due to the larger number of releases). I really don't know what's going to happen!
              Last edited by Magnus; Sun October 13th, 2019, 23:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Ah, I see. Looking forward to finding out what song it is!
                The answer is here :
                https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...on-songs/page7
                My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Top "30" for Week 45 2019 (4th – 10th November)

Chart #: 1,036, Volume: 768

 1   (1) Марьяна Ро – Ливни [MARYANA RO – LIVNI] (23 weeks, peak #1 x15) S A
                   2   (2) AniKa Dąbrowska – Małe skrzydła (35 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
                   3   (6) Надежда Гуськова – Осторожно, это любовь [NADEZHDA GUS'KOVA – OSTOROZHNO, ETO LYUBOV'] (2 weeks, peak #3)
                   4   (3) Алиса Кожикина – Ты со мной [ALISA KOZHIKINA – TY SO MNOY] (8 weeks, peak #3)
                   5   (4) Марьяна Ро – Помоги мне [MARYANA RO – POMOGI MNE] (20 weeks, peak #4)
                  15 (NE) Jamie-Lee – Flying S V

23 weeks and "Ливни" still hasn't been outside of the top 2! Only six other songs managed that before.
                  Last edited by Magnus; Mon November 11th, 2019, 15:00.

Comment

• Top 10 for Week 47 2019 (18th – 24th November)

Chart #: 1,038, Volume: 1,089

 1   (2) Марьяна Ро – Ливни [MARYANA RO – LIVNI] (25 weeks, peak #1 x16) S A
                     2   (6) Марьяна Ро – Помоги мне [MARYANA RO – POMOGI MNE] (22 weeks) S V
                     3 (NE) Марьяна Ро – Чёрные розы [MARYANA RO – CHORNYYE ROZY]
                     4   (3) AniKa Dąbrowska – Małe skrzydła (37 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
                     5   (1) Надежда Гуськова – Осторожно, это любовь [NADEZHDA GUS'KOVA – OSTOROZHNO, ETO LYUBOV'] (4 weeks, peak #1)
                     6   (9) Monika Lewczuk – Z tobą lub bez ciebie (4 weeks)
                     7   (4) Алиса Кожикина – Ты со мной (10 weeks, peak #3)
                     8   (5) AniKa Dąbrowska – Oddycham chwilą (6 weeks, peak #4)
                     9   (7) Jamie-Lee – Flying (3 weeks) S V
                    10   (8) Molly – Опалённые солнцем (14 weeks, peak #1 x5) S A

Maryana released a new song and finally takes over the entire top 3!

Comment

• Top 10 for Week 48 2019 (25th November – 1st December)

Chart #: 1,039, Volume: 1,032

 1   (3) Марьяна Ро – Чёрные розы /MARYANA RO – CHORNYYE ROZY/
                       2   (1) Марьяна Ро – Ливни /MARYANA RO – LIVNI/ (26 weeks, peak #1 x16) S A
                       3   (2) Марьяна Ро – Помоги мне /MARYANA RO – POMOGI MNE/ (23 weeks) S V
                       4   (4) AniKa Dąbrowska – Małe skrzydła (38 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
                       5  (13) Anna Sedokova – Игристое, детка! /ANNA SEDOKOVA – IGRISTOYE, DETKA!/
                       6   (5) Надежда Гуськова – Осторожно, это любовь (5 weeks, peak #1)
                       7  (18) Jordyn Stoddard – Shouldn't Have To
                       8   (7) Алиса Кожикина – Ты со мной (11 weeks, peak #3)
                       9  (24) Саша Спилберг – Медляк (29 weeks, peak #1 x3) S V
                      10   (6) Monika Lewczuk – Z tobą lub bez ciebie (5 weeks)

Maryana replaces herself at #1 and becomes the first Russian artist to score more than one #1.

Comment

• 16 weeks at # 1

Longest # 1s in my charts (with retrospective) :
                        1. Anmary - Beautiful Song (2012) (14 weeks at # 1)
                        2. YVA - Brunetes Blondines (2007) (11 weeks at # 1)
                        3. Sue Wilkinson - You Gotta Be A Hustler If You Wanna Get On (1980) (10 weeks at #1)
                        4. Sinead Quinn - I Can't Break Down (2003) (10 weeks at #1)
                        5. Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe (1981) (9 weeks at # 1)
                        6. Britney Spears - Lucky (2000) (9 weeks at # 1)
                        7. Blondie - Sunday Girl (1979) (9 weeks at # 1)
                        8. Steps - It's The Way You Make Me Feel (2001) (9 weeks at # 1)

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Thanks for commenting, LastDreamer!

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                          16 weeks at # 1
                          And counting! Well, not right now, but I'll be shocked if it doesn't return to #1 again at least once in the coming 27 weeks. It's already too late to break the record though, which is 47 weeks (46 + 1) by Amy Diamond - Heartbeats in 2009-2010. That song was undefeated all 53 weeks except by two newer songs by the same singer. And would have gotten more than 100 weeks at #1 if not for the 53-week limit.

Comment

• I see you've not been updating in recent weeks. Did you also delete your archive yesterday? All the posts are edited to be blank...
                            ♥♥♥

FEISTY Alternative Singles Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Katie View Post
                              I see you've not been updating in recent weeks. Did you also delete your archive yesterday? All the posts are edited to be blank...
                              Hello Katie and welcome to my chart thread!

I don't update my chart here every week anymore, only when something interesting happens or when so much time has passed (6 weeks) that my chart would drop out from the UKMixParade.

About the archive thead, wow, I'm honestly surprised anyone noticed (and so quickly)! All of the posts in that thread looked horrible due to all "special" characters being lost when the forum switched software earlier this year. I didn't want that horrible mess to be visible anymore. I may still update those posts to look good again, but more likely I will put all the charts somewhere else and just post a link. That way I won't have to fix all the errors again the next time UKMix does an "update"...

Comment

• Possibly you heard it before, but based on your love to Eurovision and Russian language songs I must give this link on Russian language version of "Et Uus Saaks Alguse".

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                  Possibly you heard it before, but based on your love to Eurovision and Russian language songs I must give this link on Russian language version of "Et Uus Saaks Alguse".
                                  Thanks! Very interesting, had no idea this version existed!

Full Top 30 (week 2 2020) coming on Monday!

Comment

• Top 30 for Week 2 2020 (6th – 12th January)

Chart #: 1,045, Volume: 598

The new #1, yet another Russian song.

The rest of the top 10, including the first new entry from 2020.

 1   (3) Анастасия Некрасова – Расцвела / ANASTASIYA NEKRASOVA – RASTSVELA (3 weeks, chart run 3-3-1) S V
                                     2   (1) Марьяна Ро – Чёрные розы / MARYANA RO – CHORNYYE ROZY (8 weeks, chart run 3-1-1-1-1-1-1-2) S A
                                     3   (6) Марьяна Ро – Ливни / MARYANA RO – LIVNI (32 weeks, peak #1 x16) S A
                                     4  (10) AniKa Dąbrowska – Małe skrzydła (44 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
                                     5   (2) Марьяна Ро – Загадай / MARYANA RO – ZAGADAY (5 weeks, chart run 18-​2-​2-​2-​5) S V
                                     6  (19) Molly – Опалённые солнцем (21 weeks, peak #1 x5) S V
                                     7  (29) Amelia – Nie pozwolę nam się bać (45 weeks, peak #1) S V
                                     8   (4) Надежда Гуськова – Осторожно, это любовь (11 weeks, peak #1) S A
                                     9 (NE) AniKa Dąbrowska – Do gwiazd S V
                                    10   (8) Monika Lewczuk – Z tobą lub bez ciebie (11 weeks, peak #6) S V
                                    11  (12) Марьяна Ро – Помоги мне (29 weeks, peak #2) S V
                                    12   (5) Пропаганда – Белое платье (3 weeks) S V
                                    13  (18) AniKa Dąbrowska – Oddycham chwilą (13 weeks, peak #4) S V
                                    14   (9) Jordyn Stoddard – Shouldn't Have To (8 weeks, peak #7) S A
                                    15  (24) Саша Спилберг – Медляк (35 weeks, peak #1 x3) S V
                                    16  (16) Анна Седокова – Игристое, детка! (8 weeks, peak #5) S A
                                    17  (11) AniKa Dąbrowska – Daj coś od siebie (4 weeks) S V
                                    18  (13) Jada Facer – You Know I Hate It (4 weeks) S A
                                    19  (14) Ханна – Запрещённая любовь (4 weeks) S A
                                    20  (26) Елена Максимова – Я с тобой (4 weeks) S V
                                    21  (15) MacKenzie Porter – Cry Baby (3 weeks) S A
                                    22  (23) Надежда Гуськова – Наши сердца (8 weeks, peak #13) S A
                                    23  (21) Клава Кока – Половина (5 weeks, peak #17) S V
                                    24  (25) Ірина Федишин – Хочу на Мальдіви (27 weeks, peak #12) S V
                                    25  (28) Ольга Бузова – #Лайкер (10 weeks, peak #19) S V
                                    26  (RE) Cassadee Pope – If My Heart Had a Heart (29 weeks, peak #1 x5) S A
                                    27  (RE) Jannike – At Forever's End (15 weeks, peak #1) S V
                                    28 (NE) Оксана Ковалевская – Помада S A
                                    29  (30) Ирина Ортман – Художник (24 weeks, peak #11) S A
                                    30  (RE) Виктория Дайнеко – Магнитные (9 weeks, peak #11) S A

A very late 2019 discovery decisively climbs to #1 (it has almost three times the score of the #2). As usual in the beginning of the new year several of the top songs from the year before bounce back up, but there is also a new entry at #9 released in 2020.

Dropouts:
                                    --  (7) Jannike – Sorry for Yourself (3 weeks, peak #7) S V
                                    -- (17) Алиса Кожикина – Ты со мной (16 weeks, peak #3) S V
                                    -- (20) Алиса Кожикина – Белый герой (16 weeks, peak #4) S A
                                    -- (22) Марьяна Ро & FatCat – Мега-звезда (23 weeks, peak #5) S V
                                    -- (27) Sylwia Przybysz – Pomimo (25 weeks, peak #2) S V

These are all songs released in 2018 that are no longer eligible in 2020 (they still were last week because that week included two days of 2019).

The beautiful new #1, "Blossomed":

Comment

• Relentless Russian pop again.

This song was recorded 3 years ago and became the last Russian language entry in my chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                        Relentless Russian pop again.

This song was recorded 3 years ago and became the last Russian language entry in my chart.
                                        Thanks for commenting! Yes, Russian songs will probably continue to dominate my chart in 2020 (although the first new release to enter is in Polish!).

I thought that maybe you would like "Расцвела", even though it is in Russian. It sounds different from the other songs that were on my chart last year, I think. I would probably still like it even if it was in Swedish (if sung by someone with an equally beautiful voice of course). But of course it's better to hear it in a language I've never done boring stuff in (like fight with parents or work related things).

That Christmas song doesn't sound horrible, although usually Christmas songs do very poorly once the second half of January starts. (Even "Загадай" would have already dropped out if it my chart was based on plays only the most recent week.)
                                        Last edited by Magnus; Tue January 14th, 2020, 18:35. Reason: fix typo

Comment

Working...
                                        X